Sorry I know this has been done to death! Need help :)

So I'm going through a real self confidence issue and a little depressed on the relationship front, I came out of a long ten year one of which I'm feeling much better about but I feel my love life is really pants and I'm not sure where I'm heading!

So I asked " Do I already know my future partner " The reason for asking as I have a few interests (although I'm not sure about them.. yes them but nothing more than good friends at the moment). So if I don't know this person it will be someone new coming into my life, which would be exciting.. either way.

So this is my chart
2uelhsy.gif

Now my interpretation is this.

I'm Mars in 11th and the possible 'lover' is venus in 8th (eeek) now moon is via combust (isn't it) I know this is a really awful position, but with it being in libra, could it be showing my anxieties and upset about relationships? and with being in the 11th meaning my hopes?

Now I'm unsure on Mars's significance other than it trining venus, but venus being in the 8th house confuses me as I'm not in a relationship with whom ever it is (but I know him if I'm trining?) and his sun is square my moon meaning that person hasn't developed those feelings for me or it will be awhile before they do? As he is in 8th I can only think that this person is in a realtionship, hes aspecting uranus (divorce, seperation) in the 5th house, so is the suggesting he's considering splitting with his romantic interest? His sun is aspecting Saturn in the first but is retrograde, could saturn be this persons lover? but it will go direct in a couple of weeks.

Mercury is also trining mars and my moon, but I'm unsure of the significance, I probably have this all wrong but it seems I do know the person? Or am I entirely wrong? If so please help me get it right!

I know having saturn in the first isn't good either, so maybe it means I don't know the person at all?

Thanks for reading!

melleoscorp

Account Closed
I will just go with your question, Do I already know my future partner.
I found a No.
Venus applying to Mars (you)
You do not already know your future partner, but you will

Last edited:
Wow I really got that wrong!

Why does venus applying mean I don't know that person? And I will know them? Am I able to work out timings or this person I'm going to know?

I really do need to go back to basics and learn this properly! Thank you both very much for your reply

melleoscorp

Account Closed
Wow I really got that wrong!

Why does venus applying mean I don't know that person? And I will know them? Am I able to work out timings or this person I'm going to know?

I really do need to go back to basics and learn this properly! Thank you both very much for your reply

I'm just using the basics I remember, so there is every chance I also got it wrong or missed something.
separating aspect is something that happened in the past.
applying aspect is something that will happen.
You are Mars. Venus is your 7th (partner).
Moon (your co sig) separating Venus (your 7th) that's the past relationship you had
Mars (your 5th) is in your 11th, as you said: a few 'romantic interests' but just friends for now
Venus applying trine Mars. you did not already know your partner, but the applying shows you will.
for timing I'd give it 6 (either wks or mths). it's cardinal moon but succeedent (not that fast)
Seeing that Venus (also your 11th) is in Mercury's dignity - himself dignified (and Moon applying trine to) -you may actually meet through friends/groups

anyway like I said I could be wrong too, you can read the online tutorials and try interpret the chart after reading them:
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8576

Last edited:
Stick with the simple question: Do you already know him?

You are the asc, Scorpio, [traditional] ruler Mars. Your future partner is 7th house, which is Taurus = Venus. Applying planets answer questions, not those separating. Venus trine to Mars means yes. The Moon's being an even closer trine, is an affirmation of Yes.

Okay so applying means yes I do know him? Or I will know him? Confused! As they are not seperating aspects it means someone in my present now but it will come to light in the near future?

Thank you everyone for your input :)

tikana

incoming aspects- future
passed aspects - already happened

venus has not trined mars just yet so no you haven't met him

How do I tell the difference between incoming and passing aspects please?

Thank you :)

Thank you to others who have responded, and by such corrected me. Back to the book:

The planets, in order of speed, are: Moon, Mercury, Venus, Sun, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto.

Planets trine or sextile each other = yes; squares and oppositions = no, but only if "applying," in both cases. "Separating" means the action has already occurred. No aspect = not applicable. The Moon, if not a ruler w/i the query, is used to confirm or verify the answer, but does not supersede the answer. "If, however, it is making difficult aspects to both planets, the reply would be negative."

To find an "Applying" or "incoming" aspect, note which planet is faster. For example, Venus is faster than Mars. So if Venus is at 15 degrees and Mars is 18, then we know Venus will catch up and become 18 degrees, also, so it is "applying." On the other hand, if Mars is at 18 degrees and Venus is at 19, Venus has past the degree of Mars, and so, is "separating" or "passing." Orbs do not exist, and can be from 0 to 29 degrees. "An aspect continues until either planet exits from its current sign. Orbs can be used to decide timing issues..." [both quotes from: The Only Way to Learn About Horary and Electional Astrology, by March & McEvers, pg 8] Orbs can be used for timing.

hermetic

It's just as simple to look at the grid below astro.com chart or additional tables to see whether an aspect is marked a(applying) or s(separating) because although there is a normal order of planetary speed, some can slow down significantly before or after going retrograde, so for example a Venus can be slower than Mars and Mars can still apply to Venus even if Venus is on a higher degree, as in above example.

But does this person being in the 8th house signify anything? As I didn't think that was a good position?

Not bad, since he is in his 2nd house so it might only be he is very focused on material stuff, but also in dual sign it may mean he is involved with someone when you meet him.

Although I still believe this chart should not be read into because of Saturn on asc, with this position usually the answer is not right.

Last edited:

melleoscorp

Account Closed
Okay so applying means yes I do know him? Or I will know him? Confused! As they are not seperating aspects it means someone in my present now but it will come to light in the near future? Thank you everyone for your input

Moon separating Venus (your 7th) , that's the past relationship you came out of
Moon is via combusta , that's how you currently feel, a little depressed on the relationship. Via combusta can show illness
According to Sue Ward, Moon via Combusta or Saturn in the 1st is a warning that chart reader may have to give negative answer, and I did say a No. It's still your choice which interpretation you will accept. You can also create another chart, but give yourself time to contemplate the question thoroughly.

tikana

incoming is
when a faster planet is applying to slower one
Saturn – 2 minutes 1 second
Jupiter – 4 minutes 52 seconds
Mars – 37 minutes
Sun – 59 minutes 8 seconds
Venus – 59 minutes 8 seconds
Mercury – 59 minutes 8 seconds
Moon – 13 degrees, 10 minutes, 36 seconds

watch out for Merc and Venus because Venus may move faster IF Mercury is going retro or slowing down for retro or about to go direct

sun will always more fast because sun does not go retro.

so check against ephemeris.

with TOL .. 2 planets ABSOLUTEly must be separating before TOL planet does not become an interference

lets say recent example

(L7) Venus and Mars (L1) are about to trine.. recently Moon aspected Venus then moved to Mars. This is NOT TOL because moon became an interference when Moon applied to Mars after Leaving venus.

outgoing is when

faster planet already made an aspect to the slower planet and moving away

once Mars trines Venus.. and moon aspects venus and mars right in the middle then it is TOL!

so watch the speed of planets .. it is not all straight cut

incoming is
when a faster planet is applying to slower one
Saturn – 2 minutes 1 second
Jupiter – 4 minutes 52 seconds
Mars – 37 minutes
Sun – 59 minutes 8 seconds
Venus – 59 minutes 8 seconds
Mercury – 59 minutes 8 seconds
Moon – 13 degrees, 10 minutes, 36 seconds

watch out for Merc and Venus because Venus may move faster IF Mercury is going retro or slowing down for retro or about to go direct

sun will always more fast because sun does not go retro.

so check against ephemeris.

with TOL .. 2 planets ABSOLUTEly must be separating before TOL planet does not become an interference

lets say recent example

(L7) Venus and Mars (L1) are about to trine.. recently Moon aspected Venus then moved to Mars. This is NOT TOL because moon became an interference when Moon applied to Mars after Leaving venus.

outgoing is when

faster planet already made an aspect to the slower planet and moving away

once Mars trines Venus.. and moon aspects venus and mars right in the middle then it is TOL!

so watch the speed of planets .. it is not all straight cut

So the Moon TOL when faster planet is ahead of the slower at the time of the question?

tikana

uh huh

like merc 15 sag
and mars is 12 leo

moon is 14 aries

merc is passing mars but moon comes in and says Merc, hold on!
moon holds mars in her dignity which makes her TOL planet.

makes sense?

IleneK

Premium Member
Planets trine or sextile each other = yes; squares and oppositions = no, but only if "applying," in both cases. "Separating" means the action has already occurred. No aspect = not applicable. The Moon, if not a ruler w/i the query, is used to confirm or verify the answer, but does not supersede the answer. "If, however, it is making difficult aspects to both planets, the reply would be negative."
[...quotes from: The Only Way to Learn About Horary and Electional Astrology, by March & McEvers, pg 8] Orbs can be used for timing.

March & McEvers was the first horary book I referred to a long time ago. While I know they had a large and satisfied clientele, I can tell you that they did not practice traditional horary. The aspects are not interpreted in such a black and white way, and their interpretation, as to yes or no, is dependent upon the nature of the question and how it is stated [ie. like is it in the affirmative or negative].

Just a passing comment.

tikana

actually you are a bit off

If there is a strong major reception between planets .. squares work.. difficult but it is manageable

opposition incoming with MR - parties will come together but will separate
opposition incoming without MR / strong reception - nothing will come of it

IleneK

Premium Member
March & McEvers was the first horary book I referred to a long time ago. While I know they had a large and satisfied clientele, I can tell you that they did not practice traditional horary.

The aspects are not interpreted in such a black and white way, and their interpretation, as to yes or no, is dependent upon the nature of the question and how it is stated [ie. like is it in the affirmative or negative]

....and on reception between the significators, per Tikana's helpful post above.