Creativity and the Twelfth House

Robyn

Hi folks, I've been examining the topic of creativity in my birth chart for quite a while now, and not necessarily from the perspective of wanting to be an artist for the sake of being one. But rather, I'm wondering if creativity might be able to help me unlock the 12th house (Virgo), in which I have a 4-planet stellium (not counting the Virgo ascendant - which would make it 5).

Although my moon is in Pisces, it's conjunct Saturn by 1 degree, so I feel it has hindered my creativity. My sun also has a difficult Saturn aspect (opposition). (I have lots of oppositions and conjunctions in my chart.)

Basically, I'm wondering if the Venus-Mars conjunction trined by Neptune has any redeeming value for accessing my creativity and getting into the 12th house).

I understand that Uranus plays a role in creativity (ruler of Aquarius), but it's in the 12th house.

I've heard people say that when you have too many planets in the 12th house that one should get out of it and go into the opposite house. Well, Saturn conjunct the moon in in Pisces is one of the most difficult aspects - period. So what does one do in this situation?

I'm highly creative in my work as an instructional designer, but this is limited to creativity on the computer (I develop instructional videos for corporations and have a unique signature to my work).

I'd like to move this creativity into the art studio I set up for myself, but I just can't seem to do it. I procrastinate something terrible (and I don't procrastinate anywhere else). This has been going on for a very long time.

While I'm highly analytical, I know there's a lot of creativity inside. I'm just having a hard time tapping into it.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Robyn

[Moved this post from someone else's thread and altered the title. If you want to start a discussion about your own chart, always make it a separate topic from anyone else's. - Moderator]

Attachments

• birth chart2.jpg
    birth chart2.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited by a moderator:

watcherofthesouth

In order for you to forward, I believe you'll have to tap into the Virgo energy (analytical). You could host instructional classes where you are analyzing artists' work as well as use the space as your studio. It would be best if you did this at or near your home, which must be near water. Surround yourself with water (blue walls, mirrors, a fountain) and use a dream (Pisces) board to help you visualize success. A remedy is cold water (Saturn/Moon) so if possible, incorporate this into some of your art pieces or surroundings (fountain). Also, to offset Saturn delays, it's important to have a strict schedule when doing anything creative (I will work on my art business starting at 9 am every am on Tues and Thurs). Whatever schedule you decide, stick with it and you'll get good results from Saturn. Try it for 3 weeks.

watcherofthesouth

As an additional note, I would consider holding art therapy classes - a Pisces/Virgo profession. The placement of Chiron (which I can't see) will guide you on whether that would benefit you. I'd also be interested in seeing the degrees of your North Node and POF.

Timmytwothumbs

I have a pretty strong 12th house, I have brothers and sisters with strong 12th houses. We all play instruments. I guess I would call it a latent talent though. It's something that just feels really natural and we are all complimented on our abilities I wouldn't call it creativity though. That's more fire and air houses. The 12th house is your subconscious side so it's the side you act out without even realizing it. Your dreams can give you hints as to what your 12th house is concerned with. As far as visual arts taurus and libra and Venus rule that part of life. So look to those planets the most famous artists have very powerful Venus placements.

Starsareround

Yeah I'm also not sure the 12th house is about creativity. I have a heavy 12th house but all those planets are Leo, which is creative, but 12th is more about losing the ego and ego attachments. Creative planets and signs here can get buried and need some resurrecting.

kshantaram

Premium Member
hope helps adapt as relevant,
share salient pointwise how true-insightful-helpful,
traits-talents-health-events-trends-prospects etc etc :

jup taurus 9th, creative, energetic, stubborn, aptitude for
arts, singing, banking, nutrition, professor, advisory roles;
but under stress-delay

pisces-jup 7th inimical-malefic for virgo asc, stress-delays in marriage-vocation;
inimical jup over taurus 9th, stress-delays in luck-edu-travels;
throat-thyroid-ENT issues;

prayers for saint of faith, offer yellow flowers fri evenings at alter at home;

mars-venus-rahu NNode sensitive cancer 10th, mars debilated,
non-assertive, anemic toxic health, suppressed anger; foreign assignments;

artistic aptitudes, acting skills, water-fountains, navy, rise-fall in life;
lord moon over 6th with sat needing extra career efforts;
prayers for ancestors, observe fast No Moon evenings;
observe death anniversaries religiously;
wear red coral over copper pendant alongwith brown hessonite;

rahu now transit leo 11th, gains from foreigners;

sat now 2.5yrs transit own cap 4th opp mars-venus-rahu,
stress in home-property-career-health matters to care;

observe fast sat evenings taking milk fruits or as per custom;

previous 3 yrs sat transit sag 3rd good for initiative-progress;

moon-sat sensitive pisces 6th, worrying health;
economic attitude, research-teaching in economics, etc
mer-sat opp, tactical-negotiation skills;

Sun-mer asc lord elevated virgo 12th, literary-oratory aptitudes,
mer lord 10th for career too,
audit, quality management, hospital management, editorial roles;
sun lord 11th over 12th, gains from foreign lands;
may wear green emerald over pendant touching heart;

mer debilated aspect moon-sat pisces and sun-sat opp affecting health,
feet, intestines, skin, heart, lungs, etc

ketu separative SNode cap 4th, detached attitude at home;
detachment from mother-motherland-property;
pain-injury-surgery heart-lungs-knees etc;
prayers to Christ, offer red flowers at the alter at home sat evenings;

jup now transit own sag 3rd,
good for advisory-counseling-directorship roles;
trine leo 11th for income-gains-friendships;
trine aries 7th for marriage-relationship;

previous one year jup transit scorpio for research-occult aptitudes,
trine natal jup taurus 9th for luck-edu-travels-creativity,
trine mars-venus-rahu cancer 10th for career, arts, acting, etc

hope helps, promptly ack and share feedbacks how true-untrue etc,

wishing well, kshantaram

Robyn

Thank you everyone for the excellent feedback!

I'm just now seeing the responses from the community -- after all this time. (I was thinking that emails would be sent as notifications.)

Creating a schedule and sticking to you it sounds right. Saturn always gives rewards for continue effort, as I know in my work.

watcherofthesouth: Chiron is in the sixth house with Pisces. POF is in Pisces (with Saturn). MC is Gemini 25°25' Is MC the same thing as North Node? Some sites say that my birth year (1964) means that Cancer in the 10th house is my North Lunar Node and Capricorn in my 4 house is my South Lunar Node.

Last edited:

kshantaram

Premium Member
Appreciate the ack.

if could share pointwise salient feedbacks on the reading,
how true-insightful, traits-talents-health-trends-prospects etc etc

wishing well, kshantaram

Robyn

kshantaram, here's a few things to either confirm (or not):

Throat-thyroid-ENT issues (No). Anemic toxic health = No (I'm too health conscious), no foreign assignments. No real health issues - just always aware that I have to take extra care not to stress body/mind. Pain-injury-surgery heart-lungs-knees etc. = No.
Sensitive and artistic = yes. Aptitude for occult/arts = yes. Digestion/intestinal issues: No, but I must always eat right (can't partake of what the average person is eating).
Marriage - not for me.

Interesting that you point out that Saturn is now transiting my Capricorn (my South Node - fourth house) opposite mars-venus-rahu. I understand that the South Node represents something that we're already good at -- but which can distract one from working on the spiritual life lessons represented in the North Node. I'm reading "Healing the Soul" by Mark Jones, and he provides some good cookbook examples for the lunar nodes (e.g., South Node in 4th house/Cancer) to give readers some samples, but everything's always in the reverse for my chart (i.e., Capricorn is where Cancer is and the other way around), so these cook book examples are hard to figure out for me. Cancer in the 10th house seems contradictory. Cancer represents home and family, but the tenth house represents career and social status.

FROG

Try considering the Sign as andesciption of How the house and planet will express. The House is where in life the planet expresses. The planet is the WHAT or the subject.

Cancer ... any planet or house with Cancer is going to express the nurturing it takes to make a seedling grow well. Cancer is associated with the oroductivity of a good business, because it takes the same kind of attention to nurture business. The dedication. The attention to the needs of the seedling, or the starting business. That is the Cancer way. That is the How. Then the planet is WHAT,and the house is WHERE.