Astrologers' Community  

Go Back   Astrologers' Community > General Astrology > Other Astrology > Electional and Event Astrology

Electional and Event Astrology Discuss here astrologically good times to do things, and what's happening astrologically when something major happens. Includes sports astrology.

Unread 06-04-2008, 01:41 PM

Should -serious event chart- have saturn on MC on purpose? Or can Jupiter be there?

This is my first time posting on this board.

Question: Is it always alright to pick a chart with Jupiter dead-on the Midheaven for a -very serious- event? Or should I put well-aspected saturn near the midheaven since the event is of a serious nature?

Last edited by Raindrops; 09-29-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Unread 06-04-2008, 04:55 PM
Account Closed

Re: Should -serious event chart- have saturn on MC on purpose? Or can Jupiter be there?

Hi Raindrops
You might want to post this question under the Electional astrology listing. Horary is quite different from electional.
Generally speaking, I would not place Saturn on the MC..or on any angle at all, unless it's a very Saturnian thing you're doing, like building or doing something with structure...and even then you have to be very careful. Yes, you'll want a well aspected Saturn, but not angular, and not in the 9th if you're dealing with University. Why make it harder than it needs to be? Saturn on the MC or in the 9th could give delays and obstacles and hoops to jump through.
Check out the electional board...they'll have way more info for you there
cheers
barbh

Last edited by barbh; 06-04-2008 at 04:59 PM.
Unread 06-04-2008, 05:17 PM

Re: Should -serious event chart- have saturn on MC on purpose? Or can Jupiter be ther

It depends on the condition of the planets in question, as well. A dignified Saturn (say, exalted in Libra) on the MC when entering medical school would be an excellent representation of the best aspects of Saturn (responsibility, discipline, etc) as well as the grind of medical school in general.

A poorly aspected Saturn would be something else entirely. Jupiter in fall (as it is now in Capricorn) is not necessarily a good thing, either. But as a general principle I would rather have the benefics on the relevant angles than the malefics, unless, as mentioned above, the malefic is in its sign of exaltation, which changes the timbre of its significance.

I agree this should go in electional astrology, however, so I'm moving it.
AG

Last edited by archergirl; 06-04-2008 at 05:21 PM.

Tags
chart, event, jupiter, purpose, saturn, serious