Twelve degrees relationship

Babchi

After telling an astrologer the birth dates of two individuals she referenced to a 12 degree undoing (?) of one of the individuals. Have any of you heard of such a thing? And, if so, what does it mean? Sounds like it's not a positive connection but I'm not really sure. Where are the 12 degrees located? Between years, or dates, or something else?
The birth dates were 02/12/1973 (male) and 01/03/1981 (female)
Babchi

Babchi

I'm not absolutely sure but I don't know the rising sign of the Cap female; I do know that the Aquarius male's rising sign is Sag. with a moon in Gemini.
What does the statement 'undoing' mean in reference to one another and which one is the one who is 'undoing'. I'm asking questions about something that I have no idea what I'm asking about so I'm probably not making much sense...lol....sorry about that. :surprised:
Babchi

JUPITERASC

After telling an astrologer the birth dates of two individuals she referenced to a 12 degree undoing (?) of one of the individuals. Have any of you heard of such a thing? And, if so, what does it mean? Sounds like it's not a positive connection but I'm not really sure. Where are the 12 degrees located? Between years, or dates, or something else?
Babchi

There are many forms of astrology, including ancient, hellenistic, medieval, modern, Uranian and so on - and each has their own individual technique - so one wonders which particular form of astrology is being referenced by the astrologer that you consulted
:smile:

Babchi

I didn't ask...I suppose because I didn't know enough about astrology to know what to ask. It just kind of surprised me because the relationship between the two individuals wasn't a very good one. Since my conversation with the astrologer the male in the relationship has passed away at their house. That's why I keep thinking of the astrologer saying what she said.
Babchi

tsmall

Premium Member
Babchi

I agree with miquar, in that the idea of this sounds more like a 12th house and not a "12 degree" thing. But Babchi, if all you gave the astrologer was the birth dates, he/she would have no basis for the houses, because those are based on the ASC and cannot be discerned from the birth date alone. Unless he/she was speaking of the planets themselves, and the aspects they make from one transit (day) chart to the other...did this astrologer make a chart?

I am not that familiar with aspects in modern astrology, but I believe we can get a 30* aspect (half a sextile) and we can get a 45* aspect...if there is a 12* aspect? One would need to be able to create it from the geometry that originated with the Ptolemaic aspects...and I know of none that equals 12*...

I think that in order to answer your question we would need to know the entire story...

Babchi

I have never heard of the '12 degree' perspective before either; and I don't know this astrologer personally so maybe this particular person was 'sounding well educated' in astrology when, in fact, maybe they weren't. I'm not going to be curious or concerned about her information any longer because we have MANY experienced knowledgable astrologists here on this board who haven't heard of it before. I was only curious anyway....Maybe I was so curious because it didn't quite line up with anything I've ever heard of before.
Babchi

dr. farr

I have heard of using certain unorthodox aspectual degree-relationships (Charles Carter did some research in this area), however I am unaware of any such at 12 degrees.
I too believe that the referenced astrologer was most probably referring to the 12th HOUSE...

dhundhun

Sun of two charts are one sign apart. This is 2nd-12th relationship in synastry. In this relationship, one suffers, whereas other enjoys. Not good for marriage, friendship, etc. It becomes karmic relationship.

Babchi

That sounds like what she told me!! Thank you for your response Dhundhun...and that is exactly how their relationship appeared. Your explanation also tells me why me and my first husband were so disasterous together....We were one sign apart, he was a Pisces and I am an Aries...a nightmare!!
I'm not familiar yet with the different types of astrology...synastry, vedic, etc. I'm still learning and it's a lot to sort out and understand what the differences are between each one.....which is why I will probably post on the wrong thread in the future....lol...:lol:
Babchi