Mercury in Sagittarius??

Zodiacal

When I talk to other people, they say that I talk confusingly and its true coz I can also feel it.

Do you think that being a scorpio, that's why all the things inside my mind, I don't just say it? That I am just silent. Preferring to listen than to talk.

But how do you think will these affect me?

Mercury Sextile Jupiter

Mercury Trine Midheaven

So in summary :

I am a silent person, I don't just talk. But when I talk, I will talk like being in a confusion like the uhmss.. like that.

EJ53

Banned
Hi Zodiacal......Welcome to the forum.

Where is your Neptune located?......and what aspects does it make (if any) to Mercury and the other other planets?

sagvirgorising

When I talk to other people, they say that I talk confusingly and its true coz I can also feel it.

Do you think that being a scorpio, that's why all the things inside my mind, I don't just say it? That I am just silent. Preferring to listen than to talk.

But how do you think will these affect me?

Mercury Sextile Jupiter

Mercury Trine Midheaven

So in summary :

I am a silent person, I don't just talk. But when I talk, I will talk like being in a confusion like the uhmss.. like that.

I have Mercury in Sagittarius and I waffle to the point of going the long way around the subject instead of making the point, I find it much easier to write. Sometimes I prefer to keep quiet, as it can all come out in one nervous jumble (a bit like Stacey Solomon on X-factor - no offence to her! Bless her!)

But how do you think will these affect me? Whats your Asc sign and what is Neptune doing?

Mercury Sextile Jupiter

Mercury Trine Midheaven

So in summary :

Scorpio is an extremely private sign and doesn't like other people knowing its business, extremely analytical. Are all your planets below the horizon in your chart?

We are all visual people and need to see charts....
Welcome to the World of Astrology!
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14561

Re: Need some education: Which charts to use when?
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17514

Beginning to Study Astrology
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showpost.php?p=154469&postcount=10

How to attach a chart as thumbnail
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12126

tanamarios

the problem with Mercury in Sagittarius , is the tendency of blunt speech . Their speech is often perfect with big ideas , but having problems with the small details.

njmfff

pretty much like every Sag I know... They'll go around and talk for hours about philosophy, starts, moon, world in general , but when you ask them simple question like "What time is it?" they just look back at you in confusion... lol

still I get along terrifically with every Sagittarius I know, both genders. Wonderful friends.

robots

I have mercury in Sagittarius too. Fun stuff. I talk too fast, I occasionally stop making sense, and I often talk about things that other people don't care about that I happen to be REALLY excited about.
Like, I tell all my friends about various astrological findings in my chart or whatever, and they just seem to pretend to listen. I just feel the need to get it all out because it's so exciting.

Writing is much easier for me than talking. With writing, I have the chance to formulate all my thoughts into a cohesive idea whereas when I speak I just tend to ramble until something somewhere makes sense.
People that aren't used to talking to me often get confused by my various rants, overly fast-paced speeches, and ever-changing train of thought. Makes me have to repeat myself a lot.

The blunt speech thing is definitely true too. I've been accused of being too brutally honest, especially to the people closest to me.

Earth Sign

I'm a Virgo Ascendant, so my Mercury in Sagittarius is my Chart Ruler, and yes, I talk too fast and too much about my ideas while ignoring the probability of completely losing those with whom I'm talking.

One of the most noticeable traits is how active my mind gets when I'm talking. I have a hard time pondering slowly on something, but the moment I open my mouth and start to talk about it, my thought process speeds up and suddenly I'm flooded with ideas. It doesn't even matter if the other person is listening to me.

When I'm not talking, and I'm just thinking, I have a much harder time coming up with ideas, or even working on ideas in progress. I can't even think in pictures as well as I can while I'm talking. When I'm not talking my mind rests.

For a long time this sounded more like a Gemini trait to me, but then I started noticing how this only applies when it involves ideas. I love thinking on new ground and getting more information to flex my imagination with, whether it's on philosophy, theology, or writing the next great fiction novel. My mind just takes in information and expands on it.

There are some problems that come with this trait, too, like my chronic assuming. I'll work with an idea long enough so I adopt it as a belief (which is as good as a fact in the eye of the beholder), without proper evidence or testing. This often makes my new ideas fall flat... and you would think I'd learn my lesson after a while, but no such luck. My mind will skip off again on it's merry Sagittarian way.

This is especially troublesome considering my Mercury's tough aspects: A Semi-Sextile to Saturn in Capricorn, and Quincunx to Mars in Taurus. With relationships like that, my Mercury is likely to experience a lot of bumps and bruises. So thank goodness for the Sagittarius ability to bounce back! :happy:

Aeryn

I have mercury in Sagittarius too. Fun stuff. I talk too fast, I occasionally stop making sense, and I often talk about things that other people don't care about that I happen to be REALLY excited about.
Like, I tell all my friends about various astrological findings in my chart or whatever, and they just seem to pretend to listen. I just feel the need to get it all out because it's so exciting.

Writing is much easier for me than talking. With writing, I have the chance to formulate all my thoughts into a cohesive idea whereas when I speak I just tend to ramble until something somewhere makes sense.
People that aren't used to talking to me often get confused by my various rants, overly fast-paced speeches, and ever-changing train of thought. Makes me have to repeat myself a lot.

The blunt speech thing is definitely true too. I've been accused of being too brutally honest, especially to the people closest to me.
I'll just quote what you said, cause it's perfect. I can relate. :D

Gogo91

Just like any other member stated. Mercury in Sagittarius have no time to bother smaller details and talks the bigger picture.

For Example:
Person 1 says A
Person 2 says B
Person 3 says C
Person 4 (with Mercury in Sag) says Alphabet.

hodad

My sister is a Capricorn and one minute she is all business,serious and harsh,then her Mercury in Sagittarius kicks in and she just switches gears,and it's a different game entirely.I like that side of her better.She starts questioning things,philosophizing,rambling at times, and goes off in all sorts od different directions that I don't see coming.It's a softer side to her and I never quite know what to expect.I would ask her advice in making a decision and at first she would be really logical--'No,don't do that, for reasons A,B and C just really lay it out there in practical and pragmatic terms,and then 5 minutes later she would say, 'Well maybe...' and essentially start waffling,like she can suddenly look at 10 different perspectives.She starts philosophizing,rambling on,and she's not quite so sure of herself since there is a larger picture happening.She becomes kinder,not so harsh, and I like to philosophize along with her (Jupiter in Sag).She becomes more thoughtful,more open.I like that side of her.It's quite a contrast,shocking some times.Being super rational at times, then just becoming really philosophical.I like Mercury in Sagittarius,and Mercury/Jupiter aspects.Things aren't so black and white,and they like to tell long stories with a moral at the end!

Last edited:

Aeryn

Hah! hodad, that sounds like me, except I don't go through Cap mode before landing in Sag mode. I live there. :D

Naomi_Sadge

That's so like me - a result of Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius. Mercury rules my 3rd house and Saturn is there so this reinforces the fact that I am not exactly a chatterbox and prefer to express myself in writing but there's a lot going on inside and I have great conversations with myself!!Luckily Saturn in Gemini in 3rd brings structure and attention to detail.

Oh and I certainly suffer from the foot in mouth syndrome :rolleyes:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
That's so like me - a result of Mercury retrograde in Sagittarius. Mercury rules my 3rd house and Saturn is there so this reinforces the fact that I am not exactly a chatterbox and prefer to express myself in writing but there's a lot going on inside and I have great conversations with myself!!Luckily Saturn in Gemini in 3rd brings structure and attention to detail.

Oh and I certainly suffer from the foot in mouth syndrome :rolleyes:

Yes, me too! I have Mercury in Sag in the 9th conjunct my Sun (same degree - combust).
My thoughts sometimes are so fast and scattered, that I find I can express myself in writing so much better! I can stop, and process, and try to make some sort of sense from my wild thoughts.
I can be a chatterbox, if given the right topic to talk about...I have to be interested, otherwise I won't really say much at all. Although, as a kid I talked a lot, and my Mum called me Little Miss Chatterbox!
I have always been one to question everything "why? why?" Haha! :happy:

...and foot in mouth...absolutely! Although I am getting better with age!

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
Sometimes I feel like I just can't string a sentence together! However, if I can write it down, it just flows! It can be frustrating not being able to communicate clearly sometimes, as in my mind it all makes sense! Ha! I just can't get it out clearly!

Another thing, for me, is that I can get loud when I talk! I can become boisterous and excited, and I have been told "shhhhhhhh!!!" on a number of occasions in galleries and libraries! Haha!

Any others with Mercury in Sag find this?

Aeryn

OMG, YES! Family told me a lot to not be so loud when talking, but I think they've given up. :)

I only talk when I'm passionate about something. Otherwise I just listen and drift off into thoughts that actually interest me. Then I return to Earth and realize I have no idea what people are talking about anymore!

I have very high ideals - declared as unachievable by some (which I consider to be BS, because I live them). 4 planets in Sag, 3 planets and NN in Virgo will do that I guess. Normally I have to write or at least walk away and prepare my words if I want to make a point verbally. Otherwise I get lost in the universe of my thoughts and come across as a loony. Or at least as if I hadn't thought things through - which I always do!

The only time I know to express myself extremely well and without preparation is when I get to talk about ethics and morals - probably because everything triggers me to think about them. Suddenly everything becomes clear and organized. It's why I feel the urge to get into politics... Saturn in Virgo combined with Merc in Sag?

Last edited:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
OMG, YES! Family told me a lot to not be so loud when talking, but I think they've given up. :)

I only talk when I'm passionate about something. Otherwise I just listen and drift off into thoughts that actually interest me. Then I return to Earth and realize I have no idea what people are talking about anymore!

I have very high ideals - declared as unachievable by some (which I consider to be BS, because I live them). 4 planets in Sag, 3 planets and NN in Virgo will do that I guess. Normally I have to write or at least walk away and prepare my words if I want to make a point verbally. Otherwise I get lost in the universe of my thoughts and come across as a loony. Or at least as if I hadn't thought things through - which I always do!

The only time I know to express myself extremely well and without preparation is when I get to talk about ethics and morals - probably because everything triggers me to think about them. Suddenly everything becomes clear and organized. It's why I feel the urge to get into politics... Saturn in Virgo combined with Merc in Sag?

Haha! :biggrin: I'm the same with only talking when it is something that really interests me, otherwise, I don't really have much to say at all!

Oh, and high ideals - yes! Don't get me started on that... I am all for that! I am also very idealistic, which mostly is not a problem, as I think it helps in the creativity department. However, at least you have lots of Virgo to ground you...I have no Earth! Ha! I can get lost in my "ideal" world...

It can be difficult to express all those thoughts verbally, sometimes though, can't it? Thankfully, we can write it down!

Also, the fact that you love talking about ethics and morals...very Sagittarian indeed.

Aeryn

Oh I get lost, too. A process aided by my Sun being clouded by Neptune and my Mercury being entangled with my Moon, all in Sag. I love it! But ****... I gotta fight pretty hard to stay present when times are rough. I tend to prefer to disappear from the world through... say... astrology research. Or making plan after plan on what I'm going to do, but not ever getting started with actually doing it. Because a better idea is born every day! The dark side of Sagittarius. :pinched:

PisceanPallas

Account Closed
I tend to prefer to disappear from the world through... say... astrology research. Or making plan after plan on what I'm going to do, but not ever getting started with actually doing it. Because a better idea is born every day! The dark side of Sagittarius. :pinched:

Yes, what is that?!? Is that Neptune with Sun and Mercury in Sag? Or just a general Sag trait? I wish I knew too... I also have this problem...

I think this can be an issue with having high ideals...sometimes we make lofty plans, however we never get started because either we are afraid it won't ever be as great as we imagined, or we come up with another, better idea!! Ha!

Sorry, this is slightly off topic of Mercury in Sagittarius...or maybe not? maybe a new Sagittarius thread is in order...

(My inner voice says "great idea Sagittarius, why don't you get started on that?" haha!)