Ascendant Change in Progressed Chart

Arian Maverick

I believe that I have created this new board in the right place, since Radu's new description for the Natal & Predictive Astrology reads thus: "Talk about your own, your friends' or celebrities' natal charts and the past, current or future astrological influences on them. However, if I am mistaken, I ask that this post please be moved into its proper category.

With that formal but necessary statement out of the way, I have recently gained interest in progressed charts and would like to learn how to interpret them. I find it interesting that I should be led to this discovery during the period of time in which my progressed Ascendent is at 0 degrees Picses--the first progressed Ascendent change I have ever experienced. Should I expect a renewed focus on spirituality?

I am also interested in that Kite Formation with apex Mercury in Taurus opposite a tight Moon/Pluto conjunction in Scorpio...here is Sabian symbol for the opposite point of apex Mercury:

230__(20°)
WOMAN FLINGS OPEN DARK CURTAINS CLOSING SACRED PATHWAY Courage needed to enlarge sphere of being. Readiness to press beyond self. The "woman" within, opening the gates to Spirit.
___*When positive, the degree is the psychological indomitability with which the human spirit plunges ahead in every new adventure of accomplishment, and when negative, a personality debased by fatuous self-exhibition.

...and this is the Sabian symbol for the opposite point of the T-square:

45__(15°)
MAN WITH RAKISH SILK HAT, MUFFLED, BRAVES THE STORM Supremacy of conscious mind over brute nature forces. Full appreciation of outer difficulties. Great inner resources.
___*When positive, the degree is a superb aplomb arising from the constant rediscovery of greater powers latent in selfhood, and when negative, marked insensibility to all deeper impulses and complete surrender to superficial self-interest

This is the same polar degree of my one of my natal chart's yods, being reemphasized by progression...but what does it all mean? :?

Aquarian Maverick

sita

Hey, Mav,
Can you pop up your natal for purposes of comparison?

I'm totally getting into progressions, too. Spent most of the night playing with my own and my boyfriends. What I've found in my progressed makes so much sense to me about all the crazies I/we are experiencing. I feel the progressed chart holds validity for me.

Uranus in the 8th and Pluto in the 7th are hot issues for me now, and it was good to see that with a progression because it was stuff I was experiencing, but couldn't get a grip on. Big changes all around... lately I've been noticing I don't even recognize myself anymore and am letting go of who I was, over and over and over. It's strange.
The transformation has begun.

I didn't look at your chart for long enough, but I did notice an eighth house pluto moon conjunction opp merc, also. Also noticed that Aries sun creeping into Taurus, which solidifies the Arien agenda. I'd be interested in hearing about what you notice with your changes.

Sita

Ps: I drew that same Scorpio 20 sabain last night

wilsontc

Staff member
Conjunction to North node

Maverick,

One thing I notice is that your Progressed (inner world) Ascendant (self) is moving closer to conjuncting (energy is combined with) your Pisces (spiirituality) North node (future goals), indicating that on an inner level you are moving closer to being in contact with your spiritual goals. Since this is the first time by progression the Ascendant has been in the same sign as the North node, the effect of the conjunction has now changed and become more intense.

Making progress,

Tim

Elianah

I believe that part of the ASC's function is how you project your instinctual self out into the world. There are times that we do not recognize the autopilot-ness of the instinctual self because our conscious persona usually believes it has our instinctual self under control. During a progressed change-over, our conscious persona may find itself "scratching its head," so to speak, because there are instinctual behaviors coming out it never even dreamed it had.

Now, depending on where your actual ASC lies, you may have had a little practice with this new sign over the course of your lifetime and just do not recognize it because it was the hidden energetic source within the 1st house. Think of what Pisces might bring out in a person with that sign on the ASC, including its co-rulers and its natural house. Which of those traits and behaviors are the easiest to go into an autopilot mode when they are coming from the instinctual. Then think of the times where you found yourself thinking "why did I do that? That is so un-me!" This could be where the hidden Pisces in your 1st came out and may have broadsided you.

Right now you are in that boundary change area going forward as the Ages go in reverse. You have the capability at this moment, if you choose to use it, to educate others about what it means to be in a twilight period and how to best draw from both signs to help improve the world. As the progressed chart's ASC moves closer to the degree of your natal ASC, you may be able to observe more of how Pisces is coloring your natal ASC, making it feel more watery than airy. Learn to take the best from your soujourn into Pisces to allow your instinctual Aguarius energy to become more conscious of itself.

Elianah

wilsontc

Staff member
Progressed Ascendant moving TOWARD natal Ascendant?

Elianah,

You said:
As the progressed chart's ASC moves closer to the degree of your natal ASC...

I am confused about what you mean here. The progressed Ascendant represents the gradual moving of the Ascendant AWAY from its natal position over time. The progressed chart's Ascendant is moving closer to the degree of the NORTH NODE, not the Ascendant. In this case, Beth's natal Ascendant is in Aquarius, so her progressed Pisces Ascendant is PAST the position of her natal Aquarian Ascendant.

Confused,

Tim

Kite

Hello Piscean Maverick 8)

You said:

I am also interested in that Kite Formation with apex Mercury in Taurus opposite a tight Moon/Pluto conjunction in Scorpio...here is Sabian symbol for the opposite point of apex Mercury:

I don't see a t-square unless you are looking at Juno at 26 Sabian Leo. It's a pretty wide orb but I personally feel t-squares should have larger orbs than the square or opposition on its own. The opposite of the apex point would be 26 Aquarius though which reads:

326__(26°)
A GARAGE MAN IS SEEN READY TO TEST THE BATTERY OF A CAR Capacity of self to take up and deliver spiritual power. Controlled release of power through the emotions. Measurement.
___*When positive, the degree is exceptional ability in manipulating the fundamental complexities of living, and when negative, self-defeating worry over trifles.

For the kite, I would look at the apex degree which in this case is 20 Taurus (even though we are being pretty liberal here with the vertex as part of the kite :wink: )

50__(20°)
WISPS OF CLOUDS,LIKE WINGS,ARE STREAMING ACROSS THE SKY Exalted state of consciousness; lightness and breadth of being and understanding. Mystical and ecstatic self-expansion.
___*When positive, the degree is efficiency in controlling events at any point of transition or crisis, and when negative, a diffusion of self and waste of energy in an attempt to grasp the myriad facets of the unessential.

(Liberal) Kite

Arian Maverick

I don't see a t-square unless you are looking at Juno at 26 Sabian Leo. It's a pretty wide orb but I personally feel t-squares should have larger orbs than the square or opposition on its own.

Sorry about that Kite...I always seem to confuse T-squares and the triangular configuration on top of a Grand Trine that completes the Kite configuration :?

For the kite, I would look at the apex degree which in this case is 20 Taurus (even though we are being pretty liberal here with the vertex as part of the kite )

Liberal works for me...although I have progressed out of my Aquarian phase so to speak, I am still an Aquarian at heart :mrgreen:

Aquarian Maverick

C Jayne

Dear AqMav,

I've been doing Progressed charts a long, long time -- principally my own, but occasionally those of other people. In broad terms, here's what I've found:

Create two charts for yourself -- your progressed,and your transits.

Look at the house position of your progressed Moon, and the house position of Transiting Saturn. This tells you the arena (arenas? arenae?) of what you'll be dealing with. For instance, if you've got Progressed Moon in the second house and Transiting Saturn in the fourth house, you'll have some personal activity and some financial activity.

On my own charts, they are always opposites -- it's always third house and ninth house or fourth and tenth. On my husband's charts it's always the same house -- Progressed Moon and Transiting Saturn tend to work in tandem on his chart, which is interesting because his natal chart has a stellium. He says maybe this is why he doesn't multi-task well -- because he has the stellium and then, for him, just one thing happens, first house or third house or whatever.

Anyway, changing Ascendant sign is a big deal. When I was 18 -- fed up with living in my little town -- my progressed Ascendant hit Sagittarius just at the time when my progressed Moon crossed over into Sagittarius. After all those months of having Progressed Moon in my twelfth house, now suddenly it was in my first house, and with all that Sagittarius stuff, I was ready to roll! I hit the road, left home and moved away 1000 miles from parents, friends and everything I'd known. It was a great adventure! But now, more than 30 years later, it is still in Sagittarius, so obviously I didn't spend the entire next thirty-some years travelling, exactly, although I have been on a spiritual path.

When my brother's Ascendant moved into Capricorn, his whole life became more serious, more responsible.

With yours moving into Pisces, I would expect both confusion and healing and experimentation of all kinds --not just the irresopnsible stuff but also learning about new things.

I'm an Aquarian (Sun), so my Progressed Sun moved into Pisces a number of years ago. It's finally going to go into Aries in the next couple years. I'm looking forward to it -- my chart is sort of tangled, and I'm hoping I will get a clearer sense of purpose when my Progressed Sun makes its move.

In my experience with my own chart, the subtleties of having the Progressed Sun or Moon square or trine some other Progressed planet is not all that significant. For me, what has been significant is the conjunct and sometimes the opposition to a Natal planet. Read it like a transit. If you have a bunch of things happening with your Midheaven on your Progressed chart, look at see if you have second house (money) or tenth house (career) activities on your Transiting chart.

I got married the first time when Progressed Venus rolled over and sat on my Natal Moon, just as my Progressed Moon moved into my Seventh house and Uranus conjuncted my Natal Venus and Natal Mars conjunction. All these romantic influences all at one time -- and yet, interestingly, the marriage didn't work out.

Was this too long winded? I hope it helped.

C Jayne

C Jayne

Hi--

Just a post script--

I have my own little way of doing charts, which is more understandable for me.

I have created charts for myself (sheets of paper which may be duplicated). They have only the signs. I add on the planets, Ascendant and Midheaven, and note the house positions around the edges. I can set two of these charts side by side and compare them easily. At a glance it's clear how far Progressed Sun has moved from its original position -- or whatever -- because the fields for the signs do not move.

On the backs of the sheets I make my notes about things like Perpetual Noon Date. This becomes important when I want to obsess about some little aspect that might affect my life. I can figure out precisely the date when two planets will conjunct, or enter a Progressed house, or whatever they're going to do.

Just a thought.

C Jayne

MidnightDevil

Hi,

I felt like sharing my opinion about progressed charts.

I tried to get into "previsions" using progressed charts, not transits, not outter previsions, but inner behaviours.

Things changed a lot for me lately, I've checked my progressed chart and my behaviour matches it a lot.

First, my asc. progressed into Geminis (falls natally in Taurus), this induced me to say a lot of stuff! lol. My curiosity is awaken more than ever, a little bit of more rational and intellectual thinking, words DO come easy, and I don't mind saying a lot of stuff in a row :D

My sun sign also progressed into aries, besides all the above, my communication is very direct, and a more "earth" view of most situations and I want to feel free... freeeeee....freeeeeeeeeee :D oh! And I do socialize a lot more!

This is the most interesting points, and believe me, its impossible to dont notice them!

Arian Maverick

Thanks for the great replies, everyone! :mrgreen:

Dear AqMav,

I've been doing Progressed charts a long, long time -- principally my own, but occasionally those of other people. In broad terms, here's what I've found:

Create two charts for yourself -- your progressed,and your transits.

Look at the house position of your progressed Moon, and the house position of Transiting Saturn. This tells you the arena (arenas? arenae?) of what you'll be dealing with. For instance, if you've got Progressed Moon in the second house and Transiting Saturn in the fourth house, you'll have some personal activity and some financial activity.

I have my progressed moon in my Eighth House of Scorpio and transiting Saturn almost exactly on my Descendent in Leo...that's some combination! :twisted:

Anyway, changing Ascendant sign is a big deal. When I was 18 -- fed up with living in my little town -- my progressed Ascendant hit Sagittarius just at the time when my progressed Moon crossed over into Sagittarius. After all those months of having Progressed Moon in my twelfth house, now suddenly it was in my first house, and with all that Sagittarius stuff, I was ready to roll! I hit the road, left home and moved away 1000 miles from parents, friends and everything I'd known. It was a great adventure! But now, more than 30 years later, it is still in Sagittarius, so obviously I didn't spend the entire next thirty-some years travelling, exactly, although I have been on a spiritual path.

When my brother's Ascendant moved into Capricorn, his whole life became more serious, more responsible.

With yours moving into Pisces, I would expect both confusion and healing and experimentation of all kinds --not just the irresopnsible stuff but also learning about new things.

Wow, that was some reaction to your progressived Ascendent sign-change! I'm a bit apprehensive about starting this new phase of my life...will I still retain my innate Aquarian characteristics? It's become such a large part of my identity that I'm afraid to exchange masks, so to speak :?

Aquarian Maverick

P.S. I have transiting Chiron conjunct my Ascendent...how can I interpret this?

C Jayne

Aquarian Maverick said:
I have my progressed moon in my Eighth House of Scorpio and transiting Saturn almost exactly on my Descendent in Leo...that's some combination! ...

Dear AqMav,

Let's see. I'll offer my answer to the last one first --

[/quote]...will I still retain my innate Aquarian characteristics? :? [/quote]

Yes. I have a Scorpio Ascendant, and I'm still an intense person. My Ascendant opposes Jupiter, and now my Progressed Ascendant is in Sagittarius (ruled by Jupiter) , so the lines are a little blurred here, since I started out my life with a predisposition towards acting rather Sagittarian. But my brother has a Scorpio Ascendant also, and he's still pretty intense. Having your Progressed Ascendant move into another sign just means your experience of things will change, a bit. You'll go for something different -- be oriented around a goal which might not have interested you in the past.

Let's look at this thing altogether --

Progressed Moon in the 8th -- (1) ready to let go of stuff you're finished with and (2) oriented around merging your energies with somebody to have a financial partnership or a sexually-based partnership.

Transiting Saturn in the 6th, heading into the 7th -- you've been knocking yourself out, working really hard at whatever has been your focus, and soon (7th house) your focus will subtley change. You could find yourself interested, in the next couple years (Saturn will be in the 7th for a year or two) in marriage.

Meanwhile, your Progressed Ascendant is moving into Pisces, which is a big move, and so you might suddenly be open to things you previously would have thought were outrageous, foolish, confused or silly. You'll be ready to experiment in ways previously uninteresting to you.

Follow your heart in all you do, meditate, and pray a little, and you'll be fine.

-- C Jayne

Arian Maverick

Progressed Moon in the 8th -- (1) ready to let go of stuff you're finished with and (2) oriented around merging your energies with somebody to have a financial partnership or a sexually-based partnership.

Transiting Saturn in the 6th, heading into the 7th -- you've been knocking yourself out, working really hard at whatever has been your focus, and soon (7th house) your focus will subtley change. You could find yourself interested, in the next couple years (Saturn will be in the 7th for a year or two) in marriage.

I'm not even seventeen years old yet! :oops:

Meanwhile, your Progressed Ascendant is moving into Pisces, which is a big move, and so you might suddenly be open to things you previously would have thought were outrageous, foolish, confused or silly. You'll be ready to experiment in ways previously uninteresting to you.

Well, a year ago I never thought that I'd be seriously using astrology as a means for self-analysis :lol:

As always, thank you for your thoughtful and informative answers, C Jayne! I just hope that I don't grow up too fast... :wink:

Aquarian Maverick

C Jayne

Aquarian Maverick said:
I just hope that I don't grow up too fast... :wink:

AqMav--

Fore warned is fore armed! Yes, it's good to keep some perspective -- I knew you were pretty young!

Here's a little more insight: if your chart says you might get married in the next year or so, that doesn't mean your chart won't give you any more chances! So if opportunity comes pounding at your door and you feel unsure about how to respond, don't let yourself get pressured into anything!

--C Jayne