Help, Please?

sagittariussoul

Hi all, so the last few couple of years have been the hardest of my life. Suffering from episodes of depression, to anger followed by extreme lonliness and despair even now on new years eve and i'm struggling to cope. So I was just wondering if there is anything to gain out of this? Or if 2018 will hold a better theme for me? Since I’ve lost so much this year and finding it difficult to see the light in anything. Thanks in advance..

Attachments

• astro_2gw_elizabeth.76211.12915.jpg
    astro_2gw_elizabeth.76211.12915.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 29

obsidianmineral

To see what the future holds in the next year to could do one of the following things:

a) Check out your Solar return which started in 2017 on your birthday

b) Ask a horary question about how things will go in 2018

kimbermoon

sorry to hear of your dilemma, but please know that you are not alone: many are undergoing major transformational experiences under some significant generational transits that are affecting us all in one way or another. Saturn has just returned to it's home sign of Capricorn where it is testing the limits of all our governing systems which affect us on the material level. Cyclically, this is the area it transited between 1989- 1991.

In Capricorn, Saturn serves to remind us of the limits of time and matter, while representing our personal boundaries, responsibilities and commitments. During this transit we are made more aware of the need for self control and self-discipline and are often made to acknowledge our accountability for our past actions.

For you this is a difficult transit as it moves through your first house of 'personality', whereby you are forced to come to terms with your outer personality and how it affects others. At the same time the planet of crisis and transformation is also transiting the Neptune/Uranus conjunct in your first house and that shows the need for you to move beyond your personal eccentricities and illusions and face up to the greater reality of living in the material realm. Add to this that the planet of expansion and growth [Jupiter] is also in transit of natal Pluto in your 10th H. This area relates to your career aspirations and life path. As such, in your assessment of yourself and where you want to be heading it can be helpful to recall any particular themes that came up for you between 1989-91. What you didn't learn during that time will once again be likely to revisit your life.

Also with Mercury transiting your 12th House, this suggests a time for self-reflection and reviewing where you have been in the past; journalizing can be especially helpful for you at this juncture of your life. Be sure you are making accurate evaluations of yourself, as with the influence of Sagittarius being hidden behind your mask of personality, it can again be difficult to avoid depressions.

The interaction between your Sun/Neptune can be accessed to help you gain a greater faith through spirituality, which is sometimes the only way we can learn to overcome what ails us in life. Also the conjunction of Jupiter /Mars in your 9th shows the potential for using your mind to overcome the lack of optimism and depression you may be feeling, through greater awareness and growth. It is necessary to understand the inner themes of your psychic conditioning in order to heal the ailments that haunt you. I would be happy to help you understand these inner themes and patterns in the new year if you would like some additional counsel. Be well and blessed be.

Osamenor

Staff member
What kinds of losses have you experienced this past year?

In addition to what the others mentioned, I notice this: Saturn has been transiting your ascendant, off and on, for much of the past year. It just moved off your ascendant and definitively into your first house. Right before Saturn changed signs, Mercury stationed retrograde conjunct Saturn, and retrograded over your AC. In and of itself, that's not such a major transit, but when big players like Saturn get involved, Mercury stationing over a sensitive point reinforces whatever they're doing.

And last August, just over a week before your solar return, there was a solar eclipse right on your natal Chiron. Mars was the ruling planet of the eclipse, because it was closest to the sun at the time, and Mars was opposite your natal moon. Eclipses are powerful astrological events, and when they happen on a sensitive point in your chart, you are strongly affected. I imagine the effects you've been seeing involve deep seated wounds (Chiron) and perhaps anger, violence, and/or internalized violence (Mars).

Last edited:

sagittariussoul

What kinds of losses have you experienced this past year?

In addition to what the others mentioned, I notice this: Saturn has been transiting your ascendant, off and on, for much of the past year. It just moved off your ascendant and definitively into your first house. Right before Saturn changed signs, Mercury stationed retrograde conjunct Saturn, and retrograded over your AC. In and of itself, that's not such a major transit, but when big players like Saturn get involved, Mercury stationing over a sensitive point reinforces whatever they're doing.

And last August, just over a week before your solar return, there was a solar eclipse right on your natal Chiron. Mars was the ruling planet of the eclipse, because it was closest to the sun at the time, and Mars was opposite your natal moon. Eclipses are powerful astrological events, and when they happen on a sensitive point in your chart, you are strongly affected. I imagine the effects you've been seeing involve deep seated wounds (Chiron) and perhaps anger, violence, and/or internalized violence (Mars).

Hi Osamenor, thanks for the responses. I've a couple of family members during 2017 (Late July/start of august) and one of my uncle has been diagnosed with bone cancer last september. There's a lot of emotion going on in my mind, and it tends to overwhelm me.
I also sprained my foot by falling down the stairs last august, a few days before my birthday (26th, i think if i remember correctly) and someone here had pointed out that was due to the solar eclipse over my chiron, and there had been other "forces" at work? I'm still new to astrology, so apologies if this reply didn't make too much sense..

Osamenor

Staff member
Hi Osamenor, thanks for the responses. I've a couple of family members during 2017 (Late July/start of august) and one of my uncle has been diagnosed with bone cancer last september.
Which family members have been lost or affected might correlate with astrological transits in the indicative houses. Not that you automatically will lose family members when those houses are hit by transits, just that it's one way those transits might reflect in your life.

Is the uncle with bone cancer your mother's brother, or your father's? If he's your mother's brother, he would be indicated by your twelfth house (tenth house is mother, siblings are third, mother's siblings are twelfth because that's the third house from the tenth), and if he's your father's, by your sixth (third from the fourth; fourth is father). Saturn rules bones. Astrological transits don't always play out in such a literal way, but it's interesting when they do. (Not to diminish the real pain involved.)
There's a lot of emotion going on in my mind, and it tends to overwhelm me.
I'm not surprised that you can get overwhelmed by emotion. Neptune trine sun. It's perfectly appropriate to your chart, though, that you describe it as going on in your mind. Your sun is conjunct Mercury in a sign it rules; Mercury and sun are in the very practical (and not so emotional) Virgo, with Neptune in practical Capricorn. Meanwhile, you have very little water in your chart. Lack of water placements means lack of strong empathic tendencies--not that you're incapable of compassion or sympathy for others, you just don't tend to take on their emotions, and consequently are less swayed by emotional people and their situations than someone with significant water would be.

The combination of a lot of earth and air but very little water in your chart also suggests that when you experience emotion, even very strong emotion, it's primarily a mental experience. The earth factor adds a possible tendency to experience it physically--injuring your foot during an emotionally stressful time could be your body's way of saying, "I can't stand this anymore," literally. If you find yourself getting sick more often, or if you have any chronic conditions that flare up more when you're having emotional difficulty, that's another indicator of it manifesting physically.
I also sprained my foot by falling down the stairs last august, a few days before my birthday (26th, i think if i remember correctly) and someone here had pointed out that was due to the solar eclipse over my chiron, and there had been other "forces" at work? I'm still new to astrology, so apologies if this reply didn't make too much sense..

Mars is linked with accidents. Another very literal manifestation here. But a sprain is a relatively minor injury, and usually short term as injuries go (it may take weeks to heal, but it's usually not the kind of injury that will leave you impaired for the long term). Chiron may be associated with wounding, but above all, it's about the very deep seated wounds carried by not only you, but your family, your ancestors, etc.

What happened for you after you hurt your foot? What came up for you when you were off your feet? Was it a welcome break, or primarily a frustration? Did you have the help you needed, or were you left on your own? I imagine that some deeper issues may have surfaced around that, with Chiron being involved.

sagittariussoul

Which family members have been lost or affected might correlate with astrological transits in the indicative houses. Not that you automatically will lose family members when those houses are hit by transits, just that it's one way those transits might reflect in your life.

Is the uncle with bone cancer your mother's brother, or your father's? If he's your mother's brother, he would be indicated by your twelfth house (tenth house is mother, siblings are third, mother's siblings are twelfth because that's the third house from the tenth), and if he's your father's, by your sixth (third from the fourth; fourth is father). Saturn rules bones. Astrological transits don't always play out in such a literal way, but it's interesting when they do. (Not to diminish the real pain involved.)

I'm not surprised that you can get overwhelmed by emotion. Neptune trine sun. It's perfectly appropriate to your chart, though, that you describe it as going on in your mind. Your sun is conjunct Mercury in a sign it rules; Mercury and sun are in the very practical (and not so emotional) Virgo, with Neptune in practical Capricorn. Meanwhile, you have very little water in your chart. Lack of water placements means lack of strong empathic tendencies--not that you're incapable of compassion or sympathy for others, you just don't tend to take on their emotions, and consequently are less swayed by emotional people and their situations than someone with significant water would be.

The combination of a lot of earth and air but very little water in your chart also suggests that when you experience emotion, even very strong emotion, it's primarily a mental experience. The earth factor adds a possible tendency to experience it physically--injuring your foot during an emotionally stressful time could be your body's way of saying, "I can't stand this anymore," literally. If you find yourself getting sick more often, or if you have any chronic conditions that flare up more when you're having emotional difficulty, that's another indicator of it manifesting physically.

Mars is linked with accidents. Another very literal manifestation here. But a sprain is a relatively minor injury, and usually short term as injuries go (it may take weeks to heal, but it's usually not the kind of injury that will leave you impaired for the long term). Chiron may be associated with wounding, but above all, it's about the very deep seated wounds carried by not only you, but your family, your ancestors, etc.

What happened for you after you hurt your foot? What came up for you when you were off your feet? Was it a welcome break, or primarily a frustration? Did you have the help you needed, or were you left on your own? I imagine that some deeper issues may have surfaced around that, with Chiron being involved.

Apologies again for the late responses, lots of stuff already kicking off with the new year. My uncle with bone cancer is actually my mum’s uncle and my god father. I always thought the 4th house was the home of the mother and the 10th was the father? That’s what I’ve been told at least.

With that aspect being said, what would you say are the best traits it can have on a person? I always do feel better whenever I delve into a creative past time, such as playing the piano or writing. The mental experience is very accurate, I often feel I can’t contain emotion at times and they cause me physically break downs on occasions. This also occurred yesterday after having to report a manager at work for bullying, that had been going on for a while and of course, there’s only so much you can take before you collapse in on yourself. Is there anything in my chart that could indicate bullying too? Happened through school and now in the work place.

After the sprained foot incident, I found I was very frustrated. I had to take a week of work because one side had swollen. And was restlessly bored. I’d also like to know if there are any upcoming positive transits in my chart? Since I seem to be experiencing sheer bad luck. Thanks again for the response!

Osamenor

Staff member
I always thought the 4th house was the home of the mother and the 10th was the father? That’s what I’ve been told at least.
I've heard it both ways, too, but more astrologers use the traditional way (if they use the MC/IC as parental indicators), which is MC = mother and IC = father, than the other way around. My latest astrology teacher taught it that way, so it's fresh for me.

With that aspect being said, what would you say are the best traits it can have on a person? I always do feel better whenever I delve into a creative past time, such as playing the piano or writing.
Not clear what you mean by "that aspect," but if creativity makes you feel the best, it's definitely your medicine.
The mental experience is very accurate, I often feel I can’t contain emotion at times and they cause me physically break downs on occasions. This also occurred yesterday after having to report a manager at work for bullying, that had been going on for a while and of course, there’s only so much you can take before you collapse in on yourself. Is there anything in my chart that could indicate bullying too? Happened through school and now in the work place.
I'm not sure if charts can show bullying (presumably you mean you were bullied, not the bully yourself?). More accurately, a chart would show your responses to whatever happens to you--both how you could respond in a way that would better the outcome, and how you might respond in a way that would further disempower you and make it worse.

If you get bullied, you have some choices: fight back, speak up, sit there and take it, run away, mentally disconnect... to name a few. When you're a kid and you get bullied, your options are much more limited. If you fight back, chances are you'll be punished. Maybe the bullies will respect you for it, but maybe they won't. If you speak up, all too often the way the adults respond will be either to ignore it or to make it worse. Running away isn't necessarily an option--unlike the workplace, you can't just up and quit. So you're left with just take it and/or mentally disconnect.

Your chart gives you some powerful internal escape mechanisms. Neptune/Uranus trine Sun: sudden insights, beautiful daydreams, creativity, probably something you can use in a practical way (Capricorn/Virgo). Your Aquarius moon would be good at keeping emotional distance, with some help from its Saturn conjunction. I imagine your response to the bullying, both at school and at work, has been to mentally disconnect and disassociate. That's the easiest option available to you.

But your body is showing you that you can't just take it and disconnect. It breaks down when the bullying is too much. If you had the breakdown after reporting the bullying manager, that could be from fear of speaking up, or it could be because you were finally out of danger and had the freedom to collapse. Something similar happened to me a little over a year ago, when I reported a bullying coworker and he got fired: as soon as I knew he'd been fired, and I wouldn't have to work with him anymore, that was when the trauma reaction kicked in, and I got sick within days.

Speaking up is what you really need, though, and it's the best way for you to fight. The fighting instinct is Mars, which gets hampered some when it's in Libra: while Mars wants to fight back, and insists that you stand up for yourself or else, Libra wants everyone to get along and hates to disturb the peace. That doesn't make for an easy working relationship at all. But Libra is an air sign, and air signs are all about speaking and communicating. Libra is also about justice. Libra Mars does very, very well at speaking up, especially when motivated by injustice, or simply by things not being harmonious in your environment (if a manager is a bully, the workplace is anything but harmonious!).

Mars is also helped by being conjunct Jupiter and trine, however loosely, your moon. Jupiter gives everything near it a boost. Aquarius Moon is a natural truthsayer. Speaking your truth is what you very deeply need.

Right now, Mars and Jupiter are conjunct in Scorpio, just past your MC. That Mars/Jupiter conjunction has, for you, moved into your career arena, which may have helped you speak up just now.

I’d also like to know if there are any upcoming positive transits in my chart? Since I seem to be experiencing sheer bad luck. Thanks again for the response!

Transits are not positive or negative. What's positive or negative is how you work with them.