10 years of very, very bad luck.

Thelps

Hello all,
I recently had a Chinese Birth Chart done on www.chinesefortunecalendar.com and one of the outputs the site provides is to give you a detailed luck prediction for the rest of your life (by clicking the 'Click here to find the Rise and Fall Chart of your life' link beneath the initial element and animal-sign reading), in 10 year segments. What has worried me is that for a 10 year period within that prediction I am show to have the least possible luck for 10 years of my life.

What can be done to prepare and/or mitigate this long period of extremely bad luck? I would dread to think I would lose huge amounts of wealth, suffer a major injury, alienate loved ones or lose my partner during this time.

Can anyone suggest anything to defend against extremely bad luck?

heretolearn

Even if you had especially positive elemental luck for the 10 year periods going forward, you would still be bound to have a period or two where the ruling element would not be considered necessarily favorable, so at some point
for a 10 year period within that prediction I am show to have the least possible luck for 10 years of my life.
is true for just about every person, if they live long enough.

The calculation is likely based on your 4 Pillars, which assigns elements for year, month, day, and "hour" of birth. The ideal makeup would be to have a balanced composition of the 5 elements and yin and yang. This would be considered "luckiest," generally speaking. Since there are 5 elements but only 4 pillars, one is bound to not have a perfect balance. This is where other methods such as feng shui, martial arts, meditation and other means of cultivation come into play. Among these options, some basic aspects of feng shui are probably easiest to implement.

Without knowing the exact results and why that period is considered inauspicious, no specific remedy can be given. Suffice it to say that you want to aim for balance.
Let's say your 4 Pillars show that you are very much lacking in metal. And that particular 10 year period is predominantly fire. In that instance, you would want to increase the earth element. This can be done through your surroundings (feng shui), through your diet, cultivation, etc.

The particular way in which the period will manifest depends on your specific makeup. General suggestions aren't going to be particularly useful.

Thelps

I've done charts for over 15 of my friends and family. I've never seen a 10 year period that was any less than 5 times luckier than what I'm showing for that period. It's the lowest possible luck score while still indicating a pulse..?

Regardless, I have 0 metal (in my money area) in my chart and a vast, vast amount of water. I'd imagine to increase my metal I should get a job... but my water element is in work (job), so my chart is telling me to remain unemployed..?

This all seems highly self-contradictory.

Anyway, all other elements are very low, with metal being 0. Surely work would be the solution to developing skills, bettering oneself, earning money and so on, thus increasing elemental balance... but my over-emphasised element is water in the job/work area.

I'm having trouble understanding how to balance this chart.

heretolearn

The answer lies in the productive and reductive cycles. Not being able to actually see what you're talking about is like asking someone to drive blind. Not the best idea.
In any case, if the element you're lacking is following in the productive cycle by the element you are in excess of, then to balance would require that you either introduce the element that reduces the excess element or to introduce the element that would produce the missing element. The latter would seem a better solution in your case, based on what you have described.

Abby83

I know the one you're talking about. I recently visited this website and found ive already passed this period of bad luck of 10 yrs. In fact, I think it went a little longer than that. My son has it in his chart too so I think it's common. I also would like to know what to do or what I could have done in these periods of bad luck.
Im going with what heretolearn here says about balancing the elements for luck, which is also indicated on that site you recommended.

Abby83

Well when I say this, it is in no way to scare you and it obviously wont be the same. I just recently discovered that I have a lot of aspects in my chart including asteroids that describes a victimhood life .....

So the time line of the "over 10 yr period of bad luck" was accurate as it involved my parents' divorce and abandonment, difficulty in school and trying to keep a head up in circumstances that just did not fit with me. Always being in situations I felt out of my control and just living by to deal with it. Finishing with deep emotional, physical, psychological, financial and spiritual trauma in one massive hit at the end. So for me, because of my chart also, I found that it was like a never ending climb to get by in all circumstances of my life, challenge after challenge. Now that ive learnt my lessons and have worked hard to change what I had no control over, things are slowly turning in my favour again. One eg is that I found the right man to start a family with, which is healing the broken family we have had for more than the 12 yrs. Then there are all the other examples I wont go into. But they're all changing now too that im with the right people. I found that during the bad luck cycle, I really did feel like what was happening was out of my control and that luck really was not on my side. I didn't seem to meet the right peope or have enough support, etc, based on the circumstances, but now that ive taken action and changed that, surrounding myself with the right people, my life is starting to get better.

Of course there are some good yrs inbetween, but in general, the 10 yr bracket has more bad luck periods which is why the bar is lower than the others.

Last edited:

Abby83

As for luck, I have looked into my past and have noticed that, as recommended by chinese astrology to increase luck, the ppl who brought luck into my life were either born in the yr of the dragon, or my luck would come in the yr of the dragon. So they were right in that sense.

Hello all,
I recently had a Chinese Birth Chart done on www.chinesefortunecalendar.com and one of the outputs the site provides is to give you a detailed luck prediction for the rest of your life (by clicking the 'Click here to find the Rise and Fall Chart of your life' link beneath the initial element and animal-sign reading), in 10 year segments. What has worried me is that for a 10 year period within that prediction I am show to have the least possible luck for 10 years of my life.

What can be done to prepare and/or mitigate this long period of extremely bad luck? I would dread to think I would lose huge amounts of wealth, suffer a major injury, alienate loved ones or lose my partner during this time.

Can anyone suggest anything to defend against extremely bad luck?

SERIOUSLY SPEAKING,no any prediction SOFTWARE can offer detailed prediction.
That is just for reference and for entertainment.
Doctor has to diagnose the disease FIRST,then offer the advise.
If you really want to know your future,the only way is to appeal to experienced master.

tawna

In any case, if the element you're lacking is following in the productive cycle by the element you are in excess of, then to balance would require that you either introduce the element that reduces the excess element or to introduce the element that would produce the missing element. The latter would seem a better solution in your case, based on what you have described.

My case seems the opposite. :lol: My most excessive element is the one that gives birth to my most scarce element.

I guess to fix my problem, I would need to increase the element that would weaken my excessive element. For me, that means increasing wood, which for me represents myself & peers. However, my day element is a strong wood, because I was born in the spring. I am not sure if I should increase or decrease fire-- it weakens strong wood, but it also scares away metal, which I don't want.

Here is my chart:

Wood.gif
Wood (you) 78
Fire.gif
Fire (kids) 92
Earth.gif
Earth (money) 102
Metal.gif
Metal (job) 13
Water.gif
Water (mom) 61

Oh yeah, it also appears that I have 20 years of bad luck, and no period at all of good luck... Maybe the best luck in my life would be average luck, which happened during my teens & 20s.

10-year.gif

Right now is the 1st 10 year cycle of my most excessive element. Since this element will continue for the 10 year cycle after that, then I guess this means I have 20 years of especially bad luck.

2 1978
C-Sky9.gif
C-Earth5.gif
E-Sky9.gif
E-Dragon.gif
Black Water Dragon
12 1988
C-Sky8.gif
C-Earth4.gif
E-Sky8.gif
E-Rabbit.gif
White Metal Rabbit
22 1998
C-Sky7.gif
C-Earth3.gif
E-Sky7.gif
E-Tiger.gif
White Metal Tiger
32 2008
C-Sky6.gif
C-Earth2.gif
E-Sky6.gif
E-Cow.gif
Brown Earth Cow
42 2018
C-Sky5.gif
C-Earth1.gif
E-Sky5.gif
E-Rat.gif
Brown Earth Rat
52 2028
C-Sky4.gif
C-Earth12.gif
E-Sky4.gif
E-Pig.gif
Red Fire Pig
62 2038
C-Sky3.gif
C-Earth11.gif
E-Sky3.gif
E-Dog.gif
Red Fire Dog
72 2048
C-Sky2.gif
C-Earth10.gif
E-Sky2.gif
E-Chicken.gif
Green Wood Chicken
82 2058
C-Sky1.gif
C-Earth9.gif
E-Sky1.gif
E-Monkey.gif
Green Wood Monkey

Unless fire isn't so unlucky for me, it looks like my luck will be rotten until I turn 72. :lol: :andy:

thebridge

Even if you had especially positive elemental luck for the 10 year periods going forward, you would still be bound to have a period or two where the ruling element would not be considered necessarily favorable, so at some point is true for just about every person, if they live long enough.

The calculation is likely based on your 4 Pillars, which assigns elements for year, month, day, and "hour" of birth. The ideal makeup would be to have a balanced composition of the 5 elements and yin and yang. This would be considered "luckiest," generally speaking. Since there are 5 elements but only 4 pillars, one is bound to not have a perfect balance. This is where other methods such as feng shui, martial arts, meditation and other means of cultivation come into play. Among these options, some basic aspects of feng shui are probably easiest to implement.

Without knowing the exact results and why that period is considered inauspicious, no specific remedy can be given. Suffice it to say that you want to aim for balance.
Let's say your 4 Pillars show that you are very much lacking in metal. And that particular 10 year period is predominantly fire. In that instance, you would want to increase the earth element. This can be done through your surroundings (feng shui), through your diet, cultivation, etc.

The particular way in which the period will manifest depends on your specific makeup. General suggestions aren't going to be particularly useful.

Just wanted to say I have the same bad luck period coming up in a few years followed by 20 years of the best luck in my life (60's & 70's.) Maybe I'll Post later but just want to thank you all for the posts. Surprised I found anything.