What aspects point to low self-esteem?

Zarathu

Account Closed
I hate to bring this up so far down the thread, but there are many many different kinds of low self esteem. Unless you define exactly what you mean by low self esteem, then there is no way that anyone can be sure that the measurement they found is accurate.

And, you have to see such a measurement if multiple ways: As Ivy Goldstein Jacobson said many times:

See it once-- maybe
See twice--- possibly
See it three times--- probably
See it four times or more--- certainty

Last edited:

Zarathu

Account Closed
imo these could indicate low self esteem:

chiron in aries
chiron in first or 2nd
afflicted saturn in 2nd
afflicted sun and and moon
sun in 12th

I have sun in the 12th, and I assure you that I do not have low self esteem. I wonder about the others. Astrology is way more complicated than this.

appleberry

Dunno if anyone else mentioned, but I was just reading Chiron in aspect to Venus is harsh.

I also have my own issues because of saturn square sun, and Saturn square ascendant.

lazarusx

Based on this thread, i would say im a classic example of someone with low self-esteem.

Sun in Cancer.

Sun/Chiron in 2nd House
Sun/Chiron Opposite Saturn
Sun/Chiron Opposite Neptune
Sun/Chiron Opposite Uranus
Sun Conjunct Chiron

Ouch! Theres alot of issues around feeling unloved or undeserving, and never been quite certain of yourself. But the lessons are usually invaluable, i take it in stride since its all i can really do.

princess valhalla

A detrimented planet ruling the 2nd house cusp can point to low or problems with self esteem, or Saturn ruling it.

Hmm. Interesting. Never thought about that. I do have a detriment mercury in Sagittarius ruling the 2nd house. But I also have Sun conjunct Neptune square Saturn. And yes I have always had self esteem issues. I have so much love for others, it's loving myself that is the problem. It's Definitely one of my major lessons in life.

gimzo23

From my own experience, Saturn conjunct Asc conjunct Mercury in the 1st. In my case, I think this gave me a lot of self-doubting and depressing trouble in my youth and more often than not a rather pessimistic thinking attitude towards things. A lot better today though. Maybe by getting older, Saturn return or whatever. :smile:

Claire19

Venus semi square Sun. Saturn to the Sun and Venus. Depends on the reason for it, if it is appearance then a challenged ascendant.

tokyo.lights

That great thread on Venus and Saturn made me wonder what aspects point to low self-esteem. The aspects that Venus make to Saturn and Neptune, but in your opinion what else
Sun in the 12th definitely. I have this and put the blame on growing up surrounded by adults whose Pluto opposed my Sun. That contact has a real debilitating influence on your identity. I've read in synastry Pluto is threatened by the Sun so destroys it in an attempt to rebuild it in a way it deems appropriate. Also it kind of brainwashes the Sun into believing it can't find success on its own. Which is very easy to do with a child. Sun in 12th feels as if the "real them" is never seen. There's an uphill battle in finding security on your own. But like everything in life, nothing is forever. Tough astro positioning is only permanent if you don't try to overcome it.

moonstark

Personally:

Sun semi sq venus
Ascendant sq saturn
Sun sq Pluto
Moon sq neptune
Chiron sq ascendant
Chiron opp saturn
Sun & Merc in the 12th
Venus conj Saturn

M

may28gemini

Sun-Saturn aspects may generate self-doubt early on in life because the ego relies on concrete examples of their abilities in order to believe in themselves. I think that when the native grows older, and esp. after the 1st Saturn's return, the native may have a stronger awareness of their worth/ego because by then, as they would have tested and witnessed their abilities.

Also, I think it really depends on the sign of Saturn because a debilitated Saturn that conjunct or trine the Sun can cast a bleak vibe which may be harder to lift than a dignified Saturn opposing or squaring the Sun..

Last edited: