CALLING ALL SENIOR MEMBERS AND SCHOLARS; 8th lord conjunct 2nd lord help

CALLING ALL SERIOUS SCHOLARS, 8th ruler conjunct saturn in 2nd house

Hi everyone, this is a serious enquiry in regards to some astrological research im undertaking;
im currently doing as much research as i can accumulate on correlations between the natal birth chart and physical ailiments that manifest in the lifetime. Right now, im particuarly focusing on the big one; death.

Figuring that its best to start off with what you know, im therefore starting with my own chart and spreading outwards;
I personally have the following, quite intense aspect in my chart, which seems to weigh it down pretty heavily, at least according to astrotheme.com.

(moon as 8th house ruler, in a capricornian 2nd house, conjunct saturn; which therefore also happens to be 2nd house ruler;
Therefore it is also looked at as, the 8th ruler conjunct the 2nd ruler)

Im calling on all professional, experienced, experimental or amateur astrology students to Possibly give me an interpretation as to its significance, as varied and different as all interpretations come, because in truth, i have found very little info across the web that is specific to the conjunction of these 2 rulers together, and have very little clues myself as to what it could signify;
I did read somewhere, to my relief, that moon as 8th lord signifies a long life, phewwww....! Lol, but on a serious note, i have no idea how that would manifest in these circumstances, being that saturn is negative in general but considered positive in regards to 8th house, and capricorn.

Anyway id greatly appreciate any feedback anyone can give me, or even if theyve seen this apect before anywhere, be great.
I realise some people might want to see my whole chart to get an idea of the aspect in context, aswell as other, medically associated placements in my chart so heres some xtra info;

Born 28/09/1990, 13.26 pm, larne, northern ireland, uk

Ascend--sag, chart ruler--jupiter, in 8th house, in leo
8th house in, and mostly ocupied by cancer,
South node in 8th house, in leo
Chiron in 8th house In cancer
6th house in taurus, empty, with 6th lord venus in 9th house, in virgo
12th house in scorpio, empty, with 12th lord pluto in 11th house scorpio (or 12th lord mars conjunct descendent in gemini)

Libra sun in 9th house, conjunct midheaven & venus.
Libra Sun square 1st house uranus in capricorn, & square 2nd house neptune in cap.
Also sun sextile ascend, sextile chart ruler jupiter and trine mars.
Chart ruler jupiter sextile sag ascend.
Mars opposite ascend
Many thanks to anyone who is willing to offer any info on this particular aspect and even more thanks to anyone looking at it with my chart. Really very much appreciated.
Heres a pic of my chart if needed;
astro_2ast_01_seb.8272.7006.gif

Last edited:

dr. farr

Re: CALLING ALL SERIOUS SCHOLARS, 8th ruler conjunct saturn in 2nd house

8th has to do with longevity (among other things) Death per se, involves considerations of the 12th house, 4th house, and considerations also of 6th house (health problems); Vedic astrology looks especially at the 2nd and 7th houses relative to death, with the 8th considered, again, related to longevity.

Vedic astrology looks especially at the 2nd and 7th houses relative to death, with the 8th considered, again, related to longevity.
interesting, ive rarely if ever seen 2nd and 7th house related to death.
mars exactly conjunct descendent in gemini might be suden, traffic related perhaps, but perhaps even sabotage or murder by enemies im guessing,
a little morbid, i know! but just taking in all considerations!
given my that my juno is in 12th house, probably means ill get knocked off by my partner, lol!
thanks for the response dr farr.

sorry, just to pick up on what you highlighted as 8th being more specific to longevity, rather than death per se, that might mean that a chart ruling jupiter in 8th would encourage longevity perhaps?

dr. farr

sorry, just to pick up on what you highlighted as 8th being more specific to longevity, rather than death per se, that might mean that a chart ruling jupiter in 8th would encourage longevity perhaps?

Yes it could, especially if Jupiter in the 8th were posited in its own or exaltation sign.
Vedic astrology has a long tradition in the study of longevity: and, I might add, one does NOT have to use sidereal to use the Vedic insights-they apply quite well to our Western tropical zodiac (a small % of Vedic astrologers to this today continue to use the tropical zodiac, as the evidence seems to suggest the ancient authors prior to the 9th century, also did-they are called "sayana" jyotisha, as opposed to the majority who follow the sidereal zodiac, who are called "niryana" jyotisha)
Some books on this subject which you might like to study include:
-"Longevity: a Vedic Approach", R. Kumar,
and, if you are up to it, the controversial Richard Houck book ("The Astrology of Death")
...these titles generally availabe from various internet sources like astroamerica.com and amazon...