North Node Rising

FROG

Ii note that your name is "mostly nocturnal", and
a) happen to know someone else with North Node Rising in Leo
who is also mostly nocturnal
b) read in a book somewhere, professional astrologer reported that this North Node on Ascendant coincided with people who were awake at night

--------
One interpretation of North Node on Ascendant is that you came from a life of being partnered all the time, and in this life you get to focus on you, without the partnership. However, this might not feel very uncomfortable to do, because you may be more attracted to being with someone all the time.

I never understood why but one author said the life of the individual was fated, in that they found their needs taken care of, but were needed in various situations where they became 'angel' assistants. But this doesn't agree with the textbook interpretation, which supports a life of being freed of partnerships.

So I am in doubt of that one, and would appreciate knowing how you see things happening in your life?

rahu

Banned
hi MostlyNocturnal

the node on your ascendant gives psychic and intuition abilities. it gives a sharp intelligence and shows your insights are usually correct .the is a air of magic around you as your aura us very strong and you may attract other psychic people. with venus conjunct the node and ascendant you have a magnetic personality and many are drawn yto you emanate a very strong emotional/love vibration. Venus with the node increases your psychic sensitivity.
in addition you have your eros/psyche midpoint also conjunct the node and square to Uranus. this can make you a ultra romantic person, looking for the ideal soulmate. it can give you an air of innocence and a childlike personality at times. this adds to your emotional and physical attractiveness.
in addition to these two aspects you also have Uranus square the node as well as mars. Uranus square the node and venus amps up all your psychic abilities and gives you access to the astral plane through Uranus. this means that you have vivid dreams, prophetic and flying dreams. this theatrically gives you mind access to all knowledge on the cosmic level. in addition you may have what is called sleep paralysis which indicates that sometimes when you wake up, you can't move for a minute or two. this is a symptom of having a astral dream. you might also have out of the body experiences as these floating dreams access to the astral plane and are ruled by Uranus also.
Uranus square to Venus by itself shows that you have a magnetic affect on others. this aspect bring many suitors after you. love affairs are intense an electric but very often short lived because it is very difficult to translate the intense emotions into realistic relationships. mars square to Venus only ads to your already overwhelming sexual attraction. But again most are attracted to your psychic/physical energies and not always to the "real' you. with mars conjunct to Uranus and square the node you are extremely "radical". you always want new experiences and like to be near the "edge" but again this makes for a intense emotional/love life but as said often these infatuations are unstable.with ixion conjuct to mars, you seem to attract "bad" boys or those who come from very different surroundings that you. with venus square mars and ixion, some of your relationships maybe a little like Romeo and Juliet in which family or friends do not approve for your romantic decisions.
over all you strive for intensity an excitement and radical situations always seem to surround you.
on the other hand,you have sun conjunct to Saturn and pluto conjunct to mercury. this gives you a more somber and deeply reflective side which may work against you vibrant mental. psychic side. just as the node Uranus makes you very excitable and intense the Saturn/sun has the opposite affect and can give you periods of despondency. as these patterns are somewhat opposite, you may find that you have drastic mood swings. optimistic and happy and then doubtful and despondent.

Jupiter is conjunct to juno and the sun and Saturn which shows a strong family heritage and loyalty. juno and Jupiter together dshows you are a person who wants a meaningful committed relationship. but with Uranus/mars square to venus , most guys are into your flashing physical and mental side, so you may have more than your share of heartbreaks before you achieve a lasting relationship.

you venus/node is sextile to pluto and trine to Neptune. this shows you ar ein fact a very sweet and loving person. all your friends adore you because you don't them and are always there for them.
pluto is also conjunct your liltih which again shows you are a very deep person. this can show you have influences from a past life, but it also shows even when you are excited, you have an inner calm about you.

you also have the moon trine to the sun/Jupiter/juno/Saturn. this is an excellent aspect fro counseling and business profession. it shows you have a very intelligent and just, morals attitude toward life. it tends to show a balance and devoted demeanor and shows you usually succeed at any enterprise through your intelligence and your modesty.

you mars/eris midpoint is conjunct to the moon and opposed to orcus.this pattern shows you to be extremely passionate an sexual. but opposed to orcus, but this passion seems to draw controlling people who may not have your best interest in mind. it is very sexual, but the sexuality leads to jealousy and completion very often. this gives you an occasional hard edge to your personality. so you have a dichotomy here. on one hand your node/venus/pysche/eros shows a an credible open and romantic nature but orcus opposed to the moon and eris/mars shows that, as mentioned, harsh of dominating people are attracted to you. so you have had paradoxical emotional/social experiences, looking for the light in others but finding or attracting the darkness in others.
rahu

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member
One interpretation of North Node on Ascendant is that you came from a life of being partnered all the time, and in this life you get to focus on you, without the partnership. However, this might not feel very uncomfortable to do, because you may be more attracted to being with someone all the time.

I never understood why but one author said the life of the individual was fated, in that they found their needs taken care of, but were needed in various situations where they became 'angel' assistants. But this doesn't agree with the textbook interpretation, which supports a life of being freed of partnerships.

If we're playing the once-upon-a-south-node past life story game, don't forget Venus opposing the south node and conjunct the north node! Any planet on the north node represents something you're moving toward. Venus can indicate partnership. So in this particular case, it may not be about being freed of partnerships, but about redefining them.

Venus can also indicate artistry, beauty, anything Venusian. In Leo, we might be looking at a great need for self expression. If it's rising, it might indicate a need for a very visible self expression.

In the past life story context, a planet in opposition to your south node indicates what you wanted but couldn't have, or what was an insurmountable obstacle to you. Venus in opposition might indicate an unrequited love, or a partner, lover, or object of your desires who did you in. This person would be royal in some sense, because Leo is the sign of royalty. That doesn't necessarily mean they were literally a king or queen, but that they had a lot of power and standing within their social context.

In this particular case, the south node is in the seventh house and Venus is conjunct the north node from the twelfth house side of the AC, so we could be looking at a story of having many enemies. The indicators of the seventh house include open enemies, and the twelfth house, hidden enemies. Maybe you lived a life of intrigue and made many enemies. Venus, in that case, could represent a lover who betrayed you, or an unobtainable love interest who caused your downfall. I'm imagining something like a spy who seduces people for their secrets and then gets them killed. Or, since this is in the royal sign, maybe court intrigue, people trying to get their enemies done away with.

That, however, is just imagination. There are many possible interpretations.

aquarius7000

Wondering what my North Node conjunct the Rising and Venus in the 12th means...
Hi,

Tell me if any of the following resonates with you. That's how we learn.

The North Node shows the area (in terms of house and sign) where you are required to focus in order to grow and imbibe the qualities of the sign and house.

North Node in the first house denotes that you need to learn to be more self-confident, self-focused and independent. You need to learn to love yourself. You could be too wanting for others' confirmation about whether or not what you do, or how you are, is good enough or not. The Leo Asc., and the N. Node in the sign of Leo, reaffirms all of the aforementioned.

Venus in the 12th house could mean that you get the feeling that something could be happening behind your back in love relationships, or even with work colleagues (Taurus covers your 10th house, though MC falls in Aries). Venus in the 12th could also mean a tendency to try to make money through the 'back door'/ back-handed manner (in addition to the regular job). I know two people with the same placement of Venus that do so. Venus in Leo means that you love generously and like to have a pat on the back/praise for it.

aquarius7000

...I can't agree about the behind-the-back activity in love or in making money! More like love and career (Taurus 10th) have never taken off, which drives me insane being really work-oriented (Sun-Saturn & Cap moon) and being in-love-with-love. If the 12th is a house of losses then love and career have so far been at a loss. Maybe sorting them out is the task of this lifetime.
Firstly, thank you for the feedback. I do not see that your career hasn't taken off. If the time of your birth is correct, your chart shows your career axis, the MC, in Aries with Mars as its ruler, which is very strongly placed in Scorpio. Do you work form home or are involved in some sort of family business or have family associated with your work in some way? What is your profession?

What I clearly do see in your chart is a very ambitious person (Moon in Capricorn and trine Saturn), and one that wants to reach heights and be the boss (Leo Asc. and its ruler - the Sun in an exact trine to the Cap Moon). Social status and recognition are important to you.

May I also ask if your appearance is somewhat darkish?

I also see that, as a Virgo, you can be quite self critical and critical to a fault of circumstances and surroundings. With Capricorn and Virgo energies, satisfaction does not come easy, which often leads to a tendency of nagging and being rather critical. This is something you need to watch because this can stand in the way of your progress.

aquarius7000

Well embarrassingly, my career is has so far not developed too much, I know, even with my strong Mars. I am studying photography and would like to write, and yes I MUST work for myself, and from home. As Taurus is in the 10th, with Venus conjunct the node could this indicate that career is delayed and/or a major part of the life path?

Perfectionism and fear of failure or looking bad are problems for me.

I look darker than my family, I have a 'smokey' look as I have heard comes with the Node on the Rising. Even though I am very pale and have reddish brown hair, people think I am Spanish sometimes (I'm Irish).
The photography and writing parts are perfect career choices for you going by your natal chart. You career house ruler, Mars, is aspected by Venus (beauty, love for languages) and Venus is aspected by Mercury (passion for writing). So that is a great choice. Since your Mars (MC ruler) is in the 4th house (home) and conj. Uranus, I asked if you worked from home. You see Aries is often a sign that wants a lot of freedom, and Uranus conjunct its ruler, Mars doubles the effect, which means you want to work on your own terms and not a regular 9-to-5.

Now, to the delay in establishing your career, you have Saturn conjunct your Sun, which often accounts for a delay in the key areas of life, especially career (Saturn is the natural astro ruler of work).

Fear of failure can also be attributed to Saturn aspecting both your luminaries, the Sun and the Moon.

However, I will say that you are one of the lucky ones that has Jupiter also aspecting both your luminaries, especially your Sun, which rules your Asc., so is a key planet in your chart.

I do think the Virgo energy and Saturn conj. the Sun puts a damper on your self-confidence and does make you quite critical almost leading you to self-pity. One of your challenges in this life, with such an active Saturn, is to be patient and persist steadily - both Saturn virtues. If you forget to do that, you will be harming your ownself, whilst you go around criticizing your planets and destiny. Another thing for you to learn with Jupiter conj. your Sun and a Leo Asc. is to have self-confidence no matter what and look at the glass as half full, and appreciate all you do have. To be honest, I find that quite missing from all I have read. I don't think you have started on that path yet. Your N. Node in the first house also builds up the Leo Asc. challenge - be optimistic and confident - just like the energy of the Sun - that is what Leo is all about. Your call. Only you can help yourself with that. That is your calling in this life.

aquarius7000

Well thank you for that, I am glad you see the career interests as appropriate. With the Mars-Uranus conjunction I feel very rebellious and am attracted to new, innovative things, particularly in art, music, etc. (the Venus square).
Good astro interp. Sorry, but writing in between preparing lunch, etc, so not putting everything to paper, as they say.

Why did you ask about my appearance? People on this forum say the Node makes you tall and lanky I hear! Well I am now quite tall and lanky but was overweight for most of my life. Astrologers sometimes presume I have had anorexia with the Cap Moon in 6th house, but no, I was always overweight.
One never stops learning. I have an Aquarian Merc., and that on the Dsc., so like to learn (Merc.) more and more (Aqua) from input by others (Dsc. involved). I collect stats. instead of just learning from what others have written, so you are another one that has confirmed the 'darkish' appearance with the N Node in the first house.

As regards the Moon-Saturn and anorexia bit, that happens when one aspect in a chart is singled out and interpreted alone, instead of looking at the complete chart. See, in your case, Jupiter aspects both your Moon and your Sun. Now, the Sun being the ruler of your Asc. via Leo (which in any case is given to a bigger face & head - like the lion) along with Jup means that you could be large. The Moon (intake of food) being in aspect to Jupiter could mean that you may even binge-eat sometimes, especially during emotional problems (the Moon).

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Yep, it's emotional eating alright.

Just one question, I feel like the Venus in the 12th makes me shy regarding matters of self-expressiveness. However the node is in the 1st asking me to 'come out' in self-expression (also as its Leo it's OTT). I find it hard to balance this privacy need with the want to get attention. What do you think of this?
What makes you shy is the Virgo Sun and the Cap Moon. The effect is compounded by Saturn aspecting both. Yes, as said, the Leo Asc. and the LeoN. Node both want you to move towards expressing yourself confidently and optimistically.

rahu

Banned
Thanks Rahu for your detailed reply. The above is so true and explains a real conflict in my personality. Honestly I don't feel I have this vibrant physical and sexual attractiveness to others as you describe, with the Node maybe it's something I need to develop?

looking over you feedback to all your responses, I will add a certain depth psychology perspective that chose to omit.

nessus is square to your Lilith. nessus is a symbol of abuse and square to Lilith, it implies a very abusive childhood . venus conjunct the node is veryu often associated with abuse because your sexual aura was very strong at birth.you didn't have to wait until puberty, before the secondary sexual characteristics drew social/sexual attraction to you.

also the moon conjunct to eris/mars and opposed to orcus is another indication of sexual potential abuse.

quite frankly for you not to identify with your vibrant social/sexual aura means that you have subconsciously blocked this part of yourself. mercury conjunct pluto often shows repressed or block memories.
binge eating ,with the dynamics of your chart ,often shows an attempt to negate your sexual/social attractiveness . this is a response to not wanting the attention because of the abusive history associated with these aspects.

your lack of self esteem is also likely from your abusive childhood. sun/Saturn conjunction can add to low self esteem , but in your chart the moon trine to Saturn/sun would usually ameliorate these low feelings.

with the node on your ascendant, it is likely again that you are subconsciously negating these abilities because of their association with abusive conditions in childhood. I have to assume that these abilities are being repressed because very rarely has anyone with the node/Uranus square not immediately identified with astral/psychic experience/abilities .

I would suggest counseling with a therapist experienced in abusive dynamics. they might be able to isolate personality aspects that reflect a abusive history. a potential problem is that, as I mentioned, any abusive episodes could have begun in infancy and therefore escape you memory by repression.

rahu

Attachments

• astro_2gw_1981_nocturnal_74684_34683.jpg
    astro_2gw_1981_nocturnal_74684_34683.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 26

rahu

Banned
Well, suffice to say on this forum, Rahu, there is a lot of repression and I am currently working with a therapist (a really good one).

Thank you again for your insights, which I really do value.

I remember the psychic sensitivity as a child which I have turned off since then, as it became terrifying. Developing strong boundaries is major for me as I can absorb so much from any person I meet.

It is another thing, I know, to be an adult, to be able to handle those energies. I did mention in another post (re. someone else writing who had NN on Ascendant) that I sent Venus into hiding in the 12th. A logical survival strategy for the environment in which I grew up (it was not safe to be feminine). I had assumed the sexual sensitivity was due to Mars being in Scorpio. I never had people around me who reflected the same kind of intensity, everyone else seemed so lighthearted, so I tended to repress it. I suppose we don't get these natal positions by accident, though, do we?

I suppose we don't get these natal positions by accident, though, do we?[/

LOL no we don't. node on the ascendant by itself gives access to such immense knowledge that one must be a evolved soul.
thank you for your feedback

rahu