How can I overcome my inferiority complex and laziness/escapism?

Zarathu

Account Closed
One of the biggest problems of being an adolescent is that you really have no one to talk to about problems that every adolescent has and that often as not get resolved as you go into early adult hood.

When I was 17 years old, 48 years ago, I could have written a letter identical to yours, as could most my friends who were not part of the social elite in my high school. I found out later that some of those in that special elite group were experiencing everything I was also.

So the question is whether your feelings are part of your age experience or part of your natal chart?

My suspicion is that they are more of the first than the second. I'm sure that someone will comment on your chart. After saying this, you might expect me to do so, but I have an ethical issue of not being able to do chart work for children(I know you don't see yourself as a child, and in a real sense you are not) under the legal age of 18.

My suggestion before you get too deeply into astrology which incidentally is more complex than you can imagine at this time in your life, that you find a friend who is about 22-26 to talk to about these concerns.

sam1937

I appreciate that you have responded to my post, even though you don't think it's a good idea for my chart to be read. I do realize many people my age are facing the same things, but I guess I turned to this site to find some help. It is an overwhelming time for me right now, and I feel astrology may help with guiding me or at least inspiring me to take advantage of what I can do. Perhaps I should just make an appointment with my guidance counselor, to clear things up. Thank you, Zarathu :)

Zarathu

Account Closed
I've been a professional astrologer for a long time, and I've been into the subject for almost 3 times longer than you have been alive.

I would never put down astrology.

However, I was also into professional counseling of children for 40 years(humans who were younger than you are now mostly). Sometimes, it can be more useful to talk to a real person than to go to astrology. Its my gut feeling that astrology could be useful to you if done in a professional manner, a real person would be better for you. Please remember that most of the people here on this forum are not professional astrologers, nor do many of them have counseling experience to understand how an adolescent can "take" specific information shared by an astrologer, and run with it in ways that the astrologer never thought they might. Its about the law of untended consequences.

I just have this gut feeling that you should talk to a real person who has gone through these issues before going to astrology. My opinion, of course.

sam1937

I feel like I can respect your opinion because of your experience and if your gut feeling (which has probably proved true for you in many situations in your life) says I should get help, and I know I cannot rely solely on astrology, then I think I will put trust in my guidance counselor.
Thank you again for your concerns and I definitely won't put down astrology:I think I am to intrigued by it to do that now :)