Will things work between them?

iwonder

There a person I know and care about very much. Recently his ex approached him to see if they could try to get back together. They have a child whom he loves dearly, and with his natal Sun being in Cancer (family is super important), he is willing to give it a chance, even if only to find out there is no chance.

Aside from all the drama (I won't go into the details, but I think this decision is self destructive, at the moment he had someone else in his life with whom he had to part, and it still hurts. He does not love his ex and wants to try it more out of a duty to his son), I am curious if it is going to work between them.

So I made this chart "Will things (relationship) work between them?"

Asc is a bit early, but we can still see where it may be heading, right?

THEY are the 1st (Jupiter), and their relationship is the 7th (Mercury).

The reading I get is NO.

Mercury is in the 1st, but is in fall. Jupiter is rx, which is also not very good, I think. Significators do not make an aspect, there is no transfer of light or reception. Even though they are moving toward each other, they make aspects with other planets on the way. Before leaving their respective signs, they both will change directions: Mercury will turn rx at 21 degree Sag, and later Jupiter will turn direct in 1st degree Taurus. They will "turn away" from each other.

Mars is about to perfect a trine with Jupiter. Mars rules their 5th, which can be either romance or kids. I know there is little romance now, at least on his part. So I am not sure what this aspect may mean.

Moon, their co-significator, is in the 8th = loss, it is about to hit square with strong Saturn and trine with ominous Sun (Scorpio + 12th house).

POF in the 8th is also an indication of a negative answer.

What do you all think? Honestly, I am wishing for them to discover their mistake asap, before they can cause each other too much pain and ruin the civil relationship that has existed between them after their divorce. But maybe I am not seeing something in the chart because of that.

Edit: I made the chart in Placidus, but houses are the same in Regiomontanus. In Equal, Jupiter ends up in the 6th, which I think is even worse placement.

Attachments

• wtw.jpg
    wtw.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

misskitty

Did he ask you to create this chart? The reason I ask is because it is a cardinal rule in horary that you cannot ask a question to spy on others. You either have to have a direct stake in the outcome (and just being a friend unfortunately isn't enough) or the person has to ask you to do a horary on their behalf. Otherwise it counts as idle curiosity and the astrologer(s) has the moral obligation to disregard the question.

iwonder

So I can't ask about other people? How about children, parents?

Well, I think I have a stake. It is me who he had to part with. But the question is about them. Can I still ask?

misskitty

You are not supposed to ask about people if you are just curious. With your parents, your children, etc... you would have a stake in that because they are your relatives and their health/well-being will directly affect you. But asking about a friend or ex that you are just curious about and don't have a stake in the outcome isn't viewed as ethical. If he is your ex, then what are you actually wondering-- if he will leave her and come back to you? In that case, you can ask, because you are placing yourself in the chart (you would be Jupiter and he would be mercury). As it stands, you are asking about someone else's situation without their permission so, no, that isn't considered ethical and shouldn't be asked.

>> at the moment he had someone else in his life with whom he had to part,<<

Also you declined to mention in your description that you were the one whom he left, and that is deceptive. As horary astrologers, even as amateur ones, we have to have the full story and you have to be as up front as possible about the situation. Your original question is misleading.

Last edited:

iwonder

Your original question is misleading.

Maybe the way I put it here was misleading because no, I was not willing to tell the whole story, but only see if it was a yes or a no chart. The way it formed in my head was very clear. Never heard of the rule, though. But ok, I got the idea.

dr. farr

You want just a simple yes or no answer? Then the non-horary Magic 8 Ball divination might be the way to go:

-by the 8 Ball divination, their relationship = the 7th whole sign house
-this is Gemini and it posits the SN
-therefore, according to the 8 Ball divination "rules", the answer to the question is "no", ultimately things won't work between them.

Remember, though, that the Magic 8 Ball method is not horary (its a type of astro-divination; Horary is much more than that) Regarding Horary (rather than yes/no divination), what MissKitty has posted above is good advice to think about...