calling all capricorn ascendant's!!

phott

Hello all,

How many of you capricorn ascendant people have dealt in your lives with the "father's dominion" described bellow, consciously or not? And how relevant was your first saturn return in making you deal with those issues, since saturn is after all the ruller of the chart?

Another test may be CAPRICORN ASCENDANT’s need to move out from under the father’s dominion—physically and emotionally. CAPRICORN ASCENDANT will often deny her own dreams out of fear of disappointing father. Karmic issues with the father are usually present. The FEMALE CAPRICORN ASCENDANT may have to deal with these issues before she feels free to marry the man of her choice (and not her father’s choice for her). Both male and female CAPRICORN ASCENDANTs are ambitious. If the female is not successful on her own, she may tend to push her husband to be more successful.

[deleted quote over 100 words against forum rules Reference: http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php "Copyright" section - Moderator from: http://www.pathwaytoascension.com/astrology/capricorn.html]

I'm on my saturn return now with pluto conjunct ascendant, and the question of what the ascendant is asking of me is getting really loud. Was wondering if any capricorn risings would like to talk about their personal experiences relating to father relationship and how they became their own authorities! :rightful:

anyone?

Last edited by a moderator:

astrology02

i have capricorn ascendant

I always feel as though I need to be more successful and make more money in life. Nothing is ever good enough for me. It really doesn't matter how wealthy I am in life, I don't spend tons of money. This comes from a fear of disappointing my dad. He is a very easy going guy, however he's done so much for me that there is always the pressure of not living up to his expectations. I never thought of him being controlling, but in a way he always dictates my actions . Every job I take, is to better myself to live up to his expectations.

I think maybe for your saturn return it is asking you to live your own life and do things because YOU want to (at least in my case) . Because in the past if I did things to make others happy (like my dad) it always left me never completely satisfied.

best of luck, keep us posted on your saturn return.

hard aspects to saturn show a lack of rapport, but also wanting to prove to father you can achieve and quite often that involves displaying certificates on a wall.....

m8pisces

Actually thats not my case, im a capricorn rising but my father is very good and easy going especially with me, he's sometimes influenced by my mother and have to force me around but he's definitely not dominating. I think in my situation it is my mother who pushing me from behind, she said she didnt expect me to do things big but in fact, she silently mean that she want me to be the person as she want, she always be very serious, straigthforward with me, give me a list of "do's and dont's", nobody in my house wanna mess with her :(

Saturnian

I don't have one,so I've never been worried about disappointing him.
My mother?Her yes.But I wouldn't do something that wasn't my dream.

Well obviously we can't talk specifics, just generalities. Without seeing someone chart how can we. Sounds like aspect to your saturn will be easy sextiles or trines.....

If you want to talk specifics, then start a new thread and post your chart

PD187540

I'm a male Cap Rising with transiting Pluto conjunct my Ascendant. Natal Saturn conjunct Natal Pluto, all conjunct my Midheaven.

As far as relationship with the father goes, he was a very cold individual, and my parents divorced back in the mid-1990s when I was around 12 years old (I'm now approaching my first Saturn Return).

Aside from that, career means a LOT to me, and I'm ambitious to the point of death. Speaking of death, that is my business: pathology/autopsies. I was just accepted into a Master's degree in Pathology that's starting in May, and I can't WAIT to move out, get my own place, and start putting down roots in my career.

I've also had feelings that I was an imprisoned murderer in a past life who's been given a chance to redeem myself by doing something good in this life. Why do I think I was a past murderer? Go to my profile and use my chart as reference for what I'm about to say here:

Neptune conjunct South Node in 12th house (past imprisonment)....In this life, I prefer to always be alone and mostly shut myself up in my room whenever I have spare time. I have a very bitter and cynical attitude towards humanity in general, and I have had thoughts of actually killing someone. (And I absolutely refuse to seek any sort of antidepressant medication since I am in no way depressed.) I'm just very realistic and factual about the state of current affairs in the world.

Now in this life, I have my North Node in the 6th house....Healthcare. What type of career am I interested in? Pathology (Saturn conjunct Pluto at the MC). I guarantee you that I have to use a scalpel in my work as a form of catharsis....You have no idea how amazing it is for me to hold a scalpel in my hand and to slice through dead tissue and diseased organs. It's like I'm releasing all my pent-up murderous energies with a sharp blade in order to do GOOD in this lifetime.

For some reason, I really ******* up in a past life, and in this one, I was given a chance at redeeming myself. Yes, I still have very murderous tendencies and thoughts, but my deeds are tamer and it's all about channeling those thoughts and tendencies for public well-being.

All of this is in my chart, and I think I've just discovered the key to unlocking its meaning.

PD187540

Nice to hear from you again Mr. CapRising! I fear, however, that this realization was just the prelude of what happened to me earlier today...

Before I go into the account of what happened, I'll first describe my current transits. I really do think that this is a main cause for the complete family disaster that occurred today. We have transiting Saturn retrograde at 29, 29' Libra. That's conjunct my natal Pluto at 28, 20' Libra and opposing my moon at 29, 47' Aries on the cusp of the 4th House (IN the 4th House, if you're talking about equal houses). THEN, we have transiting Pluto at 8, 40' Capricorn...conjunct my Ascendant at 8, 59' Capricorn.

You ready to hear what happened? "Family disaster" is the keyword here. Keep that in mind! I'm also going to be moving to another state for my Master's degree that starts in May. So..

Earlier today, my brother decides to make a very underhanded comment to me at the kitchen table. He said that I always try to "one-up" people and that there's always a sense of negativity while I'm at home doing nothing but playing video games, reading, watching tv, and listening to music. But what does that have to do with HIM? We have a very terrible relationship since we're polar opposites in every sense of the word. We never speak to each other while living under the same roof. I have nothing to do until I move for my master's in 2 months, and I'm fine just minding my own business! Meanwhile, I'm the one who feels like there's negativity at home, and I can't WAIT to move out.

So what happened was that I got so angry at him that I almost slit his throat with a knife, but before I could do that, he jumped me and tackled me to the ground and kept me in a tight headlock. My mom just stood there watching everything while holding the dog back, like she sadistically enjoyed it. My dog was ready to rip my brother to shreds!

I have never felt such extreme hatred for my own flesh and blood. I really wanted to murder them both on the spot, and I think those transits above are perfect atmospheric indicators for it. Saturn opposing the 4th house moon has to be the perfect hint for complete separation from the family, with a focus on career. PERFECT meaning, and I'm feeling it loud and clear!

I was planning on moving out on April 1st (one month before classes start), but I think I'll have to do it in March. Thankfully, I have plenty of funds to fully pay for everything on my own until my student loans kick in in May. I'm actually kicking myself for not doing it earlier, but Pluto EXACTLY conjuncts my Ascendant at the end of this month, so getting my own place on March 1st seems like perfect timing to me. I'll gladly spend 2 months worth of my savings to just get out of this house and start building a life somewhere else. And thank GOD school is starting soon!!!

Anybody have any thoughts about my situation? Does it coincide with what's going on astrologically for me? I feel like it is...All I know is that once I move out, I will never see my brother and mother again. They can literally rot in the deepest bowels of Hell for all I care, and the next time I'll see them is at their funeral. And if I'm not in my mother's will, I will sue like crazy. That's how strongly I feel about this. They're completely dead to me as of today. Do you think this is actually a GOOD thing, and it will lead to even better things to come now that I'll be on my own permanently??

Last edited:

RockFish

To me, the solution to this whole capricorn-father-issues boiled down to being financially independent.

My father is one of the lights of my life, but he is prone to being over-protective (I'm a woman, so I guess it's unsurprising that he would be like this). He is financially well-off, so he always made many offers of money and help in many different occasions, which somehow made me a bit unable (or blatantly unwilling) to get things done and support myself. I eventually realized he did it with good intentions, to help me, but also it meant he had some control over me and my decisions, and it kept me in an infantile position. Being 25 years-old, I felt like a senile teenager whenever I accepted his money, and felt there was something wrong in being supported by my old man at such a late age.

I was dependant of him until 25, when I decided I would not ask for more money from him. Also because I met my husband back then, moved in with him and I didn't want any interferences and control over my private life. I accepted gifts and some help here and there, but at the end of the day (and with a considerable amount of struggle), I managed to pay my rent and bills without him and in my own terms, working with what I wanted and not what he saw fit. At first he was worried about me living in lame houses and dressing old clothes and counting pennies, but I think he was also a bit proud of my independence.

Three years later, during my Saturn's return, I moved to a city closer to my original city. I had been living in the mountains, a seven-hour trip by car (in winding and difficult routes) from my birth city, where my family lives. It was important to me to be apart from them during that time, when I was learning how to live off my own resources and not depend on them. That way, they didn't see all the things I had to put up with to make a living, didn't get them worried (they worry too much) and didn't let them interfere. It was a good time, but during my Sat's return I felt I had acquired more stability in my life already and felt I was ready to go back to my birth state and be closer to my family, now as an adult, master of my own life.

And yes, a lot of what I do, and how I want to be perceived, how I want to shine in this world, a lot comes from him, from his high expectations of me. At the end of the day, I am very ambitious, so his expectations became my expectations of myself, I do love success and being admired by my skills, so his expectations suit me. I identify a lot with him, with his ideas of grandeur, LOL. I just don't follow all his advices, just the ones that feel right for who I am. He is a cool guy, very understanding, so he knows he has to keep his fears to himself as well. I'm a daddy's girl, really. :innocent:

PD187540

RockFish brought up some good points about financial independence and father issues. I think Cap Rising people are confronted with some form of authority or discipline issues throughout one's life, and they often stem from the father.

As for me, I never really had a "father" per se. My parents divorced in the mid-90s and my father was always emotionally cold and distant. Interestingly, my mother was (and still is) rather masculine in behavior. So basically, I never had any true "father-figure" to ever look up to....masculine traits in a mother is just not very normal, and a distantly cold father who just didn't want to be bothered with his kids is also rather odd.

So basically, I was extremely introverted throughout my teenage years, and I still am even today. I don't have any social problems at all. It's just that I believe that humanity is innately cruel until proven loving. And over the years, I've formulated my own notion of "authority" through using my powers of reasoning and my own beliefs. I've come to realize that I am my own authority on practically everything, and I've had many MANY power struggles with authority figures throughout my life (particularly with bosses). Now that I'll be on my own soon, I know that I have to temper my authoritarian attitude in order to keep a job. This is why I need total independence in whatever job I'd get (and the pathology field is one such career that lets me be very independent...I only have to report to a doctor and that's it). Overall, I've developed such an extremely disciplined type of mindset, particularly with academics and business-related endeavors. Of course, adopting this attitude hasn't forged many friendships with people, but I think my whole environment is going to change for the better really soon :wink:

PD187540

Dude! you really have to find a better way to take your anger out, like punching a bag, martial arts etc. I think that you have chosen the right planets to explain your minor explosion, did you notice that trans moon was coming to a conjunction with transiting saturn when this event happened? This saturn/moon combo can really get a person angry when hitting sensitive natal/progressed placements, self control is the key to a good outcome. I think you are on the right track about finding your own place to live, you don't need family members (or your mother) pushing your buttons right now.

Wow, I never knew that transit was also occurring! Double deadly....all of that was opposing my 4th House Moon. How horrible :(

Oh, I took my anger out by going for a nice, long power walk/jog and by playing violently bloody video games. Both strategies are highly effective at quelling my rages in family matters.
As long as I'm on the right track, I'm happy. It's only until April 1st that I have to deal with this. I figure I'll eke out another month's worth of free food and rent before I say bye-bye for good.
As long as my education (two years worth to do) goes exactly as planned, I should have no problem setting up the security I need for the rest of my life....I HOPE! This is my ultimate thought process, and I hope everything works out!

P.S. One of the first things I'm going to do as soon as I move into my new apartment will be joining a martial arts class. I originally thought of joining an ordinary gym, but I think martial arts would be a lot better for me. I think transiting Pluto conjunct my Ascendant and my natal Mars in the 8th House would be very proud of that, and they thank you for that suggestion, Cap!

Last edited:

gkudria

I had a ******* up step-father who was my "father" since I was five. If the traditional 10th house is used to represent this energy, then it's perfectly befitting as my 10th house is all scorpionic.

Attachments

• Natal chart.jpg
    Natal chart.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 39

PD187540

Speaking of getting this thread back on track, I think the whole "father issue" thing pales in importance to what's really going on for all Capricorn Rising people out there: PLUTO CONJUNCT THE ASCENDANT.

For some Cappy Risings, it's already happened, while it will happen for the later decan people. For those of you who already had this all-important conjunction, what experience(s) occurred? (same thing can be asked of those people who will go through this aspect soon, too)

gkudria

Excellent question! I had Pluto rear its ugly head SEVERAL times over my ascendant since 2009 and it was since then that we also experienced several cardinal crosses, the Saturn-Uranus oppositions, those times transiting Saturn was square transiting Pluto AND let's not forget the eclipses since 2009 in Capricorn and Cancer. When you lump all those things together, you realize that this Pluto transit conjunct the Ascendant was exceptionally challenging for Capricorns because there were also so many other difficult and piercing aspects that transpired simultaneously.

So, my reply to your question is not going to be simply limited to the Pluto conjunct the Ascendant aspect, because you cannot ignore all the other things that happened at the same time. Keep that in mind.

Well, Capricorns everywhere changed as far as I could tell. Both Capricorn rising and Capricorn sun signs included. For those of us who's ascendants were in the early degrees of Capricorn, say from 0 to 6 degrees, and those of us born between the 24th and 29th of December, the past 2.5-3 years have been excruciating.

Personally, I noticed that I was becoming severely victimized. My kindness was constantly being taken advantage of and people underestimated my capabilities and undervalued me both personally and professionally. I felt entirely alone, but in this lonesomeness, I had Pluto conjuncting my ascendant and trining my natal moon in my 8th house (Virgo), so I went through a very empowering sense of rebirth over 10 times. Because ya know, Pluto retrograded and passed back and forth over my ascendant constantly, and each pass, whether direct or retrograde, I felt painfully.

The biggest thing that happened to me was that I became engaged with very shady people who, in turn, ended up influencing me to become partially as shady. AND I'M A DEVOUT CHRISTIAN! So this surprised me substantially. This phase lasted until Pluto finally reached and stayed at at least 6* Capricorn and laid off my 3* Capricorn ascendant directly. So for me, this death of my good naturally good character with fierce and staunch morals lasted for only a year. And I have been so solid as being a decent person otherwise that my hold on my personal beliefs and disciplines were enough to get through the Plutonian influence of "being bad".

It did seem as though everyone I met was into some drug or had some addiction with alcohol or that they were just very un-nice people who did not care to live anything but a mediocre (or less) life. These people were elusive, threatening and scary. And I lost all sense of control in my life.

This was just Pluto's effect on my ascendant and not so much all those other aspects.

The GOOD thing about Pluto running over my ascendant and skidding just to reverse over it again time after time, was that I toughened up. I am still very nice but I am less likely to let anyone take advantage of me. I have grown some "balls" so to speak. Can I put that on here? I apologize if not, but it's the perfect way to say it. I feel a sense of power over myself and what I believe in and I will not let anyone influence me to deviate from my standards again.

I feel like an entirely different person. I feel like I have more confidence and can walk with a well-earned air of prestige because I am genuinely me and there is no one else like me. I also feel very sexy as a woman. I seem to be gaining a lot more attention than I have previously and I must admit, I really already had plenty of attention from men, but now, it seems that a different kind of men is interested in me. More powerful men. Men with more money and men who are also controling in a sense.

My personal views on everything have changed. I am solid with what I think, but open-minded. I have more respect for others and more compassion for people in general, especially those with depression because this Pluto conjunct my Ascendant transit definitely confused and depressed me. I never thought depression was real before and I considered people who were depressed weak. Now I know, it is real and it can be debilitating. So I learned to have consideration for this with others.

Pluto also rules my midheaven and Saturn has retrograded all over my ninth house close to my MC the past two years. Natal Pluto is in my 9th house as well and transiting Saturn conjuncted that planet and I lost my job. Now with Pluto sextiling my MC and Saturn due to conjunct my MC again this year, I know that even though I am still unemployed since April of last year, I will land a job, but that it will be a complete change of career compared to what I have done the past 14 years. And I am excited for this. After all, Saturn is my ruler and conjuncting my MC, maybe I'll finally get the credit I deserve because I work hard and am brilliant at all I undertake. And with Saturn sextiling Pluto near my ascendant, hey, things are looking good for some steady money and I may even begin a position of power when I land this elusive job I've been hunting for since last year.

So, all in all, Pluto transiting ascendant is PAINFUL, but necessary to toughen us up, help us gain courage, rebuild us from the inside out and give us a sense of unfailing personal power. And when I say "rebuild", I mean to say that it completely destroys everything as you know it first, then it rebuilds, but you are stronger and more confident than you were before. Hey, a little pain, a lot of gain.

Feedback?

Attachments

• Natal chart.jpg
    Natal chart.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 31

PD187540

Jesus, kudria...that was such a GREAT account of what you've been through! Wow...I'm still speechless reading that! I can totally empathize with you on a few things, too.

For one thing, I've also been unemployed...since 2009! Then just last year, I worked at this hospital in a very bad area, but that lasted only 3 months. Now, I'm set to begin my Master's degree in May, and I CAN'T WAIT to move out of this house and away from my mother and brother!

My attitude towards them has changed almost overnight about a week ago, and they don't see me the same way either. It's very sad, but what are you going to do? I know for a fact that I am, and always will be, the more successful person out of the three of us. My mom is stuck at a job she doesn't like (she's divorced and prefers to live as a recluse...she's a Sun and Moon Leo, but almost all her planets are in the 12th House....that's a bad setup, in my opinion). My brother is the total opposite of me, and he's a college drop-out.

With my Pluto conjunct Ascendant aspect, I feel it more in the domestic scene, for sure. I just don't feel right staying all cooped up in my house anymore, and I only have 6 more weeks left to endure this! Besides transiting Pluto conjuncting my Ascendant, it's sextiling my natal Saturn AND the Midheaven. That's telling me that the pursuit of my career in Pathology (a VERY Plutonian field to begin with!) and higher education is going to be taking center stage. For my personal benefit and well-being, I think focusing all my energies into getting my Master's degree is probably the healthiest thing for me to be doing right now because the more I stay here at home, the more repressed and depressed I feel. Once I'm out of this house, I guarantee you that I will feel much freer and become a whole new person (which is very Pluto in the 1st house transiting Ascendant thing, huh?)

Now, transiting Saturn is conjunct natal Pluto and opposing my natal Moon on 4th house cusp. There's the family tension right there. What's also interesting is that transiting Pluto, although it's conjuncting my Ascendant, it's also TRINING that natal moon. How that plays into the current family tension, I have no idea. Maybe that indicates a transformation of my current family into finding a new one when I move in April???? I don't know, but I think having Pluto making a good expect to my Moon helps to lessen Saturn's bad aspect to it. But that's just my personal theory....

Funny how you mentioned that you're like a magnet for men. I've read that an increase in personal magnetism and power is a distinct possibility with Pluto going through the 1st House. With my impending increase in social exposure coming when I move out, I'm really going to pay attention to that and see if it happens to me (with men or women, who knows!).

PD187540

So, all in all, Pluto transiting ascendant is PAINFUL, but necessary to toughen us up, help us gain courage, rebuild us from the inside out and give us a sense of unfailing personal power. And when I say "rebuild", I mean to say that it completely destroys everything as you know it first, then it rebuilds, but you are stronger and more confident than you were before. Hey, a little pain, a lot of gain.

Oh, and those are beautiful words, baby! ^^^ :tongue:

PD187540

Forgot to mention this:

Pluto makes an EXACT conjunction with my Ascendant on Thursday, February 23rd!!!

On that same day, my uncle, his wife, and his baby are coming up from Florida to visit. This is a very weird thing for him to be doing, since he just came up during Christmas. I guarantee you that he heard about the family tension and is going to be playing "peacemaker."

Now also, last month, my mother got into a major argument with my aunt (her sister), and she jumped her! I was a witness to this, so my aunt is no longer talking to my mom. When my uncle comes up, he wants to see EVERYBODY, but my aunt is not going anywhere near my mother.

I wonder what's going to happen on the day of my exact Pluto-Rising conjunction. Another family mega blow-up? I'm going to try my best to stay out of all this, but I bet you that the drama will be brought to ME personally....and I never asked for it!

gkudria

Wow, PD187540! Sounds like the ruler of your 4th is heavily afflicted right now! It should definitely do nicely to get away from it all.

Expect to feel tempermental, as well, by the way. My patience wore thin easily and I am a VERY patient and understanding person. Trouble just seemed to stay in my back pocket, too. Everywhere I went it seemed someone was fighting, or there was a robbery or a car accident or something.

Pluto in the first is also physically debilitating. So pay attention to your health, particularly your bones and teeth. I have broken my front tooth a few times now since 2009 and now with no dental insurance, it is staying that way until I can afford to fix it.

Can you post your chart so I can peek at it?