calling all capricorn ascendant's!!

PD187540

Wow, PD187540! Sounds like the ruler of your 4th is heavily afflicted right now! It should definitely do nicely to get away from it all.

Expect to feel tempermental, as well, by the way. My patience wore thin easily and I am a VERY patient and understanding person. Trouble just seemed to stay in my back pocket, too. Everywhere I went it seemed someone was fighting, or there was a robbery or a car accident or something.

Pluto in the first is also physically debilitating. So pay attention to your health, particularly your bones and teeth. I have broken my front tooth a few times now since 2009 and now with no dental insurance, it is staying that way until I can afford to fix it.

Can you post your chart so I can peek at it?

The ruler of my 4th would be Venus (Taurus on 4th house cusp), but I don't think it's that afflicted. Well, Neptune is opposing it (or has just opposed it, not sure).

Speaking of my teeth, I went to the dentist for the first time in 6 years in December haha. I have mild gum disease, and only one cavity in a back wisdom tooth. That's not bad at all for not having been to the dentist for that lengthy period of time! I have to go back next month for part 2 of the cleaning.

The only thing I didn't like was that my dentist wanted to refer me to an oral surgeon because I have a tooth that came down on top of two other teeth. I completely rejected her advice because it's been this way for over 10 years already, and it's not bothering me, so why fix it?? If it ever (knock on wood) starts to act up, that's when I'll take care of it. She also suggested that I yank out the wisdom tooth with the cavity in it rather than filling the cavity there, but again, it's not bothering me and I'd rather have it filled than yanked.

My chart's on my profile page by the way :)

gkudria

PD......I could not find your chart on your profile. Maybe I'm not looking for it correctly because I am new to using this site. But your chart sounds similar to mine so I just wanted to see it.

PD187540

It's in the Albums section. But no worries! I'll post it right here. Let me know what you think is similar between our charts.

Attachments

• Natal Chart.jpg
    Natal Chart.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 37

PD187540

And I don't know how much of a difference the equal house system makes, but here's my equal house chart, too.

Attachments

• My Natal Chart (equal houses).jpg
    My Natal Chart (equal houses).jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 30

gkudria

PD....there are some similarities. Our mercuries are on the same spot within 2* but yours is retrograde. I'm guessing you might be just as analytical as I am. And having a stellium of sorts in your 8th house is pretty Scorpionic-I have this as well but with 2 different planets. Your moon sits on my Chiron and your north node is on my mars. Plus we both have Neptune in that twelfth house. So you might just be one of those types that feels stronger alone rather than in a relationship or you can heal yourself just by using thoughts to manifest it. And with your Jupiter conjunct Uranus in your 11th, I bet you are lucky with VIPs and friends and they may even help land you a sweet job with a good income. And the eclipses this and last year touched those points, right? You should message me because I am curious what happened for you around November 25th last year. Oh, and we have the same MC points just about. And how's your Saturn return going for you? Are you the guy in charge of things at work or what?

Jucy

PD187540 Where's your chart? I couldn't find it. Okay (just saw your posting above). Wow, that's a dynamic chart, to say the least!
Also, I wonder if you being in your Saturn Return has anything to do with what you're experiencing. I would also be curious to know what your fixed stars are. :)

Last edited:

PD187540

PD....there are some similarities. Our mercuries are on the same spot within 2* but yours is retrograde. I'm guessing you might be just as analytical as I am. And having a stellium of sorts in your 8th house is pretty Scorpionic-I have this as well but with 2 different planets. Your moon sits on my Chiron and your north node is on my mars. Plus we both have Neptune in that twelfth house. So you might just be one of those types that feels stronger alone rather than in a relationship or you can heal yourself just by using thoughts to manifest it. And with your Jupiter conjunct Uranus in your 11th, I bet you are lucky with VIPs and friends and they may even help land you a sweet job with a good income. And the eclipses this and last year touched those points, right? You should message me because I am curious what happened for you around November 25th last year. Oh, and we have the same MC points just about. And how's your Saturn return going for you? Are you the guy in charge of things at work or what?

Oh WOW, I can't believe I missed this message from 10 months ago! I'm very sorry GK! :crying: Better late than never though! It's a very long story actually, and this ties into Jucy's response above, too, so I'll try my best to address you both right here.

First, I am the type that feels stronger alone. In fact, I'm a hermit by nature...preferring to remain solitary in my spare time. As much as I'm a socialite at heart, I just feel the need to be alone to recharge my batteries, so to speak. As far as getting in good with VIPs and friends, my solitary nature has caused me to have few friends, believe it or not.

Last year, November 25th, I sent in my deposit to a Master's degree program in Philadelphia (which I withdrew from last month in order to take a job back home in New York...more on that below). Let me know exactly what points you speak of, too, and how they're manifesting for you.

PD187540 Where's your chart? I couldn't find it. Okay (just saw your posting above). Wow, that's a dynamic chart, to say the least!
Also, I wonder if you being in your Saturn Return has anything to do with what you're experiencing. I would also be curious to know what your fixed stars are. :)

Hi Jucy! Ok, so as far as my Saturn Return return went, I withdrew from my Master's degree program after only one semester to move back home to New York for a job. The pay is decent (same average pay that my job as a Pathology Assistant usually pays). But what's really funny, and this occurred very strongly TODAY, is that I had these pangs of "why am I still doing this??????"

I graduated college in 2006 with a bachelor's degree specifically in this medical field. Since then, I've been through like 4 jobs feeling unsatisfied. I also went through 3 graduate-level programs, and STILL felt unsatisfied. So I thought to myself, "OK, perhaps it's time to just stop going for more education and start working." That feeling is what lead me to drop out of my Master's to start a new job.

Now that I've been in this job for 4 weeks already, I feel like it's the "same old, same old stuff". Truthfully, my interests have leaned towards science and medicine (the left-brain kind of stuff). Nowadays (especially today), I feel like something's telling me to take greater risks and do something more right-brained (like on the creative side of things).

What that is, I have NO idea. In the past, I've been interested in writing and acting. But who knows how to really pursue any of that. Ultimately, I'm the type to have to want some sort of formalized training in order to get a job or to start a career. If I can get some sort of training in a "right brain" field, I think I just might like that a lot. Even though I'm doing alright in my current job, I still feel like it won't be fulfilling enough for me down the road.

As far as creative careers go, I think I have some hidden talent in SOMETHING. I know I'm a very good writer (and have been told so). Also, people have randomly told me that I should go into voice acting or comedy, but that's just third-party observations. With my chart, I noticed some creativity-juiced up aspects:

Moon trine Venus, Moon Trine Mars, Moon trine Neptune, Venus trine Neptune, Mars trine Neptune. Venus and Mars are both in Leo in the 8th House. Venus and Mars are both sextiling Pluto as well. My Libra Sun and Venus Leo are in mutual reception. The ruler of my Taurus 5th House is Venus in Leo making the above aspects.

So to sum up, I think what I just stated above indicates some very creative talent. But WHAT could it be?!? As far as I know, I don't think this really relates to a healthcare career anymore. Yeah, my north node is in the 6th House of Health/Service, but it's in Gemini (whose ruler Mercury is in Virgo in the 8th trining my Cap Ascendant.). I'm feeling a COMMUNICATION theme here going on, and that's not being adequately supported in my current line of work. All I do is cut up organs all day in solitude while describing what I see into a microphone (which is my favorite part of the whole job...the talking into the machine, making believe that people are hearing me). As far as being the guy in charge, I am and I'm not. I'm more of the middle man (performing my work independently, while always being supervised or having to report to someone higher than me, which I don't personally like to do....I prefer being the one in charge, which has lead to some heavy power struggles in my past).

Any insight you two can give me would be great!!!!

Last edited:

PD187540

Oh, and here are my fixed stars according to Bernadette Brady PDF through astro.com. What this all means is Greek to me, since I haven't read up on the meanings of fixed stars.

Your heliacal rising star: Alphard (25 days earlier)
Your heliacal setting star: Markab (1 day earlier)

Stars at Natal Horizon or Meridian
Saturn (Cul, 0°14'), Facies (Rise, 0°04'), Hamal (LCul, 0°15'), Thuban (Cul, 0°20')

Stars Rising ("Stars of Your Youth")
Sun Alkes (Rise-Rise, 0°07'), Diadem (Rise-Rise, 0°25')
Moon Spica (Set-Rise, 0°10')
Venus Mars (Rise-Rise, 0°29'), Markab (Set-Rise, 0°01'), Vega (Cul-Rise, 0°16')
Mars Venus (Rise-Rise, 0°28')
Jupiter Alpheratz (Cul-Rise, 0°28',cp)
Saturn Facies (Cul-Rise, 0°18')

Stars in Culmination ("Stars of Your Prime")
Sun Alpheratz (LCul-Cul, 0°28',cp)
Saturn Hamal (LCul-Cul, 0°02')
Mean Node Capella (Cul-Cul, 0°05'), Ras Algethi (LCul-Cul, 0°21'), Rigel (Cul-Cul, 0°21')

Stars Setting ("Stars of Your Latter Years")
Sun Ras Algethi (LCul-Set, 0°12')
Moon Altair (Cul-Set, 0°07'), Procyon (LCul-Set, 0°10'), Vindemiatrix (Rise-Set, 0°13'), Alpheratz (Set-Set, 0°15',cp)
Venus Mirach (Cul-Set, 0°09',cp), Sadalsuud (Rise-Set, 0°21')
Mars Sadalsuud (Rise-Set, 0°07')
Jupiter Alnilam (Rise-Set, 0°04')

Stars in Lower Culmination ("The Hearthstone of Your Life")
Mercury El Nath (Set-LCul, 0°20')
Saturn Hamal (Cul-LCul, 0°01'), Deneb Adige (Rise-LCul, 0°23',cp)
Mean Node Capella (LCul-LCul, 0°03'), Ras Algethi (Cul-LCul, 0°19'), Rigel (LCul-LCul, 0°23')

PD187540

Well, I did some further research into these fixed stars, and I got a very revealing, free one-page PDF by this site called Starlight. They listed all my fixed stars above and gave a one-line interpretation for each. Here are the really important ones I've noticed:

Heliacal Rising Star= Alphard
To lead a life close to the edge, or to seek intense emotional encounters

Without a doubt, it's the intense emotional encounters that really hits home for me. If I detect any hint at getting to know someone's soul (personally, romantically, or sexually...whether male or female), I literally go in for the kill. I always seek an extremely deep connection with someone, and I can easily tell if it's there. If not, I move on; but if I'm attracted to someone and feel that the feeling is mutual, I really seek to merge with that person on a soul level. Right on..

Stars of My Prime (I'm assuming this is the phase I'm in now, being 29 years old)
HAMAL as Saturn Rising
Hard physical or intellectual choices that can cause frustration or anger
Ummmm, yeah!!! I literally am a Saturn Rising (being Rising Capricorn with Saturn conjunct my MC). More intellectual than physical, of course. It seems like whatever intellectual choice I make (for education or career), I get very frustrated with the consequences of these choices, and I easily get fed up (thereby leading me to quit or withdraw from whatever choice I made). The funny thing is that I seem to be making the same choices all the time and getting into the same rut. This is the definition of insanity, I believe, so I think that's exactly what my life is turning out to be.

ALPHERATZ as Sun
Independent and freedom-loving - curtailed passage
I really don't know what curtailed passage means. I read about it online, but I'm not sure if it's curtailed as in "cut short", or if this will be expressed intensely. This aspect sounds great, so I hope it's not cut short!

The stars of my later years seem really really good and foretell a peaceful, fun time. Too bad that I have to wait until I'm 60 years or older for all the good stuff!

Now for my "foundation", or stars that exert their influences all the time (ON NADIR):
HAMAL as Saturn. AGAIN! It seems like whatever intellectual choice I make throughout my earthly existence will cause frustration or anger.
EL NATH as Mercury. The satirist, the one who comments. Love this!!! I have a comment for everything, and usually it's hysterically funny and witty. This one sums up my personality in one sentence! With everything that the fixed stars are saying so far, I really believe that this satirist star is what's preventing me from committing suicide. Thank god for my sense of humor! Otherwise, I would be dead...literally.
DENEB ADIGE as Saturn. To act against the tide of society's expectations (curtailed passage). I agree here. I don't fall under society's expectations, and I never ever will.

My overall impression of my fixed stars is that I'll have the "best life" for me after I'm 60, and whatever intellectual choice I make will bring me anger or frustration. I guess going for any sort of higher education is out of the question. I tried that 3 times, and I withdrew each time. Bottom line is that the consequences of any intellectual choice I've made has always left me very bitter and frustrated about my life. I'm really not liking any of this right now.

Although, maybe there's hope for DENEB ADIGE as Saturn is Rising? Besides the above interpretation, I found this on a fixed stars site:
It is of the nature of Venus and Mercury, and gives an ingenious nature and a clever intellect that is quick at learning. [Robson*, p.159.]
The star corresponds to a combination of Mercury and Venus influence and is therefore favorable for artistic and scientific pursuits which are carried out with the aim of gain. To prove this, it is interesting to find several well known artists and writers, who could make good money with their art, be it manifold activities in the acting art or achieving record sales of their printed works."

Now isn't it weird how I stated in a previous reply that I was wondering how I could pursue something in writing or acting? This star has a lifetime influence for me, so it's in effect at all times (from what I understand and read). On top of that, it's in "curtailed passage." Does this fixed star have a more powerful effect then? Hmmmmmmm....still clueless as to the particular path I should be taking though :/

Last edited:

scorpika

Cap rising here. I have to say that I've never had issues with "my father's dominion". He's always been mellow, perhaps even too much so. On the other hand, my relationship with my mother has always been strained, as it seems that nothing I've ever done is good enough for her and she's always criticizing my every aspect.

wintersprite1

Premium Member
Capricorn rising here also. Like Skorpika, I haven't had any father issues, but it seems our mothers are cut from the same cloth. My Sun is in the 12th house, and maybe that negates the father energy.

TK

Zeloim

Capricorn rising chap here. My father passed away when I was 12, but he was a strange, distant man. He seemed to look askance at me. Not having that paternal approval as a child can haunt you.

JUPITERASC

Capricorn rising chap here. My father passed away when I was 12, but he was a strange, distant man. He seemed to look askance at me. Not having that paternal approval as a child can haunt you.
One Jupiter orbit of the Sun takes 12 years approximately Zeloim :smile:

Interesting that a Jupiter return was happening during the year that your father died

Zeloim

One Jupiter orbit of the Sun takes 12 years approximately Zeloim :smile:

Interesting that a Jupiter return was happening during the year that your father died

That hadn't occurred to me. Very interesting... I have Jupiter pretty much on the ascendant. For whatever that's worth. :unsure:

PD187540

How does that haunt you though? My father was/is also a strange, distant man who has bipolar disorder. My parents divorced in the mid-90s, and my contact with my father gradually just drifted away. I don't even know if he's dead or alive.

PD187540

I suppose you're always searching for that approval elsewhere in surrogate father figures. That was the case with me.

Hmmm, I don't think that's the case with me. I feel like I've been trying to actually play the authoritarian, dominant father figure with other people (either with men or women) as some sort of concession for what my father never was or could be.

I am Cap ascendant and have some very similar experiences! My father is a typical alpha male of a totally different culture to me. I still dont feel free to make my own choices regarding relationships and hide an awful lot to avoid aggressive reactions and drama! He was always there to financially support rather than emotionally and uses it with my siblings as a source of control. Incredible the parallel experiences on this forum!