Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Welcome! > Read My Chart

Read My Chart If you want to have your astrological chart read and do not post an astrological interpretation along with your chart request, your postings go here. No one is required to read any chart request and it is greatly appreciated if people who have chart requests acknowledge those who were kind enough to answer their request. If you want an astrological chart reading using the Vedic method (square astrological charts), your postings go in the Vedic Astrology forum."Read My Chart" type postings found in the rest of the forum will be moved here.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 02-25-2019, 03:38 AM
LibraPisces LibraPisces is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 27
Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Does anyone knows if it shows up in a chart when a person hates generalisations?

I can't stand it whenever someone says:

All women can't drive
All men are machos
British people are conservative
Americans are fat and dumb
All gay people are feminine
All chinese people eat cats and dogs
Girls are bitches
Boys are easier than girls
Greeks are lazy

I hate incorrect things to death and generalisations make me explode.
I'm unable to handle it.

Is it a certain sign that makes me feel that way? Planet? Aspect?

How can I handle it?

I want to stay loyal to my ethics, values and ideals..
It's against everything that I fight for.

I wish I would live in New York ... I want more tolerance and openness.

https://i.imgur.com/Gj03LOQ.png


Last edited by LibraPisces; 03-04-2019 at 10:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 02-25-2019, 03:40 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Chart ?
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 02-25-2019, 03:46 AM
LibraPisces LibraPisces is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 27
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiracy theorist View Post
Chart ?
I added the link now

But I'm still not certain about my birth time
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Unread 02-25-2019, 04:28 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Okay, so what I see in your OP is two different "issues" combining in your chart which manifests in the way that you describe - the first is that you aim for precision in language and clear-cut, "correct" usage of language and clarity of meaning. The second is a value system that is affronted whenever someone is careless about the plight of the disenfranchised - in any guise that you see necessary. People who don't "care" enough to be precise offends you.

For the first characteristic, I'd look no further than your Taurus Mercury trine Capricorn Saturn. Saturn also sextiles your Moon. This is a Saturn that is as Saturnine as one can get being in it's domicile and it is located in the 3rd house. This speaks to a mind that is exacting and cautious, taking pains to communicate in way that is unambiguous and leaves no room for doubt. This placement results in a person that is motivated to be "right". This closeness of this Saturn to your Mercury by way of trine shows an easy flow between this very painstaking way of thinking and communicating to the planet that is primarily concerned with the left-brain, logical processes. This will increase the desire to use the proper syntax and grammar and can result in someone who can get very uptight if you find that someone doesn't meet your standard of "impeccable speech". The fact that this aspect occurs in Earth signs solidifies the need for logical congruity and "making sense". You're not pleased when things don't "make sense".

Gauquelin's research found that Saturn in the proper positions were correlated with eminent Scientists. It's debatable that your Saturn falls in what of those zones but the astrology is sound - the scientific method has all the painstaking rigor that is characteristic of Saturn.

Not so ironically, you have the Uranus/Neptune conjunction on the cusp of the 3rd - showing that your mind isn't as clear cut as you would like and that a part of your disease with others imprecision stems from a lot of the ambiguity that is in your mind.

The sextile to your Moon shows that even your right-brained, imaginative faculties are also somewhat curtailed by Saturnine influence showing that the cautious precision has an influence on this aspect of your thinking. Due to the nature of the Moon, you can see how there can be a natural dis-ease there. Another hint at the ambivalence you have toward the "unknown".

I believe the second characteristic stems from the placement of your Jupiter and the fact that it is touched by the outers and conjunct chiron - in the 9th house and Cancer. This will indicate a value system that is very much in touch with the elements of society that are non-mainstream and destabilizing, and the element of Chiron adds the touchy woundedness that may be an important aspect of where your values stem from. The placement of Cancer shows how your values are influenced by caring and compassion - making sure that everybody feels "safe" and "secure". The 9th house placement emphasizes that your values may be grounded in a lot of ideology/philosophy (this isn't universal mark you). You are much more likely to crusade for what you believe and the close trine to Pluto shows that this is very forceful, very entrenched and is concerned with wide scale social change that is meant to uproot the "incorrectness" that you see in society so that it may be transformed anew.

Scorpio rising with Mars in Aries shows that you are very much a fighter and will not mind rocking the boat or taking a stand if you believe what you are doing is the right thing.
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 02-25-2019, 04:30 AM
conspiracy theorist's Avatar
conspiracy theorist conspiracy theorist is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: clearing
Posts: 14,687
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Jupiter is also most elevated. Your Values are raised above all else.
__________________
Epoche
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Unread 02-25-2019, 06:55 AM
miquar's Avatar
miquar miquar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North West England
Posts: 3,215
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Hi. Yes there's quite a lot in the chart that could be contributing to this tendency.

Jupiter has to do with generalisations and here it is in protective Cancer. The close conjunction with Chiron suggests an awareness of the power of generalisations to wound. With Chiron there is need to accept that human nature is what it is, and that people will inevitably be cruel and insensitive to one another while the human race is so immature. The trine to Pluto makes this more intense and adds a sense of power struggle, especially with Moon and ascendant in Scorpio (with the Moon ruling the Jupiter-Chiron conjunction). Scorpio and Pluto need to break down boundaries in order that power can flow creatively rather than stagnating or being misused.

Sun is in the 8th, adding to the Scorpio/Pluto theme. Sun in Gemini identifies with knowledge and understanding, and may need others to acknowledge these when they are expressed. The Sun forms a tight 12th harmonic configuration with Jupiter, Chiron and Pluto.

Moon in Scorpio opposite Mercury in Taurus is potentially dogmatic, especially with the trine and sextile to Saturn in Capricorn in the 3rd house.

Also, potentially combative and crusading Mars in Aries is square Uranus. These planets aspect Venus on the descendant, affecting your sense of what people should expect of one another when they interact.

I would focus on Chiron's need to accept the realities of human nature at present, and the feelings of disempowerment generated by Moon in Scorpio, etc.

Best wishes

Miquar
__________________
True freedom and the end of suffering is living in such a way as if you had completely chosen whatever you feel or experience at this moment.

Eckhart Tolle, Stillness Speaks, page 118
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Unread 02-25-2019, 09:25 AM
Frisiangal Frisiangal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dairyland
Posts: 2,034
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Quote:
Jupiter has to do with generalisations


I tend to disagree here.
Mercury is the planet of generalisation in how one thinks and interprets every day information. Jupiter can hardly be associated with 'the higher mind' of knowledge if it thinks in terms of generalities rather than individual speciality.

My cent.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Unread 02-25-2019, 11:20 AM
miquar's Avatar
miquar miquar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North West England
Posts: 3,215
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Hi. I think Mercury tries to make connections between things so as to develop a framework for interpreting and problem-solving and generally understanding things. So in this sense, yes, Mercury is trying to see where fragments fit into a bigger picture. But Jupiter is associated with the so-called 'higher mind' precisely BECAUSE it looks for the general/universal/archetypal principles that give meaning and coherence to situations and events which arise. Mercury is associated with the everyday mind because it tries to understand the events and situations as phenomena in their own right. Jupiter is always dealing in symbols and therefore generalisations - whether in a bigotted way or a relatively inclusive way. ('relatively' because even the most inclusive view is just one view at the end of the day.)

Best wishes

Miquar
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Unread 02-25-2019, 11:56 AM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 57,433
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraPisces View Post

Does anyone knows if it shows up in a chart when a person hates generalisations?

They make me explode.
I feel a vulcan inside of me whenever someone says:

All women can't drive
All men are machos
British people are conservative
Americans are fat and dumb
All gay people are feminine
All dogs are clumsy
All cats hate water
All chinese people eat cats and dogs
Girls are bitches
Boys are easier than girls
Greeks are lazy

I hate incorrect things to death and generalisations make me explode.
I can't sleep because of it.
It makes me so insanely angry that I'm completely unable to handle it.

Is it a certain sign
that makes me feel that way?
Planet?
Aspect?
notice
you are inviting generalisations re "a certain sign"
or
"a certain planet"
or
"a certain aspect"
thus
inviting the very generalisation that you detest
i.e.
Someone strongly influenced by a certain sign ALWAYS generalises
A certain planet ALWAYS causes generalisation
A certain aspect ALWAYS causes generalisation

and so on
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraPisces View Post

How can I handle it?
Because this is what ends all my friendships.
I have no idea how I can stay loyal to my ethics, values and ideals..
and still be friends with people
because most of them make these generalisations.
Some claim that they don't mean them
but it doesn't feel that way when they do it over and over and over again...
They are against everything that I fight for.
learn patience
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibraPisces View Post

I wish I would live in New York instead of Germany...
I want tolerance and openness.
https://i.imgur.com/Gj03LOQ.png
New York is full of people who generalise
in fact
the world is full of people who generalise
it's inescapable
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
SunConjunctUranus (02-25-2019)
  #10  
Unread 02-25-2019, 12:57 PM
SunConjunctUranus SunConjunctUranus is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Posts: 2,694
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

The key is gratitude!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SunConjunctUranus For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-25-2019)
  #11  
Unread 02-26-2019, 08:06 AM
Frisiangal Frisiangal is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Dairyland
Posts: 2,034
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

[QUOTE]
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquar View Post
Hi. I think Mercury tries to make connections between things so as to develop a framework for interpreting and problem-solving and generally understanding things. So in this sense, yes, Mercury is trying to see where fragments fit into a bigger picture......

Mercury is associated with the everyday mind because it tries to understand the events and situations as phenomena in their own right.
Hi,
Everyday mind means 'generalisations', surely.

I've always understood that it is Mercury that represents the learning process through gathering of new information unknown beforehand. The sign it is in can suggest in/through what manner this information(Gemini) is processed (Virgo). As you say, it hasn't yet the ability to see 'the bigger picture' (Sagittarius) that Jupiter provides. This can only come when what has been informed, read, taught, thought, IS understood through Jupiter.

Quote:
But Jupiter is associated with the so-called 'higher mind' precisely BECAUSE it looks for the general/universal/archetypal principles that give meaning and coherence to situations and events which arise. Jupiter is always dealing in symbols and therefore generalisations - whether in a bigotted way or a relatively inclusive way. ('relatively' because even the most inclusive view is just one view at the end of the day.)
One view IS a specific perspective that is strictly personal and not necessarily shared by everyone. Such, for me, is a Jupiter trait.

If, as you say, Jupiter does represent 'generalisations' as per symbols (e.g.letters, numbers, graphs, cracks in the road, etc. - that I would place under a Virgo influence), under which planet would you place the trait of 'knowledge gained', through which, and that goes on to further education, study, specialisation in a particular area, etc.?

I thought JUPITER ASC.'s reply to poster was significant. To me, using the word 'certain' in regard to a sign, planet, aspect, reads as being particular and not generalised.

As I once asked in my very first thread on a now defunct but very interesting astrological board, "Where does Mercury end and Jupiter begin?"
I've personally come to believe that understanding is the 'advancement key'.

But to each its own.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Unread 02-26-2019, 08:29 AM
miquar's Avatar
miquar miquar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North West England
Posts: 3,215
Re: Can you help me deal with generalisations?

Hi. I think 'generalisation' is a word that can be uses in slightly different contexts. In any case, the chart in question suggest that both the Mercury and Jupiter functions are affected by issues of disempowerment and vulnerability, and thus perhaps a need to redress imbalance.

Best wishes

Miquar
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
deal, generalisations

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 01:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.