Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Horary Astrology > Career-related Horary Questions

Career-related Horary Questions For horary questions related to career, jobs, vocational issues.

Unread 05-25-2020, 11:01 AM

Re: Job application

Please see page 8 of Guido Bonatti's Liber Astronomiae, Part 4 & On Horary, Part 1 trans Robert Hand, for a very interesting example.
Sun: 14 degrees Gemini
Jupiter: 15 degrees Sagittarius
Saturn: 18 degrees Aries

Al Biruni explained that in a collection, if the planets being collected are in aspect with each other, this aspect is replaced by the collection.

Deb Houlding also said:
https://www.skyscript.co.uk/gl/collection.html

Also see Barbara Dunn, Horary Astrology Re-examined P.332 & 473-474. She considered it collection of light in any case. It doesn't matter whether the planets being collected are in aspect or out of aspect with each other.

Amelia

Last edited by ameliaastrology; 05-25-2020 at 01:27 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ameliaastrology For This Useful Post:
kalinka (05-25-2020)
Unread 05-25-2020, 01:31 PM

Thanks I didn't studied Bonatti's or Holding's view about Col or Tol. But I'm sure that Lilly's definition is different. When he wrote:"when as the two principal significators do not behold one another,..."he meant, that they aren't within orb of a conjunction or aspect. Hence for this chart it doesn't apply because Mars and Moon are within orb of a sextile. Morover he wrote:" and they both receive him in some of their essential dignities..", i.e. Jupiter must be in one of the dignities of Mars and Moon. Jupiter is at 23,15 Degree in Sagittarius. Hence neither in any dignity of Mars nor Moon. Bonatti gave the same rule (the collector must occupy a dignity of both significators). Frawley's definition of col is similar to Lilly's but his view on receptions is different. Also he mentioned that it's more important that the 2 significators have receptions to each other than reception to the collector.However overall the receptions between the 3 planets have to make sense in the context.
I know that this topic is always difficult and everyone has maybe another view on it. That's why I'm glad for your hint of Bonatti's definition.

Last edited by kalinka; 05-25-2020 at 01:55 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to kalinka For This Useful Post:
ameliaastrology (05-25-2020)
Unread 05-25-2020, 01:58 PM

Thank you. I always had doubts, though, if Lilly meant that as a pre-requisite. But I appreciate your view.

I guess someday I would look at all Lilly's charts just to see if I could come up with anything meaningful for this discussion.

(At least for translation of light, Lilly provided two conflicting definitions. One required reception, the other didn't. See his demonstration on P111.)

I edited the post to add some more references in case somebody searches for the topic. One modern i.e. Barbara Dunn and one ancient Al Biruni (973-1050).

Last edited by ameliaastrology; 05-25-2020 at 02:20 PM.
Unread 05-25-2020, 04:16 PM

Just a side note to point out that Bonatti, like Lilly, could be quite unreliable when it comes to adhering to his own rules of dignity and reception. In the example above, Saturn is in fall, but Bonatti said that all planets had to be in some essential dignity for a collection to happen.

Also, according to this same Bonatti, trine and conjunction didn't require reception to perfect.

Even sextile, without reception, could perfect if the significator worked hard.

So one wonders why in collection, suddenly we need all the dignity and reception.

So I think how important reception is, would remain a matter of opinion. Deb Houlding for example thinks that a collection doesn't require reception. Of course, as said, it's her opinion (though she's a very experienced astrologer).

Amelia

Last edited by ameliaastrology; 05-25-2020 at 09:52 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ameliaastrology For This Useful Post:
kalinka (05-26-2020)
Unread 05-26-2020, 09:42 AM

A very kind (and deeply knowledgeable) friend pointed out to me that, in this thread, the Querent's intention was indeed to know whether she would hear from the company again. I did see the discussion, but in the heat of the moment I overlooked it. I took the question written on the chart - thinking this one was the initiate question when the chart was cast - and jumped in. My friend said this wasn't the way to do a consultation. And on second thought, my friend was right. So, Apologies to eekndyn for my insensitivity.

Since the intention was formulated that way, collection of light is entirely out of the question. My friend said "we have moon aspecting jupiter, that's it, so simple". And I agree.

All the best to eekndyn.

Amelia
Unread 05-26-2020, 10:04 AM

I think her question included if she'll get the job because it is the title of the chart.You see it when u open it. So her question in mind when she casted the chart was: Will I get the job? But then she described the question a bit cumbersome, which leads to confusions.
Unread 05-26-2020, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalinka View Post
I think her question included if she'll get the job because it is the title of the chart.You see it when u open it. So her question in mind when she casted the chart was: Will I get the job? But then she described the question a bit cumbersome, which leads to confusions.
Thank you for looking at this chart. I wish this job would of worked out. I did get hired, I had to call in on my first day and was never comfortable afterwards.

I am working on my communication. Its a fault. I know what I am trying to say, it just never comes out as intended or I have a mouthful. Learning less it more.

Tags
application