Answer To That 1 Question - Which is Better Horary Or Tarot

saini

I am going through a very terrible personal moments in my life with respect to a relationship issue and have have done a lot of self research on Western Approach to Horary. I know a bit of Vedic Astrology, but there is not much available in Vedic Astrology with respect to Horary. In Vedic Astrology, Horary Astrology is called "Prashna Kundali".

I contacted a couple of professional astrologers for a paid Horary Reading, but they declined my request siting reasons that it involves a third person.

I also contacted a few other prominent Western Astrologers for help. And, one very prominent Astrologer from Australia, probably the best in Australia said that doing a 1 Question / 1 Card Tarot Reading would be a better option considering Horary.

In his words,

"Personally I think a tarot reading would be much more accurate than a horary reading. Tarot will give you a clearer answer than a horary chart"

I am already considering taking a paid Tarot Reading.

But, iis doing a 1 Question / 1 Card Tarot Reading a better technique as compared to interpreting a Horary Chart.

The replies from experts on Horary would be better understanding on this.

saini

And, this bring me to a stalemate again.

One Tarot website says.....

"You need to remember that Tarot Readings were neither designed to know dates or answers to a yes or no question. Tarot Readings could just tell you the description, feelings or an explanation of what the drawn out card tells of your current situation"

And, another Horary Expert Website says this.... and to be honest, this guy is right.

He suggests that we should use the time & Location of the Astrologer for to make the Horary Chart.

His explanation to his point of view is as under:-

"Many clients are confused when I use my time, date and location ("the
received time") for the chart of a horary question, rather than using the time, date and place that they asked the question ("the asked time").

Horary uses the birth of a question, rather than the birth of a person, so
the issue of when a question is born is key. You have no doubt been thinking about your question for some time, so it would be hard to really pin down when you first thought of it. Our traditional sources and my experience bear out that the question is really born when you ask it of the astrologer and thus when the astrologer receives and understands the question. It is possible to use the asked time and location, but these horary readings are much more subjective and less accurate than using the time and location the astrologer receives the question.

This confuses a lot of people and you can be sure that I would definitely use the asked time and place rather than endlessly having to explain why I use my time and location except for the fact that my time and location invariably gives a more accurate answer!"

This guy is so correct in what he says.

We may be able to pin-point the location when the question first came to our mind. But, the date and time are so dynamic. Human mind is so dynamic, and thoughts come in and go in a flash and come back again and go off again.

renjer

Personally I use both. If you need specific answers - pick horary. The chart is cast at the moment the astrologer understands the question. But if you need general guidance eg "How will my business fare over the coming year?" I think tarot is the better way to answer this question.

saini

@Renjer

I can now understand it much better. After much self-reading about "Horary", I now understand why is it important that the timing of the question needs to be taken as the time the Astrologer understands the questions and erect the chart, this becomes the birth time for the question.

Understood fully.

But, with due respect to all the Senior Members of the forum who respond to the People who upload their Horary Charts....

Should not these Senior Members cast a Horary at the time they post their replies.

But still, all the Members who post in their replies are doing a really great job !!!

We need to admit, if we take the time of birth for the question as time thequerent asks the question, there is a 50% chance that the Chart itself is wrong.

I feel it is next to impossible for a person to think of a question and post it right away.

I am sorry. Nothing to hurt the sentiments of the Members of the forum.

But, at the end, all the Members who contribute to the forum are doing a great job !!!

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

@Renjer

I can now understand it much better. After much self-reading about "Horary", I now understand why is it important that the timing of the question needs to be taken as the time the Astrologer understands the questions and erect the chart, this becomes the birth time for the question.

Understood fully.

But, with due respect to all the Senior Members of the forum who respond to the People who upload their Horary Charts....

Should not these Senior Members cast a Horary at the time they post their replies.

But still, all the Members who post in their replies are doing a really great job !!!

We need to admit, if we take the time of birth for the question as time thequerent asks the question,
there is a 50% chance that the Chart itself is wrong.

I feel it is next to impossible for a person to think of a question and post it right away.

I am sorry. Nothing to hurt the sentiments of the Members of the forum.

But, at the end, all the Members who contribute to the forum are doing a great job !!!
The way that Horary works is not that "a person must immediately post right away
when a question is thought of" but instead
after much thought which may take days, weeks or months
of many questions
when the person decides on the final wording of their question
THEN THEY NOTE THE TIME the final wording is decided on
that is simple to note the time
no need to create a chart or post it immediately
just note the time
then create the chart at any time you like and post it when convenient
the important factor is
you noted the time you decided on the question
:smile:
that's the distinction

saini

Senior Members.....

I am really sorry that I started this discussion.

I think I am too "Naive" about this topic. It is just that I have been doing too much reading on "Horary" with no previous knowledge about "Western Astrology".

Please accept my apologies.

Moderators can take the liberty of deleting this thread.

JUPITERASC

Senior Members.....

I am really sorry that I started this discussion.

I think I am too "Naive" about this topic.
It is just that I have been doing too much reading on "Horary"
with no previous knowledge about "Western Astrology".

Please accept my apologies.

Moderators can take the liberty of deleting this thread.
saini you are not at fault :smile:
ours is an astrological learning forum
it is simply important to be aware that each of us members
have different levels of aptitude

Your thread is useful for all those who like yourself
have no knowledge of horary
obviously you need to find out which is best method for you to use
that is the purpose of your thread
you need to find out from someone how to do horary

HOWEVER
keep in mind that there are skeptics of astrology
and that's no problem
everyone is entitled to their opinion

persevere
and you shall receive the answers you seek

An Horary Chart is simply a Transit Chart cast at the time of the Question.

You can cast it as a "Natal Chart"
just choose either Regiomontanus, Alcabitius or Whole Sign Houses
and enter the date, time and location of the Question.
Regiomontanus is the house system of preference for those who follow William Lilly
as do the majority on our forum

astro.com has an EXTENDED CHART SELECTION PAGE
on that page select from amongst the fourteen available options
of the most popular house systems currently in use

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

I think I am too "Naive" about this topic.
It is just that I have been doing too much reading on "Horary"
with no previous knowledge about "Western Astrology".
saini
the following guidance is quoted from the posts of our experienced member BobZemco

The theory behind Horary is very simple:

SUMMARY

1) there is a Question that weighs very heavily on your mind.

2) when you have a clear understanding of what it is that you really want to know
you cast a chart
or an astrologer casts one for you

3) That freezes the Planets as they transit the heavens at that moment (hence: Horary) :smile:

4) the Rising Sign and Planet that rules the Rising Sign represents you

5) the House, or often more correctly, the Sign that represents the Matter you're asking about
and the Planet that rules that Sign represents the Matter.
The Matter can be a person
or a thing
or an idea (like a rumor or a dream).

6) the relationship between those two rulers
tells you what has happened, and what is yet to come.
That relationship is in the form of aspects.
If there are no aspects, then there is nothing to come.

7) the Moon plays a special dual-role
signifying the State of Mind of the Querent
and also how things play out, how they happen,
and when they happen.

8) in addition to forming aspects
those Planets must also have Perfect Reception
as opposed to simple Reception.

9) How things actually play out depends a lot on the "strength" of the Planets involved.
The strength of the Planets
indicates their ability to do act
and do things

and carry out plans and make things happen.

A Planet that is not just in its own Sign,
but also in its Triplicity or Term,

and is Direct in Motion, Fast in Speed, Angular or Succedent,
in Hayz, in a trine aspect with Venus/Jupiter/Sun is very powerful.
That's a person with a purpose in life
who has both the will and ability to act and make things happen.

BUT IN CONTRAST

A Planet that is Slow in Speed, Retrograde, in Fall/Detriment, Cadent

and not in Sect or worse is Out-of Sect isn't going to be able to do anything
even when there is Perfect Reception in the char
this person is going to botch every thing up
and turn a dream about ponies and gum-drops into a nightmare
because they don't have the strength or will to make things happen.

saini

saini
the following guidance is quoted from the posts of our experienced member BobZemco

The theory behind Horary is very simple:

SUMMARY

1) there is a Question that weighs very heavily on your mind.

2) when you have a clear understanding of what it is that you really want to know
you cast a chart
or an astrologer casts one for you

3) That freezes the Planets as they transit the heavens at that moment (hence: Horary) :smile:

4) the Rising Sign and Planet that rules the Rising Sign represents you

5) the House, or often more correctly, the Sign that represents the Matter you're asking about
and the Planet that rules that Sign represents the Matter.
The Matter can be a person
or a thing
or an idea (like a rumor or a dream).

6) the relationship between those two rulers
tells you what has happened, and what is yet to come.
That relationship is in the form of aspects.
If there are no aspects, then there is nothing to come.

7) the Moon plays a special dual-role
signifying the State of Mind of the Querent
and also how things play out, how they happen,
and when they happen.

8) in addition to forming aspects
those Planets must also have Perfect Reception
as opposed to simple Reception.

9) How things actually play out depends a lot on the "strength" of the Planets involved.
The strength of the Planets
indicates their ability to do act
and do things

and carry out plans and make things happen.

A Planet that is not just in its own Sign,
but also in its Triplicity or Term,

and is Direct in Motion, Fast in Speed, Angular or Succedent,
in Hayz, in a trine aspect with Venus/Jupiter/Sun is very powerful.
That's a person with a purpose in life
who has both the will and ability to act and make things happen.

BUT IN CONTRAST

A Planet that is Slow in Speed, Retrograde, in Fall/Detriment, Cadent

and not in Sect or worse is Out-of Sect isn't going to be able to do anything
even when there is Perfect Reception in the char
this person is going to botch every thing up
and turn a dream about ponies and gum-drops into a nightmare
because they don't have the strength or will to make things happen.

@JUPITERASC

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs

saini

I just purchased a "Horary Interpretation Software" based on Vedic Astrology. It seems to be good. But, it has list of questions against which you can get answers.

I would like to try it out for a few questions that are posted on Horary Section in this website.

But, the output would be based on Vedic Astrology.

But, unfortunately, I still can not get a selection of a question that I need an answer to.

Hard luck.

The Software is called, "Prashna Kundali Explorer"

Prashna Kundali means "Horary"

"Prashna" is the indian for "Question"

JUPITERASC

@JUPITERASC

Thanks a lot for your valuable inputs
That's ok saini :smile:
your situation is certainly challenging
but do your best to keep calm as you consider your options

keep in mind forum rules from which I now quote http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/faq.php

'....Please know that you should take your own risks
if you decide to trust someone else with their astrological services,
as this forum does not undertake any responsibility for any astrological services,
especially those offered against a fee, via this forum in any form:
through public forums or chat, private messages or emails.

Also remember that this is a public forum, indexed by search engines
(Google, for instance), so basically everything you post here
is not only viewable by any other person, but
it also can be retrieved by a simple internet search....'

dr. farr

PS: I have used Tarot since c.1964; I have used horary (Ankara horary) since the 1970's ( I have experimented with I Ching beginning in the 1970's, and with Geomancy also beginning in the 1970's)

In the early 1960's, books on horary astrology were rather rare; I had read of Lilly and his being the great horary resource; but at that time (1963) no reprints of this "Christian Astrology" were commonly available; I found an early reprint at the UCLA library, and I remember every Saturday taking the bus to UCLA, to read and take notes from "the horary Master" (I was 13 years old at the time) After 5 months of this, and of trying to make practical sense of Lilly's instructions (which were in archaic English, not easy to understand) I had had enough of "horary", and while continuing to study other branches of astrology, I rejected the "horary" branch: it was then that I turned to the Tarot whenever I wanted to make a divination. Much later (the 1970's) I found that there was at least one alternative to horary (that is, to Lilly's horary model) and that's when I learned (via oral tradition) the method of Ankara horary, which I have used (whenever using horary divination) from then up until the present time (2017)...

Last edited:

saini

PS: I have used Tarot since c.1964; I have used horary (Ankara horary) since the 1970's ( I have experimented with I Ching beginning in the 1970's, and with Geomancy also beginning in the 1970's)

In the early 1960's, books on horary astrology were rather rare; I had read of Lilly and his being the great horary resource; but at that time (1963) no reprints of this "Christian Astrology" were commonly available; I found an early reprint at the UCLA library, and I remember every Saturday taking the bus to UCLA, to read and take notes from "the horary Master" (I was 13 years old at the time) After 5 months of this, and of trying to make practical sense of Lilly's instructions (which were in archaic English, not easy to understand) I had had enough of "horary", and while continuing to study other branches of astrology, I rejected the "horary" branch: it was then that I turned to the Tarot whenever I wanted to make a divination. Much later (the 1970's) I found that there was at least one alternative to horary (that is, to Lilly's horary model) and that's when I learned (via oral tradition) the method of Ankara horary, which I have used (whenever using horary divination) from then up until the present time (2017)...

Dr.....

I am sending you a PM.

Can you help me on a Relational Horary Question

saini

Post the question and the chart in the horary section and I'll look at it.

The problem is, I have had a thought about this question atleast 1000 times in the past 3 months... asking this to myself again and again and to my friends who understand my situation.

So, I have thought about this question very seriously over these 3 months. And, every time I think about it, it seems I really need the answer. So, very difficult to know when is the correct time to cast the chart.

I even asked, Mr. Noel Eastwood (Pluto's Cave) if he could do interpretation of my Horary Chart. But, he said, I should do a Tarot Reading instead.

I never believed Tarot Cards. But, just to check what it shows for my present situation, I just did a free reading at "Free-Tarot-Reading.net". Did a deep thinking before picking 6 Cards from the Deck and the outcome is amazing. Exactly what I am going through at the moment. And, the last card (outcome) is just want I am looking forward to.

I was amazed at how it read my complete problem and each and every of the 6 cards I chose relate to what I am going through at the moment.

The most promising was the 6th Card -The Lovers

Here is the outcome of the 6 Cards that I chose at "Free-Tarot-Reading.net" :-

Card 1: How you feel about yourself

The Moon

You feel confused, vulnerable and full of doubts. However, all is not as it seems. Feel the fear and do it anyway, because all will turn out well. Expect the new and unexpected to show up and welcome it into your life.
Your turbulent emotions are muddying the waters so step back and try to find clarity of mind, no matter how difficult this proves to be. Things may seem tough or confusing but stick with it, it's right for you.

Card 2: What you want most right now

The Emperor

The Emperor in this position suggests that what you most want at this time is success and achievement, and the support and influence of perhaps your father, husband/partner or another man of significance in your life who you believe could help.

Card 3: Your fears

The Chariot

The word failure isn't in your vocabulary. You are worried things are more of a struggle than you expected, with more delays and frustrations.
Things aren't going according to plan at all - just chill out, calm that mind of yours and you'll find the strength to battle on until you succeed. This is a period of movement and change and conflicts ending in victory.

Card 4: What is going for you

Strength

Brave heart!
Your self-confidence and courageous spirit is unstoppable at the moment.
Be patient and compassionate, self-disciplined and strong and you will reap great rewards for your courage.

Card 5: What is going against you

The World

As always, fear holds us back and so often leads to missed opportunities.
Do not give up or change direction this late in the game just because you have experienced delays.
Stick with your plan, have faith and trust the universe, and you will reach the successful conclusion you are wanting.
Card 6: The likely outcome

The Lovers

Love is coming into your life even if you really can't see where from at this time.
If you are on your own a new lover will soon enter your life.
If you are in an unhappy relationship you have a choice to make - go with your heart, take the risk. Greater happiness is ahead of you.

dr. farr

The problem is, I have had a thought about this question atleast 1000 times in the past 3 months... asking this to myself again and again and to my friends who understand my situation.

So, I have thought about this question very seriously over these 3 months. And, every time I think about it, it seems I really need the answer. So, very difficult to know when is the correct time to cast the chart.

I even asked, Mr. Noel Eastwood (Pluto's Cave) if he could do interpretation of my Horary Chart. But, he said, I should do a Tarot Reading instead.

I never believed Tarot Cards. But, just to check what it shows for my present situation, I just did a free reading at "Free-Tarot-Reading.net". Did a deep thinking before picking 6 Cards from the Deck and the outcome is amazing. Exactly what I am going through at the moment. And, the last card (outcome) is just want I am looking forward to.

I was amazed at how it read my complete problem and each and every of the 6 cards I chose relate to what I am going through at the moment.

The most promising was the 6th Card -The Lovers

Here is the outcome of the 6 Cards that I chose at "Free-Tarot-Reading.net" :-

Card 1: How you feel about yourself

The Moon

You feel confused, vulnerable and full of doubts. However, all is not as it seems. Feel the fear and do it anyway, because all will turn out well. Expect the new and unexpected to show up and welcome it into your life.
Your turbulent emotions are muddying the waters so step back and try to find clarity of mind, no matter how difficult this proves to be. Things may seem tough or confusing but stick with it, it's right for you.

Card 2: What you want most right now

The Emperor

The Emperor in this position suggests that what you most want at this time is success and achievement, and the support and influence of perhaps your father, husband/partner or another man of significance in your life who you believe could help.

Card 3: Your fears

The Chariot

The word failure isn't in your vocabulary. You are worried things are more of a struggle than you expected, with more delays and frustrations.
Things aren't going according to plan at all - just chill out, calm that mind of yours and you'll find the strength to battle on until you succeed. This is a period of movement and change and conflicts ending in victory.

Card 4: What is going for you

Strength

Brave heart!
Your self-confidence and courageous spirit is unstoppable at the moment.
Be patient and compassionate, self-disciplined and strong and you will reap great rewards for your courage.

Card 5: What is going against you

The World

As always, fear holds us back and so often leads to missed opportunities.
Do not give up or change direction this late in the game just because you have experienced delays.
Stick with your plan, have faith and trust the universe, and you will reach the successful conclusion you are wanting.
Card 6: The likely outcome

The Lovers

Love is coming into your life even if you really can't see where from at this time.
If you are on your own a new lover will soon enter your life.
If you are in an unhappy relationship you have a choice to make - go with your heart, take the risk. Greater happiness is ahead of you.

Then the answer (by this Tarot spread) to your question is YES, a relationship will eventually actualize involving the querent and the person asked about.

saini

Post the question and the chart in the horary section and I'll look at it.

Not gonna help that way. I have already posted the questions atleast 2 to 3 times and no replies.

I just ordered a Paid Horary Reading from Mr. Dorje L. Kirsten (HeartAstrology.com).

Also considering a few others.

In my kind of situation, it is important that the Astrologer cast the chart at the time of understanding the question.

I will share the reading that I receive from Mr. Dorje L. Kirsten.... to Senior Members who had offered help..... (By Private Message).