SOLVED: Day POF formula vs Night POF formula

sven555

Original Reference from here.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone,

So I thing I have noticed is that alot of people struggle to determine when to use the day formula to calculate the POF or when to use the night formula.
But there is a simple solution!!

When you next make a natal chart or horary chart you simply look out for the: HOUSE position of the SUN.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, so what houses determine which formula to use?

When the Sun is in... --> 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 --> Day Formula.
When the Sun is in... --> 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 --> Night Formula.

The ASC/DSC axis defines the horizon, and acts as the Sunrise/Sunset in the chart.
When the Sun moves from 1st house to 12th house, the Sun is rising so moving into daylight.
When the Sun moves from 7th house to 6th house, the Sun is setting(falling) so moving into nighttime.

Hope this helps everyone!
smiley.png
Save

Last edited:

Phoenix Venus

Hi. I am a firm believer that one should use the day formula for the part of fortune regardless of the time. I have seen it hold true in countless charts.

The simple reasoning is this:

The pof (As + Moon - sun) and its reverse formula, the part of soul or also considered the night formula (As + Sun - Moon) move around the zodiac in synch with the moon phases.

During a new moon the pof is always conjunct the ascendant and then it moves forward through the houses 1-6 to conjunct the descendant at the full moon. The part of soul starts at the ascendant and moves backwards through the houses 12-7 to reach the descendant at the full moon.

This interplay is entirely dependent upon the phases of the moon. Each part retains their inherent meaning based upon the role that they play in this "dance" or "pattern".

Please see my thread on the subject for more details:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?p=688081#post688081