Are there any other "Sun conjunct DC" people out there?

greybeard

Roughly one in every twelve people have "Sun conjunct the Descendant."

Wouldn't that "how do you feel about it?" depend an awful lot on sign?

Darn, now we're down to one person in every one hundred forty-four.....

I wonder if being a man or a woman makes it feel different.

That probably brings us to one person in every two hundred eighty-eight.

Then of course, if we're talking about the Sun, we should probably look at the Moon...
And there is the lord of the sign the Sun and Descendant are in...
And the aspects to the conjunction.

Not to mention the overall tone of the chart as a whole...

At this rate, I think it will be hard to reach a concensus.

greybeard

The point of my condescending (apart from the fact that I delight in tearing the wings off flies) is that ....well, I gave a few examples of all the variables involved.

Granted, I expanded the idea of conjunction somewhat... so then, I will amend my 1:12 to 1:18, which is in accord with your 20/360. And among your hundreds of charts, did you miss Hitler, Jung, ...

MantisReligiosa, posting to another thread on this forum, said:
There are quite a few famous people who had Sun opposite Asc, like Bruce Willis(a Sun in Pisces, Asc in Virgo, with Sun in 7th, like me), Adolf Hitler(Sun in 7th), Prince William(Sun in 7th), Mel Gibson(Sun in 6th), Osho(Sun in 6th), Stephen Arroyo(Sun in 7th), Vivien Leigh(Sun in 7th), John McCain(Sun in 7th), Nicolaus Copernicus(Sun in 7th, also Sun in Pisces, Asc in Virgo), Heather Locklear(Sun in 7th), Billy Corgan( Sun in 7th, also Pisces-Virgo), Lisa-Marie Presley(Sun in 7th), Antonio Vivaldi(sun in 6th, also Pisces-Virgo) and, well, etc...

On a roulette wheel there are 36 numbers (yes, I'm ignoring the green ones), half red and half black. So the odds are 1 in 2 times black will show up with the little marble. But I have seen black come up 18 times in a row. The odds are statistical (mathematical) probabilities, but each spin of the wheel is a specific and individual occurence, not governed by the probabilities.

The odds are 1 in 18 occurences of Sun conjunct Descendant, given the ten degree orb you allow. But, like the roulette wheel, you could look at hundreds of charts and never see a single occurrence. But take the mass of humanity (with around 7 billion living instances) and you will find that one in every eighteen persons has Sun conjunct Descendant.

And "how you feel about it" will not be the same in any two of those instances (possibly excepting a very few almost identical horoscopes) because of the factors I mentioned, and many others.

I wonder if Sun conjunct Descendant makes a person thin skinned? I haven't read that in any book, but my personal experience with people with that position (I have met only one, out of the thousands of charts I have studied....glad to meet you) leads me to consider that possibility.

I put forward some astrological facts for your consideration. {deleted comment by moderator}
My guess is that a person with Sun conjunct Descendant finds relationship central to his or her life in some fashion (true of all of us, of course, but emphasized in this case.) I found that reading Jeddu Krishnamurti's little book Think on These Things, in which he explains his philosophy of the mirror of relationships, was quite illuminating. You might enjoy that book. And Jeddu is not condescending, all praise be to Allah.

Last edited by a moderator:

fullmoonlibra

I know someone with sun aquarius conjunct DC in 7th.
She has Leo ASC, and with Sun at DC, she is a very shiny, happy, outgoing person who likes to sing and dance with friends :smile:
The sign where Sun is in shows how you 'shine'..

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Just a note asking everyone to stay on topic and not to personally attack another member if not agreeing with what was being said. This particular thread started with one sentence asking what people thought of one aspect and no other guidance, a variety of answers is to be expected.