Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Vedic Astrology

Vedic Astrology For discussions on Vedic astrology only.

Unread 09-28-2016, 09:45 AM

What is a strong moon in Vedic?

What make a Moon strong in Vedic astrology?
My moon is in Aquarius, in the 4th house. Would that be considered strong or weak?

Unread 09-28-2016, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoloco View Post
My moon is in Aquarius, in the 4th house. Would that be considered strong or weak?

I would say vedic consideres Moon in Taurus to be exalted.. Moon in Cancer is in its own house.
Moon in Aquarius is quite a 'cold'moon, but it has its' advantages.
Unread 09-28-2016, 07:55 PM

Re: What is a strong moon in Vedic?

Thank you, for your response. Is the moon the most important in Vedic astrology? In Western, it is the ascendant. What determines your appearance in Vedic?
Unread 09-29-2016, 02:35 AM

The strength of Moon in Vedic astrology primarily depends on its distance from the Sun in the birth chart. If it is a new Moon or it is within about 80 deg of the Sun it is a weak Moon.
The Following User Says Thank You to mathur_dinesh For This Useful Post:
cocoloco (09-30-2016)
Unread 09-29-2016, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathur_dinesh View Post
The strength of Moon in Vedic astrology primarily depends on its distance from the Sun in the birth chart. If it is a new Moon or it is within about 80 deg of the Sun it is a weak Moon.
So mine would be weak then?
Unread 09-29-2016, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Hi !
Depends on what we mean by 'weak'. By 'strong' moon, i am assuming it means that it 'reflects'the sun very well. Meaning that the emotions of the soul are able to be expressed well. If you read your entire chart, it may show that you NEED your moon to be 'cold' to follow this path. Aquarius moon in 4th house may have 'different' or 'unique' opinions about the concept of 'home' or 'homeland' and the opinion may not be based on 'emotion' but rather on 'brotherhood for all'.which degree is the moon?
Unread 09-29-2016, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaRohini View Post
Hi !
Depends on what we mean by 'weak'. By 'strong' moon, i am assuming it means that it 'reflects'the sun very well. Meaning that the emotions of the soul are able to be expressed well. If you read your entire chart, it may show that you NEED your moon to be 'cold' to follow this path. Aquarius moon in 4th house may have 'different' or 'unique' opinions about the concept of 'home' or 'homeland' and the opinion may not be based on 'emotion' but rather on 'brotherhood for all'.which degree is the moon?
The moon is 10 degree, 4th house
I attached my Vedic chart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1475141019728.jpg (58.4 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by cocoloco; 09-29-2016 at 09:48 AM.
Unread 09-29-2016, 10:07 AM

Quote:
The moon is 10 degree, 4th house
I attached my Vedic chart.
Kurt Cobain.
Ha ha ..sorry your chart reminded me of his musical genius.
Unread 09-29-2016, 02:24 PM

It is actually a fifth house moon. Ketu conjunct lagna.

Last edited by duenderoja; 09-29-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Unread 09-29-2016, 02:37 PM

You are right duenderoja ! Sorry i was distracted..will check the chart once again.
Unread 09-29-2016, 02:45 PM

Quote:
The Moon gets maximum directional strength in the 4th.

Quote:
Thank you, for your response. Is the moon the most important in Vedic astrology? In Western, it is the ascendant. What determines your appearance in Vedic?
Lagna, Moon and Sun.

Quote:
I suggest you read a little on Shadbala. There are different kinds of strength. What's the Shadbala count of your Moon?

The Following User Says Thank You to muchacho For This Useful Post:
cocoloco (09-30-2016)
Unread 09-29-2016, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenderoja View Post
It is actually a fifth house moon. Ketu conjunct lagna.
I checked another site, and it showed 4th house Moon in Aquarius for Vedic too. I am so confused lol. Yea, I know my Ketu is conjunct lagna. I attached the signs.
I would have to say family wise, I relate to the description of 4th house moon in Aquarius better. For example family is important to me, and my mom had been there for me pretty much baby- ing me my whole life, she is my teacher and best friend. She gives me advice, and helped me in all my trying time. The strange thing is we do not show emotion of affection for each other. Rarely hugs, kisses, or "I love u". But we love each other, and show it in the things we do for one another.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FB_IMG_1475169908107.jpg (76.2 KB, 4 views)

Last edited by cocoloco; 09-29-2016 at 05:39 PM.
Unread 09-29-2016, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchacho View Post
The Moon gets maximum directional strength in the 4th.

Lagna, Moon and Sun.

I suggest you read a little on Shadbala. There are different kinds of strength. What's the Shadbala count of your Moon?
No, clue what Shadbala is, I tried reading about it but they used Indisn terms lol.
Unread 09-29-2016, 09:52 PM

http://barbarapijan.com/bpa/Graha/Ch...dra_bhava5.htm

Read about a fifth house Moon. Everything you described was a fifth house Moon. Not a fourth.

Last edited by duenderoja; 09-29-2016 at 09:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to duenderoja For This Useful Post:
cocoloco (09-30-2016)
Unread 09-30-2016, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by duenderoja View Post
http://barbarapijan.com/bpa/Graha/Ch...dra_bhava5.htm

Read about a fifth house Moon. Everything you described was a fifth house Moon. Not a fourth.
What about my Venus and Sun? Does it change to the 6th house?
How come most sites even Vedic say I am Venus/Mercury/Sun in the fifth, Moon in the 4th? Does Vedic change all the signs back one house?
Unread 09-30-2016, 12:50 AM

The moon is in the fourth.I stand corrected.

Venus and Sun are in the 5th.

Last edited by duenderoja; 09-30-2016 at 12:56 AM.
Unread 09-30-2016, 01:49 AM

Send a message via AIM to astrodranjna Send a message via Yahoo to astrodranjna Send a message via Skype™ to astrodranjna

Moon in Vedic Astrology represents minds, mother, water on earth, liquids in our body, pearls, milk, dairy business, cattle, rice, silver, speculative ideas etc. Moon owns Cancer sign but exalted in Taurus and debilitated in Scorpio. Waxing Moon is considered a benefic and waning Moon a Weak. Waxing Moon means moving towards a full moon. Waning Moon means past full and moving toward a new moon. The moon has no light of its own. It shines only by the reflected light of the Sun. The Sun is the Soul/source of energy. The Sun is the generator of power whereas Moon is conductor of power reflected by the Sun. The brighter the Moon (waxing Moon), the more of Soul is reflected back. Sun represents individuality whereas Moon shows one's personality. Therefore, bright Moon of Shukla Paksha is benefic, dark Moon of Krishna Paksha is malefic. Person with a waxing moon has more opportunities in life to explore and expand their resources, on the other hand A waning moon is more about dispersion or spreading of knowledge/resources to others. So waxing moon is considered more benefice to the native, the waning moon is more beneficial to others. In nutshell we can say that a waning Moon is less effective than waxing moon but not malefic.
AGR.ANJNA@GMAIL.COM
The Following User Says Thank You to astrodranjna For This Useful Post:
cocoloco (09-30-2016)
Unread 09-30-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodranjna View Post
Moon in Vedic Astrology represents minds, mother, water on earth, liquids in our body, pearls, milk, dairy business, cattle, rice, silver, speculative ideas etc. Moon owns Cancer sign but exalted in Taurus and debilitated in Scorpio. Waxing Moon is considered a benefic and waning Moon a Weak. Waxing Moon means moving towards a full moon. Waning Moon means past full and moving toward a new moon. The moon has no light of its own. It shines only by the reflected light of the Sun. The Sun is the Soul/source of energy. The Sun is the generator of power whereas Moon is conductor of power reflected by the Sun. The brighter the Moon (waxing Moon), the more of Soul is reflected back. Sun represents individuality whereas Moon shows one's personality. Therefore, bright Moon of Shukla Paksha is benefic, dark Moon of Krishna Paksha is malefic. Person with a waxing moon has more opportunities in life to explore and expand their resources, on the other hand A waning moon is more about dispersion or spreading of knowledge/resources to others. So waxing moon is considered more benefice to the native, the waning moon is more beneficial to others. In nutshell we can say that a waning Moon is less effective than waxing moon but not malefic.
That is well put astrodranjna. Most astrologers use the word malefic.To the native,the word 'malefic' makes it look as if it is dreary.May not be so. There is fun in that too. I myself have Moon Ketu Taurus Krishna Paksha close to the sun.. malefic moon . But great fun ! Just have fun with your moon coco.
The Following User Says Thank You to RaRohini For This Useful Post:
Chakravathy (10-04-2016)
Unread 09-30-2016, 05:25 AM

Quote:
That is well put astrodranjna. Most astrologers use the word malefic.To the native,the word 'malefic' makes it look as if it is dreary.May not be so. There is fun in that too. I myself have Moon Ketu Taurus Krishna Paksha close to the sun.. malefic moon . But great fun ! Just have fun with your moon coco.
Lol, thanks. I think my moon is waning, not 100% sure. However, I read that Moon in the 5th loves gambling and games, that is not true for me. However, my dad was a gambleholic, not my mom. Because he had a gambling problem and my parents divorced because of that, I never liked to gamble.

What is Moon Ketu Taurus Krishna Pasha?
Unread 09-30-2016, 05:28 AM

Quote:
Kurt Cobain.
Ha ha ..sorry your chart reminded me of his musical genius.
Quite a dreeeamy chart yours is.Very Musically or artistically inclined.
Kurt Cobain of Nirvana had Sun in Aqua Shatabhisha, Moon in Gemini Ardra ( let me double check this). Rahu in Aries Bharani the musician.Saturn in Pisces Uttarabhadra the ocean of consiousness..
Get the connect with your chart?
cocoloco (09-30-2016)
Unread 09-30-2016, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Lol, thanks. I think my moon is waning, not 100% sure. However, I read that Moon in the 5th loves gambling and games, that is not true for me. However, my dad was a gambleholic, not my mom. Because he had a gambling problem and my parents divorced because of that, I never liked to gamble.

Moon Ketu Taurus Krishna paksha is waning moon soon after eclipse. Many may consider it 'quite malefic'.
cocoloco (09-30-2016)
Unread 09-30-2016, 05:37 AM

Quote:

Yes Moon in Aqua Shatabhisha sometimes does indicate gambling or betting (horse races etc) butnot always
cocoloco (09-30-2016)
Unread 09-30-2016, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Kurt Cobain of Nirvana had Sun in Aqua Shatabhisha, Moon in Gemini Ardra ( let me double check this). Rahu in Aries Bharani the musician.Saturn in Pisces Uttarabhadra the ocean of consiousness..
I love arts and music. I never got a chance to play any musical instruments but always wanted to play the piano. I love painting too. I basically love a lot of supposed Venus/ Pisces things lol! Many people told me they love my speaking voice, although I am not a wonderful singer. Not atrocious, not good, or special. I just like to sing lol.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s1tccZP3Nalp
Me singing for fun.

Last edited by cocoloco; 09-30-2016 at 09:12 AM.
Unread 09-30-2016, 10:20 AM

Quote:
I looked at his chart, so unfortunate that he died so young. Is there anything in his chart that predicted an early death? But yes, I do see a lot of similarities in our charts thanks for pointing that out!
Unread 09-30-2016, 03:44 PM

Quote:
No, clue what Shadbala is, I tried reading about it but they used Indisn terms lol.
Shadbala means sixfold strength. That's how the strength of a planet is calculated in vedic astrology, they consider six kinds of strength, i.e. natural strength, positional strength, directional strength etc. It's a rather complex system of calculations but your vedic software should do that for you.

Post your birth details and then we can look at the overall strength of your Moon.

Tags
moon, strong, vedic