Help with applying separating?

How relevant is applying and separating aspects in horary? and how can I tell if they are applying or separating?

I recently cast about a job.

Ie will i get this specific job at a specific company in 2013.

I have attached the screengrab.

I have been researching it all today and am finding it rather hard to fathom! I'm guessing the moon in the tenth is a good thing as it is a co-signifier (I work in media) ...chiron in tenth is that to do with a compulsive urge to acheive? That i need to look into? Or could it be I help others through my work?

However I think because I haven't grasped how I can tell where planets are moving to and effecting (is it by degrees?) I am not confident in my own interpretation? Please help!

Love a confused Saggi! :andy:

Attachments

• horary question job.jpg
    horary question job.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 50

Ace

From what I understand basically separating aspects are past occurences. I think more bearing is placed on applying aspects as those are coming to pass or more influential in a reading.

Generally speaking, I think where the moon is making contacts with the significators in the reading shows how the actions and how things are playing out between the planets and where it is situated in houses and house cusps. Interpretation and analysis comes with time and for sure I am still learning everyday just by looking at forums and seeing how other members interpret things. It may take time to get a response at times, but hang in there and someone eventually will :)

Aha! So separating is soley for past events that effect the outcome? Must be right otherwise it wouldn't be relevant at all in horary?

Thanks for your reply! yes hopefully someone will reply because i believe you can only cast once? I am a bit in awe of people that have mastered this because even with the most amount of googling and reading It still evades my brain box!:andy::happy:

Thanks again xxx

wintersprite1

Premium Member
The Moon is your Cosignificator. It is applying to the Lord of the 10th house Saturn almost immediately. Being a trine, this is a yes, and you should hear soon about it. The problems in this chart is that the Moon is always Perigine in Pisces... so she acts poorly. Saturn is in the Moon's detriment. And Mercury is also in Detriment but in a weird mutual reception with Jupiter also in detriment (ruler of Pisces where the Moon is) This looks like a weak yes, but not anything that is to your favor. You may be offered a lesser offer, or less pay, or just end up disliking the outcome or change your mind.

TK

Thanks Wintersprite! :happy:

You have no idea how long I have been crossing my eyes trying to work it out! In detriment means in a house that doesn't fit the planet right?

On a side note how long did it take you to master horary astrology? xx

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Detriment is when a planet is in the opposite sign than her ruler sign... so Moon is in detriment in Capricorn or Sun is in detriment in Aquarius... and so on. The planet in detriment is likened to being weak, hurt, or in pain, basically not much good for that planet happening. Most serious Horarist use traditional rulership (and those planets) So sometimes it can get confusing with those using newer methods. I have had more accurate readings with the traditional method, but great horarist like Goldstien-Jacobson have had luck with modern interpretations.

I won't be an expert in this lifetime, there is always more to learn. If you are serious about learning Skyscripts offers an online course that is excellent.

TK

Thank you for your explanation and guidance it's slowly clicking into place:andy: . Yes I will certainly have a look at Skyscripts I had a quick look today so I will definitely explore more on your recommendation. I hope to be able to return the favour one day!

XX

Ace

You're welcome!

I'm glad wintersprite1 chimed in and good to see you found some tutorials which can be found on this forum (links) and other members have posted some useful information on interpretations. This place is a great resource for you to learn and hone your skills :)

I know the separating aspects are solely for the past actions (as far as what I have been reading).

I am also in awe of horary and it's not certainly easy. There's always something new and each chart casted will always be different no matter what. I try to post my charts and try to analyze each one, yet sometimes I find myself being bias to the interpretation so I request other members to present any other insights I may have missed or misinterpreted.

Best of luck and I'm sure with time and effort you'll continue to improve!

Update: I got this job! Don't think we got to the bottom of it on this thread but maybe useful for those learning to look at :) x