Does Eating Meat make you stink of death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are what you eat. if you eat carrion, food that you did not kill, or that was not killed recently, you are consuming decaying flesh/carrion.

what we eat affects our bio-aroma.

Can anyone distinctly smell a carnivore or carrion eater? someone who is a strict vegetarian or vegan?

i like eating meat, but one of my Astrological influences says that i may evolve into a vegetarian.

I believe a person of high moral fortitude would not eat meat unless they killed it themselves, because of the conditions in industrial meat production.

StillOne

Interesting thought! I know two people who eat quite a bit of meat favoring that over vegetables which they hate. They don't smell any different that I can tell.

Vegetarianism is tricky. I tried to be vegetarian but developed heart palpitations as a result of lacking iron. My yoga teacher had to start eating meat again because when she was on her cycle the amount of blood she lost was becoming so great that she had to be hospitalized.

I'm not sure everyone can/should become vegetarian. I think it depends on your heritage and what your forefathers subsisted on. If it was largely a meat diet, your body may need some in order to operate properly.

Nevertheless, fascinating subject...

JUPITERASC

you are what you eat. if you eat carrion, food that you did not kill, or that was not killed recently, you are consuming decaying flesh/carrion. what we eat affects our bio-aroma.
Can anyone distinctly smell a carnivore or carrion eater? someone who is a strict vegetarian or vegan? i like eating meat, but one of my Astrological influences says that i may evolve into a vegetarian. I believe a person of high moral fortitude would not eat meat unless they killed it themselves, because of the conditions in industrial meat production.
There are many interesting lifestyle diseases linked to the consumption of dead animals :smile:

"The animal husbandry industry has dramatically changed over the last decades. Farm animals are fed recycled animal protein feeds, manure, and petrochemical waste. In addition, a host of drugs, such as antibiotics and growth stimulants are used in industry. The consequences of these practices for human consumers are potentially devastating. In this lecture, the ramifications of antibiotics, mad cows' disease and infectious diseases are discussed and analyzed" 67 word quote sourced from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISD2NFV5e40

i read somewhere that during the Vietnam War that the Vietnamese could smell the Americans and others, because of their diet containing processed (dead) dairy and perhaps highly processed foods.

it should be obvious that most commercially processed food is bad for our health.

i believe that our bodies are temples and should be regarded in a spiritual light. i fall short in many areas. so don't think i'm trying to be holier than thou. i probably fall further short, because, deep down, i know better.

many yogis speak of simplicity is holiness. simplicity, in the manner of sustenance, is the will of the Almighty. humans have largely deviated from this. western society is leading all of us astray.

i realize many are waking up.

and thanks for the points about meat is good in many circumstances. i think the manner in which the meat is produced/ prepared/harvested is the key.

i just went to grocery store and bought pork ribs to cook for my birthday party that i am throwing for myself. pork is considered dangerous for good reason.

the bible says that is never too late to turn away from the path of destruction. the path of destruction is an abandonment of simple Truth. Living in Truth. according to the Bible this is why the Israelites fell into slavery because they abandoned the simple principles of self sustainace.

i need to go back and study this, i know, because it is all very simple.

it all has to do with Life. we have become systematically disconnected from the Source. the source of life.

it is a very difficult struggle to connect. even for me who deep down knows this. i am beset on all sides by the convenience of wickedness and the path of death.

this disconnect is the origin of all illness and ailments affecting mankind.

furthermore, i believe that large modern cities can live completely in tune with the will of the Almighty. it would require great connectedness and cooperation. but it can be done.

Last edited:
raw liver is considered a miracle food by some. grass fed, all natural raw beef liver is what i have mostly heard of to substitute a vegetarian diet. it was Boss Hogg's favorite dish. there are some very interesting scientific experiments which prove it's very powerful effectiveness.

JUPITERASC

raw liver is considered a miracle food by some. grass fed, all natural raw beef liver is what i have mostly heard of to substitute a vegetarian diet. it was Boss Hogg's favorite dish. there are some very interesting scientific experiments which prove it's very powerful effectiveness.
fwiw IMO food is a matter of personal choice aligned with cultural conditioning... hence in some countries eating dogs is considered normal, whilst eating horses is considered equally normal in other countries :smile:

fwiw IMO food is a matter of personal choice aligned with cultural conditioning... hence in some countries eating dogs is considered normal, whilst eating horses is considered equally normal in other countries :smile:

very interesting this something that i have DEEPLY spent some time on. i agree. many people are so close minded that can not even begin to understand this because the fully reject it immediately.

i'm a very cross cultural person, at times it has helped, but lately it has mainly alienated me.

I think that i should add that the manner in which the food is grown, produced, and harvested is the difference between Life and Death.

Last edited:

JUPITERASC

very interesting this something that i have DEEPLY spent some time on. i agree. many people are so close minded that can not even begin to understand this because the fully reject it immediately.

i'm a very cross cultural person, at times it has helped, but lately it has mainly alienated me.

I think that i should add that the manner in which the food is grown, produced, and harvested is the difference between Life and Death.
Currently artificial fertilizers are another cause for concern but that's off topic for this particular thread!

fwiw IMO Hippocrates advice "Let your food be your medicine, let your medicine be your food" is excellent basic timeless advice
:smile:

Neptune Rising

I don't think people smell any different, but, those that eat alot of cheese and dairy do smell somewhat different, I've found.

I do however try to eat organic meat as far as I can, considering all the rubbish they pump into the animals these days.

I've been doing yoga for over 20 years, tried being vege and vegan, but even though I tried to maintain a balanced diet, my cravings were too much. I felt alot weaker being vegan and vegetarian. I partly did it for enegretic reasons, that the vibrations of the thing that we eat become one with us. Also, for it being tamasic in quality, according to tradition. I just didn't find it practical to continue not eating meat.

Now, I consider the other qualities of the food, the acid and alkaline content of all foods, and try not to have entirely acid diet - eg, no veges. I only eat meat 3 or 4 times a month, but I enjoy it as much as any other food, if its good quality.

well the topic is really a symptom, so going off topic is fine with me.

yes i agree. they fertilize commercial crops with waste from coal burning power plants. bright idea or population control? you decide.

edit: LOL, somehow this ended up in the wrong thread so i moved it here -

fwiw, IMO, synthetically grown, industrially produced vegetables are often toxic(and possibly even dead) if not leading towards death.

perhaps this is the reason that so many vegetarians have problems

Last edited:
I don't think people smell any different, but, those that eat alot of cheese and dairy do smell somewhat different, I've found.

I do however try to eat organic meat as far as I can, considering all the rubbish they pump into the animals these days.

I've been doing yoga for over 20 years, tried being vege and vegan, but even though I tried to maintain a balanced diet, my cravings were too much. I felt alot weaker being vegan and vegetarian. I partly did it for enegretic reasons, that the vibrations of the thing that we eat become one with us. Also, for it being tamasic in quality, according to tradition. I just didn't find it practical to continue not eating meat.

Now, I consider the other qualities of the food, the acid and alkaline content of all foods, and try not to have entirely acid diet - eg, no veges. I only eat meat 3 or 4 times a month, but I enjoy it as much as any other food, if its good quality.

i myself notice strong cravings for greasy food inculding cheese after three days on a vegetarian stints. that is another thing real cheese is not readily available.

almost all cheese in the grocery store is dead. and a by product of dairy. it is not even really dairy anymore.

when asked my favorite food i have stated cheese LOl. and i haven't begun making my own cheese yet, but i would love to.

JUPITERASC

well the topic is really a symptom, so going off topic is fine with me.

yes i agree. they fertilize commercial crops with waste from coal burning power plants. bright idea or population control? you decide.
Given the radioactive waste already buried/being buried at sea makes the oceans problematic SO adding the recent Fukushima disaster to the diet of little fishes makes even sushi and sea vegetables suspect

retinoid

Interesting thought! I know two people who eat quite a bit of meat favoring that over vegetables which they hate. They don't smell any different that I can tell.

Vegetarianism is tricky. I tried to be vegetarian but developed heart palpitations as a result of lacking iron. My yoga teacher had to start eating meat again because when she was on her cycle the amount of blood she lost was becoming so great that she had to be hospitalized.

I'm not sure everyone can/should become vegetarian. I think it depends on your heritage and what your forefathers subsisted on. If it was largely a meat diet, your body may need some in order to operate properly.

Nevertheless, fascinating subject...

You probably weren't eating a balanced diet if you lacked iron while vegetarian. Many vegetables contain enough iron to survive and thrive. Now if you were eating soy products and potato chips then vegetarianism is very 'tricky'. Vegetables, fruits, some grains and some nuts/seeds is the healthiest diet. Though some people's body types may favor more fats and protein (even animal protein)...but they should still be treated with respect which they aren't. Hence why I have been vegetarian (vegan most of the time) since 12 :)

Prominent

..for what it is worth, I was raised by a vegetarian family, and have been vegetarian all my life. Tried fruitarian, and vegan on my own accord too simply to experiment a little.
I never push my diet onto anyone else, because growing up I always felt like the odd one out from my peers, etc. So I learnt to keep it to myself or otherwise be looked at strangely.
I generally think that if you just do research and just stay knowledgeable about health and what does what, then you can select whatever is good and live fine. Food isn't everything. Exercise helps and plenty of water and sun and etc.
Even as a vegetarian, I do notice whenever my diet changes slightly or introduces new types of foods that my body can feel different or react different ways. What you put into your body matters. What matters is complicated though :p
I don't think we should be concerned with our stench though. Concerned about animals maybe should be a higher priority than stench.. but that's another story.

i think vegetarianism when done from a moral stand point is the higher road to take. and thorough knowledge of nutrition may eliminate deficiencies, and if not maybe vegetarian instead of vegan would.

the Nazarenes raised animals for milk and dairy(living). and maybe for manure to grow vegetables as is done today.

there is a quote that is linked to Einstien, that goes something like, " for humans to survive as a species they will evolve to vegetarianism."

my hat is off and i respect all who have stopped eating commercially raised meat for the moral and ethical implications.

retinoid

i think vegetarianism when done from a moral stand point is the higher road to take. and thorough knowledge of nutrition may eliminate deficiencies, and if not maybe vegetarian instead of vegan would.

the Nazarenes raised animals for milk and dairy(living). and maybe for manure to grow vegetables as is done today.

there is a quote that is linked to Einstien, that goes something like, " for humans to survive as a species they will evolve to vegetarianism."

my hat is off and i respect all who have stopped eating commercially raised meat for the moral and ethical implications.

If you know what happens to animals and still eat meat (and dairy and eggs) then you are not being compassionate. Pure and simple.

Now...I eat cage free organic eggs though. But I have been eating things with cheese and eggs in it that are not organic and therefore I am not being compassionate (and not thinking about the suffering) that has gone into them. SO I have been in the same boat lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.