Does Saturn in 1st house mean lost-Identity?

conspiracy theorist

According to pop astrology your supposed to be an "extroverted" Gemini.

According to your natal Chart that doesn't seem to be the Case.

For instance, you have 6 planets in water which includes your Ascendant ruler. You are much more watery than gemini-y which only has the Sun in it.

In fact in your chart there is a heavy component of the phlegmatic temperament which is lunar in nature. Such a temperament would make you more ruled by your "desire nature" i.e you find it hard to do things that doesn't please you. I'd say it is the least ambitious of the temperaments so I doubt you would be the one to undertake work because of prestige or good pay under testing circumstances.

Added to the phlegmatic is that your moon is in the best shape in your chart. With it being the sect light, domiciled and in the fifth house of pleasures.

Due you enjoy writing in any form? Stories, poetry etc? With such a powerful moon configured with Mercury and with a Venus trailing at the end of the sign, I'd say there is potential for some kind of self-expression through the written word. Water, Moon, and Venus could give a very dream-like flare if that is route you wish to go. A trine from Saturn could give you the structure to put pen to paper.

Nursing actually wouldn't be a bad choice for you based on the chart. Your nurturing nature is likely to be strong with that moon of yours and with a Cancer Venus placed in the 6th house of service and day-to-day working environment, you may be able to bring a pleasant and soft energy to your work environment that others find soothing.

Maybe passion is too grand a concept for you atm. Do you have anything that you like to do? You can start from there.

Last edited:

lisahearts

According to pop astrology your supposed to be an "extroverted" Gemini.

According to your natal Chart that doesn't seem to be the Case.

For instance, you have 6 planets in water which includes your Ascendant ruler. You are much more watery than gemini-y which only has the Sun in it.

In fact in your chart there is a heavy component of the phlegmatic temperament which is lunar in nature. Such a temperament would make you more ruled by your "desire nature" i.e you find it hard to do things that doesn't please you. I'd say it is the least ambitious of the temperaments so I doubt you would be the one to undertake work because of prestige or good pay under testing circumstances.

Added to the phlegmatic is that your moon is in the best shape in your chart. With it being the sect light, domiciled and in the fifth house of pleasures.

Due you enjoy writing in any form? Stories, poetry etc? With such a powerful moon configured with Mercury and with a Venus trailing at the end of the sign, I'd say there is potential for some kind of self-expression through the written word. Water, Moon, and Venus could give a very dream-like flare if that is route you wish to go. A trine from Saturn could give you the structure to put pen to paper.

Nursing actually wouldn't be a bad choice for you based on the chart. Your nurturing nature is likely to be strong with that moon of yours and with a Cancer Venus placed in the 6th house of service and day-to-day working environment, you may be able to bring a pleasant and soft energy to your work environment that others find soothing.

Maybe passion is too grand a concept for you atm. Do you have anything that you like to do? You can start from there.

Thank you for the insight & explanation. That is very true I am not extroverted & am terribly shy. I enjoy reading & I am most happy around children .. I have thought of writing children's books or working with children in some way. nursing school is a difficult road to take and I don't think I am very strong academically, I've struggled in school my whole life. I do dream of a peaceful life, perhaps I daydream way too much but I don't care much for money, at this point I just want to find something I like doing and live peacefully. My sun is in 5th house so I guess I do believe in fairytales. Not sure what Neptune conjunction Uranus in 12th means

conspiracy theorist

Thank you for the insight & explanation. That is very true I am not extroverted & am terribly shy. I enjoy reading & I am most happy around children .. I have thought of writing children's books or working with children in some way. nursing school is a difficult road to take and I don't think I am very strong academically, I've struggled in school my whole life. I do dream of a peaceful life, perhaps I daydream way too much but I don't care much for money, at this point I just want to find something I like doing and live peacefully. My sun is in 5th house so I guess I do believe in fairytales. Not sure what Neptune conjunction Uranus in 12th means

Yes, children would be perfect for you. 5th house has to do with kids which your chart seems to point in that direction. By whole sign your Sun IS in the 5th but by placidus it's in the fourth. So a mixture between the home, early childhood, and children would do you some real good.

Working in a day-care centre/nursery, babysitting services, pre-school teacher, writing children's books -- how do these sound?

As to the conjunction. It is placed in the cadent 12th and it consists of two outer planets which were configured together for a number of years (I have the conjunction and I'm born in a different year from you). I really don't think it is that pertinent to you, although it's opposition to Venus which rules the 3rd house of other family members/neighbourhood and the 8th house of anxiety may have some significance.

Again, they're both cadent so I doubt they play a huge role in the grand scheme of things, especially when they're stronger placements.

Last edited:

Kannon

Does Saturn in 1st house mean lost-Identity?
No. Saturn is constructive on the whole, but only if we view our lives against the backdrop of a time scale that will take us to places we cannot currently see. In the short-term it can just seem like 'no', or like restriction, or like failure.

I understand your struggle. I experienced it myself in my younger years. Just remember you are young and don't have to know all these things now. Your life is not slipping away, and it is important not to measure it against anyone else's progress or life. We all have our own tempo and our own life timing.

Some points of emphasis in your chart

You were born when Sun [23N04] was nearly exactly parallel Venus [23N02]. This shows that you have strong underlying urges for love, affection, social contact. In addition both these are parallel Mercury [22N40] and Mercury is conjunct the Moon in Cancer. This shows a talkative, communicative, and emotional nature that needs to be involved in an ongoing fashion in what you do for work. I don't think that nursing or similar services are a bad idea, but you may need to investigate some things that are more open, creative, less task oriented.

What artistic interests do you have?

Meantime, it would be good if you could write out your thoughts and find a way to detach from them. Write about what pleases you, what entices you, triggers your curiosity. Our purpose is found by following our curiosity and what we are intuitively drawn to.

Think and write about what you can imagine as a worthwhile life that fulfills some ideal vision. When you are still this young and you don't know what you are about, it has a way of sabotaging social confidence.

As to vocation - sometimes failure is okay

If your heart is not in nursing, its okay to fail in the effort. See what you can learn during the process. People wrongly associate failures with some flaw in themselves. No. Your first duty is to be true to yourself, not to succeed at everything you try. That's not even realistic. Does a child succeed at riding a bike immediately? No, of course not. They wobble, they crash and skin up their knees and cry. Some give up that day. Some find they don't want to ride a bike badly enough. But most of us come back until we learn it.

Ask yourself what it is you admire in your mother in her role as a nurse. See if some of those things transfer to other vocational possibilities for you.

Some other recent astrological factors

The Uranus-Pluto square has directly hit your Mercury-Moon in Cancer. Pluto has been opposite those two, and thankfully Uranus has now moved away from its square to them. Pluto-Moon transits can be difficult no matter who you are or how old you are. However, it can serve the purpose of bringing out some stronger feelings. You've got a few months left of that Pluto transit opposite your Moon (till January 2016), so see if you can make use of it. If you notice that you have particularly strong feelings about certain things, personal or societal, pay attention to that and find out if there's a way to positively channel those into constructive drives.

Saturn was recently conjunct your North Node, and more recently conjunct your natal Pluto for a while while Neptune has been conjunct/parallel your Saturn, and Neptune quincunx your natal Mercury. These transits can mark a time in which it feels hard to move forward, hard to think as clearly as you'd like, and develop confidence in purpose/direction. They will pass.

Jupiter will transit square to your Sun before the end of the year, and give you a break from some of this so you can reach out and move forward with more confidence.

Consider it a process

It is a growth process, self-discovery. You will pass landmarks of progress. Don't use setbacks or transient failures as a basis for negative self-talk. Just learn what you can from them and move on. Sometimes all we can do during difficult times is find balance and keep it best we can. Balance is extremely important. Feel out what that means to you. Look for what upsets you or gets you down and determine effective ways of neutralizing or avoiding those effects.

Last edited:

ElenaJ

I was going to write you, but just read what Kannon says, and he about says it all, and very very well! Just a couple of points. Your moon/mercury conjunction in cancer makes you shy and dreamy, but you do have a sensitive creative chart. I agree that less task-oriented work would probably suit you better, and definitely children are in the picture. Writing about them, photographing them, designing toys, clothes, or games for them, lots of room here for you. The uranus/neptune opposite venus gives imagination and sparkle. You have a wonderful chart all summed up, with great potential and a lot of years ahead of you to work it out! Good luck!

wilsontc

Staff member
North node, to lisa

lisa,

You said:
--I don't know who I am or what I want to do in life. I am studying...

You North node ( :northnode: , future goals) is in the astrological expansion (also wisdom) house suggesting you have a strong need in life to learn and expand. This suggests that travel to distant places can help you grow and you naturally want to learn everything you can. Your need to learn may not fit into a constrictive, formal, classroom environment. To you the world is your classroom and if you don't know it, you can find out about it. Especially with Pluto ( :pluto: , transformation, also research) conjunct (energy is combined with your North node, there is a strong urge to find out. More here:
http://northnodeastrology.blogspot.com/2008/05/south-node-3rd-house-north-node-9th.html

Nodally,

Tim

IleneK

Premium Member
This is just a very quick intuitive look at your chart. I think you might take great pleasure and satisfaction working in the caring services. This is based on the very strong water/feeling influence in your chart. Your Asc is ruled by a planet in a water sign, and that planet also rules the 12th sign/place in your chart. Further, you have a preponderance of personal planets in water and the 6th sign/place: Merc, Venus, as well as Moon in her dignity, so she also rules the 6th sign/place.

The 6th/12th axis is the axis of service to others. So I could see your involvement in children's' services, family, adult, mental health services. A place where your feeling heart could make a difference by giving, and you could gain great satisfaction.

I would also urge you to be very kind and gentle with yourself at this tender age. The world is very large and there is much that you will continue to discover to help you along your way.

Wishing you the very best.

JUPITERASC

--I don't know who I am or what I want to do in life.
I am studying Nursing in College but am struggling very badly,
since 2012 I have been working on completing an Associates degree, failing class after class though I try my hardest

--I only choose nursing because my mother is a nurse.

I have no idea what my passion is or what I'd like to be.

I recently landed my first job as a cashier but I feel like I am dragging myself there everyday.

29uwp50.jpg

--I have 0 friends & I just have no idea who I am or what I am doing.. Like a tree, I'm just here existing.
I'm 21 already and feel like my life is slipping away.
I've been told my Saturn in 1st house
& Uranus in 12th can explain this but not sure how....
Also my chart shows an extrovert Gemini but I am very introverted.
Notice that your MC ruler Jupiter is in Mars-ruled Scorpio
and natal Mars is in Venus-ruled Taurus

natal Venus in Cancer is disposited by the Moon
That's a complex mix of influences :smile:

so do consider a 'Venusian'-style career or occupation - there are many

for example:
Taurus ruler Venus is connected with the following occupations:
Musicians, painters, jewellers, actors, embroiderers, women-tailors, fiddlers, pipers
when joined with Moon, singers
perfumers, artists, seamstresses
engravers, upholsterers, glovers, all as sell those commodities which adorn women either in body - as clothes
- or in face, as in cosmetics of one kind or another
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/venus_att.html

As the first of the 'Earth' signs, Taurus personalises the expressions 'solid as a rock' and 'down to earth'.
There is an affinity with earth. Farming and agriculture belong to Taurus, relating back to the signs early origins.
Productivity and creativity are also appropriate keywords.
So you will find many involved in the creative arts,
or demonstrating creativity in practical pursuits such as flower arranging, pottery, creative cookery
http://www.skyscript.co.uk/taurus.html

The connection with 'earth' is also linked to real estate and gardening

Poupoupidou

--I don't know who I am or what I want to do in life. (...) I've been told my Saturn in 1st house & Uranus in 12th can explain this but not sure how....

Saturn in the 1st house is about the structure of our individuality, which depends on our self-image. So, yes it can have an impact on your identity. You have Saturn semi-squaring Uranus which suggest you may not want to assume and integrate what you value as being part of your individuality.

You also have Saturn squaring MC, and MC is about your destiny. So, no wonder you have a hard time finding your path or sticking to one choice.

Spiritlite

So I'm a novice. But look at your moon and mercury in Cancer conjunct, in your H5. H5 is creativity, and could be children.....you feel deeply but you are great at communicating feelings? Does that sound true? I bet you're probably a good person to talk to in terms of feelings, have you ever thought of being a counselor.
Your Venus in H6. To me intuitively that shows where you are blessed. Creation of beautiful projects is what I see here. This is your house of work, so I want to say that anything to do with beauty or the arts or human resources. I see and feel in this chart that you want to work with people but is it as a nurse? Could it be in human resources?
House six is ruled by Cancer....that means you work well with people and for people. Maybe not so much as a nurse (in a way nursing can be an art, but for those who don't appreciate that it is an art....well it's not fulfilling).
You need a career where you can be creative. I honestly wonder about being a counselor based on Moon and Mercury in house five.
Interesting that your sun is in H4. Ruled by Gemini. H4 is your to put it simply house of home, young childhood. The house of psychology....again I'm wondering if counseling is what you should look into, you being a counselor.
Let me know if I'm way off base
Michelle

Last edited:

Spiritlite

Did what I say help you or make sense? I really would appreciate feedback
Thanks
Michelle

So I'm a novice. But look at your moon and mercury in Cancer conjunct, in your H5. H5 is creativity, and could be children.....you feel deeply but you are great at communicating feelings? Does that sound true? I bet you're probably a good person to talk to in terms of feelings, have you ever thought of being a counselor.
Your Venus in H6. To me intuitively that shows where you are blessed. Creation of beautiful projects is what I see here. This is your house of work, so I want to say that anything to do with beauty or the arts or human resources. I see and feel in this chart that you want to work with people but is it as a nurse? Could it be in human resources?
House six is ruled by Cancer....that means you work well with people and for people. Maybe not so much as a nurse (in a way nursing can be an art, but for those who don't appreciate that it is an art....well it's not fulfilling).
You need a career where you can be creative. I honestly wonder about being a counselor based on Moon and Mercury in house five.
Interesting that your sun is in H4. Ruled by Gemini. H4 is your to put it simply house of home, young childhood. The house of psychology....again I'm wondering if counseling is what you should look into, you being a counselor.
Let me know if I'm way off base
Michelle

Kite

If you haven't taken classes in the arts and humanities - now is the time. You show inclinations towards literature, music, alternative therapies (check psychology), etc.

You should be trying on different roles to see what feels right. In seven years you'll commit to something more long-term. You could be a healer but it does not have to be packaged in the traditional sense. You could be a Play Therapist for instance.

I would also take a business course. You show organizational abilities there so administration in areas of life you enjoy could be another patch to explore.

Don't give up on school - it's a gift. Just pick the things you're interested in right now and give yourself permission to explore.