Chiron conj. ASC: bullying during childhood?

Blue Lioness

I've been reading a lot about Chiron conjunct ASC, and one thing that attracted my attention is that many people with this aspect have suffered from bullying during childhood.

My ASC in Cancer conjuncts Chiron in Cancer, 12th house, but they're 8 degrees apart. However I did suffered from bullying when I was a kid - I don't know if Chiron has anything to do with that, since it's not that close to my ASC, but being bullied made me feel that people never accept me the way I am, so opening up is truly hard.

But in case someone else is also interested, we could discuss about it a little bit.
Someone who knows more about Chiron can confirm all this thing about Bullying? How to deal with this?
People with this aspect: have you suffered from bullying during childhood?
Also, what other traits would someone with Chiron conjunct ASC have?

mdinaz

Chiron is where we suffer wounds to the psyche, typically in childhood but in adulthood also. Whether the ASC is required for bullying I don't know - I guess it depends on why you were bullied. I was never physically assaulted, just picked on or made fun of because I was smart and the smallest kid in class. I still had plenty of friends, even though sometimes it was some of my "friends" making fun. That would be the Saturn in the 11th component - and being the smallest I guess the sextile to the ASC. I think Chiron on the ASC just means you are more visibly a victim to others, however in the 12th I would think you would be more likely to suffer silently.

For me it all rapidly changed by high school when I grew 7 inches in one year, started lifting weights, and chased one kid all the way down the hallway in high school and beat him down, and essentially picked fights with some of my other tormentors when I caught them in a back hallway alone (they wouldn't do anything of course without their 'posses'). Nobody bothered me after that.

Blue Lioness

so you were able to deal with the bullying part! :) hm, maybe I should look at other aspects in order to identify the kind of bullying during childhood, then.

I know I was bullied due to my appearance (short hair whereas all the other girls had long hair, and because of my clothes) and kids - especially boys - made fun of me only because of that. so I grew up with a serious lack of confidence in friendships and relationships, because I have always felt that people don't accept me the way I am. and it's true I did suffered in silent - I never told my parents and friends about any of the things that hurted me back then.

I also have Chiron conj. Moon/Venus in Cancer, 12th house, and Moon conj. ASC. maybe these aspects have helped me to be a visible victim to others, then?

mdinaz

Chiron conj Moon made it worse for you - you really felt the bullying emotionally and with Venus and Cancer - it affected your feelings of safety and security deeply. My Chiron is in Pisces so there was an emotional component, but it is opposite Mars in Virgo which is conj Uranus and Pluto. I just mostly got mad, and later, got even. And with Mars/Uranus/Pluto all in earth signs trine a Taurus rising, I think once I finally did get visibly mad, it might have scared some of them (like when I caught the bullies by themselves). Mars conj Pluto also makes me extremely competitive.

My bigger problem with Chiron conj Saturn in the 11th was the fact that some of my alleged friends would treat me that way. That occurred a few times in early adult hood too. I think the lesson for me was to learn not to let people take advantage of me or disrespect me, particularly people whom I am associated with and who should show me common courtesy at least. That lesson luckily was learned by the time I was 20 when I had to cut out another best friend who disrespected me only when we were in front of other friends and coworkers. That was the last straw and has never happened again where I allow that behavior.

Blue Lioness

Hm, I see. So aspects with Mars and Pluto really helped in order to get over childhood bullying and Chiron wounds, then. Well, my Chiron square Mars in Aries, but I don't think my Mars could help me out with this, since it is square Neptune in Capricorn (Chiron opp Neptune).

But thank you very much for the insights and for the feedback. :)

mdinaz

Hm, I see. So aspects with Mars and Pluto really helped in order to get over childhood bullying and Chiron wounds, then. Well, my Chiron square Mars in Aries, but I don't think my Mars could help me out with this, since it is square Neptune in Capricorn (Chiron opp Neptune).

But thank you very much for the insights and for the feedback. :)

Well it helped me tap into my natural aggressiveness and competitiveness, which until that time was not being expressed, but was always there. That was probably my Mars opp Saturn aspect.

Mars in Aries, that's pretty naturally aggressive. The problem may be that with Mars sq Neptune and Chiron opp Neptune, you had a picture in your mind of what the repercussions might be - getting in trouble, physical pain etc - and these kept you from acting. The reality was probably far different than the actual pain experienced. Since Neptune is the planet of illusion, it probably gave you some negative illusions of what was 'possible', not necessarily 'probable'. I have Mars sextile Neptune and Neptune trine Chiron, so I can relate to that but that effect wasn't as strong as my Mars/Pluto aggression eventually was. Perhaps you just need to get past the illusions of what the repercussions are of acting vs the reality of not reacting.

Blue Lioness

that makes totally sense, as I keep imaginig things, how they would happen and how people would hate me for being too aggressive, etc. yeah, it makes a total sense, indeed.

demetraceres

I've been reading a lot about Chiron conjunct ASC, and one thing that attracted my attention is that many people with this aspect have suffered from bullying during childhood.

My ASC in Cancer conjuncts Chiron in Cancer, 12th house, but they're 8 degrees apart. However I did suffered from bullying when I was a kid - I don't know if Chiron has anything to do with that, since it's not that close to my ASC, but being bullied made me feel that people never accept me the way I am, so opening up is truly hard.

But in case someone else is also interested, we could discuss about it a little bit.
Someone who knows more about Chiron can confirm all this thing about Bullying? How to deal with this?
People with this aspect: have you suffered from bullying during childhood?
Also, what other traits would someone with Chiron conjunct ASC have?

Interesting writing.

My ASC and Chiron are 3,5 degrees apart. Chiron is in the first house in Aries and in difficult, tense aspects. I don't know so much about Chiron in the 12th house (maybe could be a victim of a community, or expelled from community), Chiron in the first house, especially close to ASC, is strong and influences life perception. You can look on life as a victim or as a healer.

This is the first time I hear for the connection between bullying and Chiron on ASC. My experience is complex. I don't know what to think, because many people are targets of bullying during childhood, but probably only few get severe wounds. There were not many examples of bullying in my childhood, but there was one, very cruel and severe that had lethal consequences later in my life.

I do believe that Chiron on ASC can be connected with some kind of victimization, probably early in life. In my case the main source of victimization came from my family, mostly from my mother. This was the main source of my wounds and vulnerability, subsequent bullying was somehow just the consequnces of this vulnerability.

Last edited:

mdinaz

Interesting writing.

My ASC and Chiron are 3,5 degrees apart. Chiron is in the first house in Aries and in difficult, tense aspects. I don't know so much about Chiron in the 12th house (maybe could be a victim of a community, or expelled from community), Chiron in the first house, especially close to ASC, is strong and influences life perception. You can look on life as a victim or as a healer.

This is the first time I hear for the connection between bullying and Chiron on ASC. My experience is complex. I don't know what to think, because many people are targets of bullying during childhood, but probably only few get severe wounds. There were not many examples of bullying in my childhood, but there was one, very cruel and severe that had lethal consequences later in my life.

I do believe that Chiron on ASC can be connected with some kind of victimization, probably early in life. In my case the main source of victimization came from my family, mostly from my mother. This was the main source of my wounds and vulnerability, subsequent bullying was somehow just the consequnces of this vulnerability.

Good points. A good healer is often one who has been deeply wounded for who can relate to emotional pain better than one who has already been there? Most drug and alcohol counselors are former addicts themselves - they are the only ones who can really understand what it's like to be there.

Chiron in the 12th house would be more one that suffers silently in the background. Chiron in the 11th would more be one who suffers at the hands of society or friends - or negative aspects from those planets and rulers.

Blue Lioness

Interesting writing.

So, the victimization that came from your mother made you wounded, and then maybe your vulnerability was shown to people through your ASC, which could have helped the bullying to happen? That's interesting. It is almost the same with me - except that I was wounded by kids who bullied me, and with the 12th house I never told other people about these things.

I presume you're grown-up now. Do you still feel like people notice your vulnerability and hurt you the way it happened when you were a kid?

Did you manage to heal this wound? I read everywhere that Chiron is both the one who's wounded and the healer, but all I feel is the wound part. I have no clue how to help people to heal.

demetraceres

So, the victimization that came from your mother made you wounded, and then maybe your vulnerability was shown to people through your ASC, which could have helped the bullying to happen? That's interesting. It is almost the same with me - except that I was wounded by kids who bullied me, and with the 12th house I never told other people about these things.

I presume you're grown-up now. Do you still feel like people notice your vulnerability and hurt you the way it happened when you were a kid?

Did you manage to heal this wound? I read everywhere that Chiron is both the one who's wounded and the healer, but all I feel is the wound part. I have no clue how to help people to heal.

Yes, this is how I see the main origin of my wounds. I'm grown up now for a long time. It's actually difficult to answer this questions. Sometimes I'm not satisfied how I set my personal boundaries. And I had some bad experiences in work environment. Some wounds were healed, some parts of vulnerability disappeared, but I can't say that I completely overcomed everything. It's not that most of the people notice my vulnerability and hurt me (most of the people are not prone to hurt others), even in my childhood it happened only in few occasions. The problem with people like me is, that you can became an easy target for specific psychological type of people, with certain psycho tendencies. Most of the people are not like this. This is the kind of people I am trying to learn to deal with. I think I am much better in this, but not completely healed.

I don't think that I have to heal others because of my astrological positions. There was a phase in my life when part of my work was certain emotional support for people and it seemed they benefited from my efforts. But I wouldn't call it healing. I am trying to overcome some issues, if this means I can help others, even better but I don't believe I must become a healer.

It takes time to heal the wounds, sometimes lots of time. But I'm sure that you can make a progress if you work on it.

When it comes to astrology - I'm not sure if Chiron in conjunction with ASC necessarily means a person who was deeply wounded. Maybe some people have natural healing abilities without experiencing traumatical events. And there is a question of aspects. I have only difficult aspects with tight orbis, so probably it doesn't make so easy to overcome existing wounds.

And there is another question I didn't explore yet. Chiron conjunct ASC means squares with MC /IC and opposition with Descendant. So, I suppose it could represent certain wounds considering career field, partnerships and family of origin. What do you think about this?

Last edited:

Marasca_Cherry

I have Chiron on my Rising. My childhood wasn't horrible but it wasn't that great, it had it's ups and downs. I was put down by other kids and my family, verbally made to feel very small. I still literally have this scar between my eyes that I got as a kid, I don't remember how I got though. People now warm up to me quickly and always tell me personal things, I think I give them good advice but then again I don't really have the answers. I typically don't share as much in return or I will give them easy, selective information, a minor thing and embellish it so it seems like i'm opening up. Which is an odd habit I just realized I had. But according to my chart I'm especially guarded with Virgo Sun, Scorpio Moon, Cancer Asc.

When I was younger people would always ask me what's wrong? why are you sad? and are you lost? That's my experience. I'm overly empathetic but I try to avoid it because most people don't seem that sensitive or involved in other people's emotions.

Last edited:

mdinaz

I don't think someone with Chiron on the ASC is necessarily a wounded soul, but their wounds that they do have are open for all to see. They area also considered natural healers because other people recognize their own wounds in them, like as a mirror. This interchange of energy then allows for healing to take place. The healer of course would need other aspects to assist with that, but it is still a natural talent. They are also more susceptible to other people's energy and may take in other people's pain as their own if they are not careful.

AquaAqua

Yes. I did indeed suffer severe bullying as a child. My Chiron is Conjunct my ASC by 2 degrees (1st house)

I find this true. In my case it came from my father. I also have Chiron square my Sun

They are also more susceptible to other people's energy and may take in other people's pain as their own if they are not careful.

Indeed very true. I have to work very hard to shield myself from negative/aggresive vibes/people. Quite susceptible to that.

nino

I'm new to astrology and haven't studied the asteroids yet but Chiron always fascinated me. I made an exception for it.

When i read the mythological story of the centaur Chiron i felt deeply, deeply horrified.

He accidentally took an arrow in his left leg by his beloved pupil and became crippled. He couldn't be able to find a solution to his pain but tried to help people around him. And later he sacrificed himself in order to end his pain.

When i was little, my left leg became crippled because of an accident caused by a loved one. I never blamed them for what happened but i spent a considerable amount of time in various hospitals in order to find a solution to end the pain. No solutions, of course. And the condition of my leg became worse and worse (deformation of the bones and some nerve problems). When i was in junior high, i helped a friend whose condition was worse than me. She was having a hard time climbing up the stairs and every morning we climbed up the stairs in front of the school together, for 3 years.
Lately, i was thinking about to have my leg amputated, because it's too much pain, psychologically and physically.

Too much coincidence i think. And it's very, very scary.

I got also bullied A LOT when i was a child.

Saturn also opposes my ASC, maybe it is the one that caused my condition, but reading the story alone made me want to believe that is Chiron.

I'll attach my chart here for anyone who wants to take a look.

Attachments

• my poor birthchart.jpg
    my poor birthchart.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 35