Moon in Capricorn--Grrrr.... :(

persephone5

I have several friends with Moon in Capricorn including my father and although they are not so effusive and demonstrative, they are salt of the Earth and can be relied on. It all depends on the aspects and how they relate to you personally. I have Moon in Taurus and I guess that dovetails. They tend to be work oriented and not domesticated so if you want a cuddly woman who bakes cookies and is motherly, then no, I guess not.

But don't forget, it depends on the other aspects in the chart of the Capricorn moon native as well! not just people interacting with the capricorn moon person.

Someone with a pisces, cancer or libra sun/venus would be very different than someone with a capricorn moon and sun/venus in virgo,capricorn or aquarius for instance.

MaeMae

Banned
moon in capricorn, purrrrrrrrrr.
I'd take a cap moon in any form ~ !
would hit my chiron, mars, nn/sn, pluto, neptune, jupiter, saturn, venus in varied degrees.
they would have an emotional need to set me straight, not accept my b.s., though they may tolerate it.
11' (degrees) ~ 28' is my g-spot ~ conjunct my natal jupiter saturn in 6th.
They are the ones who help me make it through the day to day.
Through humor or b*itchslappin...either works for me.

persephone5

I do not have Moon in Capricorn, but know of several people who do. I have a... "distaste" for their apparently emotionless selves. They may have achieved much in life, sure, but I really dislike their cold, emotionless nature. It's being near a cold stone. Perhaps achievement is the thing that satisfies their moon Granted, there could very well be other factors contributing to the feeling, but I've noticed a pattern that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if others sense anything similar.

Perhaps it has more to do with the types of people you attract? Or, those particular people for some reason, show that side of themselves more when they are around you? It's definitely true that people act differently around different people and that sometimes a person brings out their worst traits. Some people clash and some people click. Or, rather, sometimes a particular trait stands out too much to someone because it grates on their nerves.

I know I've experienced that last one before. It usually grates on me because its a trait that is completely different from my own tendencies. Sometimes I perceive this is because I secretly want to be more like that and am resentful or I just think its foolish/annoying and too self-conscious.

I think most of the traits you describe are too stereotypical of the sign to be accurate for most people and might have more to do with aspects and other signs than solely being the fault of the moon in capriccorn.

The whole chart should be looked at rather than singling out one planet.

A person with their sun in pisces with moon in capricorn will be VERY different, usually at least, than a sun in virgo with that placement. Or, a moon conjunct saturn in capricorn will be highly different than moon in capricorn trine venus.

Certain aspects can soften the moon in capricorn placement, and others can exacerbate their weaknesses.

I have two examples of people with moon in capricorn.

I have a friend who has a capricorn moon, but she also has sun/merc/venus/saturn and uranus in sag!

In general, she is excitable (which makes her fun) and she has no trouble expressing her opinion or her feelings. She is warm and social, though not overly so. She has many friends and is very active. She is very open and shares easily, even things that make her look bad or silly or insecure. Family is extremely important to her. She is not overly ambitious. I would say a good healthy amount without it being obvious. She is competitive but not annoyingly so. She is far from selfish. In her case, I think all her sagittarius influences outweigh her capricorn moon. She also has sun and venus in conjuntion to uranus. I would say one fault of hers is a tendency to nag her husband (haven't noticed her doing it with others) and her tendency to complain/whine. Overall,she is upbeat, but I notice sometimes she gets in moods where she complains a lot. Considering sag, I would say its more of a capricorn trait.

I was shocked when I looked up her birthchart. I never would have suspected moon in capricorn!

Now, the second example:

I am a scorpio with moon in capricorn. Yes, I am reserved (very) and I do not express my emotions/feelings very well. However, I am far from cold. Most people would describe me as very affectionate, caring and generous. If they thought about it, they would probably realise that I don't talk about myself or my feelings or fears very often, if at all, and while I can appear aloof and distant at first meeting, once I warm up I let my guard down enough to be moderately chatty and friendly. In general, I am a very friendly amiable person. With friends I can be quite talkative and it is with them that I show my sagittarian traits.

With family, I am very caring and generous. I am very dependable. It is important for me to be there for them and help whenever I can. I am always the mediator and the comforter. I am also the person who gives sound advice and am usually the one to dissuade others from doing something I deem risky or foolish.

With strangers, especially in a group setting, I appear to have an icy reserve-sometimes more of a melancholic distance really--and I can be somewhat curt (not in a rude way, just brief and to the point in speech). In my case I do this due to extreme shyness. I try to talk as little as possible. I am not like this at all with friends or people I feel comfortable with.

I have most of the negative traits of capricorn in terms of emotional hangups, but I don't have a lot of the typical traits. I am not concerned with status or achievement (would probably be better if I was). I am not ambitious or concerned about status quo and am not a traditional minded person. I try really hard not to offend/disappoint or hurt anyones feelings.

In my case I think I lack some of the typical capricorn traits due to my venus in sag and aspects to uranus. Sun/merc and venus conjunct uranus. My ascendant in leo and loads of planets in house 5. I have a few sextiles to my moon which helps immensely I think.

But I also have moon square saturn and pluto which makes it all a lot worse! That is really where the reserve, the depressive tendency and need to feel in control of my emotions comes into play. Saturn is very restrictive. Self contained is a good word for it. I am also overly cautious with certain things (esp with money!)

In my friends case, her strong sagittarian influence greatly outweighs most of the negative capricorn traits. It definitely softens the reserve of the placement and most definitely adds more zest/spontaneity and action to capricorn which can be a bit dour and routine.

In my case, it is also the sagittarius (I have sun and mercury in conjunction to jupiter as well). But it is also my leo rising adding warmth and affection and PLAYFULNESS. I think both sag and leo also give a person a more youthful approach to life that capricorn definitely lacks.

In short (not!), its really hard to generalize any sign placement, as there is so much going on in a chart. While there ARE people out there who are cold and overly concerned with achievement and status and status quo, you will find just as many with other moon placements as ones with capricorn moon. Maybe some of them have moon square saturn with their moon in a different placement. Or some other planetary combination that makes a similar impression to capricorn.

Southpaw

Banned
I do not have Moon in Capricorn, but know of several people who do. I have a... "distaste" for their apparently emotionless selves. They may have achieved much in life, sure, but I really dislike their cold, emotionless nature. It's being near a cold stone. Perhaps achievement is the thing that satisfies their moon Granted, there could very well be other factors contributing to the feeling, but I've noticed a pattern that rubs me the wrong way. Not sure if others sense anything similar.

Moon in Capricorn is alpha. I definitely wouldn't recommend Moon in Cap men to weak women.

Napoleon, George Washington, Hitler, George Patton, etc are all Capricorn Moons. They're brilliant at military operations. I believe this is due to their superior planning ability and ruthless nature.

piscesascendant

Moon in Capricorn is alpha. I definitely wouldn't recommend Moon in Cap men to weak women.

Napoleon, George Washington, Hitler, George Patton, etc are all Capricorn Moons. They're brilliant at military operations. I believe this is due to their superior planning ability and ruthless nature.

I would not associate Capricorn Moon with alpha. The ones I've known have too many issues. Of the Capricorn moon people I've known, I have yet to meet one that isn't masking an insecurity.

Southpaw

Banned
I would not associate Capricorn Moon with alpha. The ones I've known have too many issues. Of the Capricorn moon people I've known, I have yet to meet one that isn't masking an insecurity.

Alpha as in they are dominant and run things. I much rather have a Moon in Cap over a Moon in Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, or Sagittarius any day.

Leading especially leading the military IS alpha

piscesascendant

Alpha as in they are dominant and run things. I much rather have a Moon in Cap over a Moon in Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, or Sagittarius any day.

Leading especially leading the military IS alpha

I know what alpha means. Moon is in domicile in Cancer and in detriment in Capricorn. It's at home in Cancer, not in Capricorn. All of the signs mentioned would be preferable to Capricorn for the Moon, except for Moon in Scorpio, where the Moon is in Fall. It's simply not in the most beneficial placement in Capricorn.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Banned
I know what alpha means. Moon is in domicile in Cancer and in detriment in Capricorn. It's at home in Cancer, not in Capricorn. All of the signs mentioned would be preferable to Capricorn for the Moon. It's simply not in the most beneficial placement in Capricorn.

I go by patterns and trends I see in the real world and history. Mars, the planet that represents war, for example has been shown to be clearly inferior in Aries compared to Taurus, where it supposed to be in detriment when it comes to combat sports.

piscesascendant

I go by patterns and trends I see in the real world and history. Mars, the planet that represents war, for example has been shown to be clearly inferior in Aries compared to Taurus, where it supposed to be in detriment when it comes to combat sports.

The topic is Moon in Capricorn.

piscesascendant

and you still have yet to prove it's not alpha.

Traditional domiciles and detriments don't tell the entire story since you seemed to have missed the point in my prior post that you quoted.

I have known of several people with Capricorn Moon, none of whom are alpha. Experience is my "proof."

I didn't miss any point. I was sticking to the topic.

Southpaw

Banned
I have known of several people with Capricorn Moon, none of whom are alpha. Experience is my "proof."

I didn't miss any point. I was sticking to the topic.
Let's have a quick review
These several people you know all happen to be hard-driving high achievers. This suggests that they're winners in this hard and competitive world. These are strong alpha people, and all it took was a small sample of the several Cap Moons you happen to know in order for you to spot this trend.

You tried to disqualify them earlier due to having insecurities. Well, insecurity is also a Cancerian trait. You know the domicile spot for the Moon. I'd even argue that insecurity is a factor in what makes people driven to do great things.

piscesascendant

Let's have a quick review
These several people you know all happen to be hard-driving high achievers. This suggests that they're winners in this hard and competitive world. These are strong alpha people, and all it took was a small sample of the several Cap Moons you happen to know in order for you to spot this trend.

You tried to disqualify them earlier due to having insecurities. Well, insecurity is also a Cancerian trait. You know the domicile spot for the Moon. I'd even argue that insecurity is a factor in what makes people driven to do great things.

I've known several people who are higher achievers who are not alpha. I've also known several people who are alpha who say they haven't accomplished anything. One does not necessarily equate with the other.

Each sign will probably have its own type of insecurity, and Capricorn Moon people are no strangers to that.

Southpaw

Banned
I've known several people who are higher achievers who are not alpha. I've also known several people who are alpha who say they haven't accomplished anything. One does not necessarily equate with the other.

Each sign will probably have its own type of insecurity, and Capricorn Moon people are no strangers to that.
and the other several? You need to be confident in yourself in order to win and tackle tough tasks, achieving as you like to call it. Did you play any sports while growing up? There's correlation between winning and being dominant. The top dog that day wins or achieves.

so why mention insecurity earlier in attempt to say they're not alpha? Going by your definition I guess no influences are more likely to be at the peak of the mountain.

piscesascendant

and the other several? You need to be confident in yourself in order to win and tackle tough tasks, achieving as you like to call it. Did you play any sports while growing up? There's correlation between winning and being dominant. The top dog that day wins or achieves.

Not necessarily.

so why mention insecurity earlier in attempt to say they're not alpha? Going by your definition I guess no influences are more likely to be at the peak of the mountain.

Because they were insecure. Capricorn Moon people I've known overcompensate for their insecurities, and others can mistake this for alpha.

Southpaw

Banned
Not necessarily.

Because they were insecure. Capricorn Moon people I've known overcompensate for their insecurities, and others can mistake this for alpha.
Now being alpha is associated with insecurity?:pinched:

Can you name a Moon Sign that is greater at leading men for war, an alpha duty? While you're at it, I also forgot to mention earlier that Julius Caesar was also a Capricorn Moon.

[deleted attacking comments - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator:
M

may28gemini

I read the back and forth between southpaw and pisces about capricorn moon. very interesting and hilarious discussion.

i agree with piscesasc because capricorn sign in any planet except for mars naturally exists as being insecure. capricorn is achievement oriented because they are extremely insecure on the inside and being earth bound, they seek external validation as a padding for their internal turmoil. i've met a lot of capricorn moons and although, i was friends with them because they sought me out, after awhile, they got cold and downright nasty. i had no choice but to leave them and not look back. in general, cap moons try to do the right thing but they always end up f*cking up with people. cap moon does not know nor feel why something is "the right thing" but they try to do these "right things" because it's traditionally indoctrinated in society and cap is very status quo. the problem of doing things without much belief/conviction in the actions on a philosophical and emotional level is there no higher connection and therefore, no internal rewards can be achieved. when dealing with objects and business, cap moons would be bar none, top notch- but that doesn't mean alpha. cap is slightly better than "shallow" but there's NOTHING deep about them- in any placement. not even when exalted in mars.

pisces, i don't think aqua moons are cold necessarily but they are very distant and detached. i think southpaws was trying to illustrate their similarities:
cap and aqua are both saturn ruled signs so when in moon position, you're going to experience something similar to saturn-moon aspects. aqua actually can be cold, but not cold in the malicious way that cap gets, aqua cold is more like "i don't know how to handle this so i won't get involved..." cap cold is, "everyone is worthless and a complete waste of space so i'm not going to bother." cap moons feel very little for themselves- there's a lot of self-loathing and feel nothing for others. aqua moons actually do feel for others but have difficulty expressing it in a way that wouldn't be mushy and gross them out.

and southpaw, you're right about in real world aries mars in dignity is actually inferior to detriment taurus. most people do not really understand how dignity in a malefic planet actually enhances the malefication. i tried to explain that in another thread, but too many people had their heads up their a$$ and kept fighting me.

anyway, i have taurus mars and i will stick around and wait to crush my opponent. i could give give 2 sh*ts if it takes forever because i will make heads will roll if i want. most of the time, i don't want any violence, i don't even like arguing, but i do give into the reality that it fighting and arguing is necessary so if i must, i'll battle to win. it's only the important things that i will definitely stand my ground and go to war over but other than that, i let a lot of sh*t slide. keep in mind, taurus mars doesn't operate on pride, not the way that aries mars is prideful. taurus mars is only interested in the barebones essentials of what makes the native secure. taurus mars is almost a guaranteed money making placement as mars is a money planet and taurus is a money sign (the other money sign is scorpio). if you mess with someone's money and they have taurus mars, watch out! taurus will come collect debt nicely for awhile but if you don't pay up, taurus mars will hound you to the end of time to get back what's their's. trust me, i know. i'm generous but if you push my generosity, i'm going to be the torn in your side for eternity. taurus mars people also tend to pay back money quickly. we respect money and its value.

my best friend has aries mars. she can't seem to get much done. she starts everything, but rarely sees anything through. she switches sides a lot and when arguing, she doesn't tend to put her foot down. she has an explosive temper that eggs other people on and doesn't realize it. she gets into public arguments with strangers a lot and if i'm there, i intervene and do damage control. i control my temper and impulses pretty well, but she on the other hand, gives into her impulses all the time. despite all that, i love her. i always stand up for her and i don't mind her strange impulses. taurus mars is patient and will put up with silliness more than any other mars placement. also, aries mars tend to be very physically active but so can taurus mars. i like being physically active and i find that only aries mars has the interest and energy to want to do deal with physical strain so those are the only friends that are willing to go a lot of things with me and not afraid to break a sweat. dignity scorpio mars is even more inferior as it's weak and flabby and they like to stay at home and watch tv.

Last edited:

piscesascendant

I read the back and forth between southpaw and pisces about capricorn moon. very interesting and hilarious discussion.

i agree with piscesasc because capricorn sign in any planet except for mars naturally exists as being insecure. capricorn is achievement oriented because they are extremely insecure on the inside and being earth bound, they seek external validation as a padding for their internal turmoil. i've met a lot of capricorn moons and although, i was friends with them because they sought me out, after awhile, they got cold and downright nasty. i had no choice but to leave them and not look back. in general, cap moons try to do the right thing but they always end up f*cking up with people. when dealing with objects and business, cap moons would be bar none, top notch- but that doesn't mean alpha.

and southpaw, you're right about in real world aries mars in dignity is actually inferior to detriment taurus. most people do not really understand how dignity in a malefic planet actually enhances the malefication. i tried to explain that in another thread, but too many people had their heads up their a$$ and kept fighting me.
i have taurus mars and i will stick around and wait to crush my opponent, i wouldn't care if it takes forever. heads will roll when i determine it's what i want. most of the time, i don't want any violence, i don't even like arguing. it's only the important things that i will definitely stand my ground. my best friend has aries mars. she can't seem to get much done. she starts everything, but rarely sees anything through. she switches sides a lot and when arguing, she doesn't tend to put her foot down. she has an explosive temper that eggs other people on and doesn't realize it. i control my temper and impulses pretty well, but she on the other hand, gives into her impulses all the time.

Interesting take, may28gemini, but I would disagree with Mars being inferior in Aries as opposed to Taurus. I don't have Mars in either of those signs, so there's no axe to grind there. You have to consider, though, the activity of what is being undertaken. Taurus may help Mars in ways Aries may not be able to, but in the end, Mars in Taurus does strike me as inferior since Mars would not enjoy being in a fixed earth sign.

It's true that some people who have placements in detriment or fall may appear to have accomplished quite a bit, but it's been noticeable when I've been around such people that the accomplishments are masking deep insecurities and inner turmoil (as you put it) as a result. If there's still such inner turmoil after they've done so much, what have they really accomplished?

There's been talk on plenty of threads about how others view those with placements in exaltation or domicile as potentially lazy or inert, whereas those who have placements in detriment or fall accomplish a lot. Keep in mind that those accomplishments could simply be overcompensating, and granted, others may value the fruits of their labor, but what do those who've "accomplished" really have other than material "gain" in exchange for inner turmoil?

Glad you're enjoying the thread, too. lol

By the way, Aquarius is ruled by Saturn and Uranus. The distancing and detachment some ascribe to it is simply Aquarius's way to stepping away from Saturn in order to makes changes (Uranus).

Last edited:

Skywomb

My grandmother did never curse her entire life to anyones knowledge at least (OK once when she got a fork in her forehead). She had her Moon in Capricorn. :)
She had lots of Virgo and some Libra as well, I think.

She was never an achiever, well OK she built a nice garden and worked a lot with that, and her children.
Emotionally distant, yes. Dead, yes.
From another era. Nicest person I've known (now I'm quite a bit Capricorn/Scorpio-ish so), and her actual children well she took good care of them is all I can say. And from what I heard she was always very calm a person and kind (but yes distant).

Bladibladabla!

Last edited:
M

may28gemini

Interesting take, may28gemini, but I would disagree with Mars being inferior in Aries as opposed to Taurus. I don't have Mars in either of those signs, so there's no axe to grind there. You have to consider, though, the activity of what is being undertaken. Taurus may help Mars in ways Aries may not be able to, but in the end, Mars in Taurus does strike me as inferior since Mars would not enjoy being in a fixed earth sign.

It's true that some people who have placements in detriment or fall may appear to have accomplished quite a bit, but it's been noticeable when I've been around such people that the accomplishments are masking deep insecurities and inner turmoil (as you put it) as a result. If there's still such inner turmoil after they've done so much, what have they really accomplished?

There's been talk on plenty of threads about how others view those with placements in exaltation or domicile as potentially lazy or inert, whereas those who have placements in detriment or fall accomplish a lot. Keep in mind that those accomplishments could simply be overcompensating, and granted, others may value the fruits of their labor, but what do those who've "accomplished" really have other than material "gain" in exchange for inner turmoil?

Glad you're enjoying the thread, too. lol

By the way, Aquarius is ruled by Saturn and Uranus. The distancing and detachment some ascribe to it is simply Aquarius's way to stepping away from Saturn in order to makes changes (Uranus).

i like you. you're hilarious and a good sport. no, i don't think you have any axe to grind, you pretty much just come out and say it. i like it when people don't agree with me but are capable of being good humored about it and not being defensive. i like aqua moons actually. you guys are good sports and not so attached with sensitivity and ego like a bunch of other moons which i will not mention because i don't want to start a war about it :ninja:

when i mentioned about cap and aqua being saturn ruled, i omitted uranus out because it was a reference to what southpaw said earlier. i do understand how uranus plays his part in making aquarius wonky :tongue:

i can understand why a lot of people would say aries mars would be superior to taurus. aries is exciting and very action oriented. maybe too action oriented. taurus is traditionally lazy, fat, into luxuries, being shallow, etc. i have to say that yes, taurus mars is also guilty of those when afflicted. thankfully my mars isn't afflicted and trines both jupiter and saturn :cool: so my taurus mars isn't that yucky LOL i do like nice things, i do want to possess beautiful objects. but i don't put off facing some pretty hairy situations and i'm not afraid to fight. my best friend with an aries mars always counts on me to fight on her side and i always have her back. taurus mars is superior to aries mars in the sense that we're bound to a higher sense of loyalty. aries mars isn't afraid to flip the script if it means getting what they want.