career conundrum

Kite

Milkywaygirl..Astrology is good to get some ideas about what might harmonize with your chart however I found the biggest help for me was a book called What Color is Your Parachute. Each year it is updated and can help you idenitfy what skills, talents, and desires you have to create the career that is right for you. Lots of worksheets but well worth the effort.

Kite

M

HI milkywaygirl - I've had my own share of state of career flux. But I realise it has a lot to do with discipline related to your goals. Also are you good at what you do? Do you have colleagues who make you feel appreciated? Have you got people who rely on your input as a breadwinner - family? For years, I've read books + studied + got coaching + and I still found I cound't put my finger on what was my calling.

A typical job doesn't define most of us as being our own individual + is really just supporting what your lifestyle is. Astrology may help with finding something that you can be happy with - most of mine says I'm best suited to humanitarian jobs. I'd love to be a vet too! (Animals are much better paitients than people but they both growl). I started producing newspapers as a designer 2 years ago afetr 10 years of design/art background (I'm good at it, but I'm not really into it - it suits my Aquarian moon, solitare work etc. apart from my venus in sagittarius, I was there to help a friend start the business up - this is where my humaniturian role filled).

During that newspaper career flux - when dissatisfaction came in again, I realised/remembered I produced my school's first newspaper when I was 13! I started on publishing even before I knew what I wanted to do! No wonder I was bored. You're either too good at what you can do - or not good enough + thats where this needs refinement.

I used to look at other people in jobs they're not happy with, or for other reasons have stayed for more than 10 years working in the same company, I even cringe to think of staying in a job for more than 18months or less! I thought something was wrong with me then when everyone considered this irresponsible, but hey these days, I'm top in my field when I realised that I had more scope then several design groups from widening my skills, meeting tonnes of people and moving around so much.

Freelancing/or having your own business is a great way to keep your restless nature always occupied. You need more of your own challenge to keep your motor running sometimes. BTW I've got Satrun retro in my 2nd house - always going to work at money.

I've held down a few boring jobs for the sake of saving to do what I really want to do - ie travel. I live constantly on the go these days - my design assignments barely make it but it gets me to the next bend. Its hairy, and my friends get insecure with my non-conformist views, but it works with me well because I'm not stuck in a groove, I'm still creative, I'm more interesting as a person, I'm only tied to assignments for a few months (then I break free again), I'm a better person to others, I contribute to a home, I'm committed to my well being and for others, I still make money, I'm not a burden on society - this is my calling:D ALL THE BEST!