Sun & Moon Symbolizing Partners??

tokyo.lights

from the Astrotheme site.

In a woman's chart, the Sun usually symbolizes her father, and later on, her husband. The Sun is always active in the woman's personality and represents her ideal of man.

In a man's chart, although the Moon represents his sensitivity, she may be of a lesser importance, since she is often repressed. In addition, she symbolizes the chart owner's mother, and later on, his wife as well as his representation of the ideal woman.

I've seen similar things said elsewhere regarding aspects to these planets. Like Sun trine Saturn implies partners who are "solid and secure", while Moon squ/opp Mars might attract "argumentative/angry" mates. I have Jupiter, Saturn and Uranus aspecting my Sun, and it's very accurate :smile:

Using Paul Newman and Joanne Woodward as an example:
Paul's Moon is unaspected but is in Pisces conjunct(wide) Joanne's Sun.
Joanne's Sun aspects Venus, Jupiter, Saturn and Neptune. Paul's Ascendant is conjunct his Venus and Jupiter. Saturn is conjunct his MC.

virgo18

What you are exposing is a good theory. We know the Sun is the animus, and the moon is the anima.

Sun and Moon will not tell what we find physically attractive in a partner, but they will tell how we expect the opposite sex to be in matter of personality. They tell how we perceive our parental figures when we were little and in the journey of our life.

Lets say an example:
Moon in Aries: Will expect women to be active, independent, confrontative. (Because that's the way they perceive their mother)
A man with Moon in Pisces will expect all women to be sensitive, compassionate, delicate.
(because that's the way they perceive they mother)

But also we have to see the aspects. So lets say the guy with moon in aries has the moon trine venus and conjunct mercury. So that woman should be active, independent, confrontative, but also she has to be graceful, with good manners, dress well, and talks too much.
Let's say the guy with moon in pisces has moon trine pluto, and opposite mars. So he will expect women to be sensitive, compassionate, delicate, but powerful, and and with a temper!

Also this theory says that each applying aspect will describe one partner in particular, and mostly the ones we marry.

(The same applies to women but with their Sun)
I have Sun in Virgo conjunct Mars in virgo and Square Uranus in cap.
So I expect men to have Virgoan characteristics, but they must be confrontational, strong, and independent, but as I have a square with Uranus, I am attract to those who are negative characteristics of Uranus. Because that's the way I perceive the male figure in my early years.
In this case will also say that I will have 2 marriages: One with a Mars-Mercury personality and the other with an Uranus-Saturn one.

I say this theory works in a general way. Because the only thing that will describe the partners we finally marry, or we choose to build a committed relationship will be perfectly described with your 7th house ruler, position, and its aspects.

Moog

Animus/Anima sounds okay to me. As well as Father/Mother

I go with the Indians on partner sigs though.

For a man - Venus
For a woman - Jupiter