Staring

Abby83

So ive realised there is a huge difference in what I experience with ppl in different cities or states or countries.

In the city I live in I have found that ppl stare at me and if I accidentally give eye contact they start to overanalyse me yet when I travel to different states or countries I don't get this at all. Like ANYWHERE else. For example when I went to Sydney I even tried to stare really hard at some ppl and no one even noticed me. It was FANTASTIC!! It's like really nice to not be watched all the time you know? Yet where I live ppl always do it.

Is there anything astrological that could explain this? Im not really experienced with relocation charts. Could it be that ppl here are like this? Or is it just what im attracting here do to astrology?

Chillaxer

I though it was a Scorpio thing. I have Scorpio ascendant and my eye contact and curiosity can be too much if I don't Kerb it.

Abby83

I though it was a Scorpio thing. I have Scorpio ascendant and my eye contact and curiosity can be too much if I don't Kerb it.

Yes well I too am a scorpio asc. And when I go to astrodienst astro click travel I see the scorpio line go through where I live. So yeah, that must be it. It's scorpio. Super freaky! I don't make any eye contact anymore. I keep my eyes on the ground but it doesn't stop them from staring. Sag line goes through Sydney so that wud explain why the ppl there are more easygoing towards me.

Bunraku

In some neighborhoods like New York and etc. if you look at someone in the eye it means you are asking for trouble, so everyone minds their own business.

In some cultures, like some south asian ones, it’s fine to stare at someone and it won’t be considered rude.

The_Saturnian

Interesting! Which of the four angles is the Scorpio (Mars) line IC/MC/DC/AC? Posting your chart may show a bit more.

I've relocated myself this year and I do feel different too, so I can relate to what your are experiencing. Where I use to live I felt lost, empty and where I was born I had a Pluto DC (I think from memory) - constantly living in fear. I was so fearful of even walking out the house and going to the shop to buy cigarettes.

Bare in mind that your relocated chart may change your AC/DC axis. E.g. nattily I was born under Gemini, but now I've ruled by Venus (Taurus).

Abby83

In some neighborhoods like New York and etc. if you look at someone in the eye it means you are asking for trouble, so everyone minds their own business.

In some cultures, like some south asian ones, it’s fine to stare at someone and it won’t be considered rude.

Good point. Yeah so one thing ive noticed is that in the bigger cities you don't get ppl staring and I thought maybe it's because ppl have perhaps more important things to do or they're just too busy. I didn't know it was a troublesome thing to do in New York. How interesting. But it makes sense to me. Where I live it's a small city where ppl go to settle down, buy a home and have kids. You don't go here to have fun. So you're bound to see the same ppl regularly.

But then I noticed on astroclcik travel that the Pluto AS line goes through where I live. I have no idea what it means though.

Last edited:

Abby83

Interesting! Which of the four angles is the Scorpio (Mars) line IC/MC/DC/AC? Posting your chart may show a bit more.

I've relocated myself this year and I do feel different too, so I can relate to what your are experiencing. Where I use to live I felt lost, empty and where I was born I had a Pluto DC (I think from memory) - constantly living in fear. I was so fearful of even walking out the house and going to the shop to buy cigarettes.

Bare in mind that your relocated chart may change your AC/DC axis. E.g. nattily I was born under Gemini, but now I've ruled by Venus (Taurus).

I hear ya!

I forgot to mention my pluto is also conjunct the Saturn so I get what u mean about the fear and intensity. For me it's more an annoyance of feeling them stare with such intensity. Like I cant give anything away otherwise they will judge me too harshly or that by watching me and knowing my every move they may use it to my disadvantage.

My husband told me he doesn't notice ppl doing it to him which kinda worries me. I try and look from the outside view and see how other ppl look at him and a lot of ppl look at him with admiration and ease. Lucky bast*rd.

The astroclick travel says Pluto AS.

Last edited:

aquarius7000

I think it may just have to do with the fact that cities like New York or Sydney are bigger cities with a fast pace. If at all someone might look (you may call it stare) at you, it may just have to do with their own mind planning their next official meeting. There is little to no curiosity in terms of interest in you involved there. Also, in such bigger cities, there is such a tremendous mix of people that the 'wow' element is next to nil almost when seeing somebody dressed differently or with different (foreign) looks.

In smaller cities, it is quite the reverse. People have more time, life is not that fast-paced, people are more curious and even contact-friendly. Also, if in a particular area a certain ethnicity percentage is low and you belong to that ethnicity, you could be stared at out of curiosity.

Astrologically, I think staring belongs to every sign because staring is a 'mind' thing. The eyes just carry the message through.:sideways:

So ive realised there is a huge difference in what I experience with ppl in different cities or states or countries.

In the city I live in I have found that ppl stare at me and if I accidentally give eye contact they start to overanalyse me yet when I travel to different states or countries I don't get this at all. Like ANYWHERE else. For example when I went to Sydney I even tried to stare really hard at some ppl and no one even noticed me. It was FANTASTIC!! It's like really nice to not be watched all the time you know? Yet where I live ppl always do it.

Is there anything astrological that could explain this? Im not really experienced with relocation charts. Could it be that ppl here are like this? Or is it just what im attracting here do to astrology?

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

I hear ya!

I forgot to mention my pluto is also conjunct the Saturn so I get what u mean about the fear and intensity. For me it's more an annoyance of feeling them stare with such intensity. Like I cant give anything away otherwise they will judge me too harshly or that by watching me and knowing my every move they may use it to my disadvantage.

My husband told me he doesn't notice ppl doing it to him which kinda worries me. I try and look from the outside view and see how other ppl look at him and a lot of ppl look at him with admiration and ease. Lucky bast*rd.

The astroclick travel says Pluto AS.

That will explain a lot. Saturn conjunct Pluto (both representations of fear). Scorpio rising will bestow a magnetic aura. Scorpio represents power. So it leads me to conclude people feel and are aware of your power (Pluto) and feel threatened/challenged by it on a sub conscious level i.e. something they may not be able to explain. Though this may instill fear/discomfort, I would suggest to face it as with planets like Saturn and Pluto there are valuable lessons to be learnt. Facing your fears or making you experience what you don't want to experience.

Things may ease as the Saturn/Pluto transit through your relocated chart. Particularly once they transit through houses as they are so slow in movement.

Abby83

That will explain a lot. Saturn conjunct Pluto (both representations of fear). Scorpio rising will bestow a magnetic aura. Scorpio represents power. So it leads me to conclude people feel and are aware of your power (Pluto) and feel threatened/challenged by it on a sub conscious level i.e. something they may not be able to explain. Though this may instill fear/discomfort, I would suggest to face it as with planets like Saturn and Pluto there are valuable lessons to be learnt. Facing your fears or making you experience what you don't want to experience.

Things may ease as the Saturn/Pluto transit through your relocated chart. Particularly once they transit through houses as they are so slow in movement.

YES!!!!! Exactly what I was thinking. So the pluto asc scorpio brings on the image of power and ppl want to test that (I get it instantly my whole life, I always wondered why ppl reacted without knowing me). Im always on guard because I know if I let it down, someone will enter through my barrier and do something inappropriate to enter a power struggle. Like the other day some young adult woman with a broken window drove past and yelled out 'hey she's (some guy) gf haha,' and repeated it again and again as she got out the car. Another man yelled something out the car at me yesterday too. Like I attract strangers from my neighbourhood cursing or dumping their rubbish on me and I never really knew how to react.

Another story, I spoke on the phone to a lady from the gym who was ever so nice and sweet and warm to me. Once she saw me in person she snapped, she didn't want to help me and got really frustrated and aggressive towards me. This is the reaction I can get from either the sweetest ppl so im not sure what I can do to face that.

You know cos you're saying it's the pluto asc scorpio thing. So I wonder if I should just be mature, ignore, and take a detour when I go for my walks or if I should stand and really give it to her, like you said, face your fear?

You know what's more annoying for me? My natal Saturn and pluto are in my 12th house, so im actually completely unaware of my power and how to use it because naturally im such a trusting loving person. A lot of the time I feel powerless, however my beliefs always win me in the end, even if it takes 10 to 20 yrs!!

I also used to think ppl stared because of the blonde hair but now that my hair is darker I know that's not the case. Even yesterday at the beach my kids and I were having a shower and the girl waiting stared at us with this odd expression, fixated, for the whole 2 mins. I wanted to slap her in the blo*dy face.

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

YES!!!!! Exactly what I was thinking. So the pluto asc scorpio brings on the image of power and ppl want to test that (I get it instantly my whole life, I always wondered why ppl reacted without knowing me). Im always on guard because I know if I let it down, someone will enter through my barrier and do something inappropriate to enter a power struggle. Like the other day some young adult woman with a broken window drove past and yelled out 'hey she's (some guy) gf haha,' and repeated it again and again as she got out the car. Another man yelled something out the car at me yesterday too. Like I attract strangers from my neighbourhood cursing or dumping their rubbish on me and I never really knew how to react.

Another story, I spoke on the phone to a lady from the gym who was ever so nice and sweet and warm to me. Once she saw me in person she snapped, she didn't want to help me and got really frustrated and aggressive towards me. This is the reaction I can get from either the sweetest ppl so im not sure what I can do to face that.

You know cos you're saying it's the pluto asc scorpio thing. So I wonder if I should just be mature, ignore, and take a detour when I go for my walks or if I should stand and really give it to her, like you said, face your fear?

You know what's more annoying for me? My natal Saturn and pluto are in my 12th house, so im actually completely unaware of my power and how to use it because naturally im such a trusting loving person. A lot of the time I feel powerless, however my beliefs always win me in the end, even if it takes 10 to 20 yrs!!

I also used to think ppl stared because of the blonde hair but now that my hair is darker I know that's not the case. Even yesterday at the beach my kids and I were having a shower and the girl waiting stared at us with this odd expression, fixated, for the whole 2 mins. I wanted to slap her in the blo*dy face.

Hmmmm. Sounds as if it's almost a daily occurrence, based on the above mentioned. 12th house is the house of losses/pain/suffering/karma/judgement etc. Consider this - a tip would be to start mediating. 12th house things can also be all things Piscean/Neptunian. So spiritualism does come into play. It would be good practice to meditate, if not a regular basis but every so often. Meditation will help in all aspects of life, particularly when dealing with pain/fear. What the state of play with regards to your progressions? Have there been any changes of sign/house of the Ascendant/Sun?

Abby83

Hmmmm. Sounds as if it's almost a daily occurrence, based on the above mentioned. 12th house is the house of losses/pain/suffering/karma/judgement etc. Consider this - a tip would be to start mediating. 12th house things can also be all things Piscean/Neptunian. So spiritualism does come into play. It would be good practice to meditate, if not a regular basis but every so often. Meditation will help in all aspects of life, particularly when dealing with pain/fear. What the state of play with regards to your progressions? Have there been any changes of sign/house of the Ascendant/Sun?

Funny you say that. Meditating is the one thing ive never been able to do. But ive been told by many ppl that I need to block more and ignore more. Like it's easy for ppl to enter my sphere, because of their persistence mostly. I like to escape and enjoy nature and it's surroundings so that's the best form of meditation for me. I always feel good and safer in the parklands or on the beach. It's around buildings of any kind of confined space that I struggle. But I know I have to learn to space myself from others in my head even if they are standing next to me in a large class of ppl. That's the challenge. Group settings are the worst cos that's when one or two ppl come out with their desire to control and then gang up in a group. Basically it's all about control. I'm a person who is well put together and I know what I'm doing and I am in control of my life and I also have a freedom loving life and that's when the control freaks come out. Control freaks hate seeing other ppl who are put together because it means their job is done for them. They want to control me. It's what they do. They cant handle it any other way.

As for progressions, my progressed sun will cross natal asc soon. That sun is the weakest planet in my chart btw. Also right now I have progressed mars square Neptune. I have real problems with assertion and setting boundaries. It just doesn't come naturally and when I say no, ppl seem to keep crossing the line and I get really upset :(. So I find ignoring them and distancing is the best strategy.

The contradictory part of all of this is when T Saturn hit my 12th house sun and T Uranus and pluto were at hard angles with it as well, there was not one person I could trust or be relaxed around (oh, except my mother), so distancing myself and turning inwards was the only way to protect myself, but it's just so lonely!! I'm a ppl person (sun in libra).

Last edited:

The_Saturnian

Funny you say that. Meditating is the one thing ive never been able to do. But ive been told by many ppl that I need to block more and ignore more. Like it's easy for ppl to enter my sphere, because of their persistence mostly. I like to escape and enjoy nature and it's surroundings so that's the best form of meditation for me. I always feel good and safer in the parklands or on the beach. It's around buildings of any kind of confined space that I struggle. But I know I have to learn to space myself from others in my head even if they are standing next to me in a large class of ppl. That's the challenge. Group settings are the worst cos that's when one or two ppl come out with their desire to control and then gang up in a group. Basically it's all about control. I'm a person who is well put together and I know what I'm doing and I am in control of my life and I also have a freedom loving life and that's when the control freaks come out. Control freaks hate seeing other ppl who are put together because it means their job is done for them. They want to control me. It's what they do. They cant handle it any other way.

As for progressions, my progressed sun will cross natal asc soon. That sun is the weakest planet in my chart btw. Also right now I have progressed mars square Neptune. I have real problems with assertion and setting boundaries. It just doesn't come naturally and when I say no, ppl seem to keep crossing the line and I get really upset :(. So I find ignoring them and distancing is the best strategy.

The contradictory part of all of this is when T Saturn hit my 12th house sun and T Uranus and pluto were at hard angles with it as well, there was not one person I could trust or be relaxed around (oh, except my mother), so distancing myself and turning inwards was the only way to protect myself, but it's just so lonely!! I'm a ppl person (sun in libra).

Yes meditating doesn't necessarily mean you have sit crossed legged, shut your eyes, take deep breaths in and out and focus on the centre of your forehead. What you've described about feeling relaxed in a park or on the beach, sounds to me like you're more accustomed to practicing mindfulness. Being self aware in other words.

I've also remembered Saturn in 12th could also explain isolation. A need to be or compulsion to being isolated. This also explains why you would need your "space".

Progressed Sun crossing over natal ascendant is perhaps one of the biggest moments in one's life. It's all about you. Change of personality. Radiating like the Sun. But you may experience some woeful changes too. As that year progresses things will ease out. It might even give your courage to stand up to people and they may even start to back down.

Ouch! That square is painful, that too in the 12th house. Well as per my signature, whatever doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Easy for someone like me to say I know, but the legend who lives it lives to tell the tale. That's you! Once you pass through this difficult time things will ease out and settle down. I had Saturn transit to natal exact Uranus (r) conjunct Moon last summer and it was hard, but today I'm reaping the rewards.

Abby83

Hey The Saturnian - thank you very much for your time and advice on this thread. Your advice has helped me a lot and I appreciate it greatly. Thanks :).