People act like aging is the worst thing that can happen LOL

Bunraku

As usual 0 positivity when it comes to the elderly :lol:
This thread turned to worship of youthful celebrities very quickly

Bunraku

Here's a 100 year old billionaire schooling all you youngins on business and life.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AIYPu4MFLl4

If I don't get senile and still can walk without a cane when I get to my 80s (big if), then I'd consider that a victory.

He’s like 100 years old.
If I’m that age I’d mind my own business and smoke and drink to my hearts content at a privately purchased island :lol:

I guess hating keeps him alive? :lol:

Bunraku

I agree.
But I simply cannot be bothered at that age anymore
Unless I’m making the type of money he is

Also what’s retirement gonna be like when humans retire but end up living a very long time? Money has to run out eventually. Kids aren’t being born at a fast enough to replace the labor in some countries.

conspiracy theorist

Some countries aren't contending with those questions, whether fortunately or unfortunately. Money is in short supply, and the kind of social welfare that is enjoyed in the US isn't the same worldwide. Here, so many people go through their entire working life without any contributions to pension funds -- unless you're fortunate to work for a company who provides that option, are affluent and/or financially savvy, you're pretty much caught with your pants down after you hit retirement age. Perhaps this is why the role of family and close-knit community is so important in said cultures, which you could say is an informal social welfare.

Last edited:

wan

I am not afraid of aging, in fact I welcome it. I can't wait till the day I don't have periods anymore.

Bunraku

I can see it. But I’m seeing a trend... those family members who say “but faaaamily” are so shitty to their kids that the kids bounce :lol: what then?

everyone these days on TikTok is coming out with their own story about it.
social media made it easier to access ideas that people have formulating.

wan

***** TikTok, but I am basically in the same boat. I have the famous Moon square Pluto so you know the family situation is all ****** up.
I thought your Pluto was in Sag and your Moon in Aqua, how could they form a square? Is your Pluto in very early Sag and your Moon really late?

conspiracy theorist

Eh, I'm not going to pretend that I don't have a hand in affairs. I've basically been the proactive detacher in every situation. Not just parents. About the only family that I can consider such are my brothers. Nobody else.

Some people should definitely wait until they hit their 30s before they think about conceiving.

Bunraku

My parents are from the boomer generation who took advantage of what the economy had to offer. I always say that they’re the last generation who can afford retirement and benefits.

They’re both born under lucky stars (Jupiter) and earth Mars.

conspiracy theorist

My parents are from the boomer generation who took advantage of what the economy had to offer. I always say that they’re the last generation who can afford retirement and benefits.

They’re both born under lucky stars (Jupiter) and earth Mars.

You told me some of the stories. They sound a little eccentric, but sweet. I'm not going to fault anyone for taking advantage of opportunities that were presented to them. And I guess it's understandable that the average person at the time wouldn't be doing a whole SWOT analysis on how their children would be affected by the then booming economic situation.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Tell me your Venus is at early Sag. I got Sun as well as Venus in early Leo.

Do you have anything sexy touching my Mars at 25 Gemini? Other than your Moon, I mean.

It's early Capricorn -- the most boring-est sign of the zodiac.

Mars is at 28 Sagittarius, and ascendant is 26 Sagittarius - so that Mars is on my descendant.

My Saturn would be on your ascendant though... wouldn't that cramp you out?