alexander the great

Arian Maverick

Thank you for providing a link to this site, Draco; I think I've stumbled upon it before while researching Soul Rays, but I hadn't realized how little of an Aries influence Alexander the Great had in his natal chart until now! I hadn't pictured the great conqueror to have a Cancer Sun conjunct Venus in Cancer, but astrology is always filled with surprises. I'm now wondering if my chart would be identified as belonging to a warrior before Alexander's in thread like Who's Who? An Astrological Exploration. :rolleyes:

Arian Maverick

Natasha

I think of Aries when I think of Alexander.
Of course they say love of his life was Hephaestion his comrade in battle.
He had a wife but it was reputed a formality.
Still he has to be one of the greatest warriers of all time

Yoi

Caesar was also a Cancer. I took his birthdate and put it into astro.com (taking into account the change in calenders etc.) and got the chart below.

He had a grand fire trine between Mercury, Neptune and Saturn. The thing is this, as well as Alexander's Sun conjunct Venus is perfectly understandable. The ability to weave dreams, and inspire devotion and make people believe in you is a very powerful ability in a leader. For Caesar his grand trine is in Fire, that is fire and ideals and spirit. Mercury means he has the great ability to articulate his dreams (he was a great orator). Neptune contacting Mercury means he has the great ability to weave magic into his speech. Saturn contacting Mercury gives him intellectual ability and seriousness (Einstein had Saturn contacting Mercury) and Saturn contacting Neptune gives him the ability to ground the dreams he is weaving in reality and give them concrete form.

Alexander's Sun conjunct Venus I guess gave him a lot of personal charm and magnetism and ability to sway people. Honestly speaking, the Alexander charts are really bad quality so I can't say that much. I find it difficult to read anything in them.

Caesar's Mars like Alexander's is not very strong. Caesar's is in Virgo. It has no major aspects except for a wide opposition to Neptune which wouldn't exactly help him in terms of warfare. He has a tight Sun opposition Uranus which means he likes to force change. Alexander's is in Gemini. Hey both are ruled by Mercury. Alexander's Mars also has a major aspect to Neptune. It is (maybe) sextile the Asc.
But I mean look at it like this. Mars denotes great energy, great activity, masculine nature. But in mythology Mars (Ares) was creamed in fights. He was too headstrong, too emotional and impulsive. He had the love of the fight but wasn't very good at it. Gemini and Virgo, are both thinking signs, rational and logical. The energy of Mars tempered by the rationality of Mercury (either Gemini or Virgo) may denote a great military *strategist*. Someone more like Athena than Mars. Someone who is able to keep his/her cool , survey the situation and work out a brilliant plan. Not very macho but usually much more successful in battle.

I don't know about Alexander, but it looks like Caesar's Mars is on top of the fixed star Spica (I'm hoping here that astro.com takes into account the movement of the stars with time...), which makes the situation even worse from a martial point of view as it's a pretty feminine star, representing the Goddess Ceres.

http://users.winshop.com.au/annew/Spica.html

However, it does look like Spica gives good fortune.

With Mars: Popular social success, may have good judgment and quick decision or be violent in dispute, rigid, and nearly or quite a fool. (Robson).

Oooh. Looks like Pluto might be on top of Algol.

The other tight (2 degrees or less) contacts in his chart are Moon trine Pluto, Moon sextile North Node, Jupiter sextile Saturn, Pluto sextile North Node. He also at 3 degrees has Uranus square North Node.

Moon trine Pluto I guess gives him emotional intensity and an ability to intuitively understand the darker side of others.

The rest of his tight contacts are all to the North Node - Moon sextile North Node, Pluto sextile North Node, Uranus square North Node. The North Node is about the way you interact with the group - group dynamics. Harmonious (conjunct seems to be harmonious as well) means you and the group get along well together. Caesar was beloved by his troops and very popular amongst the common people as a politician. Though born a patrician, he was poor and a large part of his powerbase came from his personal popularity amongst the troops and the plebians, as unlike many other patricians, due to his poverty he grew up living amongst plebians and understood them very well. He was not only a great general but a natural politician. This became especially important once the whole civil war started and a big factor was who the troops owed their *personal* allegience too. And they worshipped Caesar. The Moon sextile North Node shows I think his popular amongst the "common people" as well as the fame and fortune he received. Pluto denotes the will. A hard aspect (especially opposition) from Pluto the North Node denotes that your will is often opposed by that of the group and your life is often disrupted by large social projects beyond your control. The sextile here means his has a good understanding of the will of the group and his personal will aligns with those of the times, so the large social projects (I guess in this case the final dismantling of the Roman Republic) *help* him rather than oppose him.

As for his square with Uranus:

http://www.astrologyweekly.com/astrological-aspects/north-node-square-uranus.php

This square indicates a situation in which the natives' desire for freedom and their nonconformist tendencies conflict with social standards. They are likely to run roughshod over the mores of their culture and will incur the disapproval of the more traditional elements of society. Hence they are prone to misfortune.

Well he did **** off the more traditional powerbase in Rome and paid the price for it.

Attachments

• juliussmall.gif
    juliussmall.gif
    94.5 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:

Sag Moon

Alexander the great did not follow the wisdon of the seers he asked for advice. Neither did Ceasar which also was to be his downfall.

I find that those in power find themselves caught up in their own egotistical outlook whereas they follow their own advice which sometimes is not the best.

I find that Hitler did the same..He executed his seers and astrologers.The first was a real seer who told him of his rise and what he had to do to secure it.That is a weird story as he had to visit a graveyard on New Years eve and place something on a grave. It worked as he came to power shortly after,but the seer must have told him something else that made Hitler kill him. He was also Jewish and we know how he loved the Jews and others for that matter.

Does anyone know if Bonepart used astrologers? He was an ego maniac also.

Andonis

Just a clarification. Caesar's chart has two mutual receptions making 4 houses very strong indeed. Moon with Sun, making 4th (family) and 6th (health) house very strong, and Jupiter with Saturn, making the 9th (aspirations) and 11th houses (friends) also very strong indeed.

Yoi

Andonis said:
Just a clarification. Caesar's chart has two mutual receptions making 4 houses very strong indeed. Moon with Sun, making 4th (family) and 6th (health) house very strong, and Jupiter with Saturn, making the 9th (aspirations) and 11th houses (friends) also very strong indeed.

How do you know what Caesar's ascendant is?

tikana

hi I have Alexander the Great's chart WITH birth time!

i came across description of his birth in the archives

Now i need to find where the HECK did i put my notes

bblater

Tik