Saturn/Shani in the 8th house

theV

Last edited by a moderator:

Witchyone

I was reading these Saturn in the 8th house articles:

[redirects to sex site so deleted - Moderator]

I wanted to ask if someone has Strn/8th placement because I want to know if we share same experience. Saturn in the 8th seems resistant to Pluto/Scorpio regenerative energy and like to keep the status quo through extreme control.

There was a new person in the Read My Chart thread commenting on issues with depression and asking about career paths, and I noticed he had Saturn in the 8th. Might want to take a look.

Last edited by a moderator:

sibylline

I wanted to ask if someone has Strn/8th placement because I want to know if we share same experience. Saturn in the 8th seems resistant to Pluto/Scorpio regenerative energy and like to keep the status quo through extreme control.

That's true but I haven't noticed this with you? How does it manifest for you?

RaRohini

Hi !
I would think of it like this. 8th house in itself is quite loaded with thoughts of life and death, beginnings and endings,inheritence, occult and energy exchanges. Now, Shani comes there to 'test' you !! It is like.. Haven't i had enough already ???

theV

Actually I find myself obstinate towards the scorpion energy of transformation and regeneration. I make things a lot of complicated than they are and Saturn creates in me obsession with controlling everything I do:

"[FONT=&quot]So, 8th House Saturn people can become bottomless pits of worry and fear, in this negative state, letting the feelings of doom cycle and cycle until they spin out of control. Yet, this really intense, overwhelming fear of being out of control leads to a deep compulsion to be in control of everything."

I take transformation and change seriously as it is a way of improving. My cycle of release and self reflection seems to lead to no where as if I am punching through a hard big rock and can't break through whatsoever.

On the other hand, I think Saturn tries to make me work hard to be perfect at art of healing and art of occult.

My chart is locomative and Saturn as leading in the 8th house. In fact, Saturn is most elevated planet in my birth chart.
[/FONT]

anjelik

I have Saturn in the 8th house (9th house cusp). My Saturn return was pretty rough. I can relate to the feeling of wanting to control of everything. I always figured this was because Pluto also is conjunct my Mars and Saturn so this adds to the need to control. I have often feltl restrained in many instances in my life. I have bouts of depression, but they don't last long. I would say they are more like feeling sorry for myself kind of feelings, but I snap out of it quickly and I wonder if that is because of Mars and Pluto pushing me forward. Not sure if this is what you're looking for!

theV

I have Saturn in the 8th house (9th house cusp). My Saturn return was pretty rough. I can relate to the feeling of wanting to control of everything. I always figured this was because Pluto also is conjunct my Mars and Saturn so this adds to the need to control. I have often feltl restrained in many instances in my life. I have bouts of depression, but they don't last long. I would say they are more like feeling sorry for myself kind of feelings, but I snap out of it quickly and I wonder if that is because of Mars and Pluto pushing me forward. Not sure if this is what you're looking for!

I also have Saturn almost in the 9th house, but the interpretation of Satrun 9th house doesn't resonate with me. My Equal/Whole Signs system put my Saturn in the 8th house.

In my vision, I would say Saturn return to the 8th house intensifies the need for transformation and the the struggle not able to. Saturn in the 8th return might lead to increasing debts, or financial crisis. Death of father is also possible with this period. Sexual frustrations and inhibitions need to be resolved. All this life scenarios push the individual to regenerate but the Saturn 8th seems to resistant creating frustration.

Wow Mars conjunct Pluto/Saturn :sad: sounds hard to deal with.

Thank you for sharing, I'm still 21 still far from Saturn return. But Tran Saturn in the 5th will square my Saturn in the 8th :unsure: I'm waiting to see how this one will be played out.

WHYNOT

Banned
I also have 8th house Saturn... The first time I ever saw an astrologer, some decades ago (in my 20's), she told me I'd be experiencing lots of emotional crises in my life...and yes that has certainly been true.

At my first Saturn return, I was forced to leave my marriage.."Forced" because for a long long time I tried to resist facing the truth about how I was really feeling (fear & control) until I started experiencing panic attacks from the nervous tension that had been building up. It was awful because I didn't know what was happening to me. In the end I had to let go.
My Saturn is square Pluto, which compounds the desperate need to control/resist change. Also, I am a Scorpio.

One thing I really notice is every time the transiting Moon makes a difficult angle to my Saturn, I REALLY feel it, as a sweeping depression..In fact these days if I feel really down for no explicable reason, then I check my ephemeris..- sure enough-it's the transiting Moon again, squaring or opposing my 8th house Saturn!
(- to say nothing about the other difficult Major transits I've experienced to my Saturn in my life.)

On my second Saturn return, my mother passed away.(only last year). Lots of very painful stuff to do with family .Still dealing with it now and feeling very ******* up..

I'm not afraid of my own death.
I must say, on the good side I am a bit more resilient than I was when younger.("what doesn't kill you, makes you strong")

(Interesting links above. That first one is rather grim & depressing to read)

Thanks TheV for bringing up this Topic and those links. I have often sought extra info, and I have read a lot about it , but those links I never came across before. Very helpful.

Last edited: