Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology

Other Astrology Here, you can discuss anything else astrological that doesn't belong in the other boards. Includes medical astrology, mundane astrology, parts, sports astrology, research and development, degree symbols, fixed stars, asteroids, symbols systems, karma, and Aquarian astrology.

Unread 05-22-2020, 10:19 PM

Smile Re: A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

Peto, why the long hiatus between the First and Second appearances of the Savior?

Unread 05-22-2020, 10:20 PM

Re: A Voyage of Discovery: Astrological Ages for the Tropical Zodiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
They literally applied their own Christian Agey spin.
Suppose that the story is a fable of the Egyptian priests of the sun god. Or that it is an allegory of the Sun. Now, it is obvious, that the Sun that rises again every day is the same Sun, just as the phoenix in the story, and the righteous in the Bible, and that this refers to a body and not a spirit.

The Sun itself is a symbol of the Messiah and his resurrection - ''And risen to you, ye who fear my name, hath the sun of righteousness - and healing in its wings, and ye have gone forth, and have increased as calves of a stall''.
Unread 05-22-2020, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Peto, why the long hiatus between the First and Second appearances of the Savior?
So that what was said by the prophets and the Saviour and the apostles concerning the belief in creation, the temporary hardening of Israel, the increasing iniquity in the last days etc. might come to pass.

''This is now the second letter that I am writing to you, beloved. In both of them I am stirring up your sincere mind by way of reminder, that you should remember the predictions of the holy prophets and the commandment of the Lord and Savior through your apostles, knowing this first of all, that scoffers will come in the last days with scoffing, following their own sinful desires. They will say, “Where is the promise of his coming? For ever since the fathers fell asleep, all things are continuing as they were from the beginning of creation.” For they deliberately overlook this fact, that the heavens existed long ago, and the earth was formed out of water and through water by the word of God, and that by means of these the world that then existed was deluged with water and perished. But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.

But do not overlook this one fact, beloved, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance. But the day of the Lord will come like a thief, and then the heavens will pass away with a roar, and the heavenly bodies will be burned up and dissolved, and the earth and the works that are done on it will be exposed.
'' - 2 Pet. 3 ESV
Unread 05-23-2020, 03:17 AM

This is about tropical astrological Ages, and what occurred within their time periods.
The Age of the Greek Centaur () manifested the Hellenistic culture, from beginning to end. The "Church Age", as it's called, conforms to the Age of the Scapegoat (), beginning around 400 A.D.

The tropical Age of the Egyptian Phoenix () manifested the First Dynasty of Ancient Egypt right at the beginning, c.3100 B.C.E. So, I associate the Egyptian Phoenix with the astrological Sign of that Age, during which death and renewal were a major theme.
Unread 05-23-2020, 05:18 AM

Quote:
This is about tropical astrological Ages, and what occurred within their time periods.
The Age of the Greek Centaur () manifested the Hellenistic culture, from beginning to end. The "Church Age", as it's called, conforms to the Age of the Scapegoat (), beginning around 400 A.D.

The tropical Age of the Egyptian Phoenix () manifested the First Dynasty of Ancient Egypt right at the beginning, c.3100 B.C.E. So, I associate the Egyptian Phoenix with the astrological Sign of that Age, during which death and renewal were a major theme.
How do you know that the beginning of the first dynasty was c. 3100 BC?
Unread 05-23-2020, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petosiris View Post
How do you know that the beginning of the first dynasty was c. 3100 BC?
So I've read in history books.
Unread 05-23-2020, 05:50 AM

Quote:
So I've read in history books.
Based on what?
Unread 05-23-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Based on what?
A consensus among historians. What's your timeline for the 1st Dynasty?

Another thing--many believe the Hindu Kali Yuga started at about 3100 B.C.E. Interesting coincidence.
Unread 05-23-2020, 06:18 PM

Quote:
A consensus among historians. What's your timeline for the 1st Dynasty?

Another thing--many believe the Hindu Kali Yuga started at about 3100 B.C.E. Interesting coincidence.
I want to see on what basis is this consensus built on. 32nd century BC is 10 centuries too early from the global flood described in the book of Genesis.

Doesn't the final age reduce average human lifespan from about 1000 to about 100 years? That is an interesting coincidence.
Unread 05-23-2020, 06:47 PM

Quote:
I want to see on what basis is this consensus built on. 32nd century BC is 10 centuries too early from the global flood described in the book of Genesis.

Doesn't the final age reduce average human lifespan from about 1000 to about 100 years? That is an interesting coincidence.
Local flooding happens on a regular basis. This isn't the final Age. Aquarian Age is up next.
Unread 05-23-2020, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Local flooding happens on a regular basis. This isn't the final Age. Aquarian Age is up next.
Every nation under the Sun has belief in a past global flood.
Unread 05-23-2020, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Every nation under the Sun has belief in a past global flood.
A far distant past. The Age-cycle I'm describing astrologically is within the limits of recorded history since the more recent invention of writing, c.3500-3200 B.C.E.
Unread 05-23-2020, 07:23 PM

Quote:
A far distant past. The Age-cycle I'm describing astrologically is within the limits of recorded history since the more recent invention of writing, c.3500-3200 B.C.E.
Some of them actually assume a so-called young earth like the Chinese, others - so-called old earth like the Indians. This happened after the Logos of God came down from heaven and mingled the pronunciations of the nations - Gen. 11:7.

Again friend, on what basis do you say that writing was invented c. 3500 BC?
Unread 05-23-2020, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Some of them actually assume a so-called young earth like the Chinese, others - so-called old earth like the Indians. This happened after the Logos of God came down from heaven and mingled the pronunciations of the nations - Gen. 11:7.

Again friend, on what basis do you say that writing was invented c. 3500 BC?
Historians and archeologists. All you have is religious belief in a book written in relatively recent times, with no hard evidence.
The Aquarian Age will bring clarity. For now, we're all living in a Dark Age.
Unread 05-23-2020, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Historians and archeologists. All you have is religious belief in a book written in relatively recent times, with no hard evidence.
The Aquarian Age will bring clarity. For now, we're all living in a Dark Age.
I am asking you for the third time what is the hard evidence that recent historians and archeologists use to assign these dates in contradiction to the book written 3500 years before them.
Unread 05-23-2020, 07:46 PM

Quote:
I am asking you for the third time what is the hard evidence that recent historians and archeologists use to assign these dates in contradiction to the book written 3500 years before them.
It was written more than 2000 years later than cuneiform writing is known to have existed.
Unread 05-23-2020, 07:49 PM

Archeological is an interesting subject. Are you discounting it as a real record of human history?
Unread 05-23-2020, 07:58 PM

Quote:
It was written more than 2000 years later than cuneiform writing is known to have existed.
How do we know?
Unread 05-23-2020, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Archeological is an interesting subject. Are you discounting it as a real record of human history?
I haven't discounted anything. I just asked you a question which you haven't answered yet.
Unread 05-23-2020, 08:09 PM

Quote:
I haven't discounted anything. I just asked you a question which you haven't answered yet.
What are the perimeters that you would accept as proof? What are the limits that you set?

Are we are limited to the Bible?
The Following User Says Thank You to Opal For This Useful Post:
david starling (05-23-2020)
Unread 05-23-2020, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
What are the perimeters that you would accept as proof? What are the limits that you set?

Are we are limited to the Bible?
I am not sure exactly, but it must be something better than ''consensus amongst historians says''.

I am not limited to the Bible, because of my belief, but because of its truth, that is why I believe in it.
Unread 05-24-2020, 01:11 AM

Quote:
I am not sure exactly, but it must be something better than ''consensus amongst historians says''.

I am not limited to the Bible, because of my belief, but because of its truth, that is why I believe in it.
That is too indefinite.

You want to have it explained, if we are to take the time, you are responsible for defining the perimeters of your acceptance.
Unread 05-24-2020, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opal View Post
That is too indefinite.

You want to have it explained, if we are to take the time, you are responsible for defining the perimeters of your acceptance.
If I was familiar with all the evidence, I would have already made my mind either way. David says there is hard evidence that the First Egyptian Dynasty began c. 3100 BC and that writing was invented hundreds of years before that. I am asking what is the evidence.
Unread 05-24-2020, 02:05 AM

For example, the reigns of Xerxes and Artaxerxes can be fixed in a somewhat harder way using the cuneiform tablets that contain astronomical data. A person who follows another historical chronology due to the writings of Thucydides or the Talmud is going to have a hard time arguing against fixed positions in the respective years of their reign. But nothing remotely similar exists for the early Egyptian dynasties. It is absurd to declare hardness from what is soft evidence.
Unread 05-24-2020, 04:01 AM

Looks like 3100 B.C.E.(+/-100 years) is based on radiocarbon dating of the Palermo Stone, in addition to archaeological evidence. It's a 5th Dynasty listing of kings and queens beginning with the First Dynasty.

Tags
ages, astrological, discovery, tropical, voyage, zodiac