Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Horary Questions on Relational Issues

Horary Questions on Relational Issues For horary questions about relationships.


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Unread 05-27-2015, 04:53 PM
Marvel's Avatar
Marvel Marvel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: In Reality
Posts: 27
Is she having an affair with her friend? We are about to move in together!

I have recently attracted a lovely women( who is a Virgo with Cancer rising Scorpio Moon) into my life whom I am committed to creating a progressive union with.

However, she has a male best friend who is an Aquarius (has Scorpio Moon), whom she known for a longer period of time before meeting me (college mates). I suspect that they may have had sexual relations (not sure to what capacity) and find myself intuitively concerned about their relationship.

She seems to be invested in his involvement in her life as a friend. So he comes along with the package. I am a Leo with a Leo rising and Virgo Moon/Venus. I've met this guy several times and find myself questioning his role in her life.

Please help me understand this circumstance before I make a full blown commitment! She is ready to move in with me pretty soon. I appreciate your feedback and clarity.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg HoraryWREAC2.jpg (141.6 KB, 45 views)

__________________
"The struggle for definition is veritably the struggle for life itself. "-Thomas Szasz

“ A life of ease is a difficult pursuit. ” — William Cowper

"Luck is a moment in time.Wisdom is forever"- The 7 Samurai

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Maria Robinson

Last edited by Marvel; 05-27-2015 at 05:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Unread 05-27-2015, 09:15 PM
cspencer cspencer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 145
Re: Is she having an affair with her friend? We are about to move in together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
Please help me understand this circumstance before I make a full blown commitment! She is ready to move in with me pretty soon. I appreciate your feedback and clarity.
Why aren't you doing synastry? Synastry is best for examining long term relationships.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Unread 05-27-2015, 11:07 PM
Slenkar Slenkar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 620
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

She is mars her friend is mercury
They are conjunct, but they're are not in the twelfth house
So maybe nothing secret is going on
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slenkar For This Useful Post:
junoisuppose (05-30-2015)
  #4  
Unread 05-28-2015, 02:05 AM
tsmall's Avatar
tsmall tsmall is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,114
Re: Is she having an affair with her friend? We are about to move in together!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
I have recently attracted a lovely women( who is a Virgo with Cancer rising Scorpio Moon) into my life whom I am committed to creating a progressive union with.

However, she has a male best friend who is an Aquarius (has Scorpio Moon), whom she known for a longer period of time before meeting me (college mates). I suspect that they may have had sexual relations (not sure to what capacity) and find myself intuitively concerned about their relationship.

She seems to be invested in his involvement in her life as a friend. So he comes along with the package. I am a Leo with a Leo rising and Virgo Moon/Venus. I've met this guy several times and find myself questioning his role in her life.

Please help me understand this circumstance before I make a full blown commitment! She is ready to move in with me pretty soon. I appreciate your feedback and clarity.
Do you suspect that they may have been intimate in the past, or are you concerned that they are having an affair now?

Personally I wouldn't answer this question for a querent. It would be better, best if you spoke of your concerns with your girlfriend. Her past is hers, and not something I would encourage the equivalent of astrological spying on.
__________________
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Unread 05-28-2015, 02:37 AM
tikana's Avatar
tikana tikana is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch, Wales
Posts: 13,117
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

i wouldnt touch it with 10 foot pole.
it is really non of your business
using horary to get intimate details like that is hihgly unethical
__________________
I only read horary charts. Include your own interpretation. I don't care how desperate you are. I am not IKEA tech support or I will bill you $99.99 per minute
Christian astrology pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tikana For This Useful Post:
cspencer (05-29-2015), tsmall (05-28-2015)
  #6  
Unread 05-28-2015, 02:48 AM
Slenkar Slenkar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 620
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

If they are about to move in together and he wants to know if she is having an affair now.

How is that unethical?

Saturn is in the seventh opposite the girlfriend and her friend which show that her current relationship is stopping her.

Pretty sure nothing secret is going on.

They are also both under sunbeams or combustion which shows the same thing.

Last edited by Slenkar; 05-28-2015 at 03:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slenkar For This Useful Post:
Carla (05-28-2015), junoisuppose (05-30-2015)
  #7  
Unread 05-28-2015, 02:54 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,099
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

To me it seems querent is asking whether his girlfriend is sleeping with her male friend now, not about the past....is that so Marvel?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
Carla (05-28-2015)
  #8  
Unread 05-28-2015, 03:01 AM
tsmall's Avatar
tsmall tsmall is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,114
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slenkar View Post
If they are about to move in together and he wants to know if she is having an affair now.

How is that unethical?
Re-read the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
However, she has a male best friend who is an Aquarius (has Scorpio Moon), whom she known for a longer period of time before meeting me (college mates). I suspect that they may have had sexual relations (not sure to what capacity) and find myself intuitively concerned about their relationship.
She seems to be invested in his involvement in her life as a friend. So he comes along with the package. I am a Leo with a Leo rising and Virgo Moon/Venus. I've met this guy several times and find myself questioning his role in her life.

The querent is concerned because his girlfriend has a male best friend, which makes him uneasy. He is concerned that they may have been intimate in the past. Rather than ask her about it, he is asking for a free astrology reading to validate his suspicions. This is, in essence, a third party question, something any astrologer would hesitate to answer based on the limited information given. The best advice is for the querent to express his concerns to his girlfriend and have an open, honest conversation about what is bothering him, not to ask random amature astrologers on a public forum to confirm his fears.

We do not know what the situation is. We do not know what the querent may or may not do with the information given. And, we do NOT have the girlfriend's permission to explore her past.
__________________
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~Mark Twain
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tsmall For This Useful Post:
cspencer (05-29-2015), Ladylike (05-28-2015)
  #9  
Unread 05-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Inline's Avatar
Inline Inline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 615
Re: Is she having an affair with her friend? We are about to move in together!

..........................

Last edited by Inline; 10-16-2016 at 02:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inline For This Useful Post:
andreea (05-28-2015)
  #10  
Unread 05-28-2015, 04:03 PM
Marvel's Avatar
Marvel Marvel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: In Reality
Posts: 27
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Thank you for all your valuable feedback. Truth is I want to know if it happened in at all (past or present)

I've already inquired and gotten a "No" however, I find myself still not at ease b/c of the vibes Im getting from her friend during their company together.

I wont say my question is unethical. I am asking my fellow astrologers for insight before making a major life commitment. Perhaps these could be my internal challenges I must absolve however, I want to know if it ever happened as well to simple test her response. My aspect of Venus Trine Neptune can make relationships a form of sabotage I just want to be clear.

I notice Venus square Uranus in this chart does that indicate anything.
__________________
"The struggle for definition is veritably the struggle for life itself. "-Thomas Szasz

“ A life of ease is a difficult pursuit. ” — William Cowper

"Luck is a moment in time.Wisdom is forever"- The 7 Samurai

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Maria Robinson
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Marvel For This Useful Post:
andreea (05-28-2015)
  #11  
Unread 05-28-2015, 04:46 PM
Slenkar Slenkar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 620
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

you are venus,
if uranus is square you, it means astrology thinks you are weird

The moon is also void of course which means nothing to worry about
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slenkar For This Useful Post:
tsmall (05-29-2015)
  #12  
Unread 05-28-2015, 06:52 PM
Ladylike Ladylike is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 57
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
Thank you for all your valuable feedback. Truth is I want to know if it happened in at all (past or present)

.
I can't help but thinking...Does it really matter ? How many of the people you have slept with in the past matters now ? Probably none ?

What matters is, that it is YOU she wants to be with and move in with. That is quite a statement. Does anything else really matter at the end of the day ?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ladylike For This Useful Post:
junoisuppose (05-30-2015)
  #13  
Unread 05-29-2015, 01:50 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,099
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
Thank you for all your valuable feedback. Truth is I want to know if it happened in at all (past or present)

I've already inquired and gotten a "No" however, I find myself still not at ease b/c of the vibes Im getting from her friend during their company together.

I wont say my question is unethical. I am asking my fellow astrologers for insight before making a major life commitment. Perhaps these could be my internal challenges I must absolve however, I want to know if it ever happened as well to simple test her response. My aspect of Venus Trine Neptune can make relationships a form of sabotage I just want to be clear.

I notice Venus square Uranus in this chart does that indicate anything.

Marvel,

follow your intuition, if you're picking something up, some vibe etc...I wouldn't discard that, I say this as I do see something in the chart that is not good.

Now, one thing I wanted to mention, her planet Mars is combust and its an applying combustion. What combustion does (among other things) is severely affect one's judgment and reasoning. So if you tried to discuss things with her, she will be very difficult to be reasoned with, she will not be able to see your point of view.

I do believe she has great affection for this person, he is Mercury, and she is in his sign. Perhaps she has friendship type affection for him, but this also shows she is not going to let go of him easily.

Combustion doesn't last forever, right now she will be difficult to be reasoned with, but after sometime, she will perhaps be able to understand where you're coming from.

I hope this can help you with this situation. All the best!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
junoisuppose (05-30-2015)
  #14  
Unread 05-29-2015, 02:08 AM
cspencer cspencer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 145
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
I wont say my question is unethical.
But of course it is.

Horary will never over-ride your natal chart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
I am asking my fellow astrologers for insight before making a major life commitment.
Then you need to be looking at synastry.

Here's a synastry of birth charts with an explanation:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...51&postcount=9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
Perhaps these could be my internal challenges I must absolve however, I want to know if it ever happened as well to simple test her response.
Assuming you would be married or engaged, the question you asked has a very specific and complicated delineation (which no one has come close to doing correctly).
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cspencer For This Useful Post:
tsmall (05-30-2015)
  #15  
Unread 05-29-2015, 11:22 AM
Marvel's Avatar
Marvel Marvel is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: In Reality
Posts: 27
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
Marvel,

follow your intuition, if you're picking something up, some vibe etc...I wouldn't discard that, I say this as I do see something in the chart that is not good.

Now, one thing I wanted to mention, her planet Mars is combust and its an applying combustion. What combustion does (among other things) is severely affect one's judgment and reasoning. So if you tried to discuss things with her, she will be very difficult to be reasoned with, she will not be able to see your point of view.

I do believe she has great affection for this person, he is Mercury, and she is in his sign. Perhaps she has friendship type affection for him, but this also shows she is not going to let go of him easily.

Combustion doesn't last forever, right now she will be difficult to be reasoned with, but after sometime, she will perhaps be able to understand where you're coming from.

I hope this can help you with this situation. All the best!
FIrstly I want to thank everyone who is contributing to this post.
I find that I am understanding Horary Astrology throughout.

@ Rafaella - Thank You for your insight. I found this helpful to a degree.

How do you measure the time frame for this combustion? Does mercury in retrograde indicate any information?

When you are referring that she may be difficult to reason, is this in general or if I bring up the relationship between her and her friend?

If I decide to confront her on this will this activate her Martian attributes?
Plus Mars and Mercury is in Gemini - The possibility to be lied to?

When you say " I do see something in the chart that is not good", what are you referring to?

----------------
@Tsmalls - You bring a valid point with regards to my coming on a forum with "amature astrologers" to investigate a suspicion I have without the permission of my girlfriend. I am asking for support for a community I wish grows progressively.

However, the reason I ask these questions b/c I am quite invested in building a life with her and want to eradicate the potential of being blindsided as I was in the past. This information will simply empower me with insight.

How would you feel if the person you love introduces to you a friend whom they had a past or/and current affair with without your knowledge? Given that you are going to allow them to live in your home. This friend of theirs is apart of their ecosystem and the merging of lives means I will have to allow room for such a person in mines.
Imagine having to that person smile in your face and eat at your table. Pardon my Leonian resolve.

I simply want to have perspective before allowing myself to be under deception.
---------------------------
@Slenkar Thank you for understanding my plight - I would want to avoid moving in with such a situation.

Moon is Void - Means there is no affair?
Does asking a question during this phase equate an answer to being definite Yes or No?
@ astrology thinks im wierd!

You state saturn is preventing them from such an occurence. Does this mean a temporary breakup will activate such an event?

GENERAL QUESTION:In horary, Does the chart of a specific question claim dominance over such a situation?

Will the cycle of Saturn continue to prevent this or can its strength subside?

When a Sun is conjunct (sunbeams) and Mars in producing combustion, does this mean that if it were to occur it would immediately be seen?
-------------------------------
@inline Thank You for this advice. I worry how this inquiry may impact our relationship, hence my coming here to learn.

-------------------------------
__________________
"The struggle for definition is veritably the struggle for life itself. "-Thomas Szasz

“ A life of ease is a difficult pursuit. ” — William Cowper

"Luck is a moment in time.Wisdom is forever"- The 7 Samurai

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.” Maria Robinson
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Unread 05-29-2015, 12:23 PM
Inline's Avatar
Inline Inline is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 615
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

.............................

Last edited by Inline; 10-16-2016 at 02:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Inline For This Useful Post:
andreea (05-31-2015), junoisuppose (05-30-2015), tsmall (05-30-2015)
  #17  
Unread 05-29-2015, 12:43 PM
Tessie Tessie is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 546
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

It is a toughie if you want to be with her but may have to lose her over something you do not know if it is happening. My vote is you have to be cut-throat (not-literally) on this on the basis of trust. She is either behaving in a way you are comfortable to experience for the rest of your lives or she is making you feel nervous and on edge. There will be situations in life where you may feel uncomfortable. However, your home should not be one of them. ♥
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tessie For This Useful Post:
junoisuppose (05-30-2015)
  #18  
Unread 05-29-2015, 01:20 PM
Slenkar Slenkar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 620
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Moon is Void - Means there is no affair?
in my amateur opinion yes

As another person suggested I think you should do synastry, it does more than just tell you if you get along. It tells you if there will be deception.
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Slenkar For This Useful Post:
oleanna (05-30-2015), tsmall (05-29-2015)
  #19  
Unread 05-29-2015, 04:28 PM
JUPITERASC's Avatar
JUPITERASC JUPITERASC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 57,207
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post

When you are referring that she may be difficult to reason, is this in general
or if I bring up the relationship between her and her friend?

If I decide to confront her on this will this activate her Martian attributes?
Plus Mars and Mercury is in Gemini - The possibility to be lied to?


----------------
@Tsmall - You bring a valid point with regards to my coming on a forum with "amature astrologers"
to investigate a suspicion I have without the permission of my girlfriend......

However, the reason I ask these questions b/c I am quite invested in building a life with her
and want to eradicate the potential of being blindsided as I was in the past.
This information will simply empower me with insight.

The insight that 'empowers' you
is insight that you are unlikely to share with your girlfriend
therefore
you are deceiving your girlfriend
and
also taking advice from amateur astrologers
who are responding to you in order to practice their skills
and whose advice is not infallible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post

How would you feel if the person you love
introduces to you a friend whom they had a past or/and current affair with
without your knowledge?
One wonders how your prospective girlfriend would feel if she discovered that
because you suspect her of a past or / and current affair
that she may not have had
and
that there is no evidence that she has had
i.e.
Keep in mind that we have not heard your prospective girlfriend's story.
we have heard only your suspicions

and

rather than discuss your fears and suspicions openly with your girlfriend
you are instead relying on unknown and complete strangers on a public online astrological forum
to work on the equivalent of unethical astrological spying on your behalf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post

...Given that you are going to allow them to live in your home. .
This friend of theirs is apart of their ecosystem
and the merging of lives means I will have to allow room for such a person in mines.
Imagine having to that person smile in your face and eat at your table.
Pardon my Leonian resolve.

I simply want to have perspective before allowing myself to be under deception.

and so you are being deceptive towards your girlfriend
as well as deceptive towards "this friend of theirs"
while complaining that you suspect your prospective girlfriend of deception


Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
-------------------------------
@inline Thank You for this advice.
I worry how this inquiry may impact our relationship,
hence my coming here to learn.


-------------------------------
keep in mind that ours is an astrological learning forum
horary astrology takes time to learn
and so the advice you receive is far from infallible
and in fact forum rules explicitly state:

QUOTE

Ethical rules to observe:
Astrological data are highly sensitive.
We therefore ask you to take the protection of personal data of third persons very seriously.

Please know that you should take your own risks if you decide to trust someone else with their astrological services,
as this forum does not undertake any responsibility for any astrological services, especially those offered against a fee, via this forum in any form:
through public forums or chat, private messages or emails.

Also remember that this is a public forum,
indexed by search engines (Google, for instance),
so basically everything you post here is not only viewable by any other person,
but it also can be retrieved by a simple internet search.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf
Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to JUPITERASC For This Useful Post:
cspencer (05-29-2015), IleneK (05-29-2015), Inline (05-29-2015), oleanna (05-29-2015), tsmall (05-29-2015)
  #20  
Unread 05-29-2015, 11:27 PM
tsmall's Avatar
tsmall tsmall is offline
Senior Member, Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: New Hampshire
Posts: 3,114
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
----------------
@Tsmalls -
it's "tsmall", though I suppose Tsmalls works as well as Smally, Biggie Smalls, and hey, even dr. farr called me Tsmail for a while there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
You bring a valid point with regards to my coming on a forum with "amature astrologers" to investigate a suspicion I have without the permission of my girlfriend. I am asking for support for a community I wish grows progressively.
It is a valid point. The method cspenser referred to, as to how to delineate this complex question, arrose in a time when women were considered chattle, and had no right to privacy. Your girlfriend is not obligated to tell you everything about her life because you are looking to move in with her, not buy her. Horary isn't CarFax. You do not have the right to violate her privacy because you are "suspicious" that her male best friend might have been something more than a "friend" in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
However, the reason I ask these questions b/c I am quite invested in building a life with her and want to eradicate the potential of being blindsided as I was in the past.
Blindsided? Welcome to life. Wear a helmet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
This information will simply empower me with insight.
Yes, you mentioned that. You are looking to use an horary chart to test her veracity if/when you actually decide to ask her the question yourself. And you are looking to get "the facts" from a chart you, as the casting astrologer, don't know how to read, ready and willing to use any evidence provided by anonymous astrologers whose credentials you don't even know as proof of her lying. Salem Witch Trials, anyone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
How would you feel if the person you love introduces to you a friend whom they had a past or/and current affair with without your knowledge? Given that you are going to allow them to live in your home. This friend of theirs is apart of their ecosystem and the merging of lives means I will have to allow room for such a person in mines.
Imagine having to that person smile in your face and eat at your table. Pardon my Leonian resolve.
Honey, I've been married for 15 years, and with my husband for 18. There are still parts of my past he doesn't know, and parts of his I don't. I am great friends with almost all of the guys I've had serious relationships with before I met my current husband, including my ex-husband. He never questions my intent or intentions. It would never occur to him to violate my privacy, just as it would never occur to me to violate his. And seriously? I don't want to know all the intimate details of his past. He loves me, I love him, we have a family...it comes down to trust. Either you trust her, or you don't. And if you don't, then just stop right there. Because really, she deserves better. So do you, in the long run, but if you have trust issues to the extent that you are willing to ask complete strangers to verify your "intuition that a guy and a girl can't be best friends" in order to play "gotcha" with her when you actually ask her (or were you even planning to ask her?) then clearly there is something you need to work out on your own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel View Post
I simply want to have perspective before allowing myself to be under deception.
Then you need to spend more time with your own chart and less time with hers...oh, and that whole synastry chart comparison that has been proposed and endorsed by several? Yes. That.
---------------------------
__________________
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it." ~Mark Twain

Last edited by tsmall; 05-29-2015 at 11:54 PM.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tsmall For This Useful Post:
oleanna (05-30-2015)
  #21  
Unread 05-30-2015, 03:55 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,099
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Guys,

These sort of questions, 'cheating spouse' questions are not new in the forum on any other forum for that matter. 'Is my husband/wife/partner cheating' question is one of the most popular type horary questions, and if you just do a quick search you will see just how many horary charts have been made with such a question in mind. Now where were you when those questions were asked, why didn't you tell the querent off then? If you all think such a question violates the privacy etc of the quesited then perhaps we should speak to the moderators and place such a rule in the horary rules on here, that way no one is allowed to ask 'is my spouse/partner cheating on me?"... and that's it.

If you do not like this question, no one is asking you to read the chart, move on to next chart and be done with it. Yes its sensitive matter and one needs to be very careful with delineation of such charts because the astrologer can definitely err in judgement, even Lilly points to this. The querent could be not in right mind and do something hastily due to wrong judgement, we obvisouly want to avoid a situation where querent sees red and takes a gun and shoots the quesited and her friend... So yes, as an astrologer one needs to be very careful and perhaps decide for themselves if the querent is capable to take what is shown in the chart with a logical mind and whether they want to read the chart.

I just did a quick search and found these here just to show there have been many such questions:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...light=cheating

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...light=cheating

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...light=cheating


Marvel, here are so good discussions on third party question/cheating etc which might help you delineate your own chart... Deb Houlding gives some good information http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8726

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8253

Also an article 'will she leave her husband for me?" very interesting chart and interpretation to help you learn horary in general, there are also other relationship questions interpreted there to help you further.. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/leave_husband.html



Regarding combustion, Combustion afflicts the planet that is within 8,5 degrees from the Sun. In this chart Sun is applying to Mars. Sun is at 5.47 Gemeni, Mars is at 10.42 Gemeni, an applying combustion between the two is more severe than a separating one. Lilly says a planet combusted shows him/her to be 'in great fear and overpowered by some great person'. What this could mean she is stressed and afflicted. A planet combust cannot see or be seen. Why? Well, think for yourself, when Sun is shining bright in the sky, can you see other planets/Moon etc? No... Sun is too powerful and all the other planets are 'hidden'. If an object, lets say a book is missing and you pull up a chart and ask 'where is my book?" and the chart shows that book to be closely conjunct the Sun and severely combusted, you can be pretty certain you won't be able to see the book no matter how much you search, its hidden and afflicted. But as soon as combustion and under the beams degree has passed ( meaning 17 degree between the object and the Sun), you have a better chance of finding it.

Now, you can apply the same logic to the question, as you see Mars is combusted and severely so, can you find whats going on while Mars is afflicted? Nope... but let time pass and let life move forward and perhaps in a month or two, perhaps much longer... you will be able to figure out whats going on, if anything. To help you further understand combustion here is some good info, but its kind of long...

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewto...er=asc&start=0

Last edited by rafaella; 05-30-2015 at 03:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
andreea (05-30-2015), junoisuppose (05-30-2015), Oddity (05-30-2015)
  #22  
Unread 05-30-2015, 04:15 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,058
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Rafaella I'm with you on this, and yes in the past a lot of the posters here have answered this type of questions.

However, a while ago, tsmall opened a topic about the ethic of such charts, in which we discussed this sort of charts:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=80996

This is why no one is commenting on it, despite having done so in the past.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 05-30-2015 at 04:19 AM.
Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
junoisuppose (05-30-2015), rafaella (05-30-2015), tsmall (05-30-2015)
  #23  
Unread 05-30-2015, 04:42 AM
rafaella's Avatar
rafaella rafaella is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Kangaroo land
Posts: 4,099
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Thanks Dirius for directing me to that thread, I had not seen it. Its a very appropriate and important discussion but hard to really draw a line as to what exactly is appropriate for an astrologer to interpret, I think each astrologer will have to decide where to draw the line when it comes to third party questions.

If querent was asking about someone who he has no relation with, I'd definitely not even open the chart, but in this instance the querent is in relationship with a potentially cheating partner... would that be a third party question or not? That's the question. If one doesn't want to interpret there is no need to, I rarely read these charts myself, but in this instance I'm happy to provide some basic information and give him resources where he can learn to interpret the chart on his own. And that's as far as I'm happy to go... the querent does come across as down to earth and objective person, and I'm sure will be able to figure out what is the best way to go forward when time comes...

cheers
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to rafaella For This Useful Post:
andreea (05-30-2015)
  #24  
Unread 05-30-2015, 04:52 AM
cspencer cspencer is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2015
Posts: 145
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
Guys,

These sort of questions, 'cheating spouse' questions are not new in the forum on any other forum for that matter. 'Is my husband/wife/partner cheating' question is one of the most popular type horary questions, and if you just do a quick search you will see just how many horary charts have been made with such a question in mind. Now where were you when those questions were asked, why didn't you tell the querent off then? If you all think such a question violates the privacy etc of the quesited then perhaps we should speak to the moderators and place such a rule in the horary rules on here, that way no one is allowed to ask 'is my spouse/partner cheating on me?"... and that's it.

If you do not like this question, no one is asking you to read the chart, move on to next chart and be done with it. Yes its sensitive matter and one needs to be very careful with delineation of such charts because the astrologer can definitely err in judgement, even Lilly points to this. The querent could be not in right mind and do something hastily due to wrong judgement, we obvisouly want to avoid a situation where querent sees red and takes a gun and shoots the quesited and her friend... So yes, as an astrologer one needs to be very careful and perhaps decide for themselves if the querent is capable to take what is shown in the chart with a logical mind and whether they want to read the chart.

I just did a quick search and found these here just to show there have been many such questions:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...light=cheating

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...light=cheating

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...light=cheating


Marvel, here are so good discussions on third party question/cheating etc which might help you delineate your own chart... Deb Houlding gives some good information http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8726

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=8253

Also an article 'will she leave her husband for me?" very interesting chart and interpretation to help you learn horary in general, there are also other relationship questions interpreted there to help you further.. http://www.skyscript.co.uk/leave_husband.html



Regarding combustion, Combustion afflicts the planet that is within 8,5 degrees from the Sun. In this chart Sun is applying to Mars. Sun is at 5.47 Gemeni, Mars is at 10.42 Gemeni, an applying combustion between the two is more severe than a separating one. Lilly says a planet combusted shows him/her to be 'in great fear and overpowered by some great person'. What this could mean she is stressed and afflicted. A planet combust cannot see or be seen. Why? Well, think for yourself, when Sun is shining bright in the sky, can you see other planets/Moon etc? No... Sun is too powerful and all the other planets are 'hidden'. If an object, lets say a book is missing and you pull up a chart and ask 'where is my book?" and the chart shows that book to be closely conjunct the Sun and severely combusted, you can be pretty certain you won't be able to see the book no matter how much you search, its hidden and afflicted. But as soon as combustion and under the beams degree has passed ( meaning 17 degree between the object and the Sun), you have a better chance of finding it.

Now, you can apply the same logic to the question, as you see Mars is combusted and severely so, can you find whats going on while Mars is afflicted? Nope... but let time pass and let life move forward and perhaps in a month or two, perhaps much longer... you will be able to figure out whats going on, if anything. To help you further understand combustion here is some good info, but its kind of long...

http://skyscript.co.uk/forums/viewto...er=asc&start=0

There is a very specific delineation method for the question, and you didn't do it.

As was pointed out, this delineation method arose at a time when there were dowries, and a woman was worth more if she was a virgin, so naturally, there's a need to know.

Since then, we have a new operating Grand Conjunction Chart, and we've had several shifts in the Great Mutation and things are not the same. We no longer treat women as property. In fact, women even have the right to vote.

When we look at the Grand Conjunction 1702, we see Moon in partile conjunction with the Saturn/Jupiter partile conjunction, and then all three assembled with Venus, in Aries in the 7th Place, showing that the plight of women will change and women will be elevated to positions of trust and authority and leadership over the course of the next several centuries (as we direct the chart).

Anyway, your job as astrologer is to advise your client on the best course of action.

Answering the horary is not the best course of action.

This querent needs serious counseling for the serious problem they have, which obviously revolves around trust issues.

I would suggest there's probably an issue in the natal chart, and I'd be looking for an aspect involving a retrograde Star that creates a self-fulling prophecy.

What is needed here, is a synastry.

If there is no synastry, then there will be no relationship regardless of the outcome of the horary question.

Right?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cspencer For This Useful Post:
tsmall (05-30-2015)
  #25  
Unread 05-30-2015, 05:38 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,058
Re: Is she having a clandestine affair with her male friend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafaella View Post
Thanks Dirius for directing me to that thread, I had not seen it. Its a very appropriate and important discussion but hard to really draw a line as to what exactly is appropriate for an astrologer to interpret, I think each astrologer will have to decide where to draw the line when it comes to third party questions.

If querent was asking about someone who he has no relation with, I'd definitely not even open the chart, but in this instance the querent is in relationship with a potentially cheating partner... would that be a third party question or not? That's the question. If one doesn't want to interpret there is no need to, I rarely read these charts myself, but in this instance I'm happy to provide some basic information and give him resources where he can learn to interpret the chart on his own. And that's as far as I'm happy to go... the querent does come across as down to earth and objective person, and I'm sure will be able to figure out what is the best way to go forward when time comes...

cheers
I agree completly with this.

I personally don't think it is a "3rd party" question. If we take this as a 3rd party question, then pretty much any horary is considered to be about 3rd parties.

It is not because the chart tramples on other people's life. By that logic, answering if someone "likes you" is already messing in that persons life....and we answer that all the time. The same goes with job offers, and such.

Actually...pretty much any horary chart is about meddling in other people's business. Its about knowing what it is unkown

The reason why most would be reluctant to give a judgement on a chart like this is because of how the querent could react towards the answer, if it is one that displeases him. There are obviously cases of violence and such. After all, we are nothing more than internet accounts here, no one really knows how each other really is.

Not to mention, that we could get it wrong, tell the querent she is not cheating while she is, or tell him she is cheating while she is not.

It is not like answering about a job offer, in which the person will find out if he/she gets the job anyways.

What I do find interesting is that the querent said:"recently I've attracted a person into my life", and it seems you are already discussing moving in together, despite the fact that you suspect cheating on her part---- that seems weird.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
affair, clandestine, friend, male

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 09:02 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.