How accurate is the PENDULUM

retinoid

I used a pendulum today and asked an array of questions. I asked some serious questions and some prep questions and then asked questions again. The answers were consistent, but how accurate is it? Some answers are things that I was looking for and expected to be true and wanted to be true and other answers were surprises so I am not sure if subconsciously I was affecting the results. Thanks for your help...

Claire19

I used a pendulum today and asked an array of questions. I asked some serious questions and some prep questions and then asked questions again. The answers were consistent, but how accurate is it? Some answers are things that I was looking for and expected to be true and wanted to be true and other answers were surprises so I am not sure if subconsciously I was affecting the results. Thanks for your help...
Apparently you must not ask too many questions and it is coming from your sub conscious or your higher self. I dont find it particularly accurate as one day it will answer yes and then you ask again tomorrow and it will say no. It may be wishful thinking or something but I don't rely on it.

retinoid

Apparently you must not ask too many questions and it is coming from your sub conscious or your higher self. I dont find it particularly accurate as one day it will answer yes and then you ask again tomorrow and it will say no. It may be wishful thinking or something but I don't rely on it.

It seems like all divination is like that. Under the influence of the person doing it...But we will see.

dr. farr

Pendulum application (known as "radiesthesia") can be quite accurate in the hands of one with experience and knowledge of how to use it (use of witnesses and measuring devices such as the ruler, triangle, etc, can make a BIG difference regarding accuracy)

WHEN to use the pendulum is also an important issue (eg, never during the time Moon is VC, never during heavy, stormy weather or electrical storms, never during the 24 hours before and after the New Moon, ideally not during Mercury retrograde, ideally not when Moon/Mercury are in opposition, never when the operator is under emotional or physical stress, or is physically tired or emotionally drained, etc, etc) I have used radiesthesia very effectively for many years (and I teach its techniques in my bio-energetic classes at AUCM in the Los Angeles area)

Remember one thing: when you get your FIRST answer/reading to your question or in your test, do NOT repeat that same question or that same test! Believe me, after obtaining the first answer stick with it-if you ask again (during that period of time) and again and again, your pendulum will reverse itself and the reverse answer will then be generated-ALWAYS happens that way IF the same question or the same test is repeated over and over in the same period of time.

Bina

In my experience for the pendulum to give correct answers, i need to be centered, empty my mind and also let go of any expectations as to what i would prefer the answer to be. If i very strongly wish for a certain answer, the pendulum finds it hard to answer.
I also agree with dr.farr, if you repeat the same question, most times the answer will be opposite to the first received answer.

retinoid

Pendulum application (known as "radiesthesia") can be quite accurate in the hands of one with experience and knowledge of how to use it (use of witnesses and measuring devices such as the ruler, triangle, etc, can make a BIG difference regarding accuracy)

WHEN to use the pendulum is also an important issue (eg, never during the time Moon is VC, never during heavy, stormy weather or electrical storms, never during the 24 hours before and after the New Moon, ideally not during Mercury retrograde, ideally not when Moon/Mercury are in opposition, never when the operator is under emotional or physical stress, or is physically tired or emotionally drained, etc, etc) I have used radiesthesia very effectively for many years (and I teach its techniques in my bio-energetic classes at AUCM in the Los Angeles area)

Remember one thing: when you get your FIRST answer/reading to your question or in your test, do NOT repeat that same question or that same test! Believe me, after obtaining the first answer stick with it-if you ask again (during that period of time) and again and again, your pendulum will reverse itself and the reverse answer will then be generated-ALWAYS happens that way IF the same question or the same test is repeated over and over in the same period of time.

That's the weird thing I asked the same questions about 10 times each because some of them were strange and they were totally consistent and never deviated from the first time I asked the question. Sometimes the pendulum swung in huge movements too almost like I was moving it with my hand. Idk. Like I have been feeling like there would be a change in my life soon and the pendulum confirmed it (so has the tarot), but my logical mind is doubtful...and usually the real world is the better choice to go with in the real world :sad: Some of the questions answers, like if I would ever finish my book and graduate college (I only have 1 class left to test out of) were both no 5 times I asked and I would definitely think the answer would be yes and have been excited that one day I would finish the novel (though I am nowhere near done). Also asked my life span over 5 times and it said long (mid 70's) and my astrological chart denotes long life span. Though for my best friend since second grade it said he would die in his mid to late 20's! Something i would have never thought. It was just interesting. I asked if there are spirits that visit me still and it said yes. And were the spirits bad before and it said yes. And if they were bad now and it said no. Also I asked if I was bad in my past life (I feel like I must have been sometimes lol) and it swung violently no. Some questions the pendulum swung violently. I also asked specific questions like 'is it here, there or there' and each time it came out consistent in which one and I asked them in different order. I also asked them at different parts of the day because I was fascinated. Let's see if it was correct though I will find out in 2 days to a week...one of the questions were already correct.

Last edited:

Caro

Cant say Im an expert but I have started to use one in healing practice and meditation. Shungite crystal.

I think it helps keep the focus and emphasis's the intuitive process and for me helps me trust this more. However I do not see it as something that I would use all the time. (the fewer bits and pieces I carry around the better)

I did read somewhere that you need to trust that first answer to keep repeating the question may show a lack of trust and faith. And like everything it takes lots of practice.

retinoid

Cant say Im an expert but I have started to use one in healing practice and meditation. Shungite crystal.

I think it helps keep the focus and emphasis's the intuitive process and for me helps me trust this more. However I do not see it as something that I would use all the time. (the fewer bits and pieces I carry around the better)

I did read somewhere that you need to trust that first answer to keep repeating the question may show a lack of trust and faith. And like everything it takes lots of practice.

I have found that it gives me the same answers asked numerous times on different days...except I asked if I would ever get married (it has said no each time) and then asked if I would be in a relationship and it said no and then asked if I would be in a monogamous relationship and it said yes. The relationship thing is no doubt confusing to answer yes/no especially since I have uranus conjunct venus and the moon which will say that relationships will be anything but ordinary in my life :)

Crystal Starseed

I have been using a pendulum successfully both personally and professionally for over 25 years, and have made some observations in the process.

What I have discovered is that the pendulum is only as good as you the user are impartial and detatched from the result, and that's not as easy as you might think. Another person who has no expectations may be better to dowse on your behalf, because you would be suprised to find how deep your expectations went - right into the depths of your subconscious that will form the result.

I mainly use it to dowse substances, foods, crystals, remedies, etc to see if they would be good or bad for my own and others' health so in this sense I use as an alternative to muscle testing, and it's been 100% accurate in this respect. Because we are all connected, and to all things in this universe, we can tune into any other person anywhere in the world and deduce very accurate information about their health for example, without knowing anything at all about them, and in some cases, not even their full name. But you have to be detached and have no expectations.

IMO, things it will never work for are any future events, normally. This is because our timelines are still in a flux up until the actual manifestation itself. There are too many variables, and your pendulum cannot possibly pick the most probable timeline, because even this will be subject to unforseen changes from the collective at any time.
It works best for physical and health issues, I feel, and deals best with facts more than conjecture.

Any issue where you have any emotional response to the question asked or the potential outcome, or an opinion or presumption, will affect the outcome, and you're likely to get the same result over and over again, which doesn't comfirm that it's working, just that your subconscious is driving it in the same way every time.
Also, you can inadvertently programme your responses in this way and the pendulum to react accordingly through repetition. This is especially true if you use a quartz crystal pendulum of some kind, as this will doubly reflect your own thoughts or subconscious thinking processes/habits, so try to be aware of this. You want your crystal to remain impartial as well as you.

Things to avoid are emotive issues such as
"does x love me?"
"Will I have any/another child?"
"When will I die?"
"was I a woman/man/ soldier etc in my last life?"
"Am I winning the lottery this year?"

Conjecture, past or future questions are no- no's, and so are relationship/love issues, because we normally have opinions, desires and or feelings, however deep, about these, so are highly unlikely to receive an accurate answer....What really is 'love', for example? Perhaps someone who hates you also loves you deep down and vice versa because some would say this is our true reality, but if you interpret that the wrong way you might make a plonker of yourself or upset someone else..! If you do go there, take it with more than a pinch of salt, then leave these tenses, potentialities, or complex issues, where they are.

Present tense, physical stuff, and facts are best, because the pendulum is a physical object resonating with your own etheric/physical energy field in this dimension, which is the present, the sum of all worlds. There may be millions of parallel or alternate universes where we also exist and things are slightly different, but this is the one you're physically inhabiting right now, hence, the information that you can reliably ascertain must resonate fully with this.
Trust your instincts fully and feel confident in your ability, but also try to be self aware, too and recognise any other impulses or feelings that could be inpeding your natural flow. Just observe. You will know when you've got the hang of it, and you'll feel sure of your ability. Namaste.

retinoid

Thanks crystal...

the accuracy was interesting and I have found that the accuracy isn't that great in terms of 'psychic'. I would put a book and ask how many pages were in the book and the pendulum would say it is between 600-700 pges when it was only like 400 pages (I had no idea how many pages there were) and asked how many ear plugs were in a box and it said 18 (I asked and this was the only yes I got) and there were only 6 in there, again I didn't know how many were in there. So for a psychic tool such as asking where someone is or what not then it is probably not that great. It probably isn't that great overall unless you have an overall feeling of something and need a back up. I mean a lot of the answers it gave me were consistent though and would be shown within a week, but just 'testing' it, if some scientist wanted to see proof, it did not hold up...Definitely not a reliable tool (if there is any at all...). Though tarot seems pretty reliable.

Last edited:

Crystal Starseed

Thanks crystal...

the accuracy was interesting and I have found that the accuracy isn't that great in terms of 'psychic'. I would put a book and ask how many pages were in the book and the pendulum would say it is between 600-700 pges when it was only like 400 pages (I had no idea how many pages there were) and asked how many ear plugs were in a box and it said 18 (I asked and this was the only yes I got) and there were only 6 in there, again I didn't know how many were in there. So for a psychic tool such as asking where someone is or what not then it is probably not that great. It probably isn't that great overall unless you have an overall feeling of something and need a back up. I mean a lot of the answers it gave me were consistent though and would be shown within a week, but just 'testing' it, if some scientist wanted to see proof, it did not hold up...Definitely not a reliable tool (if there is any at all...).

Hi Retinoid.

Again, I would just stress the need to practice on something which it does work for then see how this feels to use that as your base. I know that I can diagnose things by association this way, i.e. asking if the person I am focusing on needs a particular remedy (and I do this either looking away or hiding the label so that I can't be influenced by what is presented consciously), and I always get an accurate result. But I would agree in theory that the pendulum isn't very reliable for much else, especially where there is any room for doubt.
When someone needs something in their energy field or body there is no doubt about it, it is a yes or no, to a greater or lesser degree, i.e. either strongly or weakly generally; wheras asking how many pages there are in a book, we already know there will be one of many answers, it is not a physical need anywhere, for example, so it wouldn't resonate on that same physical level, it would have to go via your own mind first and depend on how in tune your own mind was...So perhaps in this respect you are right in that you would have to be more in tune first and then only use the pendulum for back up.

None of it would probably hold any water if it was presentd scientifically, but then that never stopped an astrologer before!

It's also possible to block the resonance you have with someone else. Just as an experiment, without telling me (but they told me afterward) I tried to ascertain what remedies someone needed, and the pendulum drew a complete blank. It just didn't move, and I felt oddly disconnected. That 'gut' feeling of 'rightness' wasn't there. Afterward they told me that they had consciously put on (- occult terminology) a 'cloak of invisibility' meaning that they had consciously decided to protect and close down their energy field, as if wearing a dark cloak and weren't emanating anything (towards me, anyway). They did this mentally and it had a direct bearing on my ability to divine/dowse.
People can also do this if they have a subconscious aversion to you or what you do or scathingly believe it is all mumbo jumbo. But it's just a form of mental energy we haven't spend much time trying to understand because most of us would rather watch t.v. etc, etc!

My partner has done a lot of dowsing outdoors using divining rods, but again, this is a physiological process of sorts where the rods cross when you come across water or sometimes another object (I may be wrong about what kind of objects can be located - he's not in to ask at the mo). I guess this is a good example of the rods being a direct extension of the mind and what it is focussed on, expressing the natural 6th sense that tells us if something is present or not through the muscles of the body.

It's all a learning curve, but it's definitely possible to hone your skills if you want. You just have to have the self belief, know that you have infinite consciousness and are able to develop any ability you want, if that's what you want to do. Namaste.

retinoid

Crystal the pendulum reminded me of the ouija board a lot. Perhaps the lower astral likes to hitch a ride on an energy field...that is my feeling toward it anyway. I don't feel anything from within controlling it. More like something in wherever has a chance to soak up some energy since this could be a sort of invitation. But lower astral entities are just that, lower and don't have much more foresight than unevolved and materialistic human beings do. So pendulums and ouija are not good for answers in the FUTURE. What you are saying, it could be true...but I want something to help me divine the future.

Another thing I was thinking about is that you cannot be a good diviner if you have DESIRE. That is the one thing that prevents us from being truly spiritual (I seem to remember someone by the name of Buddah mentioned this was a big deal). Now things like ASTROLOGY and perhaps TAROT are individual instruments, but most forms of divination (and most things occult) are dependent on the subconscious or other spirits (which cannot be trusted just like a desire based consciousness can't). The stars are not dependent upon anything but the stars...but the explanation of a solar return chart can of course be skewed.

I did a 1 card tarot reading for a question the pendulum said I would get (something that I wanted)...and the tarot card said my dreams wouldn't materialize and it is the wrong dream to go after (9 of cups reversed)...I am going with the tarot...

dr. farr

I agree with the opinion expressed earlier regarding radiesthesia in foretelling the future/oncoming events: here it is weak UNLESS the operator is particularly adept at psychic perceptions, and I never use radiesthesia for this purpose (more "objective" instruments such as I Ching, geomancy, horary and predictive astrological methods, and of course, the Tarot, are much more easliy and reliably useful for this purpose) Also, like all forms of divination, if one can easily learn the answer to a question by simple means (such as finding out how many pages there are in a book), then any form of instrumental divination (and this includes astrological methods) are immediately ruled out-the intelligence of the Cosmos is operative in divination, and will not be "tested", ie, the Cosmos is not a mechanical penny fortune-telling machine!
However, radiesthesia is invaluable for testing/measuring relationships between the subject and any elements in the environment, for subtle energy health testing, for selecting foods and natural remedies, for determining resonance/dissonance betwee "A" and "B', and (if used in conjunction with invocations/meditations) in obtaining "advice" from the Cosmos; it can also be used to measure the degree of astrological influences operative relative to a person or place or thing (or event), which is known as "astro-radiesthesia" and which developed in France originally in the 1930's and 1940's: however, such objective measuring of astrological influences is much too controversial a technique (even as a concept!!) to be discussed on an open, general astrology site, but I just wanted to mention this as one of several important areas of practice in which the pendulum-properly used-can be a very valuable tool.

Caro

Im really interested in the last part about the use of the pendulum in astrology!
:innocent:
The reason I ask is that I have often thought if it is possible to use crystals on a chart for healing. ie where there is a difficulty in the chart you can place crystals to try and resolve it /dissolve it. I have not tried this though. maybe I should just try it - no harm done.

I also have a crystal set developed by a crystal therapist that uses the astrological wheel for divination. ie a wheel divided into 12 H with different ancient symbols in the houses. some crystals are randombly picked and thrown on the board like dice. again this has given some interesting readings.

if you find tarot works for you then just stick with it. :happy:

if you are grounded and protected and havent cleared the space then yes there is potential for something to 'hitch' a ride.
but that is the same for tarot. this should be done in the appropriate space

Last edited:

Starry Eyed

I use a pendulum board with letters and numbers. When you start to get better at it, it's quite easy for those who have crossed over to communicate messages to you, which is nice. I have had numerous friends/relatives who have crossed over "come through" via the pendulum. I can feel the difference physically when someone new starts communicating during a session, as it moves with a different feel and energy level with each spirit. My sister who passed away last year is very strong and moves it quite easily for her, and when she gets excited about something, it swings wildly. When a deceased in-law who had never used a pendulum first tried to communicate he a hard time moving it and it took much longer to understand his messages.

The best way to attune your pendulum to your energy is to carry it with you for a couple of weeks, and sleep with it under your pillow. Words of caution, however, when using your pendulum: GROUND, SHIELD and CLEANSE. Meditate beforehand, don't be stoned or have had any alcohol. Psychically shield yourself. And cleanse the board and the space with sage or incense. Take these steps serously. Do not mess around with pendulum divination, because it does attract lower entities -- if not demons -- that can attach to you and be very stubborn about leaving. :devil: I had a very malevolent thing that would come through all the time that said horrible things. I would tell it to leave, but it would come back every time I picked up the pendulum. The last straw was when I was passing my pendulum over a lit jar-candle flame to cleanse it, the liquid wax underneath it started to crackle and boil! Freaked me right out, and at the advice of a crystal expert, I have I have not touched my board in a month and buried my pendulum for a full lunar cycle to cleanse it of the obviously heavy/dark energy it had absorbed from this nasty thing.

retinoid

I use a pendulum board with letters and numbers. When you start to get better at it, it's quite easy for those who have crossed over to communicate messages to you, which is nice. I have had numerous friends/relatives who have crossed over "come through" via the pendulum. I can feel the difference physically when someone new starts communicating during a session, as it moves with a different feel and energy level with each spirit. My sister who passed away last year is very strong and moves it quite easily for her, and when she gets excited about something, it swings wildly. When a deceased in-law who had never used a pendulum first tried to communicate he a hard time moving it and it took much longer to understand his messages.

The best way to attune your pendulum to your energy is to carry it with you for a couple of weeks, and sleep with it under your pillow. Words of caution, however, when using your pendulum: GROUND, SHIELD and CLEANSE. Meditate beforehand, don't be stoned or have had any alcohol. Psychically shield yourself. And cleanse the board and the space with sage or incense. Take these steps serously. Do not mess around with pendulum divination, because it does attract lower entities -- if not demons -- that can attach to you and be very stubborn about leaving. :devil: I had a very malevolent thing that would come through all the time that said horrible things. I would tell it to leave, but it would come back every time I picked up the pendulum. The last straw was when I was passing my pendulum over a lit jar-candle flame to cleanse it, the liquid wax underneath it started to crackle and boil! Freaked me right out, and at the advice of a crystal expert, I have I have not touched my board in a month and buried my pendulum for a full lunar cycle to cleanse it of the obviously heavy/dark energy it had absorbed from this nasty thing.

Yup I have a knack for picking up astral beings and I think I did it again. The room where I did it is usually and warm and is FREEZING (in the high 50's) when the rest of the house is 72. It appears I probably attracted some company again when I just got rid of it a while ago. Will go and do a cleansing later. I hate this ****.

retinoid

they're like flees...make sure the things connecting to you are actually who they say they are. My pendulum said it was my spirit guide and I know it was a big fat lie. It would be one thing if they were even helpful or accurate but they aren't they are just time wasters, liars and moochers!

Anyway this is a sign that perhaps my life should not be used to dwell in the occult. As the Bhagavad-Gita said, you only need to be in me and that is all. You only need to strive for enlightenment, nirvana, etc...not go after powers, demons, talking to the dead, magic...all these things create a further bond to this realm. Anyway, just my thought. My two divination tools will just be tarot and astrology. Perhaps this is Rahu's teaching for me in my 9th house during this dasa, a strive for HIGHER religion :)

Crystal Starseed

Anyway this is a sign that perhaps my life should not be used to dwell in the occult. As the Bhagavad-Gita said, you only need to be in me and that is all. You only need to strive for enlightenment, nirvana, etc...not go after powers, demons, talking to the dead, magic...all these things create a further bond to this realm. Anyway, just my thought. My two divination tools will just be tarot and astrology. Perhaps this is Rahu's teaching for me in my 9th house during this dasa, a strive for HIGHER religion :)

I agree, Retinoid, it's not good to dwell on matters of the astral realms because alongside the higher realms, as people have said, there is the lower, and in these realms you really have to know what you're doing. I've encountered many a demon and lower entity on my explorations in the past, and they're basically parasitical forms that try to feed off and attack you to steal your light or steal a part of your soul which may need a shaman to fix.
I will continue to use my pendulum for health/energy divination as it has served me well and it has its place. Of course I don't know if astral entities are attaching to your pendulum or not, but when I dowse I seem to automatically align myslelf with the highest presence so that this is what is 'channelled', and this is more of an intuitive alignment, it's not even a strong feeling, it's just there, just like when you ask the universe for something, you're asking the highest of the most high to hear you and respond..
I never cleanse my pendulum with anything fancy, I do it all mentally, but then mine is not a clear quartz crystal to begin with - these tend to be too sensitive to your own thoughts and retain them too much for my liking, (they're ruled by mercury and resonate directly with the brain and consciousness; also the sign aries which rules the brain and head. They channel energy fast.) So I use a turquoise one which is somewhat more antiseptic in its presence. If I do do a proper cleanse I prefer cold running water and simple visualisation.
The future is in our own hands, and as regards divining the future, in my opinion it's far more exciting not to know than to know, because then the possibilities seem so much greater. Namaste!