Pluto Now Called a Plutoid

Pallas-trine-Mars

Don't get too hung up on the astronomical community's labels. Pluto still rules Scorpio (and/or Aries) now and forever, as the Sun and Moon rule Leo and Cancer respectively.

And BTW what happened to 'Plutino'?

Last edited:

deanna

no... I just thought it was a funny name for Pluto and I wanted to share.....

Also in all niceness there was no indication in my post of being hung up or thinking that it changed what Pluto represented astrologically......it’s just a link to a yahoo article...hummmm..sorry if it upset you (hence the bold lettering and underlining-unless its the astronomical comunnity that is giving you an upset stomach)

On another note....

No matter how they try to downsize it big surprises come in small packages if you know what I mean.

They should not tease Pluto with silly labels or names - just wait until Pluto goes full force into Capricorn...

-De

Last edited:

Pallas-trine-Mars

Pluto: Planet, TNO, KBO, Plutino, asteroid (to some), planetoid, comet, Dwarf planet...

All these silly labels..

Edit: No it didn't upset me, it's just that I just want to knock some sense into people who confuse astrology with astronomy or are small-minded about them.

Last edited:

Joseph Ledzion

Pallas-trine-Mars said:
Don't get too hung up on the astronomical community's labels. Pluto still rules Scorpio (and/or Aries) now and forever, as the Sun and Moon rule Leo and Cancer respectively.

I, and many others continue to use the ancient rulers, and consider Pluto, Uranus and Neptune to be an influence containing such vast consciousness beyond, that it is transcendant of what a person can understand with their ego alone.

The outer planets cannot be used to discribe the personality. Further Pluto "still" has only been said to be ruler of Scorpio for a short time, so your harvesting of "now and forever" is still short in change, considering the script that the Ancients, including Hermes (Thoth) himself wrote.

This changing of Pluto is a good sign, bringing further awareness to what is going on in the world and with humanity; because Pluto is a wrecking ball, it is the soul destroying falsehoods. Only the truth will persist, Pluto in Sag says.

The ingress is in a few hours.

Everything is lined up perfectly.

May you all be blessed during this ingress of Pluto in Sagittarius. The changing of the name is a good sign. It means that, on some level, the astronomers are becoming aware of the influence of the vibrations of the planets, and how they truely effect consciousness.

Underneath the surface, we as astrologers, can see other's subconscious motivations and come to know the meaning behind what is going on. What more perfect that this recent occurance with Pluto ? Renaming it, perhaps opening the door to possibility, for Pluto is Sag brings the ultimate truth and pursuit of knowing, and it this journey we are about to embark upon, clearing out all rumble.

If at night you dream about some crazy death-machinary, like a bulldozer, a snowplow, a crane with a wrecking ball, a huge scary truck perhaps, etc., that is Pluto.

"A rose by any other name would smell just as sweet" --shakespear

The attention brought to the public, who knows not astrology, is now being tuned into Pluto, subconsciously. This is Good.

Joseph Ledzion

Pallas-trine-Mars

I guess that makes you a Hellenistic astrologer, Joseph? I prefer to observe both the modern and ancient rulers, mainly because the "personalities" match.

Like Aquarius can be cold and negative like Saturn at times, but they seem like they usually prefer to be unpredictable, social and not as obsessed with work and career (usually) as that planet who seems far more Capricornian in nature, even though I know the ancient astrologers of Indian and Europe considered it far more dignified in Aquarius than Capricorn. Uranus seems like a fair match for Aquarius (not perfect, but better than Saturn). Jupiter is a good match for Pisces, both are religious, liberal and expansive, but Neptune seems ABSOLUTELY perfect for that sign, more than any other planet/sign combination aside from Mercury/Gemini! It's religious, idealistic, watery, romantic, artistic, a match made in Olympus! lol Now as for Mars, I do a butt-load of chart analysis mostly courtsey of Astrotheme.com and Astrolog, and when it comes down to coinciding, it's always extremely close with these 2 (as is often the case with the other modern/traditional rulers), but I think Pluto is more like Scorpio in it's patient, brooding, scheming nature, whereas Mars is angry, restless and ruthless (a bit closer to Aries), though Curt Manwaring, another Hellenistic astrologer describes Mars' rulership of Scorpio like this:

Astrology-x-files.com/zodiac/scorpio.html said:
Keyword: "I Desire". In the cycle after Libra, after the first mature realization of what relationships with others produces, comes awareness of motivation. The planet of action and motivation, Mars, administers for this sign. In Aries, Mars represented personal action without regard for the concerns of others. In Scorpio, actions are scripted and tailored with others in mind. These 2 signs do not aspect (aspect is a Greek word meaning "to look") eachother and are therefore in aversion. Because they do not see eachother, the action becomes invisible. In other words these actions express in a way that is in aversion to the Aries forthright and spontaneous way of acting, therefore producing a hidden agenda. This is the reason why so many consider this sign treacherous. According to Valens:
Vettius Valens RE: Scorpios said:
"Those so born are treacherous, knavish, rapacious, murderous, traitors, unchangeable, those who are liable to have their belongings taken away, secretive plotters, theives, perjured, desirious of the things of others, privy to murders or sorcery or malicious doings, haters of their own families."
...Though I've met very few Scorpios that bad! Everyone with one or two, but maybe only one with that whole package! This is an example of why we shouldn't be too attached to tradition (extreme beliefs). These days many astrologers want to asign a new ruler to Virgo, and I'm for this (I have a Virgo asc), of course one problen is that it ruins the Thema Mundi style rulerships because with the 30-degree signs we use it's not possible for Mercury to be dignified in Gemini at the same time as the Sun in Leo, accept maybe through sign divisions like the dwads. But does this matter? Mercury and the Sun can't be exalted at the same time either if Aries is the Sun's and Virgo (or Aquarius for some modern astrologers and to me possibly Scorpio). Still, I think Mercury's happier in Gemini because it seems Mercury usually prefers communication, interaction, though and becomes more withdrawn in Virgo, though that was called by the ancients his 'exaltation'. But everyone's using a different ruler, with Chiron usually as the most popular (I think it's a little overrated) sometimes Vesta, though I think the handy, intellectual and also (along with Chiron) health-concerned asteroid Pallas is a good yet underrated choice too. Some also want Venus assigned to Libra or Taurus (with Libra as the majority pick), maybe with Ceres as ruler of Taurus, as for me, I'm not going to get too involve in that, I'll leave that up to popular concensus or Venus can be recognized as ruler of both traditionally and anciently AFAIC.

Speaking of Chiron, how do you feel about it? In Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius it moves pretty fast, but in the opposite of those signs it moves slower and become more generational.

This is the last time in century's Pluto will be in Sagittarius and it's permanent rentry into Capricorn will coincide with a Saturn opposition to Uranus (also the US elections!) There's bound to be some kind of surprise around election time. I wonder if Sagittarius is the exaltation of Pluto, it seems a pretty good match to me, but I'm too tired now to get into all that. Actually, Pluto in Sagittarius brought alot of lies, exaggerations of the truth and religious extremism, and aren't lucky to get a little bit more!?

Sorry about the long post, I'm a nerd, true Virgo asc and Aquarius Moon with Sun conjunct Mercury (Cancer)

Last edited:

warto

Pallas-trine-Mars said:
I guess that makes you a Hellenistic astrologer, Joseph? I prefer to observe both the modern and ancient rulers, mainly because the "personalities" match.

Like Aquarius can be cold and negative like Saturn at times, but they seem like they usually prefer to be unpredictable, social and not as obsessed with work and career (usually) as that planet who seems far more Capricornian in nature, even though I know the ancient astrologers of Indian and Europe considered it far more dignified in Aquarius than Capricorn. Uranus seems like a fair match for Aquarius (not perfect, but better than Saturn). Jupiter is a good match for Pisces, both are religious, liberal and expansive, but Neptune seems ABSOLUTELY perfect for that sign, more than any other planet/sign combination aside from Mercury/Gemini! It's religious, idealistic, watery, romantic, artistic, a match made in Olympus! lol Now as for Mars, I do a butt-load of chart analysis mostly courtsey of Astrotheme.com and Astrolog, and when it comes down to coinciding, it's always extremely close with these 2 (as is often the case with the other modern/traditional rulers), but I think Pluto is more like Scorpio in it's patient, brooding, scheming nature, whereas Mars is angry, restless and ruthless (a bit closer to Aries), though Curt Manwaring, another Hellenistic astrologer describes Mars' rulership of Scorpio like this:

...Though I've met very few Scorpios that bad! Everyone with one or two, but maybe only one with that whole package! This is an example of why we shouldn't be too attached to tradition (extreme beliefs). These days many astrologers want to asign a new ruler to Virgo, and I'm for this (I have a Virgo asc), of course one problen is that it ruins the Thema Mundi style rulerships because with the 30-degree signs we use it's not possible for Mercury to be dignified in Gemini at the same time as the Sun in Leo, accept maybe through sign divisions like the dwads. But does this matter? Mercury and the Sun can't be exalted at the same time either if Aries is the Sun's and Virgo (or Aquarius for some modern astrologers and to me possibly Scorpio). Still, I think Mercury's happier in Gemini because it seems Mercury usually prefers communication, interaction, though and becomes more withdrawn in Virgo, though that was called by the ancients his 'exaltation'. But everyone's using a different ruler, with Chiron usually as the most popular (I think it's a little overrated) sometimes Vesta, though I think the handy, intellectual and also (along with Chiron) health-concerned asteroid Pallas is a good yet underrated choice too. Some also want Venus assigned to Libra or Taurus (with Libra as the majority pick), maybe with Ceres as ruler of Taurus, as for me, I'm not going to get too involve in that, I'll leave that up to popular concensus or Venus can be recognized as ruler of both traditionally and anciently AFAIC.

Speaking of Chiron, how do you feel about it? In Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio and Sagittarius it moves pretty fast, but in the opposite of those signs it moves slower and become more generational.

This is the last time in century's Pluto will be in Sagittarius and it's permanent rentry into Capricorn will coincide with a Saturn opposition to Uranus (also the US elections!) There's bound to be some kind of surprise around election time. I wonder if Sagittarius is the exaltation of Pluto, it seems a pretty good match to me, but I'm too tired now to get into all that. Actually, Pluto in Sagittarius brought alot of lies, exaggerations of the truth and religious extremism, and aren't lucky to get a little bit more!?

Sorry about the long post, I'm a nerd, true Virgo asc and Aquarius Moon with Sun conjunct Mercury (Cancer)

so will we see big surprise on the US Elections? Or is it the winner already written?