A Discussion Thread About Racism in America

CapAquaPis

Etiquette books in the 1990s and 2000s emphasized racism is unacceptable in public settings. I have one from 1980 that warns readers don't spout ethnic jokes and it goes to show in the 1960s and 70s, Anglo American society was no longer intolerant of "anyone who's ancestor didn't come out of the Mayflower". Knowing in 2020 the increased social disapproval of opinions against the LGBT community, it's widely unacceptable to verbally "bash" LGBT people like myself who identifies as genderfluid, though I'm biologically male and "hetero"/straight .

leomoon

Etiquette books in the 1990s and 2000s emphasized racism is unacceptable in public settings. I have one from 1980 that warns readers don't spout ethnic jokes and it goes to show in the 1960s and 70s, Anglo American society was no longer intolerant of "anyone who's ancestor didn't come out of the Mayflower". Knowing in 2020 the increased social disapproval of opinions against the LGBT community, it's widely unacceptable to verbally "bash" LGBT people like myself who identifies as genderfluid, though I'm biologically male and "hetero"/straight .

My heart literally broke in two when tRump signed his Executive (menu) order putting all LGBT on notice they were going to lose their jobs in the Military services immediately under his order. These were people immensely qualified whose own commanders and higher ups spoke up for them and tried to convince Washington to not do this immoral action, but it was done anyway.

I'm praying that one of the first things Biden does as POTUS is reverse everything tRump did and get this country back on track for a moral equitable moral based equality for all. I'm only still very sad for those whose lives were interrupted so cruelly by this cruel man and probably cannot go back now and start over.

Some were in their positions in foreign countries for decades and moved up in their careers.

I'm still heartsick over it. :( :(

CapAquaPis

In the 1960s and 70s, African Americans struggled hard to become a lot more socially equal, but so did Mexican Americans concentrated in the Southwest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-mzSz6xdG4&t=1s

Kamala Harris elected VP is good for women, Blacks and South Asians (and Latinx and Native Americans), LGBT people (VP Mike Pence was against them), and the entire US, to better represent the diverse population of this country.

JUPITERASC

48njvd.jpg

CapAquaPis

I'm 40 years old and in the 1980s, as a child not aware of politics and current events, I simply didn't see racial incidents, although I knew people can be a bit bigoted, children learn about the world around them as they grow up over time, and I didn't hear about sex crimes against women either until the 1991 Anita Hill vs Clarence Thomas and 1994 OJ Simpson trials about sexual harassment and violence against women (his abused ex-wife Nicole Brown was murdered).

In 1990, the news media back then constantly reported on "moral decline: very high crime, war on illegal drugs, thefts, vandalism, robberies, burglaries and record homicides". Also the right wing complained about "historic peaks of abortions, divorces, single parents, domestic violence, child abuse, missing and exploited kids, and unemployed".

And the left wing warned of an ecological/environmental apocalypse while they tend to not focus on souring race relations (they promoted politically correct mores and ethos) and middle-class socioeconomic inequality not seen in half a century (WW2), they pressured American voters to put Bill Clinton in the WH.

Today, I hear less about urban crime, changed social morality is much less controversial (more acceptance of LGBT people and less stigma of AIDS) and environmental issues (global warming and climate change is being brought up a lot more than 25 years ago). 3 things I believe has gotten worse: Racism is on the rise, the middle class continually declines, and more misogyny & homophobia.

The Trump administration is about promoting, protecting and preservation of privilege based on race, class, biological sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, socioeconomic class, and for a right-wing system based on capitalism, religion, social conservatism and nationalism. This caused a wave of racial incidents, hate crimes and far-right wing hate groups like what we saw in Charlottesville in 2017 when militias joined Neo-Nazis and the Proud Boys violently protested.

JUPITERASC

SPECIAL REPORT:

Inside Joe Biden's corruption scandal and the social media cover-up :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?app=desktop&feature=share&v=5649FAF3_ws

I'm 40 years old and in the 1980s, as a child not aware of politics and current events, I simply didn't see racial incidents, although I knew people can be a bit bigoted, children learn about the world around them as they grow up over time, and I didn't hear about sex crimes against women either until the 1991 Anita Hill vs Clarence Thomas and 1994 OJ Simpson trials about sexual harassment and violence against women (his abused ex-wife Nicole Brown was murdered).

In 1990, the news media back then constantly reported on "moral decline: very high crime, war on illegal drugs, thefts, vandalism, robberies, burglaries and record homicides". Also the right wing complained about "historic peaks of abortions, divorces, single parents, domestic violence, child abuse, missing and exploited kids, and unemployed".

And the left wing warned of an ecological/environmental apocalypse while they tend to not focus on souring race relations (they promoted politically correct mores and ethos) and middle-class socioeconomic inequality not seen in half a century (WW2), they pressured American voters to put Bill Clinton in the WH.

Today, I hear less about urban crime, changed social morality is much less controversial (more acceptance of LGBT people and less stigma of AIDS) and environmental issues (global warming and climate change is being brought up a lot more than 25 years ago). 3 things I believe has gotten worse: Racism is on the rise, the middle class continually declines, and more misogyny & homophobia.

The Trump administration is about promoting, protecting and preservation of privilege based on race, class, biological sex, sexual orientation, disability, age, socioeconomic class, and for a right-wing system based on capitalism, religion, social conservatism and nationalism. This caused a wave of racial incidents, hate crimes and far-right wing hate groups like what we saw in Charlottesville in 2017 when militias joined Neo-Nazis and the Proud Boys violently protested.

leomoon

This woman is Trump's "spiritual advisor" in the White House....If you watch the video all the way through, I'd like to know your opinion on it. You "seem" level headed and unbiased.

It appears he will do anything, including learning about "black magic" from Africa which she incants and promotes?

IF she was in any other place being seen this way, they'd take her away for a 72 hour mental illness hold until it was determined what in the world is wrong with her?
this is the woman Trump brought into the White House to advise.
Something about Black Magic? Something about Africa and magic? Was he looking to create some black magic spell on the Election race with Biden and Kamala Harris

The video is about 5 minutes:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gdf...EZwob9i3FFKVDOAZCva7Gz3qdt2pTrJmAA9a9nNwSr8I8

leomoon

This minority group sees it in this way:

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2020/11...or-paula-white-losing-possible-biden-victory/

Donald Trump’s spiritual adviser Paula White delivered a flamboyantly passionate prayer for “angels” to help Trump to win.
Related: Trump just hired televangelist Paula White to work in the White House. She’s his ‘personal pastor.’
She works herself into a trance and starts speaking in tongues, and then declares: “For angels have even been dispatched from Africa right now. Africa right now. From Africa right now. They’re coming here. They’re coming here. In the name of Jesus, from South America. They’re coming here. They’re coming here.”
She repeats that “angelic reinforcement” is coming from South America and Africa but, apparently, not Asia, Europe, Australia, or Antarctica.

In an attempt to shore up his Evangelical base for the 2020 elections, Trump has hired his personal pastor, Florida-based televangelist Paula White, to work in the Office of Public Liaison, a fancy-name for the department that reaches out to Trump’s supporters.
While she’ll primarily be involved in his Faith and Opportunity Initiative to expand the influence of religious groups over government programs and policy,

note: I have to wonder IF taxpayers have been paying her way now since Nov. of 2019? T repeat crazy incantations on his behalf (see Video prior post):

https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/11...-white-work-white-house-shes-personal-pastor/

cosmicseeing

The artists I admire in the musical community are talented people of color.
Here I'll share lyrics of a song by Mereba, titled Heatwave and featuring 6lack

Run, run, run
You better run, run, run like a demon chasin' you
Run, run 'til your face is blue
Run, run
Run, run
You better run, run, run like a demon chasin' you
Run, run 'til your face is blue
Run, run
For your momma's sake
Long Summer, long Summer, long Summer
Long Summer, it's gon' be a heatwave
Long Summer, all summer
Our Winter's like Summer
Long Summer, long Summer, yeah
Long Summer, long Summer
It's gon' be a heatwave
Long Summer, in our Winter (they killin' niggas)
See they see, see it in your skin, yeah
And they clips got the chips, yeah
They got that heat on they hip, yeah
And they can't wait to let it rip, no no
See they see, see it in your skin, yeah
And they clips got the chips boy
They got that heat on they hip, yeah, uh
And they can't wait to let it rip, no no
Okay, I ain't tryna die on this beautiful day
I couldn't stand the thought of not seeing your beautiful face
So I'ma run like, I've been running the streets right
I mean, run like I just missed the streetlight
I fall flat like I'm trying out for track
'Cause they beat a nigga blue just for loving that he black
My advice is, run like Obama 'fore they catch you like Osama
Better, run like a nose 'fore they catch you like a cold
He got that heater on his hip, yeah
He evil so he might just let it rip, yeah
And I know how to hold nobody ****, yeah
So why the **** the coppers is on my dick? Yeah, be clear
It's gon' be a long, long summer
Tomorrow's never promised and I sometimes really wonder
When they tell me "keep the peace" do they mean click-clack?
I know we're looking forward but I gotta watch my back
Run, oh
Run, run
Run, run, run
Run, run, ooh
Long Summer, long Summer, long Summer
Long Summer, it's gon' be a heatwave
Long Summer, all summer
Our Winter's like Summer
Long Summer, long Summer, yeah
Long Summer, long Summer
It's gon' be a heatwave
Long Summer, in our Winter, yeah
And he got that heater on his hip
Clip is with the shits
He don't shoot to miss, click-clack, click-click
Got that heater on his hip
Clip is with the shits
He don't shoot to miss, click, clack
And we got that heater on our hip
Clip is with the shits
And we don't shoot to miss, click-clack, click-click
Got that heater on my hip
Who gonna be crying?
Your momma or mine?
Your momma or mine?

Source LyricFind

JUPITERASC

BREAKING:
5th Circuit Says

Planned Parenthood Can Be Defunded :smile:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6NSxMpPcGg

That is disturbing.

I did some research.

David,

do you know how many abortions were performed in sweden in 2019. 36,000 for the entire year of 2019.
Its sad to say, but the US out beats them in a week.
By percentage of population: 10 million in Sweden,
330 million in the U.S.A.,
Sweden has twice the percentage rate of abortions
compared to the U.S.

Siriusly :smile:
Sweden is clearly following the secular humanist belief that abortion is a perfectly acceptable means of birth control, as opposed to a last resort when contraceptives failed, or were unavailable. If Sweden put the effort into creating safer, and more user-friendly contraceptives, and encouraging their use, it could cut the abortion rate down to practically 0%.

That's what anti-abortion forces in the U.S. should be doing also, instead of lining the pockets of the "back-alley" abortionists who are taking advantage of the closing of medical clinics that perform much safer abortions when it comes to a woman's health.
Anti-abortionists are apparently clueless, both in the U.S. and Sweden as to how to replace abortion by promoting contraceptives. The Catholic Church is a huge part of the problem, because it actually forbids contraception, including condoms! Abortion will continue regardless of laws against it or the closing of abortion clinics. They'll just be later-term abortions and those performed by unqualified, "back-alley" abortionists, who pose a much greater threat to the women's health.
And, the cluelessness continues. :sideways:

PHILANTHROPIC RACISM :smile:
- aborting three million babies annually
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3wQx-BjmfJk

Being objective about it, the real argument is about the definition of "full-fledged human being", versus simply "under-developed human organism".
Many proponents of abortion argue that it's brain function that determines it.
Many opponents of abortion argue that it's conception alone that determines it.
I don't see any chance of one side persuading the other that its opinion is the correct opinion.

images

intercardiacinjection.jpg

I don't know if a fetus is a living organism.

I know that it becomes a human child

when it can survive outside of a womb.

y7uhx.jpg

suc1.png

suc2.png

01.jpg

amde4.png
Really? you don't think it is alive?
Has working organs, arms and legs,
requires nourishment, produces waste, etc
- all of these before it can survive outside the womb.

This is the problem with abortion advocates.
An attempt to contradict simple scientific fact.
The only way abortion can be defended,
is by first denying an evident truth: that the fetus is alive.

We all know it, that is why you have to go to great lengths
to come with a conditioned response about
how it "has to be born alive".
badsangerquotes.jpg

David you are defending "thinning" minority populations.

This... I don't even have words to describe how awful and racist your current position is.

Do you even read your own words?

You are literally advocating for population control of the black community.
Eugenics is about forced sterilization as a means to prevent pregnancies.

It's not about abortions, which terminate pregnancies already in progress.
International Planned Parenthood is a primary advocate for
the Chinese Government's policy
of forcing women to have abortions against their will
and it also advocates for the
sterilization of Third World non-Whites across the globe.
It seems that
Planned Parenthood is "..pro-choice.." when trying to impress
the U.S. media
but anti-choice
in the actual implementation of its world-wide agenda. :smile:

She changed the name precisely because "birth control" can be construed to include abortion, which she adamantly opposed.

MARGARET SANGER
changed the name of American Birth Control League
to
Planned Parenthood during WWII
IN ORDER TO DISGUISE HER RACIST PAST

MARGARET SANGER had associated herself with Adolph Hitler
praising him for his racial politics of eugenics
Charles Lindbergh, heroic aviation pioneer,

said that he preferred Hitler's Germany to the United States,

although he remained in America.
be27a800c55b7a45f2375a6c87fa22c1.jpg
Margaret Sanger expressed regret at

her early association with Adolf Hitler.

MARGARET SANGER
changed the name of American Birth Control League
to
Planned Parenthood during WWII
IN ORDER TO DISGUISE HER RACIST PAST :smile:

MARGARET SANGER had associated herself with Adolph Hitler
praising him for his racial politics of eugenics

sanger-1-quote.jpg

CapAquaPis

Just when the Great Conjunction takes place, the COVID-19 vaccine is here and the winter/Christmas/New year season should make us kinda merry, we have to be thankful of what we have and the world can get better when we put our minds into doing what we need to do to end a crisis. I'm sick and tired of hate, bias, bigotry and prejudice really gone worse in 2020 than any year I can recall in my 40 years (anyone older than me told me there was more legal, casual and open racism before I was born in 1980). And mainstream conservatives are hypocritical: "we are not racists, it is wrong, immoral and unacceptable", then I catch them worry about so much non-white minority and immigrant population growth will displace the white, English-speaking, Christian and native-born US population by the middle of the 21st century, it has happened in New York City and other US metro areas and coastal states like now white minority California.

CapAquaPis

The 1776th reply to this thread about America (the year the US became an independent nation) and in the year 2020 (also my 3030th recorded forum post). I mentioned on this thread I had an ancestor not on the Mayflower (make that 2 or more: my French-born father and Native American Osage/ Cherokee on my mother's paternal side).

Besides, I'm a descendant of the co-founder of the Plymouth colony, William Brewster, about 400 years ago he fled from England to start a theocratic colony away from the influence of the state Church of England he felt was a "heretical/pagan/non-native" form of Roman Catholicism, he was a Puritan Calvinist of the Protestant movement in late 1500s/early 1600s northern Europe. He would not like 2020 American social norms, morals and laws, esp. Massachusetts now has many Irish and other Catholic Americans and the whole US has a variety of religions and more non-religious secularists (we're still not fully tolerant and accepting of atheism, unlike most first world countries, i.e. the majority of Japanese and the Czechs each are non-religious, humanists and atheists).

And I'm a (southern) Californian, but the liberal mecca SF Bay area on the (northern) coasts are definitely the polar opposite of the state's (inland) bible-belt red counties (I'm in Riverside, which is surrounded by majority Republican Orange, San Bernardino, San Diego, Ventura, esp. rural Imperial, and Kern north of very Democratic L.A. city and county). Our European ancestors wanted a new society in North America, then North Americans did the same in the US west coast. America may be one of the most religious first world countries, but California is one of the least religious states, going by church attendance and religious denomination membership rolls.

CapAquaPis

The strict rules in (North) America against sexuality from the 1890s, socialism in the 1950s and today with stereotypes...we have rules in society to keep order and civility, and to promote dignity and respect for others. Libertarians argue we need a middle ground for social liberalism and fiscal conservatism they tend to favor. We shouldn't make anything we as individuals or the majority find offensive and defamatory illegal, like we don't prohibit the KKK from holding public demonstrations nor foul language isn't banned by the US constitution.