The book of revelation

JOHN60

For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus - 1 Timothy 2:5

Everything you claim does not come from Revelation, but from the enemy of truth, who masquerades as an angel of light.

You are of course right about 1 timothy 2:5. But now Jesus sits at the right hand of God & the Blessed Virgin Mary has been given the role of Mediatrix by God as his servant. We say to Jesus through Mary, as her appearances around the world from Fatima to today at Medjugorje have brought millions to Christ.It is not a role many would envy, if you read the transcripts from Bayside you will see she cries a lot over the world and the state of the church. She always puts the emphasis on the need for daily prayer and fasting twice a week as this is what the enemy hates, he relies on our apathy on this matter to progress his agenda in the church and world. So if you have doubt about who gave Mary this role i would ask you to participate in a period of prayer & discernment asking your Heavenly Father & brother about this.
Conservatives in the Catholic church are under attack today by Satan's influence in our church as he seeks to impose liberal, modernist ways on it.
The Little Sisters Of Mary Mother Of The Redeemer, a conservative order in France, are just the latest victims of the modernists in the church, imposing their ways without mercy. That order that ran 4 care homes has been reduced to a lay state by church commissionaires for failing to comply with the modernist ways they wanted to inflict on them. They were charged with spending too much time in prayer, classical thinking etc
This is the 4th order i know of that has been destroyed in this way in recent years, as Satan goes about his work.

So for me daily prayer is the key, if all christian's got into this habit, this alone would have a transforming effect on matters.

waybread

According to the Scriptures, Jesus never broke a commandment in the law (because he was without a sin), however he did criticize the Pharisees (a sect that was very strict in keeping the Oral Law - Paul was also a Pharisee) in Matthew 23:23 for neglecting the important matters of the law (straining out a gnat but swallowing a camel), in John 7:19 he criticizes them as breaking the law by wanting to kill him and in John 5:46 he rebukes them for not believing in Moses. You may of course instead prefer to believe what the Talmud says about the life of Jesus.

The Pharisees were the rabbis. The Sadducees were temple priests and attendants. The ancient rabbis were heads of local religious communities, and they also served as judges in local religious courts, where they often had to decide on various points of Jewish law.

You can read the rabbis' decisions in the Talmud and various commentaries on it. Normally their strategy was to uphold the written law (Pentateuch), and then "to build a fence around it" so that no one could break it inadvertently so long as they tried to hold to the main Talmudic tenants.

Moses was not a figure to be "believed in," but was rather, esteemed as a major leader in Jewish history.

The Talmud says nothing about Jesus. Believe it or not, there are virtually no contemporary testimonies to the existence of Jesus outside of the NT. The passages in Josephus are considered to be a late addition by subsequent editors, not by Josephus himself.

I think you're mistaken about the primary commandment of Jesus is that people believe in him. He says himself what the primary commandments are: to love God whole-heartedly, and love your neighbour.

In contrast, you seem to express your Christianity as a weapon, with which to beat up on non-believers, and to demonstrate your command of proof-texts. This is ego talking, not Christian love.

So who or what was Jesus? As a man, he was surely a great teacher. I see him as symbolizing the earthly life principle (Zoë) vs. the individual life (bios.) When Jesus said that nobody can get to the Father/heaven except through him, I think he expressed a more universal philosophy: that the earthly life is the prerequisite for the spiritual after-life.

Then there are various theological arguments as to what the guiding principle of the Christian earthly life should be. Faith? Works? Grace?

So how do you express your Christian love for people in your day-to-day life?

petosiris

Banned
Waybread, I only tried to explain some misconceptions that you wrote using the scriptures, but you seem to know everything. I consider myself a chief sinner who needs repentance, so if you thought I was trying to exalt myself, you were mistaken. My righteousness is like filthy rags.

david starling

It was difference author. Revelation was written by John with the help of Holy Spirit when he was in a dream, thousand of years after the Old Testament. I thought you have proper understanding with the Holy Scripture?

But the Muslims make up nearly a quarter of the world's population. And, they play a pivotal role in the vicinity of Jerusalem. How will the events prophesied in Revelations affect them? I never noticed anything alluding to such a large, significant, "unbelieving" (from the Christian view) segment of humanity in Revelations, but I might have missed it.

Also, the Holy Spirit wouldn't be limited by time and space. The Old Testament could have been included.

SunConjunctUranus

But the Muslims make up nearly a quarter of the world's population. And, they play a pivotal role in the vicinity of Jerusalem. How will the events prophesied in Revelations affect them? I never noticed anything alluding to such a large, significant, "unbelieving" (from the Christian view) segment of humanity in Revelations, but I might have missed it.

Also, the Holy Spirit wouldn't be limited by time and space. The Old Testament could have been included.

Yes, the Arab already been there even before the Almighty Lord were born. So imo they have rights to live there, but the problem is politician. Btw, I don't have any right to call other traditions such as unbelievers (kaafir). Only Almighty Lord can jugde.

In Catholic tradition, there is no human could predict the sign of the end of the Ages.

JOHN60

The Pharisees were the rabbis. The Sadducees were temple priests and attendants. The ancient rabbis were heads of local religious communities, and they also served as judges in local religious courts, where they often had to decide on various points of Jewish law.

You can read the rabbis' decisions in the Talmud and various commentaries on it. Normally their strategy was to uphold the written law (Pentateuch), and then "to build a fence around it" so that no one could break it inadvertently so long as they tried to hold to the main Talmudic tenants.

Moses was not a figure to be "believed in," but was rather, esteemed as a major leader in Jewish history.

The Talmud says nothing about Jesus. Believe it or not, there are virtually no contemporary testimonies to the existence of Jesus outside of the NT. The passages in Josephus are considered to be a late addition by subsequent editors, not by Josephus himself.

I think you're mistaken about the primary commandment of Jesus is that people believe in him. He says himself what the primary commandments are: to love God whole-heartedly, and love your neighbour.

In contrast, you seem to express your Christianity as a weapon, with which to beat up on non-believers, and to demonstrate your command of proof-texts. This is ego talking, not Christian love.

So who or what was Jesus? As a man, he was surely a great teacher. I see him as symbolizing the earthly life principle (Zoë) vs. the individual life (bios.) When Jesus said that nobody can get to the Father/heaven except through him, I think he expressed a more universal philosophy: that the earthly life is the prerequisite for the spiritual after-life.

Then there are various theological arguments as to what the guiding principle of the Christian earthly life should be. Faith? Works? Grace?

So how do you express your Christian love for people in your day-to-day life?

Jesus equates himself with the Father who had sent him a no. of times in the New Testament. At the Transfiguration the Father said "This is my son , whom i love;with him i am well pleased. Listen to him!". As for believing in Jesus as the Son of God he said in answer to the question "What must i do to be saved?" "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved". Acts 16:30,31
Not sure from what i have said that you can interpret it that i use my faith in hostile terms. I was secular up to age 35 and spiritual experience from an initial prayer led me to become a catholic christian ( see my other earlier UFO post). In the 23 years since then i can assure you i have been shunned by some when i was temping in various workplaces for simply expressing my beliefs in the context of our world. The christian faith is the most persecuted in the world.
In terms of the christian earthly life "It is by grace you have been saved , through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8,9
So although we are saved by faith alone as the apostle Paul states this must be accompanied by good works. That is why in my faith unbelievers in Jesus go to hell, those who are saved by belief in him are then judged on what they have done, this is the good works. So the souls whose good works do not outweigh their unremitted sins are sentenced to a period in the purification fires of purgatory, before eventually being released.
So i apply my faith through alms giving, giving of my time, trying to be helpful to others, being tolerant of the beliefs of others, agreeing to disagree at times when i express my faith in terms of world events etc.
I admit i am no expert on the Book Of Revelation, I believe Our Lady's appearances to be true.
When the UFO & Consciousness show came to Manchester, England in 2017, it took place across the road from where i had witnessed a hovering UFO in 1999.
Last year i had a letter in the local secular press published about the UFO phenomenon on the Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary, after not having my previous letter published a couple of years before.
Thats why for me prayer is key, the enemy of christianity does not like it as it effects him adversley.
I am not on the internet at home so my time is limited, but for me tolerance is the key in a world that is becoming increasingly less so.

petosiris

Banned
Why would a benevolent, omnipotent, omniscient God allow the births of those He knew in advance would be going to Hell?

The ESV translation of Ezekiel 33:11 states ''Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?''

All men are granted the gift to choose good or bad, life or death - it is in Genesis.

petosiris

Banned
Jesus equates himself with the Father who had sent him a no. of times in the New Testament. At the Transfiguration the Father said "This is my son , whom i love;with him i am well pleased. Listen to him!". As for believing in Jesus as the Son of God he said in answer to the question "What must i do to be saved?" "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved". Acts 16:30,31
Not sure from what i have said that you can interpret it that i use my faith in hostile terms. I was secular up to age 35 and spiritual experience from an initial prayer led me to become a catholic christian ( see my other earlier UFO post). In the 23 years since then i can assure you i have been shunned by some when i was temping in various workplaces for simply expressing my beliefs in the context of our world. The christian faith is the most persecuted in the world.
In terms of the christian earthly life "It is by grace you have been saved , through faith and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God not by works, so that no one can boast." Ephesians 2:8,9
So although we are saved by faith alone as the apostle Paul states this must be accompanied by good works. That is why in my faith unbelievers in Jesus go to hell, those who are saved by belief in him are then judged on what they have done, this is the good works. So the souls whose good works do not outweigh their unremitted sins are sentenced to a period in the purification fires of purgatory, before eventually being released.
So i apply my faith through alms giving, giving of my time, trying to be helpful to others, being tolerant of the beliefs of others, agreeing to disagree at times when i express my faith in terms of world events etc.
I admit i am no expert on the Book Of Revelation, I believe Our Lady's appearances to be true.
When the UFO & Consciousness show came to Manchester, England in 2017, it took place across the road from where i had witnessed a hovering UFO in 1999.
Last year i had a letter in the local secular press published about the UFO phenomenon on the Feast Of The Assumption Of The Blessed Virgin Mary, after not having my previous letter published a couple of years before.
Thats why for me prayer is key, the enemy of christianity does not like it as it effects him adversley.
I am not on the internet at home so my time is limited, but for me tolerance is the key in a world that is becoming increasingly less so.

Jesus never equates himself with the Father, this is a gross misunderstanding of Scripture. That you believe in the Almighty God and our Lord Jesus Christ is commendable, but you must believe the greatest commandment and therefore never worship or pray to humans, for this plainly constitutes idolatry.

david starling

The ESV translation of Ezekiel 33:11 states ''Say to them, As I live, declares the Lord God, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but that the wicked turn from his way and live; turn back, turn back from your evil ways, for why will you die, O house of Israel?''

All men are granted the gift to choose good or bad, life or death - it is in Genesis.

Not saved, by lack of Grace, and doomed to Eternity in Hell?
Why would he allow those denied Grace to be born to begin with?