Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!


Reply
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #126  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:40 AM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,145
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Having an income is wealth. This is the part which seems to be hard to grasp for you.
It really depends on what the definition of wealth is. Yes, when someone works, he puts his paycheck into his bank account. So right there, he has wealth. However, if he immediately spends this money, and now the account balances read zero, then to me, there is now no wealth.

Show me your definition of wealth.

Quote:
No wealth means having no money at all: unemployed - which is the case for plenty of men.

It is also reasonable to understand that unemployment is often times just temporary. Lot of guys get wives/gfs while employed. But it is unlikely they get together while unemployed. However unemployment is one of the largest reasons for divorce, which means it is determinating factor for relationships to last.
It determines whether relationships are successful, but it does not always determine whether women feel genuine attraction.
Quote:
Would you date a hot homeless guy?
Probably not, but I have known some women who do.

Reply With Quote
  #127  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:40 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,171
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Ok then tell me. What did the other person say? Post a link to me. I am dying to read it.
But you have read it.
That is how you found the post to begin with.

I'm basing myself on the extract you posted here. If there is more to it, then go ahead and post it. But you can't blame me for basing my opinion on the little fraction you posted here.

Is there more? Go ahead, post it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
I don't really care whether you think my example is bad or makes no sense. I will just keep a mental note to myself that you are only capable of dealing with examples, and that you are physiologically incapable of deciphering the message behind the examples.
Thats fine. But it still means you are wrong, because you haven't been able to prove your point beyond a failed and flawed example.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Are we talking about marriage, or are we talking about attraction? There is a difference. A lot of people marry despite having no real love or attraction for their partner.
And a lot of women sleep with men feeling no real attraction for them - just because they may at times want attention or companionship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Acknowledge what?

Lets try to keep things civil.
That you care about wealth - even if you don't realise it.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:43 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,198
Smile Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Having an income is wealth. This is the part which seems to be hard to grasp for you.

No wealth means having no money at all: unemployed - which is the case for plenty of men.

It is also reasonable to understand that unemployment is often times just temporary. Lot of guys get wives/gfs while employed. But it is unlikely they get together while unemployed. However unemployment is one of the largest reasons for divorce, which means it is determinating factor for relationships to last.

Would you date a hot homeless guy?
"Would you date a hot homeless guy? "
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:45 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,171
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
It really depends on what the definition of wealth is. Yes, when someone works, he puts his paycheck into his bank account. So right there, he has wealth. However, if he immediately spends this money, and now the account balances read zero, then to me, there is now no wealth.

Show me your definition of wealth.
If he spends his money, he gets something in return - either a good or service. Meaning he has something tangible. A homeless man with no income, has no good or service.

I forget from our previous discussion your understanding of econimics is pretty bad.

Wealth is any measure of valuable resources a person has: an income, money, real estate, posessions, etc. The phone in your pocket, the fridge fll of food is part of that wealth. They are resources you posses.

Some people have more wealth than others. Some people have no wealth. Most people have some wealth.

A man with no wealth at all is someone who has no resources.

A man with little or meager resources, its still wealthy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
It determines whether relationships are successful, but it does not always determine whether women feel genuine attraction.

Probably not, but I have known some women who do.
Not true.

A big component and turn on for women is succesful men. Some women don't even pay attention to a guy who does nothing for a living.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:46 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,171
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
"Would you date a hot homeless guy? "

I'm giving the guy at least one good attribute, so he can have at least some appeal. You can just make the question "would you date a homeless guy" if you prefer.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:47 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,198
Smile Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
When did I do that? You responded to my wealth post.
You specified "hot" in the post I responded to.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:47 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,171
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post

Probably not, but I have known some women who do.
Then you expect this person to have at least a minimal amount of wealth.

Period.

Your expectations might be low, but thats how it is.

You are attracted to some level of wealth and status. The lowest possible, but you are nonetheless.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:49 AM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,145
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
But you have read it.
That is how you found the post to begin with.

I'm basing myself on the extract you posted here. If there is more to it, then go ahead and post it. But you can't blame me for basing my opinion on the little fraction you posted here.

Is there more? Go ahead, post it.
Actually I think I know where the confusion is. The stuff you read in the OP in this thread was written by me. Not by someone else. It's fine that you read stuff I wrote here and see some sort of implication from it, but you can't tell me you knew what someone else who has never posted anything on this board was saying.

Quote:
Thats fine. But it still means you are wrong, because you haven't been able to prove your point beyond a failed and flawed example.
Lol, you have an overwhelming need to "prove" people "wrong".

Look, I really don't what you think of my example (or even me, by extension). You are incapable of deciphering people's main point, the message, from the examples that they gave. You just pick apart people's imperfect (this much I admit) with great fervor and somehow you think that means you are a good debater. Lol, laughable.

Quote:
And a lot of women sleep with men feeling no real attraction for them - just because they may at times want attention or companionship.
My point is that when you say that women marry men of wealth, that means they are attracted to this attribute, you are wrong. They marry out of financial considerations, not true attraction. OK maybe not all women, but enough of them to make my point stand. Personally, I have literally met zero women who would be willing to marry a rich guy that they have no attraction for.

Quote:
That you care about wealth - even if you don't realise it.
I think I know what I care about more than you do. But keep reading people's minds.
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:50 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,198
Smile Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
I'm giving the guy at least one good attribute, so he can have at least some appeal. You can just make the question "would you date a homeless guy" if you prefer.
Would you date a homeless guy with a great head of hair?
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:50 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,171
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Then make me.

Did I say there were relationships? Or are you hallucinating again?

I think I will do whatever I want.
Relationships in the sense that you had an interaction with these people. This is why I also called them "flings", implying some of them might not have been long term or durable.

Just saying that if you want me to give my opinion, you need to give me the story - otherwise your request is pointless.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:52 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,198
Smile Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Would you date a homeless guy who wants Trump to lose the 2020 Election?
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Unread 04-27-2020, 12:58 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,198
Smile Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Here's a real problem: If physical contact is involved, do both people have to get tested for Covid?
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Unread 04-27-2020, 01:02 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,171
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by david starling View Post
Here's a real problem: If physical contact is involved, do both people have to get tested for Covid?
"I would risk covid for you" might become 2020's most used pick-up line
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dirius For This Useful Post:
wan (04-27-2020)
  #139  
Unread 04-27-2020, 01:26 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,198
Smile Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
"I would risk covid for you" might become 2020's most used pick-up line
"Covid-proof" condoms?
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Unread 04-27-2020, 01:31 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,198
Smile Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Sex-possible hazmat suits?
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Unread 04-27-2020, 01:34 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,198
Smile Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

This pandemic makes STDs look like a minor dilemma!
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Unread 04-27-2020, 01:37 AM
david starling david starling is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yes
Posts: 23,198
Smile Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

"Covid-negative woman looking for Covid-negative man for possible relationship."
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Unread 04-27-2020, 10:38 AM
chiamaria chiamaria is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 141
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Wan, why do you keep feeding Dirius? He's only determined to disagree with you. This thread can swell to 100 pages as long as you keep responding and you'll get nowhere.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chiamaria For This Useful Post:
wan (04-27-2020)
  #144  
Unread 04-27-2020, 10:59 AM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,171
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
Wan, why do you keep feeding Dirius? He's only determined to disagree with you. This thread can swell to 100 pages as long as you keep responding and you'll get nowhere.
wan tends to get lost with her own contradictions
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 04-27-2020 at 11:02 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Unread 04-27-2020, 01:46 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,145
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
If he spends his money, he gets something in return - either a good or service. Meaning he has something tangible. A homeless man with no income, has no good or service.
Not true. If you count having something tangible as "having wealth", then a homeless man who at least owns one toothbrush technically has "wealth" too, according to your definition.

Quote:
I forget from our previous discussion your understanding of econimics is pretty bad.
There is no need to get catty.

Quote:
Wealth is any measure of valuable resources a person has: an income, money, real estate, posessions, etc. The phone in your pocket, the fridge fll of food is part of that wealth. They are resources you posses.

Some people have more wealth than others. Some people have no wealth. Most people have some wealth.

A man with no wealth at all is someone who has no resources.

A man with little or meager resources, its still wealthy.
In a strict sense, yes, a man who has little money or few possessions still has some wealth. However, when I use the word "wealth" in the context of this thread, I am referring to men who are rich. People who are capable of buying women nice things, like diamond rings, mink coats, a car, or paying her bills.

So you can see, it serves no purpose for you to insist that almost anybody with a job has some degree of wealth. Not because you are wrong, but because we are not in Economics 101. We are talking about dating and attraction.

Quote:
Not true.

A big component and turn on for women is succesful men. Some women don't even pay attention to a guy who does nothing for a living.
We are not talking about "successful men". We are talking about men who are rich or high-status, but who otherwise have few things going for them.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
Relationships in the sense that you had an interaction with these people. This is why I also called them "flings", implying some of them might not have been long term or durable.
I don't agree with your definition of relationship. You seem to be saying that having any sort of contact/interaction with someone means that they are having a "relationship". This is not how most people define a relationship. If you were correct, then technically you and I are having a "relationship", too, because we have been interacting with each other.

Quote:
Just saying that if you want me to give my opinion, you need to give me the story - otherwise your request is pointless.
I don't have a problem sharing my stories with you but I feel that it's quite impossible. Do you want me to copy and paste all of the posts and the entire conversation history I have had with this guy (note they span literally months) so as to show you why I thought he was cute? It simply isn't feasible.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
wan tends to get lost with her own contradictions
Not really, but thanks for your concern.

Have you picked apart any more examples today?

Last edited by wan; 04-27-2020 at 04:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Unread 04-27-2020, 02:02 PM
chiamaria chiamaria is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 141
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
wan tends to get lost with her own contradictions
You're what people call an "energy vampire". That's all it is. And no one has to prove anything to you. You're not that important.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Unread 04-27-2020, 05:29 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,171
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Not true. If you count having something tangible as "having wealth", then a homeless man who at least owns one toothbrush technically has "wealth" too, according to your definition.

There is no need to get catty.

In a strict sense, yes, a man who has little money or few possessions still has some wealth. However, when I use the word "wealth" in the context of this thread, I am referring to men who are rich. People who are capable of buying women nice things, like diamond rings, mink coats, a car, or paying her bills.

So you can see, it serves no purpose for you to insist that almost anybody with a job has some degree of wealth. Not because you are wrong, but because we are not in Economics 101. We are talking about dating and attraction.

We are not talking about "successful men". We are talking about men who are rich or high-status, but who otherwise have few things going for them.
You don't need to be rich to buy a woman a present.

In any case, what you are looking for is an average level of wealth, sufficient enough for him to sustain a mainstream way of life for himself. A job that allows him to survive and live without anyone's help.

A man being unable to make ends meet is an unnattractive quality, as stated by all women on this thread. This means that on a basic level, all of you gals are looking for at least that level of wealth - that allows a man to sustain himself without anyone's help. This leaves out of your radius a rather high number of men that can't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
I don't agree with your definition of relationship. You seem to be saying that having any sort of contact/interaction with someone means that they are having a "relationship". This is not how most people define a relationship. If you were correct, then technically you and I are having a "relationship", too, because we have been interacting with each other.

I don't have a problem sharing my stories with you but I feel that it's quite impossible. Do you want me to copy and paste all of the posts and the entire conversation history I have had with this guy (note they span literally months) so as to show you why I thought he was cute? It simply isn't feasible.

Not really, but thanks for your concern.

Have you picked apart any more examples today?
I'm using the term informaly to refer to the fact that you were involved with these men.

I don't care about your story. But you demanded that I provide an opinion regarding your relationships, and I obviously can't do it unless I know the story to begin with.

All I know is you were involved with someone you fell for over the internet, but it didn't go well.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!

Last edited by Dirius; 04-27-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Unread 04-27-2020, 05:33 PM
Dirius's Avatar
Dirius Dirius is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 3,171
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
You're what people call an "energy vampire". That's all it is. And no one has to prove anything to you. You're not that important.
If you were able to prove me wrong, you would.

You haven't, because you can't honey.

Because you have said you do look for someone with at least some form of wealth and security:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
Now will I get with a broke man? No
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post
It defeats the purpose of bringing young into the world if they can't be clothed or fed properly. Does he need to be rich? No. But he needs to be on his feet and established enough to be able to provide for his family, and that is fair enough.
So get off your high horse, and accept the reality. Doesn't make you a bad person for wanting a guy with money.
__________________
If you'd like a private Horary or Natal consultation, please visit me at:

https://antiqueastrology.wordpress.com/

You'll also find some tips for horary practice!
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Unread 04-27-2020, 06:28 PM
Cold Fusion's Avatar
Cold Fusion Cold Fusion is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Arizona
Posts: 1,428
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Sexual selection and sexual narcissism go hand in hand.
__________________
The Golden Rule:The principle of treating others as one wishes to be treated. It involves empathizing and perceiving others also as "I" or "self". The Golden Rule will never inspire a Psychopath. Psychopathy is characterized by persistent antisocial behavior, impaired empathy and remorse, and bold, disinhibited, egotistical traits.

Reply With Quote
  #150  
Unread 04-27-2020, 08:00 PM
wan wan is online now
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 1,145
Re: Do women year for status and wealth in a man?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirius View Post
You don't need to be rich to buy a woman a present.

In any case, what you are looking for is an average level of wealth, sufficient enough for him to sustain a mainstream way of life for himself. A job that allows him to survive and live without anyone's help.

A man being unable to make ends meet is an unnattractive quality, as stated by all women on this thread. This means that on a basic level, all of you gals are looking for at least that level of wealth - that allows a man to sustain himself without anyone's help. This leaves out of your radius a rather high number of men that can't.
And like almost every one of us said, the reason we want someone employed is not because we want some level of wealth. You keep reading "women want wealth" into our preference despite being told, numerous times, that it has nothing to do with the guy's perceived level of wealth. You need to step back, take a deep breath, and really listen. And I will tell you, probably for the last time, that the reason I want a guy with a job is because it shows he has character and can stand on his own two feet. It is NOT because I perceive that he has wealth.

Quote:
I'm using the term informaly to refer to the fact that you were involved with these men.

I don't care about your story. But you demanded that I provide an opinion regarding your relationships, and I obviously can't do it unless I know the story to begin with.
I no more "demand" it than you demand me to back up some of the stuff I said. This is an exchange of ideas, and people naturally want the other person to explain or account for the things that they have observed. I am not "demanding" you to do anything. Stop putting a negative spin on what I do.

Quote:
All I know is you were involved with someone you fell for over the internet, but it didn't go well.
It shouldn't matter why my relationship with this guy failed. And it's because we are not talking about what will make a relationship work. We are talking about the initial stage, the very beginning, or what I call the attraction stage. And the fact is that I fell hard for a guy who had neither wealth nor status. Something that you fail to explain.

Last edited by wan; 04-27-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT. The time now is 11:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005-2018, AstrologyWeekly.com. Boards' structure and all posts are property of AstrologyWeekly.com and their respective creators. No part of the messages sent on these boards may be copied without their owners' explicit consent.