Pluto Opposite Sun Transit

SailorPluto911

Hello everyone,

I know this probably gets posted about a lot, but right now im experiencing a Pluto opposite Sun transit and I would like to know how this is going to potentially affect me- and is there any things to watch out for etc.

Pluto is making its way through my 2nd house opposing my Sun in the 8th so which is house is getting transformed? both or just the second/or eighth?

I know its not completely 'exact' yet but it will be soon enough and I have been probably feeling its influence without realising

I have a Neptune and Uranus conjunction thrown into the works as well so I suppose this is adding something else to the transit too

Anyway I would love to hear from anyone's experience with this transit as well!

Thanks! :smile:

Attachments

• astro_24gw_01__201744_39662_49177.gif
    astro_24gw_01__201744_39662_49177.gif
    60.8 KB · Views: 41

blackbery

The approaching aspect is more powerful within a 7 degree orb and will continue to intensify until it makes conjunction and then the ordeal is more or less over. Takes about a year and the energy is subtle but there will be times when you feel completely powerless. People of influence and power will try to put you down and there will be numerous power struggles, primarily with men.

Being on the 2/8 axis, you will reach a better understanding of your finances. How you earn or receive your money could change and there could be great amounts of money to you and from you. In the end, you will be wiser and have more insight into what drives you and your ability for self-resilience.

It's a very intense transit but because it's slow moving it doesn't affect you the way a Uranus transit would for instance. You are naturally a powerful self-reliant person with that natal Pluto placement.

:smile:

Hello everyone,

I know this probably gets posted about a lot, but right now im experiencing a Pluto opposite Sun transit and I would like to know how this is going to potentially affect me- and is there any things to watch out for etc.

Pluto is making its way through my 2nd house opposing my Sun in the 8th so which is house is getting transformed? both or just the second/or eighth?

I know its not completely 'exact' yet but it will be soon enough and I have been probably feeling its influence without realising

I have a Neptune and Uranus conjunction thrown into the works as well so I suppose this is adding something else to the transit too

Anyway I would love to hear from anyone's experience with this transit as well!

Thanks! :smile:

SailorPluto911

The approaching aspect is more powerful within a 7 degree orb and will continue to intensify until it makes conjunction and then the ordeal is more or less over. Takes about a year and the energy is subtle but there will be times when you feel completely powerless. People of influence and power will try to put you down and there will be numerous power struggles, primarily with men.

Being on the 2/8 axis, you will reach a better understanding of your finances. How you earn or receive your money could change and there could be great amounts of money to you and from you. In the end, you will be wiser and have more insight into what drives you and your ability for self-resilience.

It's a very intense transit but because it's slow moving it doesn't affect you the way a Uranus transit would for instance. You are naturally a powerful self-reliant person with that natal Pluto placement.

:smile:

Hi Blackbery,

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question :)

When you say there will be power struggles, do you think I should push back against these when i meet them or is it better to acknowledge that this is the transit at work and let things be? Being a Pluto person by nature I suppose i am used somewhat to these energies lol

The better understanding of finances will be a good thing, so the transit isn't all that bad, having neptune and uranus there in the 2nd house natally makes that whole area abit murky for me. I don't like thinking about money and banks etc so i guess I will be forced to take a good look at all that. At the minute i must say that there seems to be money going out and none coming in. Hopefully this will change soon :p

Do you think it will transform my self esteem in ways too? I do sometimes struggle with that so a change for the better would be welcomed lol

Lin

Have you thought about relocation?
The Sun rules the 9th house in your chart and Merc rules your MC. So these will be the houses affected.
The 8th house is the house of "partnership values." So ....what you WANT in another person is affected by transits to this house.
And your ideal career path....might change. Pluto conj Uranus is another dynamic which will shake things up. You want to know ,.....maybe even you want a guarantee about what will happen in the future. You need to feel secure...but...your chart isn't set up that way. Uranus guarantees that.
So you need to have (always) a second choice.....in general....about everything.

You have Jupiter trine Venus from Libra to Gemini. So....really, your life is going to be complicated...because you will have changing goals as things get boring or too routine. And yet....you like routine...in a way. That is a big conflict for you. Venus square Mars. It's very personal. Sometimes it may seem as though you are a spectator in your own life.

You have Sun-Merc trine Pluto natally. So....you will be able to "metamorphose" as needed. And after a difficult transit you will have to admit that "it was necessary". that's what I believe your charts message is.

LIN

Last edited:

SailorPluto911

Have you thought about relocation?
The Sun rules the 9th house in your chart and Merc rules your MC. So these will be the houses affected.
The 8th house is the house of "partnership values." So ....what you WANT in another person is affected by transits to this house.
And your ideal career path....might change. Pluto conj Uranus is another dynamic which will shake things up. You want to know ,.....maybe even you want a guarantee about what will happen in the future. You need to feel secure...but...your chart isn't set up that way. Uranus guarantees that.
So you need to have (always) a second choice.....in general....about everything.

You have Jupiter trine Venus from Libra to Gemini. So....really, your life is going to be complicated...because you will have changing goals as things get boring or too routine. And yet....you like routine...in a way. That is a big conflict for you. Venus square Mars. It's very personal. Sometimes it may seem as though you are a spectator in your own life.

You have Sun-Merc trine Pluto natally. So....you will be able to "metamorphose" as needed. And after a difficult transit you will have to admit that "it was necessary". that's what I believe your charts message is.

LIN

Ahh LIN you're reading me like a book! Spot on!

I feel like a crazy person, i cant seem to settle on anything or really know what im doing, constantly changing my mind all the time. And it drives me mad because i want to be steady and secure and just 'know' like you said above.

Amazing how you can tell im scattered from just looking at my chart lol

I am going to university in September after finally deciding on a career to pursue and I really hope it works out for me and i see it through. I have changed my mind a few times on which direction to go in, been confused/unsure etc and my parents and friends think im just having a laugh at this stage. It's become a sort of running joke.

I will be relocating possibly for university but its close to home so i dont think that counts lol. I do daydream of going abroad but its not a possibility right now

Yes i agree with the metamorphoses theme, ive already undergone many! When i look back on my life so far, i can hardly believe it was me at all or this and that happened and so on, but as you say, yes "it was necessary".

Deep down I've always felt my life will be unsettled even though i try to play it down, it causes me panic. I guess i can never say it is boring lol

Thanks so much for your insight!

:)

Lin

Well, I'm a lot older than you and also I don't have the Sun in Cancer. However: I have been kicked around pretty good between Pluto opposing my Jupiter and Venus in Cancer (in my 8th house) and Uranus square them. Basically torture. One odd thing that has become very apparant is that I don't want to cook any more.

I used to cook and bake (very Cancerian things) and didn't HATE housework....and now I just feel like a slave or a dray horse....an old one. I am OVER it. I love being a mom but as my kids have grown up and don't live really near anymore (again, the Pluto effect) it's been a real struggle.

Now you are in a different position. You are attempting to figure out what you will want to do as part of your authentic self. I can tell you that with Pluto opposing your Sun and the Sun as the ruler of your 9th you probably won't know exactly what you want to do for the foreseeable future. So my advice is: take the courses you would have to take no matter what your ultimate goal is. There are many of these.
And begin take the courses in the major you're interested in. IF you change your mind down the road, you can change your major.

Yes, this is possible. One of my daughters began her college career as a music major, as she played an instrument. 3 years later she switched majors to Women's studies.
She graduated and then took time off, went back for a graduate degree in Urban Planning...and got her Masters.

It was hard watching this from my perspective.....but for her ...well, she was finally INSPIRED - and that is what happens when you finally KNOW what you want. Her previous "credits" were not a waste. Nor was the work experience she got in between graduating and getting her Masters.

You can't compare your life with anyone else's. You are an individual and you have to accept that you will be inspired at the right time. Meanwhile, do your best at whatever subjects you take.
Uranus conj your Moon will be difficult too.....but...it is a transit and you can take comfort from the fact that it's faster than Pluto and won't last forever.
LIN

Last edited:

SailorPluto911

Well, I'm a lot older than you and also I don't have the Sun in Cancer. However: I have been kicked around pretty good between Pluto opposing my Jupiter and Venus in Cancer and Uranus square them. Basically torture. One odd thing that has become very apparant is that I don't want to cook any more.

I used to cook and bake (very Cancerian things) and didn't HATE housework....and now I just feel like a slave or a dray horse....an old one. I am OVER it. I love being a mom but as my kids have grown up and don't live really near anymore (again, the Pluto effect) it's been a real struggle.

Now you are in a different position. You are attempting to figure out what you will want to do as part of your authentic self. I can tell you that with Pluto opposing your Sun and the Sun as the ruler of your 9th you probably won't know exactly what you want to do for the foreseeable future. So my advice is: take the courses you would have to take no matter what your ultimate goal is. There are many of these.
And begin take the courses in the major you're interested in. IF you change your mind down the road, you can change your major.

Yes, this is possible. One of my daughters began her college career as a music major, as she played an instrument. 3 years later she switched majors to Women's studies.
She graduated and then took time off, went back for a graduate degree in Urban Planning...and got her Masters.

It was hard watching this from my perspective.....but for her ...well, she was finally INSPIRED - and that is what happens when you finally KNOW what you want. Her previous "credits" were not a waste. Nor was the work experience she got in between graduating and getting her Masters.

You can't compare your life with anyone else's. You are an individual and you have to accept that you will be inspired at the right time. Meanwhile, do your best at whatever subjects you take.
Uranus conj your Moon will be difficult too.....but...it is a transit and you can take comfort from the fact that it's faster than Pluto and won't last forever.
LIN

Yeah, Pluto gets us all in some way or another I guess! No escaping!

Thanks for sharing the story about your daughter! I can relate, I studied art for four years and dropped out before I finished my degree. I became disillusioned with it and thought the whole thing was a money sinker.

But as it stands, Im going to study Psychology at university and maybe who knows down the line I can combine my art skills and become an art therapist, that way im still making use of my talent and im helping people as well. I want to feel a sense of purpose and feel like im doing something worthwhile if you get me.

yeah the Uranus transit to my Moon is a bit of a stinker alright, internally i feel like everythings up in the air. I just have to keep reminding myself to be open to change (easier said than done for me), but im sure everything will work out in the end up

Thanks again for your wisdom! Best of luck with the housework, hope it gets easier for you :)

Lin

WEll, the thing about Pluto is that it goes far beyond physical metamorphosis. It also provides vision....truth.....and other things according to the potential of the chart of every individual.

It is not the "hard work" of housework that I resent. It's the TIME it eats up. It's the futility of it. The repetitive character of "cleaning." It never freaking ENDS!!
And it eats up my time --- and I have other more interesting and important things to do....the fact that most of what I find interesting and important doesn't PAY me in cash
does not come into it from my point of view.

Pluto will have it's way. It's up to all of us AFTERward to figure out what to do with what we get at that point!

Uranus is just chaos ......but sometimes brings great intuition. Unfortunately, if in square, opposition or inconjunct, it does so painfully. And again, after the storm we have to work with what is left. Hopefully, wiser.
LIN