The one I got wrong

A

Anonymous

I would like to know how I got this chart worng, i cast it a Little after noon before i went out the Question was...Will i talk to(name left out) today? it was cast on the 13th when i first cast it i thought it was a "yes" Chart and now i would like to know if someone could tell me were i went worng? i am trying to learn horary astrology so the Question was also a test to see if i could get it right but i did not, It turned out to be a no chart i did not even see the person that day. :?

Here is how i judged it

there are no aspects Between The Sun and Mercury but the moon sextiles The Sun and Squares Mercury and The moon is in Gemini (which being the sign of communication looked good to me) Also jupiter and Pf are in the 3rd And jupiter also aspects the moon so to me it looked to be a yes so can someone Please tell me were I went worng? Also mercury on the cusp of the 3rd....

Will i talk to(name left out) today?
Apr 13, 2005
01:36:15 PM
Kittrell, NC
078W26'00" 36N13'00"
:roll:

pwadm

Staff member
Hi

This must be the chart.
talk.gif

Shouldn't we take the 7th house as the quesited house, since you mention the person's name ? In this case, we'd want to see an applying aspect between the Sun and Saturn or Uranus. And there is only a separating one between the Sun and Saturn.

On the other hand, even if the quesited would be the 3rd, the answer is still No because the Moon is out of moieties of orb with Mercury (Moon's moiety 6 deg. + Mercury's 3.5 = 9.5, the orb is a little bit bigger).

Beware with these Leo rising horary charts during this time, the 7th house (astrologer) is very afflicted, and it may happen to misjudge it - it just happened to me, so I'm talking from personal experience. :(

A

Anonymous

Thank you Radu, also the last two charts I have cast have been Leo rising maybe it is telling me to study more....

pwadm

Staff member
Not necessarily... Leo is rising approx between 1- 3 pm during this time of year, and it may be the moment of the day when you take a break from work...
It just occurred to me: Leo rising with its ruler, the Sun, exalted in Aries (presumably in the 9th) it may indicate a healthy, enthousiastic approach to horary astrology :)

A

Anonymous

If this person is a friend then you use the significator of the 11th house whether you call this person by name or not. Putting anyone you name on the 7th cusp is incorrect and virtually no horary astrologers use this method. You always go by the relationship of the person to you. If it is your friend -11th house, if it is your brother - 3rd house, if it is your daughter - 5th house, if it is your partner - 7th house etc, etc. This use of the 7th house for those named came about through a misunderstanding. It has been discarded.