Will I ever have a happy family life of my own?

waybread

Saturn in the 7th or ruling the 7th can indicate delays and disappointments in finding the right person. Or finding someone later in life. Or finding an older man. Or finding someone who seemingly embodies Saturnine/Capricorn traits, whether Saturn or Capricorn are prominent in his chart or not.

You have a yod pattern in your chart involving Mars and Jupiter in sextile, both forming a quincunx to Neptune-- which is right on your 7th house cusp. Neptune deals with beautiful illusions and bitter disillusionment, so your job with the yod is to distinguish between reality and unreality in relationship matters.

With so many planets in your 5th house, I think children are important to you. I wonder if you are able to volunteer with children through an after-school or weekend program.

I don't see why you can't have a fulfilling relationship: just probably not right on your hoped-for schedule. A good relationship worth waiting for seems better than a bunch of unsatisfying dates.

katydid

Saturn in the 7th or ruling the 7th can indicate delays and disappointments in finding the right person. Or finding someone later in life. Or finding an older man. Or finding someone who seemingly embodies Saturnine/Capricorn traits, whether Saturn or Capricorn are prominent in his chart or not.

You have a yod pattern in your chart involving Mars and Jupiter in sextile, both forming a quincunx to Neptune-- which is right on your 7th house cusp. Neptune deals with beautiful illusions and bitter disillusionment, so your job with the yod is to distinguish between reality and unreality in relationship matters.

With so many planets in your 5th house, I think children are important to you. I wonder if you are able to volunteer with children through an after-school or weekend program.

I don't see why you can't have a fulfilling relationship: just probably not right on your hoped-for schedule. A good relationship worth waiting for seems better than a bunch of unsatisfying dates.

Yes, I think you will. And the fact that you are even considering it now, wondering about it sincerely, shows us the change that is coming.

Having Saturn and Pluto going over your Saturn in the natal 7th is very difficult. And could make it hard to successfully establish romantic partnerships.

But Saturn has moved into Aquarius, although has retrograded briefly back into Cap. But the movement into Aquarius will be a huge relief for you and your relations.

Especially as Jupiter moves over the Saturn. That brings OPPORTUNITY for new relationships.

Pluto has already plowed through that conjunction with Saturn, and forced you to look at how difficult YOU can be.

Others may have confronted you in the recent past---accusing you of being INFLEXIBLE, unyielding, and too stubborn for them to deal with?

That comes with the PLUTO transit of Sat in 7th. A forced confrontation that urges you to be humble and reborn, after being held to the fire, forced to be accountable, and perhaps having to give up ground by resigning or moving or giving up posessions. LOSS...followed by renewed perspective, and PHOENIX rising from the ashes.

So Pluto leAves and you are arising from the ashes, but with a renewed sense of self. With feelings of hope and inspiration?

And here comes JUPITER....:wink:

Your Saturn sextiles that 5th house stellium in Scorpio. <<<<THAT energy comes alive with this Jupiter transit to your 7th.

The 5th is LOVE, creativity, fun, children, self confidence.

I think those aspects of yourself have been kind of locked down. They exist internally, but Jupiter in Leo squares them, and self consciousness, insecurity has kept it kind of inactive.

Saturn and Pluto moving through the 7th had to break down some walls in order for you to awaken those desires and urges for 5th house activities. [LOVE affairs, etc]

LostinPhilly

Thank you, Katy & Waybread!

I think the quarantine/lockdown has definitely pushed me to have a proper look at my personal life and where it currently stands. Prior to this, my focus was on a multitude of things (same as most people) and I really didn't have any interest in contemplating the future of my personal life. It was neglected/tossed to the side. I've been happy on my own from my mid-twenties up to now, but suddenly, a switch got triggered.

Yes, I'm aware that Saturn in the 7th is the core factor to this situation. It tends to delay marriage/romance and instills an inclination towards older/more Saturnian types. Now, I'm not into "older" men at all (perhaps 3-5 years max, definitely not younger), but I'm quite a serious person myself (though a bit too "stimulated/bubbly" at times). I need someone who can allow me to be "centered" without being patronizing. I'm looking for a relationship of equals which seems to be a bit of an issue, because I can sometimes be quite inflexible and rather "harsh". My Cancer Rising allows me to be generous, kind, empathetic with a maternal side, but my unaspected moon might be the issue. I have a lot of empathy, but flexibility and comprise are not my forte. I wouldn't call myself a "difficult" person and I've gotten a lot more "mellow" in the past 2 years (basically, when Saturn transited my 7th house), but I can be too assertive or too "black and white" at times.

I forgot that Saturn is in Retrograde at the moment, back in my 7th which makes all sense. I was focused on my finances and then suddenly, I'm back to thinking about my relationship pattern etc. Pluto is bound to stay in my 7th for another few years - not great. My relationships (of all kinds) have been rather inconsistent, but gotten better in the last few years.

waybread

I wouldn't rule out an older man, LostinPhilly, if he otherwise is what you want in a life partner.

My husband of nearly 24 years is 9.5 years older than I am. This age difference means that our nodal axes are conjunct and reversed, which is pretty powerful. Also our synastry and composite charts are pretty good.

I suggest that you look for the person, not the age bracket.

katydid

It is OK that Pluto is in your 7th for awhile longer. The worst part is Pluto conjunct the natal Saturn.

Once that has passed, the Pluto lurking in the 7th is REBUILDING your psyche and your 7th house reactions. :bandit:

curiousabout77

Saturn is opposite your natal chiron at the moment so you may be spending time thinking about wounds that you carry to your sense of self so part of you is thinking about how you relate to other people but another part of you is inwardly focused on healing.
After the chiron opposition is over, you will probably feel lighter and better about yourself and understand yourself better. You will know more about what you want and need in your life.

LostinPhilly

Thank you.

Yes, I think for the last couple of years, I have been focused on various external things (career, social life, health routine, travelling) that I have not had the time to sit down and think. I never really felt any urge to have a "family" and dating hasn't exactly been my priority in the last 5 years. I just didn't have any interest in 1) putting myself out there 2) taking the time to think about a future family life as I was too "busy" with personal progression. It is a side of myself that has been locked away for a long time and it is suddenly surfacing. It probably has to do with the fact that my social life has been a bit quiet and therefore allowed some room for "introspection".

Whilst I'm still very much focused on my personal progression, it seems a switch has been triggered and marriage/children have been on my mind quite a bit. I'm not particularly feeling this as a result of peer pressure as I'm not getting peer pressure at all, on the contrary. It just happened naturally. On certain days I feel sad and on others I feel hopeful almost happy that this side of myself has been opened. I have been wondering for the last few years as to why I wasn't communicating with this side of myself. I thought being on my own would be sufficient. Perhaps I'm simply maturing, but I'm far less inhibited than I was before on this topic. It's interesting.

katydid

I just now noticed that Tr. North Node will be passing over your natal Moon this Month. It is conjunct now but will be exact during 2nd and 3rd weeks of September.

Your natal Moon is NOT unaspected. It will be better for you if you get that notion or description of it being totally disconnected, out of your head.

Your Moon makes a quincunx to Mercury. And the Mercury has a lot of sextile to Capricorn planets, setting up a wide Finger of Fate to your Moon.

Right now, Tr Saturn and Pluto are setting up that YOD, or Finger of Fate. So your Moon is very connected and in focus right now. :wink:

It is a good time to focus on meeting new people and on being more open to serious relationships. Maybe even social media dating sites for serious relationships, not hook ups. :whistling:

Natal Moon inconjunct natal Mercury:

The moon represents our emotional nature, our security and deepest needs. It containts our basic habits and unconscious reactions related to our past karma and upbringing. It is associated with the mother and with feminine energy in general, it is both our inner child and mother. It is responsive, receptive, reflective and instinctual. In our personal chart it shows how we respond to our environment emotionally.

Moon Inconjunct Mercury

You end up confused at times because you read more into communications than are there. It's good to be able to read between the lines - just make sure you are also reading what is on the lines. Your expectations and imagination are assets as soon as you are able to develop a method for expressing your true feelings. Since many of your feelings are hidden from you, self-expression becomes a path of self-discovery.

http://astromatrix.org:8111/Horoscopes/Planet-Aspects/Moon-Inconjunct-Mercury

Here is more about Moon/Mercury in conjunctions:

It is critical for Moon-Mercury people to articulate and verbalize their feelings, to be able to talk about their feelings and what is going on inside them. If they are born into a family in which the myth is that you don’t talk about how you feel, then the child will be in trouble. Another danger for Moon-Mercury is a tendency to detach from the feelings and intellectualize them.

As a planet, Mercury represents the desire to label things. Mercury wants to give everything a name because that seems to make things feel safer. Naming something brings it out of the dark night, out of the dark world into light. Accordingly, I believe that certain kinds of psychotherapies, particularly the talking therapies, are advantageous for people born with Moon-Mercury contacts because it satisfies their need to verbalize.

I myself have a strong Moon-Mercury contact in my chart, and I often comment that I don’t know what I’m feeling until I hear what I’m saying, until I put it into words. So, Moon-Mercury is saying, “If you love me, listen to me. If you love me, talk to me. Tell me what is going on with you. Tell me what you feel.”

https://skywriter.wordpress.com/2010/06/19/understanding-mercury-aspects-to-the-moon/
From ^^^ the late Richard Idemon, a brilliant astrology teacher

So your natal Moon/Mercury inconjunction is being highlighted now, by being part of a YOD, created by tr Saturn/Pluto.

Last edited:

LostinPhilly

Thanks a lot, katydid! Very helpful as always :)

I have been living under the impression that I had an unaspected moon for years now. I really appreciate the clarification! It definitely provides me with a better understanding of my chart.

Meeting new people would be a great thing! Last year was such a social year for me despite the fact that Saturn was transiting my 7th house. I had a really rich social life and even met a few guys (nothing happened there). Then, Jupiter entered my 7th house and what I thought would be a great transit literally dried my entire social life up (COVID restrictions haven't helped either). Whilst I believe meeting new people would be a great thing, the COVID restrictions are still very much enforced where I live, so not really easy to meet anyone under these circumstances.

I tried dating websites a few years ago and I only met highly toxic men through those websites or men I wasn't really interested in. I had a really bad track record, hence the fact I've sworn them off and haven't been near those websites in close to 7 years. Most guys I met were through work, but it is obviously not an option at the moment.

By the way, I think my Saturn in the 7th is a clear indication I'm not the hook-up type (as opposed to all the guys I've met). I don't want to be TMI, but I'm still a virgin - so you can imagine the luck I've had! I'm not embarrassed and I'm where I'm supposed to be I guess, but I feel as though I missed an avenue somewhere in my twenties.