Sedna Consciousness, the Path of Destiny

sadge

Hey Alan,

Oh, trust me. I assure you that i am open-minded, that is not an issue here. I am as open-minded as one can be, so my questions should not be mistaken as disagreement, disrespect, or distrust. They are an effort to understand what you know. So please don't assume that as a reason to think my questions are not sincere.

I often edit/critique written and oral communication and it's really a simple process: identity the gaps between what the communicator is trying to express and what is received by the audience. The goal is to bridge any gaps in order to maximize the audience you reach.

If the discovery of Sedna is too new for us to know much (and I wouldn't know, because like I said, I don't know anything about Sedna), then that is a valid and important point too. I just don't know what this Sedna is all about, where everyone is at in understanding it, and what it could potentially mean. Obviously I want to know or I wouldn't be here.

Has there been any consensus in the interpretation or definition for what it means in individual charts? Or are we just not there yet?

sadge

Alan Clay

Hey Sadge

Short answer, no. No consensus yet. That's why we're talking about it. If you really want the in depth meaning, with chart analysis and detailed house and aspect interpretations, just drop your emil in the list at www.sednaconsciousness.com and I'll send you a free copy of the book. It's standing at around 300 pages at the moment, so is pretty comprehensive.

I don't mean to challenge you on this, but I would like to encourage you to find a more intuitive understanding of Sedna. You say you're open minded and yet you often critique other's communications. The two statements don't go together.

Critiquing communication assumes you know the topic and how it should be conveyed and the effect the communication has on the listener, which is all based on personal interpretations. Being open minded is trying see the connections between things that have no traditional relation. There is no judgement in open-mindedness, it's all discovery.

So being open minded is not necessarily approaching trying to understand Sedna from the traditional.. 'start at the individual level (natal), national/global level, and then reach for the esoteric cosmos.....and of course, every step of the way, etc...' because we're all still working on that, although, of course, that is exactly what I hope my book will do.

I was trying to give you a bit of that individual level perspective, to help ground your understanding of Sedna, by asking for your Sedna details, but I guess you want to do your own interpretation. So here's an example instead.

Einstein had Saturn conjunct Mercury in the tenth, pretty reasonable for someone who's theories changed our way of thinking about the physical reality, but it doesn't really explain how he became Time Magazine's person of the Century. Until you factor in that Sedna was conjunct Saturn and Mercury and you realise why he was able to explore the Mercury Saturn conjunction so deeply and on such an an evolutionary level and why that has changed our world so profoundly.

Does that sort of example give you more of a feel for the planet?

sadge

No, it doesn't help me understand it better. Everyone's definition about it is still too vague for me. But hey, it's a start. At least I know to keep my eyes open for advancements. I do appreciate that you've brought it to my attention via this thread. I'll spend time thinking about it more in a quiet moment....I probably need to look up more charts to build a better picture.

Lastly, don't get so hung up on the fact that I offered my honest feedback. That's what you asked for when you posted this thread!! I assumed you wanted to know of any areas of confusion, just as equally as you would want to hear about what works well. Isn't that the point of feedback? I am not critiquing your knowledge of Sedna. I am stating that I still don't understand what it means -- astrologically -- after checking out your site. That's it. Fair enough. There isn't anything to argue about here. You have a genuinely interested party asking for clarification. It's an opportunity, not an offense.

Thank you for the book offer, that is very generous of you to share your labor of love. Best of luck on this exciting new project.... :happy:

Last edited:

Alan Clay

Hi Rahu

Thanks for that very interesting analysis of Sedna conjunct the node and it's link with revealing undercover activity.

I never called it a symbolic planet of destiny, I call it our 'evolving consciousness' and I suggest that in the chart it represents our 'soul's path of destiny', by house position and aspect.

I think this dovetails well with your research on the Node conjunction. You see that as having a cultural regulatory aspect and I would agree. That very much fits the all inclusive spiritual energy of Sedna as I understand it.

I would suggest that the result of each of those disclosures, whether they were prosecuted or not, or if they were right or wrong, was a growth in consciousness.

You mention Sedna's transits to Pollard's chart, but because these apply for so many years, I find it is more instructive to look at the transits of the other planets to Sedna, when looking at personal charts.

The mark of Sedna seems to be some experience of forced transcendence, often through the dark underbelly of life, through which we grow so much, that when we look back, we can't really call the experience bad, although our lives will never be the same after that.

On that basis I'm sure Sedna was very active in all those cases you mention, and my research on Sedna and the node also suggests a making public connection with the wider community with this aspect in the chart.

So i agree Sedna has very definite effects in our personal lives, in our politics and for the planet as a whole.

Alan Clay

Thanks for the link, very interesting.

I agree Sedna opposite the Sun can have father issues, but I don't find it is necessarily a prevalent feature of the planet in most other aspects.

Almost all the astrological interpretation of Sedna to this point has been based on the myth, however I am basing mine more on chart analysis. That allows me to see the other sides of Sedna that are not reflected in the myth. Just like Mars is not just about war, Sedna is not just about father issues and victimisation.

I'm a bit of a rebel and at this stage I'm not even proposing to talk about the myth in my book, :wink: but that's probably going to be hard to maintain as I get closer to publication.

In general I find you're interpreting Sedna too darkly for my taste. (I'm a Scorpion with a strong Pluto, so I don't see Pluto as dark at all!). I kept waiting for you to talk about how Sedna operates on Rudyar's other levels, but even at the base level I read a lot more compassion into her.

Sure, it's an impersonal sort of compassion that cares deeply for all the beings in the epic flow of evolution and yet is happy to sacrifice some for the greater good, if necessary, so not how we normally think of that word, but it's not all violence, illness and self harm.

I'd also suggest that in those of us with a more evolved Sedna, the energy of the planet doesn't operate that way at all, and that those sort of motifs are actually counterproductive in understanding her energy at a more evolved level, where she essentially brings transcendent blessings into our lives... although we may still initially see these as crises... and constantly encourages/forces us to adopt a richer spiritual approach to life.

theV

I agree Sedna opposite the Sun can have father issues, but I don't find it is necessarily a prevalent feature of the planet in most other aspects.

Almost all the astrological interpretation of Sedna to this point has been based on the myth, however I am basing mine more on chart analysis. That allows me to see the other sides of Sedna that are not reflected in the myth. Just like Mars is not just about war, Sedna is not just about father issues and victimisation.

I'm a bit of a rebel and at this stage I'm not even proposing to talk about the myth in my book, :wink: but that's probably going to be hard to maintain as I get closer to publication.

In general I find you're interpreting Sedna too darkly for my taste. (I'm a Scorpion with a strong Pluto, so I don't see Pluto as dark at all!). I kept waiting for you to talk about how Sedna operates on Rudyar's other levels, but even at the base level I read a lot more compassion into her.

Sure, it's an impersonal sort of compassion that cares deeply for all the beings in the epic flow of evolution and yet is happy to sacrifice some for the greater good, if necessary, so not how we normally think of that word, but it's not all violence, illness and self harm.

I'd also suggest that in those of us with a more evolved Sedna, the energy of the planet doesn't operate that way at all, and that those sort of motifs are actually counterproductive in understanding her energy at a more evolved level, where she essentially brings transcendent blessings into our lives... although we may still initially see these as crises... and constantly encourages/forces us to adopt a richer spiritual approach to life.

Back then I was trying to make a sense of Sedna. The research encompassed not a holistic perspective of what Sedna means in Astrology. The article merely points out to a sole meaning of Sedna. However, I am quite aware of there is more to Sedna than what I wrote back then.

Last edited:

Alan Clay

You're such a sweetheart Jim! You love telling everyone they're wrong... I guess that must mean you're wrong about the link between Sedna and reincarnation too. Maybe it's 2014 UZ224 that rules reincarnation :wink:

The reality is that 2014 UZ224 is currently at 12 Taurus 55 and Sedna is at 26 Taurus 31, so they are nowhere near one another!

And even if they were closer in past charts, that doesn't mean we don't try and interpret the energy of the planet, or that the interpretation is wrong. There are always conjunctions between planets and there will always be new planets being discovered, none of that negates the process of finding Sedna's meaning in the chart.

Alan

waybread

Alan, good luck with your book! It's a great topic. I can't contribute much, other than the following subjective opinions.

1. Traditionally the planets, (and now with asteroids,) the planetary meanings took their rulerships from mythology, not from their astronomical properties.

For examples Mars (Ares) was the god of war. Mercury rules liars and thieves today because the young god Mercury (Hermes) was a trickster. Venus (Aphrodite) was the goddess of beauty even though we know today that the planet Venus is unbelievably hot and inhospitable to life.

Why the imprint of ancient mythology should be the case today when we no longer believe in the pagan gods, I can't say. However, I am one of those people who thinks that astrology works through the human mind in connection with the horoscope as a means of graphic communication; not in what's physically Up There in the Sky. And then I am also learning of some quantum physicists' view of the participatory universe.
http://discovermagazine.com/2002/jun/featuniverse Basically the theory is that the way light is emitted from heavenly bodies or photons in the lab depends upon the observations.

2. Sedna's mythology and even her name seem to have a lot of different versions, which isn't surprising, given that Inuit (Eskimo) people ranged from Greenland to the Bering Sea, and had limited contact with the more distant bands. In some version's Sedna's Unsuitable Suitor is a fulmar (sea bird,) a sculpin (fish,) or a faithful dog, or she is simply a girl who angers her parents. A common theme, however, is that she angers her father while they are in a boat at sea, and he casts her overboard. When she clings to the side of the boat, he cuts off her fingers-- which become the creatures of the sea. She became the goddess of the sea-bottom, and is often angry.

When hunting is bad, the village shaman metaphorically travels to visit Sedna at the sea-bottom, and combs her hair (which she cannot do, being maimed,) and then she will release the marine mammals to the hunters. In astrological terms, we might call Sedna a malefic. Like Pluto and the Babylonian Erishkegal and Greek Persephone, Sedna is a goddess of the dead; although the location is at the bottom of the ocean.

Common themes in the different Sedna myths seem to be maiming, abandonment by the father, betrayal, and a life in a dark, mysterious place; that become the source of enormous power and creativity.

I have Sedna in Aries in the 8th house in a partile sextile to my Aquarian sun. The mythology of Sedna resonates deeply with me. My first massive crush occurred in high school, and never worked out. I thought he liked me, and we were friends, but no romantic overtures were forthcoming. From my father's point of view, this was the Unsuitable Suitor, and he was perfectly beastly to this young man. At that time, I was a piano student, and just poured my heart out on the keyboard, with hours of practice. (fingers:creative force) I have always found solace in nature, and as a high school student I found solace by a large lake by our home. (water connection.) My hair has always been unruly (Uranus square ascendant) but I've very seldom found a good match with a hairdresser-- unlike Sedna's shaman who combs her hair.

There is a lot of shamanic mythology embedded in the later more "civilized" mythology, having to do with the descent to the mysterious lands of darkness, transformation, and return. (Cf. Joseph Campbell.) The shaman's journey may be one of greeting the death goddess with loving kindness instead of fear.

3. I'm not a big fan of astrological octaves in general: in a horoscope interpretation, they do exactly what?? Even so, I don't see Ceres mythologically as a good match. Persephone (Proserpina), maybe, but then she's an asteroid, not a dwarf planet. Several years ago, I spent a lot of time researching dwarf planet Ceres as possible co-ruler of Virgo, and I looked at a lot of horoscopes, but gave it up. I still don't understand astrological Ceres. She has to be more than a junior moon, no? I think we need to understand Ceres a whole lot better before we octavize it.

4. Back in the 70s, I was privileged to have two field seasons in the Canadian Arctic. It is a vast, incredible place where life is hard for its native inhabitants. I hope you can get up there to see one of the Arctic oceans first-hand, if you've not done so already. You've written here about darkness: cf. the dark Arctic winters, when hunters go out on the sea ice. There's some geography in Sedna's mythology, I believe.

But good luck with your project, Alan. Just my 2c.

Last edited:

Didilove

Hey Sadge

Short answer, no. No consensus yet. That's why we're talking about it. If you really want the in depth meaning, with chart analysis and detailed house and aspect interpretations, just drop your emil in the list at www.sednaconsciousness.com and I'll send you a free copy of the book. It's standing at around 300 pages at the moment, so is pretty comprehensive.

I don't mean to challenge you on this, but I would like to encourage you to find a more intuitive understanding of Sedna. You say you're open minded and yet you often critique other's communications. The two statements don't go together.

Critiquing communication assumes you know the topic and how it should be conveyed and the effect the communication has on the listener, which is all based on personal interpretations. Being open minded is trying see the connections between things that have no traditional relation. There is no judgement in open-mindedness, it's all discovery.

So being open minded is not necessarily approaching trying to understand Sedna from the traditional.. 'start at the individual level (natal), national/global level, and then reach for the esoteric cosmos.....and of course, every step of the way, etc...' because we're all still working on that, although, of course, that is exactly what I hope my book will do.

I was trying to give you a bit of that individual level perspective, to help ground your understanding of Sedna, by asking for your Sedna details, but I guess you want to do your own interpretation. So here's an example instead.

Einstein had Saturn conjunct Mercury in the tenth, pretty reasonable for someone who's theories changed our way of thinking about the physical reality, but it doesn't really explain how he became Time Magazine's person of the Century. Until you factor in that Sedna was conjunct Saturn and Mercury and you realise why he was able to explore the Mercury Saturn conjunction so deeply and on such an an evolutionary level and why that has changed our world so profoundly.

Hey Sadge

Ur interpretation of this makes sense to me. I'm also very interested in understanding sedna. I have a gut feeling that it's not about betrayal from men. I mean every asteriod or planet has a lot of different meanings. For example venus. You can't just say venus is about love and that's it. You have to see the bigger picture. We know venus also represents money. Love and money are 2 very different things, but they are still able to make sense of how they are connected to Venus. So as to how I see sedna, is the last stage or part of the myth. The overall meaning. She became the caretaker of the sea! I mean this is huge. She didnt just die and drowned due to being "betrayed" by a man. I think he did her a favor. A huge favor. She now has a important task/mission that has to do with the entire planet. She can starve all the people if she wants. All she asks for in return is some respect regarding the ocean. A very reasonable thing, considering the outcome. The point here is helping someone for the higher good of all of humanity. Just like Einstein did. And although it took alot for her to get there (pain and humility), it still got her to better place than how she was before. It got her to her destiny. Now that is a very speciific destiny. You would need something huge for that too happen. You would need certain events to happen even though they could be seen as bad at the moment. That is how I see her story.

Humanitarian

Sedna's positive energy is actually my favorite one in the dwarf planets, because she is similar to Pluto in terms of transformation and resurrection, but in a Demeterian/Neptunian/Venusian way rather than the Martian way of transformation. Sedna's transformation is about the 5D Ascension and the new human consciousness, and it will become a permanently spiritual 7D world like old Gaia is if we restore back the energetical current of the original 7D Gaia