Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > Anything Else... > Chat

Chat For posts that don't have to do with astrological chart interpretation, but they're still important to you. Gossip, show off, hot topic, spiritual thoughts, Sun sign astrological discussions, chit chat: come in and share!

Unread 09-22-2019, 12:47 AM

What do you do when a person likes you but you aren't compatible?

Iíve been trying to explain this to a guy but he only gets upset when I tell him I donít think we are compatible. He doesnít like that I use astrology as a way to see if we are into each other. He just keeps saying he likes me and wants me. But our synastry doesnít really show anything long term. I think it offends him when I tell him about himself based on astrology. I do like him because I can be open with him about my emotions and how I feel. But I donít want to get involved because of Synastry and Composite.

Unread 09-22-2019, 01:39 AM

Re: What do you do when a person likes you but you aren't compatible?

What will happen...the worst possible outcome you can imagine...if you use the 2-letter word "No!"?

"I do not choose to enter into a relationship with you, based on my deep belief in that superstitious hokum called astrology. If you cannot respect my beliefs......."

He has given you a valid reason for not pursuing the matter. He holds your beliefs, and therefore you, in contempt. What relationship can stand when its basis is contempt?

NO is a useful concept.

On the other hand, you two might have a lot of fun together while you are waiting for Mr. Perfect.

Last edited by greybeard; 09-22-2019 at 01:54 AM.
Unread 09-22-2019, 06:11 AM

I agree.

A simple "no", it doesnt need to be drawn out.
Unread 09-22-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
What will happen...the worst possible outcome you can imagine...if you use the 2-letter word "No!"?

"I do not choose to enter into a relationship with you, based on my deep belief in that superstitious hokum called astrology. If you cannot respect my beliefs......."

He has given you a valid reason for not pursuing the matter. He holds your beliefs, and therefore you, in contempt. What relationship can stand when its basis is contempt?

NO is a useful concept.

On the other hand, you two might have a lot of fun together while you are waiting for Mr. Perfect.
Some people don't like to use astrology as a way to define whether or not they like someone. They would rather go with how they feel but I like the guy regardless. He says he feels a connection with me.

Last edited by ChildOfVenus; 09-22-2019 at 02:02 PM.
Unread 09-22-2019, 05:46 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChildOfVenus View Post
Some people don't like to use astrology as a way to define whether or not they like someone. They would rather go with how they feel but I like the guy regardless. He says he feels a connection with me.
If you like him go for it. If it goes wrong then it goes wrong. Not the end of the world and you can learn from it. He needs to respect your beliefs first then go for it. If you really donít want to then just say no and block him. Why are you still in contact with him if you donít mind me asking?
Unread 09-23-2019, 01:55 AM

Hey, the synastry and composite are just two viewpoints on a relationship. It's difficult to understand those forces fully. It's pretty complicated stuff.

If you're not attracted to him, just simply say you're not attracted. It'll save a lot of time for both of you, which is respectful.

However, if you are attracted, then give it a shot!

Above all, have fun!
The Following User Says Thank You to StillOne For This Useful Post:
ashriia (09-24-2019)
Unread 02-09-2020, 05:58 AM

LOL

The Following User Says Thank You to Bunraku For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-12-2020)
Unread 02-12-2020, 12:54 PM

What if you are just plain wrong on how you interpreted the synastry and composite? Wouldn't that be a pity, writing a potentially good relationship off just because you believe you have a god-like ability to interpret charts?

Last edited by chiamaria; 02-12-2020 at 12:56 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to chiamaria For This Useful Post:
JUPITERASC (02-12-2020)
Unread 02-12-2020, 01:17 PM

Quote:

I’ve been trying to explain this to a guy

but he only gets upset when I tell him I don’t think we are compatible.
He doesn’t like that I use astrology
as a way to see if we are into each other.
He just keeps saying he likes me and wants me
. But our synastry doesn’t really show anything long term
. I think it offends him when I tell him about himself based on astrology.
I do like him because I can be open with him about my emotions
and how I feel.
But I don’t want to get involved because of Synastry and Composite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiamaria View Post

What if you are just plain wrong

on how you interpreted the synastry
and composite?
Wouldn't that be a pity,

writing a potentially good relationship off
just because

you believe

you have a god-like ability

to interpret charts?
Siriusly - without accurate birthtimes, charts are unreliable
add to that
the inexperience of the chart reader
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82p-D...eature=related Hippocrates Let food be your medicine: let medicine be your food. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvz9uSK3zXo Rosencrantz & Guildenstern are Dead Tom Stoppard http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KchhSIVwMdY Every exit is an entrance to somewhere else. VETTIUS VALENS FREE http://www.csus.edu/indiv/r/rileymt/...s%20entire.pdf

Last edited by JUPITERASC; 02-12-2020 at 01:20 PM.
Unread 02-12-2020, 03:03 PM

Quote:
What if you are just plain wrong on how you interpreted the synastry and composite? Wouldn't that be a pity, writing a potentially good relationship off just because you believe you have a god-like ability to interpret charts?

?
I think you may have missed the point?...
In fact, missed the point quite a bit, as you cannot get into the mind of the original poster to know what she believed, except for what she declared she believed.

And what she declared she believed, what she made clear, is that she isn't attracted to the guy. The astrology only supported and explained to her possibly why. I detected no belief of "god-like ability to interpret." If anything, it appears to me that OP has a great deal of humility when it comes to evaluating her ability to read charts.

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 02-12-2020, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IleneK View Post
?
And what she declared she believed, what she made clear, is that she isn't attracted to the guy. The astrology only supported and explained to her possibly why. I detected no belief of "god-like ability to interpret." If anything, it appears to me that OP has a great deal of humility when it comes to evaluating her ability to read charts.
Then just say to the guy "I'm not interested in you that way". Why go into overly elaborate stuff about synastry showing nothing long term? She's basically stated in her post that she relied on astrology to determine whether or not they'd get along.

I'm into astrology, but if a guy I liked told me "I don't think we'd get along cause our synastry *****" I'd go "o_O..... You know what? You're probably right. Bye." You don't know how things will play out until you actually go through the experience, and maybe the Universe brought him to her for a reason, because maybe she'll learn a thing or two if she got into a relationship with him, even if it doesn't work out. And like JUPITERASC rightfully pointed out, how can she completely rely on the fact that he has given her the right information? How can SHE know for sure her own time of birth? What if he came back and said "Oops, turns out I was born at 6PM not 6AM"?

ETA

Quote:
?
And what she declared she believed, what she made clear, is that she isn't attracted to the guy.
Quote:
Ooooop, so much for not being attracted to him.

Last edited by chiamaria; 02-12-2020 at 08:46 PM.
Unread 02-12-2020, 11:37 PM

Quote:

Quote:
Ooooop, so much for not being attracted to him.

Not so sure...
People can like someone without being attracted to them.

I know I like lots of guys that I am not attracted to.

Don't you like some guys that you are not attracted to?

"You gotta have heart..." Richard Adler 1921-2012
Unread 02-13-2020, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Not so sure...
People can like someone without being attracted to them.

I know I like lots of guys that I am not attracted to.

Don't you like some guys that you are not attracted to?
You are right, that can happen. Regardless, she never said anywhere that she's not actually attracted to him, so I don't know where you got that from anyway.

Tags
compatible, likes, person