Why I am a lesbian?

Bette

Hi guys, that's my chart. I'm 21+ years old, never had a boyfriend or relationship. I like women all the time. They are very sexual attractive to me & I'm feeling romantic with them. I'm also in love with one older woman since I was 17, it's kind of one-sided love. I'm struggling with that, cause I want normal family and kids one day, but I don't like men, I wish to like, but I'm feeling such a man inside and thinking such a man. Although I'm very feminine & gentle in appearance.I need to be the lead in the relationship, I need to initiate the steps, I'm feeling that I need to impress, I need to take cares and spoil, I need to make romantic surprises, I need to make an other woman happy, not a man me. When a man flirts with me, I'm feeling so confused and bothered like he takes my role. I'm wondering is that because of the something in the chart? I'm curious to know the indications if I am born this way and is it going to be like that the whole life.
https://ibb.co/CtLbrLS

Last edited by a moderator:

wilsontc

Staff member
Warning: Controversial subject

Moderator note: This subject is often the source of controversy and anger in discussions. To help lessen the likelihood of this thread going out of control and forcing strong moderation, please be especially careful to follow the Forum rules for behavior in all postings on this thread:
Your participation on this forum is allowed and welcomed as long as you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, harmful to young people, hateful, racist, deliberately offensive, homophobic, threatening, defamatory, damaging, or otherwise violative of any laws. Respect of other members is expected at all times. No talking down to, being rude, dismissing of people, trying to shut someone down if they don't agree, or passive aggressively drawing people out to respond negatively.

Also, please post something astrological. Non-astrological posts will be removed.

Hkk

Account Closed
I read somewhere and also somewhere on this thread that mercury plays a big part in lesbians or women liking women. I read lesbians are from mercury and gays are from Uranus.

You’re a Virgo rising and Pisces sun which has mercury there too. Mercury ruled chart. Others may be able to add more but it was something that stood out to me looking at your chart.

Monk

Premium Member
Hi Bette,
I would look up the house placements and signs of planets and dwarf planets on the net:-
Your Sun is conjunct the Desc. in Piscis, your Moon is in Cancer, your Venus is in Aries.
Ceres in tenth house in Gemini could give you a few pointers if you follow dwarf planets:-

https://cafeastrology.com/ceres.html

Osamenor

Staff member
Gender expression and sexual orientation are inborn traits. The question is how comfortable you are with yours. If you don't fit the mold, living your gender and sexual orientation is extra difficult and takes time to get comfortable with. Getting there can be a lifelong process.

In my experience, there may be things in a chart that correlate with queerness, but the same things also turn up in cis-het people's charts. I think what it is, is, if you're a lesbian, that's your way of manifesting those placements.

Prominent placement of Mercury and/or Uranus is one of those factors. I've also noticed that LGBTQ people's charts seem to have eighth house placements more often than not and more often than average. Mercury and Uranus are the gender bending planets, and eighth house is the house of taboos. Also of sexuality. Having a different sexuality from the norm is one way that could manifest.

Venus and Mars correlate with how you live your own femininity (Venus) and masculinity (Mars). Some people carry especially strong feminine or masculine energy. Some people manifest both about equally. It sounds like you're someone who carries both.

Your Venus is in the very masculine, Mars-ruled sign of Aries: the receptive principle (Venus) manifesting as action (Aries), while your Mars is in its other domicile, Scorpio, which, being a water sign, is considered feminine. Both planets seem to have a very strong message in your chart, and it's weighted in favor of Mars expression.

waybread

Bette, I don't think we can get sexual orientation off a birth chart.

To put your question differently, we wouldn't know what to make of a question like, "I am heterosexual. How do you explain that?"

Supposedly there are some horoscope signatures for same-sex orientation, but some gay people do not have them and some straight people do.

To me, Venus in Aries suggests the "woman warrior" archetype, but not sexual orientation. Many straight women have this placement.

With your moon in Cancer, you have a very strong feeling nature.

I hope you can just be who you want to be.

I don't know if you ever saw the old cult classic movie Harold and Maude, re: an unconventional romance between an old woman and teenage boy. It has a great song, written by Cat Stevens. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN4JHP28s4U

Best wishes for your journey.

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

There are many cases and studies of Venus in Aries, esp. in the MC or 10th house. I happen to have that alignment along with Cancer ascendant, as well Aquarius sun and moon in 8th. I identify as both male and female (bio male and hetero), but genderfluidity might make the hetero label not applicable to identify myself. My Mercury is in Pisces-9th and Uranus is in Scorpio-5th that squares my sun and moon. And there's a lot of feminine energy with Ceres and Eris conjunct Venus and my Mars-Jupiter-Saturn-Lilith stellium in Virgo-3rd.

DarkLover

Hi guys, that's my chart. I'm 21+ years old, never had a boyfriend or relationship. I like women all the time. They are very sexual attractive to me & I'm feeling romantic with them. I'm also in love with one older woman since I was 17, it's kind of one-sided love. I'm struggling with that, cause I want normal family and kids one day, but I don't like men, I wish to like, but I'm feeling such a man inside and thinking such a man. Although I'm very feminine & gentle in appearance.I need to be the lead in the relationship, I need to initiate the steps, I'm feeling that I need to impress, I need to take cares and spoil, I need to make romantic surprises, I need to make an other woman happy, not a man me. When a man flirts with me, I'm feeling so confused and bothered like he takes my role. I'm wondering is that because of the something in the chart? I'm curious to know the indications if I am born this way and is it going to be like that the whole life.

I am new to astrology as far as never getting very in depth with it so forgive me if I don't know that much or give a bad interpretation.

I have heard that placement of Venus can make a big impact of this. I thought someone I knew who was into astrology told me Venus plays a big role in sexual orientation.

waybread

Venus rules romantic and erotic relationships. Venus is the principle of attraction: who attracts you, and whom you attract.

wan

I have read that Uranus aspecting Venus (for women) or Mars (for men) can give rise to homosexuality.

waybread

Some yes, some no. None of these signatures works all of the time.

The number of people with Venus aspecting Uranus in come fashion (conjunction, sextile, square, trine, opposition....) would be huge.

aquarius7000

Hi,

Any inborn trait, in fact proclivity to anything at all, can be seen in one's astrological chart. At different times in one's life, the same energy can be used for a completely different purpose and expressed differently. The energy of Venus and Mars, in the case of a 5-6 yr old child, could be used for drawing the Sun and Moon in a drawing book, or for physical training/ cycling. When the same child grows, in their teens, they might realise that as a girl, they prefer to dress as a boy. Their form of self-expression is now expressed differently.

Self expression in a chart is best seen, house wise, via the 1st (how I introduce myself to the world and how I want the world to perceive me) and 5th houses. In trad. Astrology, the 5th house is also connected with sex- as something that brings one pleasure. It is also connected to procreation, which is the outcome of sexual intercourse.

The planets that help one express themselves in that direction are Venus - how I relate to others, my likes (and dislikes); and Mars - the primeval, physical desires. Venus naturally is linked more with a woman (sex is an emotional expression of love for a woman) and Mars with a man (physical desire, planet of conquest/ the hunter). A woman feeling like a man could have fiery Mars - in Aries (where it is prone to self-assertion on a physical level, or a Sco Mars- that also is very prone to self assertion through, just more discreetly and calmly, but with equal amount of grit - these are some examples). Aspects to these planets are certainly important, as are the signs they are in. In that same woman's chart, if Venus is strongly placed, that would mean they will be able to emotionally express themselves via love and emotion, like the feminine side of things. If both Mars and Venus are strongly placed - we will need to see, which one is stronger and how each is aspected.

Similarly, if a strong Mars with Merc (in modern Astrology people will also consider Uranus) is placed in the 5th house - the person might like to 'experiment' on various levels. Of course we will also need to see what rules the 5th house. If it is Saturn in Cap (very conservative) and if it is in an aspect to Mars and let us say sits in the 1st house, it could be that person, for the sake of outwardly appearance/ standing, the person decides to keep their 'experiments' under wraps and, as a man, marry a woman (for the sake of society).

Zora

Account Closed
Why I am a lesbian?
I like women all the time.
I'm curious to know the indications if I am born this way and is it going to be like that the whole life.

attachment.php

Hello Bette,

you are still quite young - and from your chart I would not say that you will be it your whole life long. As indications from your chart are not that clear determined- to me.

House of sexuality to me is 5th house. 5th is ruled by saturn - but saturn is on 29 degrees aries nearly zero degree taurus - between two signs - aries and venus in 9th house - like sitting between two chairs and two genders - mars/male -more close to you - female/venus not yet close to you.

Venus is in male sign aries in genetic inheritance 8th house. And mars is in female sign scorpio - in a venus ruled 3rd house - physical appearance and outsending radiance - not clear presented either.

Neptune as ruler of genetic inheritance in 5th house/sexuality- in aquarius- and showing the part of your genetic inheritance, what is sexually unclear and of non-conventional standard (aquarius). And saturn as ruler of 5th house squares neptune as your 8th house ruler - showing the more male present ancestor line and family of your father.

5th house is also father to me - father as a first male model role - a woman looks for in a partner, model role how to act in life and find your own direction and self-identifiction with - and father experience in childhood.

To me it looks like that your own gender irritation is kind due to or connected with your own father experience in childhood and that your father wasn't much accepted and respected in your family - because of being seen as too different from the others.

Was your father from another country and culture and faith ?

Attachments

• 1 Lesbian.jpg
    1 Lesbian.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

waybread

I don't think there's evidence that a same-sex orientation is due to a woman's relationship with her father. Too often, girls look for someone like Dad, even if Dad was abusive, because somehow that kind of relationship just feels accustomed to her.

Some people are bi-sexual, in which case whether they are attracted to a man or a woman would depend more upon the other individual.

Basically female signs are the earth and water signs. Male signs are the fire and air signs. But then we have female Scorpio ruled by manly Mars, masculine Libra ruled by Venus, with Mercury and Jupiter ruling one of each type. It's hard to make much of this.

Cypocryphy

For what it's worth, I will chime in here, and for once, share something I have learned.

I have met many people in my life so far, and some of those people have been homosexual, from close family members to great friends. And in that respect, the being homosexual in love and feelings is one that is expressed differently for many. The reason why it is so hard to identify is due to everyone being a little homosexual because (1) we are animals, and in the animal kingdom, there are many instances of deviancies and (2) we are spiritual beings first and foremost, and there is nothing such as sex, there is only omni-love. This is true.

Here's a prime example, something I discussed with a psychiatrist friend. So, if you are a boy, a young boy, and there's a popular guy at school, there is often a desire to be friends with this popular guy. On the face of it, it is unremarkable and normal as people are gravitated to people that seem valued in society. However, at the same time, there is an element of homosexuality in such behavior because there is an "attraction" to another male. It's so low on the spectrum that it is never given any meaning because it rarely if ever leads to feelings of love or anything like that. (I'm not saying that THAT is de facto a boy acting homosexually, but it does fall on the spectrum.) Also, during puberty, many things happen, depending on a child's hormones. I remember hearing stories of a guy with whom I played music, and at the time, these stories disturbed me. Made me see him differently because I was young, because he was in the closet and abusive to other younger men. It was just bad, actually. It wasn't until I got older did I realize that these events were not novel. Take for example prisons. State and federal prisons in the U.S. Straight men go into prison and then grow toward behaving homosexually in there. I never knew how common it was until I was older.

Women, on the other hand, tend to have a strangely fluid nature to their sexuality. You will often hear that women who are heterosexual in youth become homosexual in their later years, or vice versa. Or you hear stories of experimentation in their younger years, much more often than men. In fact, men tend to be more hardwired in their sexuality, unless put into some exceptional situation, for example in prison where there are no women.

The point I'm trying to make is that sexuality has a fluidity to it, and because of this fluidity, it is hard—very hard—to identify in a natal chart. Indeed, there are examples of plenty of individuals who are heterosexual, through and through, just as there are those who always knew that they expressed love and sexuality homosexually.

Now, with that being said, I will tell you what I have noticed as possible indicators for homosexuality, and bear in mind that there is not one marker but patterns, systems. Also, there are many reasons for various sexual behavior, some of which I won't get into, but I will just say that it has nothing to do with the person but with influences to which the person is subjected.

Here are the bare bone, most rudimentary markers that you will find in charts of people who are filomofylía:

There will be either one or both of these aspects to :mercury:
• There is an aspect from :uranus: to :mercury:, usually a :square: or :opposition: but not always.
• There is an aspect from :neptune: to :mercury:.
• There is an aspect to :mercury: from both :uranus: and :neptune: (frequently)
• And when :uranus: or :neptune: does not directly aspect :mercury:, either will do so by means of a complex.
There will also be aspects of :jupiter: to :venus: in some form:
:jupiter: :conjunct: :venus:
:jupiter: :square: :venus:
:jupiter: :trine: :venus:
Also, there will almost always be an excess of negative polarities in the chart.

Here are some charts that demonstrate this:

See e.g., Elton John, Freddie Mercury, Robert Reed, Boy George, Elen Degeneres, Report Everett, Liberace, Richard Chamberlain, Tony Perkins, Nathan Lane, Ru Paul, Ian Mcellan, Harvey Milk, Georgio Armani, Alan Cumming, Rosie O'Donell and last but not least, Bette's chart.

Last edited: