Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Natal Astrology

Natal Astrology A place to discuss yours and others' birth charts (after you post your own birth chart interpretation). Includes psychological and relocation astrology, houses, aspects, and planetary dignity and debility.

Unread 01-27-2015, 06:58 AM
Banned

Why do I feel more "talkative" during Mercury retrograde?

As you may already know Mercury is currently in retrograde motion, so that tends to shift everything up and make people more quiet and introverted, in other words it's a time for self-reflection. But for some reason it's the opposite for me--instead I feel more talkative and mentally active under the retrograde influence. I usually don't like talking, but lately I'm finding myself trying to communicate with as many people as possible via texting, calling, emailing, webchat, etc etc--pretty much any way I can to "communicate". There's just this compelling URGE for me to wanna communicate, which is weird considering the fact I usually don't do that.

Does this have something to do with Mercury in retrograde? Or are there other planetary transits making me feel the way I do?

Last edited by Dukemania; 01-27-2015 at 07:01 AM.
Unread 01-27-2015, 09:19 AM

Re: Why do I feel more "talkative" during Mercury retrograde?

Hey there,

You have a retrograde natal mercury. I've read some astrology sites that say during a mercury retrograde those with their natal mercury in this motion actually benefit from it, instead of it negating their mercurial qualities.

V

—Charles Bukowski, "The Laughing Heart"
Unread 01-27-2015, 09:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystateofmind View Post
Hey there,

You have a retrograde natal mercury. I've read some astrology sites that say during a mercury retrograde those with their natal mercury in this motion actually benefit from it, instead of it negating their mercurial qualities.

V
No, you've mistaken.

I actually have a DIRECT natal Mercury. I don't know how you're seeing that, unless you're looking at the green text which shows you the CURRENT planetary positions.

*sigh* I guess this is the Mercury retrograde at work here... making people see things that aren't there, LOL.
Unread 01-27-2015, 09:43 AM

Sure you are not always "talkative"? Mercury is your Oriental planet (first reaction)

I would dare to say: Jupiter (expansion) Conj. to Sun (here I am) on 11H (social)

May your life be full of light.

Aragon
PS

My comments here are based only on a quick superficial analysis!
Unread 01-27-2015, 03:31 PM

As someone with natal Merc retrograde in the 12th, I can assure you that this position is overcome by the time one is an adult, by sheer necessity if nothing else. Before assuming that the current retrograde period is the cause of your new-found loquaciousness, perhaps see how you respond to future retrograde periods.
Unread 01-27-2015, 11:16 PM

Adding to whatnhas been said in my quick look i see that transitint mercury is actually making strong aspect to your sun, that is vey important...it is also making a sextile to your moon. Aspects to luminaries are vey important in astrology.
Unread 01-27-2015, 11:54 PM
Banned

hi dukemania

actually your current urges have nothing to do with mercury, your lower mind, it has to do with your moon/Jupiter opposition
your moon at 12libra45 was transited by the south node on 1/18/15 and was in orb since 1/10/15.
your Jupiter is at 10libra48 and the north node will transit it on 2/16/15.

moon(public) opposed to Jupiter(higher mind) explains your passion for communication. as Jupiter is engaged, it indicates that your texts are about larger social issues rather that personal idiosyncratic thoughts as would be the case with mercury.

you might scan this thread to get a better understanding of the esoteric nature of the nodal axis

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum...ad.php?t=63539

rahu

Tags
feel, mercury, retrograde, talkative