Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

I made a too fast conclusion about it being a mistake that you weren't more precise and clear because I dont know if you even judged jupiteras tables of dignities as something not in alignment with your desire for the thread. But it was my hunch that you judged jupiteras table of dignities as something undesirable, but I may be wrong!

Freedom to America! Hallelujah!

Y

i wouldn't say it's entirely off the table, regarding this thread. :biggrin:

david starling

Here's a thought, that just occurred to me at random: Testing the rules of a thread just makes more work for the moderators. So, I'll delete my invented words from the thread that says "no invented words". :smile:

(Even though, at some point, ALL words were invented.) :biggrin:

Last edited:

petosiris

Banned
Here's a thought, that just occurred to me at random: Testing the rules of a thread just makes more work for the moderators. So, I'll delete my invented words from the thread that says "no invented words". :smile:

(Even though, at some point, ALL words were invented.) :biggrin:

Words are real, they exist in Plato's world of forms. That includes Pepe and FeelsBadMan.

Osamenor

Staff member
All,

The rule for this thread is indeed:

No pictures or graphics allowed. Feel free to express your thoughts in words, without images or pictures. If you have pictures, graphs, charts, music, or even memes you'd like to share, post a link. Keep the text size to size 2, and use caps or italics if you need to emphasize. No text art, or gibberish text art.
Tables qualify. They're a graphic, not text. Deleted the posts that contained the tables and the meme, as well as comments on those posts that quoted them. Non-text posts begone from this thread!
Uh-huh, yep. Strictly text, you set the precedent as OP. Don't know what got into Wilson's underpants, maybe JA's private messages.
Seems to me it was the wording of david starling's post report. When he flagged the post with the table, he gave the reason as, "A table of dignities and debilities constitutes a meme in this meme-free thread."

So wilsontc took the message at its literal word and responded to the claim of meme.

Moral of the story: if you see a non-meme graphic in this thread and you report it, don't call it a meme. Make it clear that your objection is that it doesn't meet the strictly text requirement.

Osamenor

Staff member
Interesting. Isn't that against some rule to make public a report claim? Who knows.

Gotta be careful with your wording in our legalistic AW forum.

I didn't make it public. David said up thread that he'd reported the post. So, it already was public knowledge.

If he hadn't said anything to you all about reporting the post, I would have kept it confidential.

Osamenor

Staff member
All,

Further rule enforcement: I just deleted several posts of gossip about another member. Not allowed. You all know that.

Play nice,
Osamenor

petosiris

Banned
Mercury retrograde is very meaningful for the politicians in EU though, the superstitious generally avoid undertakings then. Our Prime Minister has said a few times they delay projects for this reason.

Last edited: