Is this okay for surgery?

AJ Astrology

Hi all,

How's this for surgery? It's scheduled for August 31, 2016 at 7:15 am, although the surgery itself will take place about 2 hours after that.

I'm Mercury (who is stationary) flanked by Venus and Jupiter. I'm taking this as a good sign since both are benefic planets, yes?

The Moon is "void of course" and "slow" according to SolarFire, and the hour ruler is Mercury.

Which house represents the surgeon? Would that be H7 and Jupiter?

My understanding of horary is that we don't use the outer planets, but having Uranus retrograde in H8 is a bit unnerving.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• Surgery.jpg
    Surgery.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 62

katydid

here is a list of don't from an astrologer that does elective dates:

http://www.mollysastrology.com/astrology-tutorials/how-to-select-a-surgery-date

Strongly unfavorable
Avoid surgery
within 3-5 days of the full Moon. Avoid the waxing Moon. Just a few days after the new Moon is ok, but the closer to full, the more potential for problems.
Mars squares. Mars under stress signals hasty action, accidents, pain, inflammation, bleeding, arguments, anger, fighting. Basically all the stuff you don’t want around you when you’re having surgery. I do not recommend surgery when there is a square from transiting Mars or to natal Mars. (Venus square Mars could go under “avoid if you can”, if it’s not a cosmetic surgery, if there’s no other trouble around it, and if there is something good or very good to offset it.)
Mars conjunct or opposite Sun, Moon, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. Mars conjunct or opposite Mercury or Venus may work if there is support from other planets or the Moon. If there’s another squaring planet, probably not.
Mercury or Sun square or opposite Mars, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto
Unfavorable transits from the Moon to to other transiting planets, especially Sun, Mercury, Mars, Saturn, Uranus, Neptune, Pluto. Venus isn’t that important unless it’s a cosmetic procedure.
Unfavorable transits to the planet that rules the part of the body undergoing surgery. Moon for stomach and breasts, Mercury for lungs and hands, Jupiter for liver, Sun for the heart, etc.

Avoid if you can
Moon in the sign that rules the part of the body being operated on. (Every sign corresponds to a part of the body. For example Aries is associated with the head. Therefore, Moon in Aries is not the time to operate on the ears, jaw, brain, eyes, head, or face.)
Moon void of course
Moon in the sign opposite your Sun sign
Mars in the sign opposite your Mars sign
Mars retrograde
Mercury retrograde
Moon in a mutable sign— Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, Pisces.
Unfavorable transits from outer planets to patient’s natal chart.
The Moon’s final aspect before going void of course being unfavorable

(for cosmetic procedures) Venus in Aries, Virgo, or Scorpio

Last edited:

katydid

I would go look at her website. That page has an exhaustive list of do's and Don't in electing a good time.

[Of course, there is never going to be a perfect time and date and we are constrained by the surgeon's availability and time schedules etc. ]

But that T-square to Mars/Saturn conjunction in angular 4th, ?.......Does not seem that positive an indication for surgery....?

Last edited:

AJ Astrology

But that T-square to Mars/Saturn conjunction in angular 4th, ?.......Does not seem that positive an indication for surgery....?

Hi katydid,

Thanks for looking. I don't see the T-square as a problem, since the outlet for the energy is H10, and this surgery is in part so I can go back to work. It's just minor surgery for a ventral hernia. I'll have to stay over-night in hospital. You can see Virgo rising and Virgo rules the stomach.

katydid

Hi katydid,

Thanks for looking. I don't see the T-square as a problem, since the outlet for the energy is H10, and this surgery is in part so I can go back to work. It's just minor surgery for a ventral hernia. I'll have to stay over-night in hospital. You can see Virgo rising and Virgo rules the stomach.

OK. You are probably right. If it was a mars ruled area it might be more problematic.

Oddity

It may be okay for a routine procedure, but I would urge caution. The moon is about to go combust, which is going to hamper the surgeon's ability to see what's going on, and the sun applying to square both Mars and Saturn can indicate problems like excessive bleeding, infection, pain, and swelling.

Is it too late to pick another date? It's not like you'll die from this, but why not make it as easy as possible for yourself?

katydid

It may be okay for a routine procedure, but I would urge caution. The moon is about to go combust, which is going to hamper the surgeon's ability to see what's going on, and the sun applying to square both Mars and Saturn can indicate problems like excessive bleeding, infection, pain, and swelling.

Is it too late to pick another date? It's not like you'll die from this, but why not make it as easy as possible for yourself?

Hey Look Oddity, we agree on something. :joyful:

AJ Astrology

Hi oddity,

Thanks for looking at the chart. I'm confused, which planet represents the surgeon? I thought it was Jupiter ruling H7. I don't really have control over scheduling, since the surgery is being done at the VA hospital. Maybe that explains some of the Martian qualities in the chart.

AJ Astrology

Hi all,

Just following up on this thread. It appears Mercury stationary is not a good time for surgery, when the surgery involves the abdomen. The surgery went fine, but there were complications post-operation, mainly ileus, a condition in which the intestines stop working because they are "asleep."

An overnight hospital stay turned into 9 days overnight before being discharged to a nursing home for rehab, where I'm still at. I hope to be sent home within the next couple of days.