Advanced Chinese Astrology

byjove

Account Closed
Hi all,

I searched for good info on this on here and didn't find it, so I thought I'd
open this thread.

I've been a follower of Chinese astrology about as long as Western, and I'm dying to learn more! I've focussed on Western for so long...

Info online about this is so basic, and ready to charge your credit card...and even the biggest bookshops in my country don't have much on this, sadly. I'd say there's much more available in Chinese, which I don't speak lol.

So if there's anyone on here who would be willing to teach?! There would be plenty of us ready to listen, I'm sure.

So then, I was born in the

Year of the Yin Fire Rabbit
Month of the Dragon
Day of the White Tiger
Hour of the Horse

Info on one's year is everywhere, but so general - since it's the equivalent
of the Western Sun sign's general nature. What is the effects of the month? And the day? The ascendent is much more easiy calculated (sigh of relief).

If you know anything about Chinese astrology or want to debate or compare...

ByJove :happy:

[Moderator note - thread moved to the 'Chinese Astrology' board, since we have one now.]

Last edited by a moderator:

MamaMinnee

Hi all,

I searched for good info on this on here and didn't find it, so I thought I'd
open this thread.

I've been a follower of Chinese astrology about as long as Western, and I'm dying to learn more! I've focussed on Western for so long...

Info online about this is so basic, and ready to charge your credit card...and even the biggest bookshops in my country don't have much on this, sadly. I'd say there's much more available in Chinese, which I don't speak lol.

So if there's anyone on here who would be willing to teach?! There would be plenty of us ready to listen, I'm sure.

So then, I was born in the

Year of the Yin Fire Rabbit
Month of the Dragon
Day of the White Tiger
Hour of the Horse

Info on one's year is everywhere, but so general - since it's the equivalent
of the Western Sun sign's general nature. What is the effects of the month? And the day? The ascendent is much more easiy calculated (sigh of relief).

If you know anything about Chinese astrology or want to debate or compare...

ByJove :happy:
The information you have is normally considered a combination of Chinese Astrology and Feng Shui. If you investigate Four Pillars Feng Shui, you will probably find out more information about this. It is not set up the exactly same as Western or Vedic, to me.

candiceaqua

There are transit system in the 8 pillar of five elements in Chinese astrology as well.

-Firstly, the 5 Elements is represented by 5 stars, Venus for metal, Jupiter for wood, Mercury for water, Mars for fire, Saturn for mud

-These five elements is devided into 10 elements according to their different nature in sex, like yang metal, yin metal.

-Every 12 years in one's life could be represented by one yang/yin element, and they will have differnet influence on your life.

-If you are Yang Mud, then the 12 year for the Ying Fire will be good for you, everything will go well this year. (Because Fire is hot ,so it could burn the wood into ashes, then the ashes is just the Mud. So fire could bring energy to mud, but if one has too much mud already, then we will need wood to diminish the mud to keep the element in balance.)

-In Chinese astrology, they have 8 pillars of different elements, which is made up of your Four pillars : year-month-date-hour (each pillar have two elements).

-The date pillar is always the most important as it represent yourself, the year is represented your grandfather or your ancestor, the month pillar stands for your brother, your wife or husband could also be represented by the date pillar. The hour pillar is your children.

-Different elements in the pillar have different functions, all around the date pillar. If your date pillar is mud, and the mud could control water, as when there is a flood, only mud could stop it by building up big dam.Something you could control we could see it as your money and resources and wife(if you are a male). If you have many water elements in your pillars, it could indicate that you enjoy the company of different lovers and you will focus on earning money.

- Mud is controlled by the wood, then if you are the mud, the wood element could control you and give pressure on you. The root of the tree and grass could keep the mud from moving and become solid. So if there is any wood element in your pillar, it will represent your father or grandfather or your boss, they will of course give you pressure but at the same time, they will help you if you choose to be a politician(if the element control you is something good for you).

There is more in the Chinese Astrology. there is an older Chinese Astrology called---Qi Zheng Si Yu, it is similar to classical astrology, and it may be a different branch of vedic astrology with different new idea from ancient Chinese. It is a very delicate system with 7 stars(sun ,moon, venus,mercury, mars, saturn) and 4 Point(North node, South node, Lilith, ....) and 12 houses which will fall in 28 different constellation stars each stands for an animal with different element.

Hope this could help you, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

vox

Can anyone guess which different chinese year the following celebrities all belong to? without cheating ofc

Christiaan Barnard
Usain Bolt
Gary Cooper
Steven Gerrard
Prince Harry
Johannes Kepler
Emeril Lagasse
Tobey Maguire
Yip Man
Keanu Reeves
Paul Rudd
William Wallace

a reminder of the chinese signs:
Rat - Ox - Tiger - Rabbit - Dragon - Snake - Horse - Goat - Monkey - Cock - Dog - Pig

Last edited:

vox

It's more according to physical appearance and profession:

Christiaan Barnard - dog
Usain Bolt (100m world record holder) - a tiger WS: Leo
Gary Cooper - an ox WS: Taurus
Steven Gerrard - monkey
Prince Harry - rat
Johannes Kepler - goat WS: Capricorn
Emeril Lagasse (famous US chef) - a pig
Tobey Maguire - rabbit
Yip Man - snake
Keanu Reeves - dragon both year and asc
Paul Rudd - a cock
William Wallace (Braveheart film), on horseback :rightful:

Last edited:

Sanaqua

There are transit system in the 8 pillar of five elements in Chinese astrology as well.

-Firstly, the 5 Elements is represented by 5 stars, Venus for metal, Jupiter for wood, Mercury for water, Mars for fire, Saturn for mud

-These five elements is devided into 10 elements according to their different nature in sex, like yang metal, yin metal.

-Every 12 years in one's life could be represented by one yang/yin element, and they will have differnet influence on your life.

-If you are Yang Mud, then the 12 year for the Ying Fire will be good for you, everything will go well this year. (Because Fire is hot ,so it could burn the wood into ashes, then the ashes is just the Mud. So fire could bring energy to mud, but if one has too much mud already, then we will need wood to diminish the mud to keep the element in balance.)

-In Chinese astrology, they have 8 pillars of different elements, which is made up of your Four pillars : year-month-date-hour (each pillar have two elements).

-The date pillar is always the most important as it represent yourself, the year is represented your grandfather or your ancestor, the month pillar stands for your brother, your wife or husband could also be represented by the date pillar. The hour pillar is your children.

-Different elements in the pillar have different functions, all around the date pillar. If your date pillar is mud, and the mud could control water, as when there is a flood, only mud could stop it by building up big dam.Something you could control we could see it as your money and resources and wife(if you are a male). If you have many water elements in your pillars, it could indicate that you enjoy the company of different lovers and you will focus on earning money.

- Mud is controlled by the wood, then if you are the mud, the wood element could control you and give pressure on you. The root of the tree and grass could keep the mud from moving and become solid. So if there is any wood element in your pillar, it will represent your father or grandfather or your boss, they will of course give you pressure but at the same time, they will help you if you choose to be a politician(if the element control you is something good for you).

There is more in the Chinese Astrology. there is an older Chinese Astrology called---Qi Zheng Si Yu, it is similar to classical astrology, and it may be a different branch of vedic astrology with different new idea from ancient Chinese. It is a very delicate system with 7 stars(sun ,moon, venus,mercury, mars, saturn) and 4 Point(North node, South node, Lilith, ....) and 12 houses which will fall in 28 different constellation stars each stands for an animal with different element.

Hope this could help you, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Candiceaqua,

Is there anything equivalent to horary in Chinese astrology?

Like you talked about mud and wood example, is it that if we get to know that some element like mud or wood or metal is too much in our life and there's imbalance, can we move to balance by actually adding or subtracting a missing or accessive element respectively, in our real life?

ZWDS

The act of "balancing the elements" is used in majority of chinese astrology systems but in different forms; as seen in different systems.

Bazi (Four Pillars of Destiny) system of Chinese astrology from my limited basic understanding is about finding the element that benefits the 8 characters that represents the person in this system of astrology.

vox

Just out of interest, what is the double sign (Western zodiac sign & chinese animal sign) of the favourite for the men's 100m sprint olympic final ahead?

vijacharya

hello,

i am new in chinese astrology,, i am going thru hell from 2007 till date......thanks to my stars. my horoscope as per vedic is very complex, can anyone tell how to get sucesss and good luck.

dob 18th august,time of birth is 20.01 in evening, place is mumbai.

thanking u in anticipation.

regards

vijay

planet9

Those interested in Chinese Astrology might wish to make use of this program: Chinese Calendrics. State your birth date and it gives you the element and animal not only of your year of birth but also of your month and day of birth. For example, someone born on January 1st, 1984, was born in a water-pig year, a wood-rat month on a wood-horse day.

You can do lots with this program. For example, the person with the birth date given above can find out when the next wood-horse day in a wood-rat month in a water-pig year will occur. Turns out to be December 17, 2043. Too long to wait? Well, how about the next wood-horse day in a wood-rat month? That's December 15, 2018. Six years too long? How about the next wood-horse day? That's September 30th this year.

astro_mania

Candiceaqua,

Is there anything equivalent to horary in Chinese astrology?

Like you talked about mud and wood example, is it that if we get to know that some element like mud or wood or metal is too much in our life and there's imbalance, can we move to balance by actually adding or subtracting a missing or accessive element respectively, in our real life?
hai
I am deeply interested in Chinese Numerology. But I cannot understand the meaning of combination of numbers. I am talking about birth-chart raised from a chinese moon chart. I find it very difficult to co-relate numbers in a Lo-Shu grid. How can we describe or discuss that they are in positive cycle or in negative? What numbers are in negative cycle? Hope you can answer this basic question.