True meaning of planets in natal charts

obsidianmineral

It has come to my attention that many websites and astrology resources often describe the planets as a series of specific circumstances or encounters which are usually present in people's lives. Planets are characterized by a disposition which is then used to explain certain aspects of somebody's life, but, with due respect, I think that some of these don't carry on the true meaning of their planets. Think of the planets as sources of color which transmit a plethora of hues or shades of a basic color. Some planets have similar base colors, and therefore their meanings are similar, and their nature is agreeable. Others, on the other hand, are on the opposite end of the spectrum, and their natures disagree. In natal charts, planets can only represent things that pertain to the individual; otherwise it wouldn’t be called natal astrology. So, it would seem logical to rule out other people as factors in natal charts. This is not to say that the presence of others is not mentioned, for as the perception of others in relation to the individual is seen through the 7th house and its respective signifiers.

I have decided to give this subject quite some thought for a couple of months and have concluded that planets rule basic human nature. The planets are precisely the factors that make up the human personality and the idea of society and what the native thinks his role is in it. Jupiter and Saturn, being outer planets, rule grander, bigger aspects of life that are beyond our personality traits.

Saturn tells us how each individual views austerity, limitations, discipline, hard truths, etc. while Jupiter represents the collective good, generosity and mercy. On the other side of the coin we’ve got personal planets, which rule perceptions and created ideas. The Sun represents purity, individuality, uprightness, heartfelt intention to fulfill your perceived purpose or destiny. In its purest state, the Sun is not selfish or arrogant, it is just the need we all have for individuality and purpose. The Moon is the neediest of the planets, for it represents the basic human need for protection, comfort, love (not in a romantical sense), kindness and, in my opinion, it also signifies human origins and home of the humankind. In a way, it also represents planet earth and nature, which are the places that host our species. It is our inner love-seeking child. Venus is the planet of balance, harmony and lack of excess. It is the need for peace and agreeableness. Mars is the opposite, for it represents war and disruption and therefore, the need for change and violence. Yeah, in this world we need to find lack of balance to move and achieve a goal. Mars is the place where we get our motivation. Are you noticing how some planets have similar natures? Surely the Moon would find the peaceful Venusian energy pleasing, just like the Sun needs action and motivation (Sun-Mars), while it also enjoys the larger than life Jupiter presence. Mercury would be the only planet that isn’t naturally predisposed to being one way or another, rather, it only represents the idea of ideas; abstraction, reason, connections. But, there is a slight inclination towards finding truths and stating reality, so it is related to earth signs and agrees with the Saturnian energy.

So, my question to you all is, could you add more to these ideas? What have you found to be the real meanings of the planets?

Last edited: